|BIG BROTHER: POWER TRIP - DAILY UPDATE: DAY 18
Shown: Tonight, Monday 23rd June 2014, 10pm on Channel 5
Spoilers below for tonight's show.
• The Housemates wake up to the aftermath of the mammoth row over the veto power that Toya and Matthew had as the Power Couple.
• Matthew tries to explain to Marlon that they (the Power Couple) were trying to regain some balance in the house with the veto vote but Winston remarks: ‘well, there is no balance now.’ Matthew reminds him: ‘we’re still in power.’
• The atmosphere in the house is still tense and Toya tells Mark and Matthew that she can’t even look at the offending boys (Winston, Ash and Marlon) and that the row has made her feel sick and that she couldn’t sleep. Marlon overhears Toya’s comments as, ‘I can’t even look at them, they make me sick’ and tells the other boys.
• Toya tells Jale that one thing that has come out of the row is that they, ‘know who’s who now.’
• Winston is suspicious of Toya’s new friendship with Jale.
• Marlon still thinks that Toya is making herself a victim and observes that the public can see through a bullsh**ter.’ Marlon also points out to the nominated boys that the public have the power to keep them all in. Ash then asks Steven what he thinks of the Power Couple and he says: ‘I’m more disappointed with Matthew than I am with Toya.’ Steven also says that he feels, ‘physically targeted by them.’
• Ashleigh and Danielle are talking about Helen and Ashleigh says, ‘She is the least classy woman I have ever known.’ Danielle says Helen has, ‘a mind like a sewer.’
• Toya speaks to Chris about her feelings about Helen’s involvement in the row and tells him that Helen said to her: ‘Forget Marlon you need to make up with Ash!’
• The Housemates talk about the public reaction they can hear on eviction night and observe that they haven’t heard much reaction to Chris and Winston. Christopher explains that Winston won’t get much reaction as he is, ‘as controversial as a foot’ and that you need to form strong opinions in the house to get a reaction. Mark says that Winston has opinions and that, ‘he is not an idiot.’
• Mark is finding it hard to maintain his neutral position with the Power Couple and says: ‘If someone goes that I’m close to I will want to blame them and I don’t want to blame them, they’re me mates.’
• Jale gives the boys some advice in the garden and tells them that being on the show is a unique experience and that she is trying to remain as objective as possible.
• The Power Couple are told to go to the control room and told that their next power is that they save one of the people up for eviction this week (apart from Christopher and Jale, who have the Power Vote and the Power Nomination respectively). They also view the Housemate’s profile VTs. To further help them in making their decision they are given earpieces and a secret screen to spy on the Housemates whilst enjoying a Power Lunch in the Power Pod. Below are some of the comments the Power Couple make during their spying session:
• Toya on Danielle – ‘She’s losing herself in here. From the VT to now is two different people.’
• Matthew on Helen – ‘She is the most hated Housemate. She’s so easy to dislike.’
• Toya on Helen – ‘She’s got a hard face.’
• Matthew on Marlon – ‘He’s looks so fat.’
• Matthew on Helen – ‘She needs to what it feels like to be on edge.’
• Toya on Winston – ‘He’s limited.’
• Matthew on Marlon – ‘I never had any respect for him anyway.’
• Jale asks Kimberly what is going on with her and Steven and Kimberly replies: ‘nothing.’ Kimberly tells Jale that Danielle was her first friend in the house and Jale observes that, ‘it’s all going t**s up.’
• Toya invites Ash for a chat and tells him that she found his behaviour, ‘really intimidating.’ Ash tell her that he felt close to Toya and Matthew and was upset and said: ‘You really ******ed me over.’
• Big Brother invites the Housemates to the sofas and reiterates the current Housemates up for nominations. Big Brother also asks the Power Couple to tell the group who they will save from eviction this week and they decide on Steven. Steven seems relieves and hugs Matthew. Toya and Matthew are told that this was their last action as the Power Couple and Toya says: ‘Thank God!’
• Big Brother tells Steven his safety comes at a price and he must pick one of the Power Couple to take his place in the nominations this week. He picks Toya and she says: ‘You don’t have to explain, I’m ready to go.’
• The nominations for this week are:
• Winston tells Jale he is happy about Toya being up for nominations. Jale says: ‘Toya doesn’t listen to reason.’
• Toya comments that Marlon needs to be on the show as validation as all his friends are celebrities.
• Toya decides that she is going to confront the whole group and tell them that she and Matthew have heard everything they have said that day. Mark warns her: ‘You’re going to say something you will regret.’
• Toya talks to Danielle in the bedroom and tells her that she cried when she watched Danielle’s VT and says: ‘You had such a spark, you’ve lost yourself – I don’t know who this is.’ She further warns Danielle that: ‘these people will eat you alive.’
• Ash discusses the cliques in the house and says that he feels the boys are being blamed unfairly as when he walk into the girls room they all go quiet.
• Helen confronts Toya as she feels that Toya has been different with her today. Helen then admits she hasn’t been following Toya about, ‘with her tongue up her ar**’ as the felt she needed some space and that she has made a mistake discussing this with Toya in front of Danielle and Ashleigh. Danielle and Ashleigh take Helen’s ‘tongue’ comment to mean them.
• Danielle then says about Helen: ‘She’s disgusting.’ and Ashleigh agrees that she finds Helen ‘vile’.
• Toya follows Helen to the toilet where she tries to explain that she has been different to her today because of what she saw on the secret screen and because she feel that Helen is being led astray by the boys.
• Helen rants to the Housemates that Danielle is getting special treatment because of her beliefs and that the Housemates are making unnecessary concessions for Danielle’s behaviour and that she also has beliefs and they are not being taken into consideration.
• After Toya’s talk with Danielle, Danielle confesses to Jale that yes her spark has gone and that one person specifically stole it. Jale explains that things can change in the house in a short space of time, giving her relationship with Pauline as an example. Danielle then says that all the housemates are, ‘idiots with nothing better to do than pick on an innocent, sweet girl.’
1. Toya is in the diary room.
‘I don’t know how I feel this morning. Disappointed, upset, disgusted. You know when they say when you sleep on things, in the morning it doesn’t seem so bad, unfortunately that’s not the case this morning with me. I’ve come to the conclusion that if Marlon stays on Friday I’ll be leaving the house because I cannot live with somebody as barbaric and disgusting like that. I refuse to share a home with such a person who instead of being raised, was dragged up. You roll with pigs, you get flies. Winston is just a lost cause, this is a person who pisses all over the toilet, he’s not even worth oxygen. He’s just… I can’t even be bothered with him. There is no opportunity whatsoever for any reconciliation between my self and Marlon, Ash and Winston. It’s not going to happen here’.
2. Ash talks to Mark in the garden.
Ash: ‘It’s the most stupid, reckless, ridiculous decision. You fu**ed us up majorly.’
Mark: ‘They didn’t think it through.’
Ash: ‘No, that’s bulls**t Mark.’
Mark: ‘It’s like a decision that the public at home would’ve made, do you know what I mean? Because they have no emotional attachment to any of us.’
Ash: ‘Because there’s boring ba**ards and there’s people that are fun.’
Mark: ‘Just because somebody’s different doesn’t make them boring, they’re different to us.’
Ash: ‘They don’t smoke, they don’t drink, they don’t move, they don’t go in the pool. They sit down and braid hair. At the end of the day Matthew and Toya have the decision to either cancel their so-called mate’s votes or cancel people that they don’t really speak to.’
Mark: ‘Toya’s mates with everybody, she’s really close to Danielle.’
Ash: ‘Yeah she’s mates with everyone, well she clearly isn’t mates with me.’
3. Toya confronts the Housemates in the garden.
Toya: ‘Oh yeah there was something else as well but obviously Matt’s not going to say it I am.’
Matthew: ‘I don’t care I was about to say it.’
Toya: ‘But I will because I’m up for nomination anyway so I’ll just say it because I don’t really give a s**t, so basically today when we were up there.’
Mark: ‘Toya don’t say something you’re going to regret.’
Toya: ‘I’m not going to regret it, it’s the truth! We heard everything that was discussed this afternoon. We had earpieces and we had a screen. Every single thing that was said in this house this afternoon when we was up there, we heard everything. Yeah we heard every single conversation, everything that was said.’
Marlon: ‘I’m glad.’
Toya: ‘You didn’t say anything interesting’.
Marlon: ‘You’re not anything interesting to be talked about’.
Toya: ‘Marlon just grow up, it’s embarrassing.’
Marlon: ‘You’re embarrassing’.
Toya: ‘Marlon I know that you need this to validate you. I know you need an audience, a mirror, a camera just to validate you but darling you are going about it the wrong way and you need to grow up. Marlon the reason we can’t comment on your VT is because it’s so embarrassing.’
Marlon: ‘You’re embarrassing, you’re embarrassing, you look embarrassing. Have you ever looked…I’m not even going to go there. Look in the mirror.’
Toya: ‘Marlon you want fame, you want validation because all you’re friends are successful. You want a jacket business, you’re just so confused it’s embarrassing.’
Marlon: ‘And you’re stable? You’re clearly not stable you don’t know what the ****** you want. Moving on, because you are boring. You are a bore, you are a bore, you are a bore. True colours coming out again, true colours coming out again. You can’t physically talk so you go personal, you have no vocabulary. You want to talk personal because you can’t talk the truth so stop chatting sh** because if you want to go personal I’ll rip you apart. Right, exactly, because you haven’t got no vocabulary so you want to go personal. Simple as that you’re true colours are coming out.’
Mark: ‘The pair of you leave it, you’re never going to be fu**ing best mates, just leave it at that.’
Toya: ‘He’s embarrassing.’
Mark: ‘Don’t embarrass yourselves, both of you just leave it as it is.’
Toya: ‘At twenty two years old I already had a law degree and I already went to law school. At twenty two, works in optics, I mean speaks for itself really.’