|Daily Update: Day 8
Shown: Tonight, Wednesday 9th August 9pm on Channel 5
More pictures from day 8 HERE
Headlines from tonight’s show include:
Sarah & Jemma's Heated Argument
Derek's Spooky Task
Karthik's Diary Room: "Mind Games And Paul Are Meant To Be Together, It’s Like Stink On Sh*T!"
Paul Almost Breaks: I Want A Drink
On BOTS tonight from 11pm on 5Star today's nominations will be revealed. The next live eviction will take place this Friday, 8.30pm on Channel 5.
On tonight’s Big Brother’s Bit On The Side with Rylan Clark-Neal at 11:00pm on 5Star, guests including Michelle Heaton, Fran Cosgrave & Marissa Jade.
Key highlights and quotes from tonight’s show:
· Marissa talks to Jordan in the garden about their friendship and she questions him about his feelings for her and why he wants to step back.
· Karthik goes to the diary room to talk about Paul and says: “I’ve made peace with life, and life in the Big Brother house, and if I can stay longer it’ll be wonderful.
With me it will be a bit different, we’ll see if I can withstand the mind games being played. Mind games and Paul are meant to be together, it’s like stink on sh*t. There is no stink without a sh*t and wherever there’s a sh*t, there’s a stinker around and he’s doing some stinky sh*t in the house right now. I’m sorry Big Brother, I know this is a crappy conversation, but I think we should make love not war.
I want to stay here, I want to stay long, I want to show that a person like me can stay here for long and this kind of attitude can survive in this mean bad world and you don’t have to be rude."
· Shaun tells Derek, Sam and Jordan in the living area that he likes his age. Shaun says: “I love being 50, I don’t want to get any older, but I love my age. You know you’re not missing anything if you don’t go out. At your age you think I’ve got to go out because I am missing out on something.” Sam agrees that he’s starting to feel like that at 25, and Shaun agrees that it’s liberating when you feel that way. Sam looks over at Derek and Shaun on the sofa opposite and says to Jordan “I honestly feel like I am looking at us in the future” and Jordan agrees and says “and I am happy”.
· Housemates are divided into the two bedrooms for today’s task for a tour of the unknown. Derek will take the Housemates on a spiritual tour of their bedrooms in order to find out which bedroom is the spookiest.
· Following the task, Derek is in the garden alone talking out loud. Derek says “I am who I am. Thank you, that means so much to me, I’m pleased with the outcome for them. Thankyou. I never forget this for the rest of my life, I’m going to share it with my family and my friends. This is one of a uniqueness for me as well. Thank you, a big shout out to you. I always loved you, you left a lovely, lovely mark on me. Thank you again.”
· In the kitchen, Jemma and Trisha are discussing who they like most in the house. Jemma states; “I don’t like him (Sam) more than you…” Trisha replies; “So you like me more than Sam?” Jemma says ‘yes’ and tells Sam; “I like Trisha more than you!” Trisha smiles and tells her; “Everyone loves you!”
· Paul, Derek and Jordan are talking in the garden about Trisha. Paul says: “She will be shocked if she goes. Because of all the millions of followers”. Jordan says “She says she has a huge UK following”. Paul says “online, not ******ing anywhere else. This is mainstream s**t, but then online is a big deal I suppose, but I wouldn’t want to go on the basis of online. Maybe I’m just old-school, I sign autographs.”
· Jemma is opening up to Brandi in the bathroom and gets emotional. She tells Brandi “I want them to be my friend, it’s constant just ‘go away, you’re not part of the crew, you’re not part of us, we prefer Trisha over you.”
· Helen is clearing the bedroom of bad energy and claps around the room while Shaun watches on and talks to her about spirits.
· Paul talks to Amelia in the garden about Chad and Sam liking her and she tells him she is flattered but couldn’t choose one of them over the other.
· Marissa is evicted by Emma live on the eviction show. Karthik is shocked that he wasn’t evicted. Karthik says in the diary room “The underdog is barking loud.”
· After Marissa’s eviction, the remaining housemates are reflecting
· In the smoking area, Paul comments to Jordan; “A whisky and coke would go down so well right now…” Jordan asks; “Do you want a sip?” Paul replies; “No point.”
· Paul continues; “I really want one of those beers as well!” Derek talks to Paul; “Listen, it’s a choice of the things you want and the things that will surprise you to get to what you want to do, or the opposite.” Paul agrees: “Yea alright, it is the opposite isn’t it, OK. Thanks, please keep telling me, please.” Derek nods; “I will.” – SEE CLIP
· After hearing boos from the crowd during the eviction, Chad is being consoled by Jemma and Trisha in the bedroom. Sarah tells him to get up and to ‘stop the pity party’. Sarah leaves the bedroom, Jemma states; “She’s so jealous right now. She’s jealous that we’re talking to you right now as you’re getting the female attention, trust me this is what girls do.”
· Sarah joins Derek, Jordan and Sam in the smoking area, she says; “Chad’s having a pity party with the girls right now as he’s upset. He cares what the people think. Me, him and Trisha are similar people and call ourselves the ‘in-betweeners’, cos we are in-between you lot and in the 30 something category and we’ve all lived alone and not used to being around people. For us three it’s probably been the hardest for us to adjust.” Sarah adds about Sam and Jordan; “We can’t always keep up with your energy all the time!”
· In the smoking area, Jordan is talking about Sarah to Jemma, Amelia and Sam; “She’s gone, we feel like the in-betweeners…she was using our high energy as a negative.” Jemma quips; “She’s a weird freak!”
· Jordan continues; “She said you’re secluding Chad and using our positivity as a negativity…” Derek adds; “When a person is like that, they can’t feed off your good energy, they want to bring it down to the level they’re feeling.” Sarah joins the group in the smoking area
· Jordan asks Sarah; “I’m confused about what you mean about me and Sam secluding you and Chad from the group?” She replies; “I feel like there’s three different groups of us, you guys have got loads of energy and there’s like us in the middle that haven’t been around loads of people…” Jemma adds; “You keep thinking you’re different to everyone else!” Jemma and Sarah begin to argue – SEE CLIP