|Article contains spoilers from tonight's (Tuesday 22nd July) highlights show.
Here are the details of what happened in the house yesterday...
• Yesterday, Big Brother revealed to Ashleigh that the public had selected her to be the next Power Housemate, unbeknown to the rest of the Housemates.
• Some of the Housemates discuss the nominations and Mark suggests that if everyone was up for eviction, Steven would go first. An “offended” Steven jokes, “I appreciate your *****ing vote of confidence!” and Helen adds, “Well done Mark, you’ve started him off and it’s only Monday!”
• Pav talks to Big Brother about his time in the House and reveals that he likes to split his time between the groups. He goes on to add that he doesn’t feel attached to anyone yet but “floats about and feeding on the energies of people that match mine”
• Ashleigh tells Chris that Zoe suspects he could be the Power Housemate. Chris observes that Big Brother hasn’t actually revealed that there’s a secret Power Housemate just that the Power has returned to the House.
• Ashleigh asks Chris a hypothetical question about how to handle the Power and he advises, “disengage, don’t be emotional about it…do it so there’s a good element of fun…pi*s people off but pi*s the right people off”
• Helen and Ash discuss their sleeping arrangements and Ash suggests that they should top and tail so they can get a good night’s sleep. In the end, they both agree to create “The Great Wall of China” between them as a barrier, using pillows from Steven’s bed
• Ashleigh is called to the Control Room and Iris reveals that she must form a secret Power Alliance and must choose one Housemate to join her. All Housemates in the Alliance will be immune from eviction and must work together to choose the Housemates that will face the public eviction. Ashleigh chooses Chris, as the first Housemate to join her and Big Brother advises her that the Alliance will grow over the coming days
• Ashleigh invites Chris to the Pod where she reveals that she is the new Power Housemate. Helen interrupts, so the conversation is put on hold while they head downstairs to eat
• Steven says that he would like to marry Kimberly but goes on to admit that he “gets carried away” by things. They joke about how they met and Helen quips, “you’d both have to shout ‘Top Sha**er!”
• In the bedroom, Ashleigh tells Chris that she has chosen him to join her Power Alliance. They both agree to nominate Steven who Chris finds “annoying to the max…he’s constantly in a self referencing bubble” before adding, “it’s going to be curtains for Steve”
• Newly recruited Power Housemate Chris tries to put some of the other Housemates off the scent by suggesting it could be “an audience thing” as they’ve not really been involved so far
• Ashleigh is called to the Control Room where she reveals that Steven is the Power Alliance’s first nomination citing that “He talks about himself…he’ll ask people questions and doesn’t listen to their answers” Iris then reveals that Ashleigh must recruit one more Housemate to join the Alliance and, as a group, they must choose the next Housemate who will face eviction
• Zoe, Mark and Ashleigh consult the tea leaves for clues about who the new Power Housemate and Mark sees “two eyes, a mouth and a nose” and recognises himself in the leaves! “I’m a little bit freaked out, but I’m made up…the public want me but lets not tell anyone as they think I’m crazy”
• Ash talks to Big Brother about the Power returning to the House and admits that he’s “intrigued…I love all this Power malarkey…” He goes on to ask Big Brother to reveal some more information, eventually conceding that “you’re not going to tell me anything, are you?”
• Following the tealeaf revelations, Zoe has a theory that the Power Housemate could be Pav because he also has “a strong prominent beard” A relieved Mark agrees and Ashleigh plays along with her best shocked expression
• Big Brother gathers the Housemates in the seating area and reveals that Steven is the first Housemate to face this week’s public eviction. Steven is adamant that “this is the public” and that the only thing he hopes for if he is voted out on Friday is that the public reaction is better for him. He goes on to say that he wishes his hair was longer and then tells a reassuring Mark, that “if it was normal nominations, I just know I wouldn’t be put up.”
• Ashleigh and Chris discuss their potential next ally, Mark. Chris remarks, “I think he is two faced – but, in the best possible way...his motive is not to hurt people...I think he could be a brilliant actor” They agree that it is a gamble but Ashleigh’s instinct on choosing Mark is pretty good, according to Chris.
• Steven tells Ash and Helen that he knew he would face eviction this week adding, “I’m very grateful to come this far...I would like to get to the final and have the whole experience...I hope that the public’s perception is going to change, but I don’t think it will because I think s*it sticks, but it is what it is”.
• Ashleigh and Mark discuss how they would cope with the Power and Mark says that he would be “the *****ing worst” adding, “Christopher would go to sh*t…Ash would cope with it too well…” When Mark returns from the bathroom, Ashleigh reveals that she and Chris have chosen him to join the Power Alliance, to which he excitedly responds “Oh my god, shut up really?” They go on to discuss who they could put up for eviction, predicting that it would “end up in a fight” if they nominated Ash. Mark also reveals, “I couldn’t choose Christopher as I’d look like a *****ing massive Judas”.
• Ash and Steven quiz Christopher on his relationship with Mark. Christopher says that he probably doesn’t fancy Mark but Ash says, “Oh come on Chris, you’ve told us every night that you do after a couple of drinks” Christopher explains that if he saw him out then he probably wouldn’t look at him, but is attracted to him now because of his personality. Steven asks Christopher the vibe that he is getting from Mark and Christopher confirms that he doesn’t know because Mark “doesn’t talk about these kinds of things”
• Mark goes to the Control Room to reveal who the Power Alliance has chosen to face the public eviction. He says, “I’m not ecstatic about it, I’m actually quite upset about it...really sadly, the person we’ve unfortunately had to nominate is Ash” adding, “I love the bones of Ash...It’s been really difficult, everyone on the board is my friend”.
• Later in the evening, Big Brother reveals that the next Housemate to face the public eviction is Ash. Before revealing this, Ashleigh whispers, “I think it’s me, I think it’s me”. When Ash’s name is called, Helen gasps, “Oh my God”. The Housemates all hug and Helen suggests that “this week will be the worst for the Power thing…I think a load of us are going up”. In the garden, Steven observes that Mark was acting “very shady”
• Ashleigh discusses the Power with Zoe and Mark who comments “Ash will be fine” and speculates that “Whoever’s up against Steven, is safe”
• Steven tells Ash that he thinks Helen is the Power Housemate and thinks “Helen’s been asked to choose people to save as a finalist position” Steven comments that she’s been acting weird all day long and Chris agrees that she has been different today. But Ash disagrees and says “No way... Helen was so gutted when I went up”. Steven concludes that it is a possibility, but Ash knows Helen best.
• Winston tells Big Brother that he has “a gut feeling” that Pav, the public or Mark could have the Power based on Pav’s reaction and Mark’s tealeaf reading. Steven also mentioned that Mark couldn’t look him in the eye.
• Mark tries to reassure Ash that he will not leave on Friday as he’s up against Steven. He tells Ash that his “ranking on the ladder in here has completely changed.” Ash responds that it is a-lose-lose situation. Ashleigh agrees that she thinks Steven is going on Friday. They go on to discuss how the Big Brother prize money would be “life changing” for them both and reminds Ash that “it is a massive game...and it is the last few weeks.”
• Steven and Ash discuss their nominations and Steven admits, “I want to be here for every single last moment but, at the same time, I do want to get out in the outside world”
• The Power Alliance discusses their nominations and all agree that they’ve grown close to Ash. Chris observes that they are “making the best of a bad scenario” and Ashleigh admits that she thinks Helen will “throttle her”, when she finds out she has the Power.
You can check out images from tonight's show in our gallery here