|The Daily Star has reported that Michael Le Vell, who plays Kevin Webster in Coronation Street is in 'advanced talks' to appear in the next Celebrity Big Brother.
The 49-year-old actor was acquitted in a high-profile trial earlier this year, and has since been in rehab for drug and alcohol issues.
The paper said that Coronation Street's Bill Roache who plays Ken Barlow was also approached, but he turned it down.
Source quoted: "They wanted a double-whammy of Le Vell and Roach. Bill was their main target, but Le Vell is now a man transformed."
Other names rumoured by press sources so far include:
- Misfits star Lauren Socha,
- Kelly Brook’s fiance David McIntosh,
- Actor Gary Busey,
- Reality star Stephanie Pratt,
- Former vice-madam Natalie Rowe,
- Journalist Julie Burchill,
- Dierdre Kelly aka 'White Dee' from Benefits Street on Channel 4,
- Scarlett Moffatt, Steph and Dom Parker, and George Gilbey from Channel 4's Gogglebox.