|Article contains spoilers from tonight's (Monday 8th of September) highlights show.
Here are the details of what happened in the house yesterday...
· Audley and George discuss Lauren’s antics from last night. George maintains that Lauren isn’t “a bad girl” and he was only trying to help her. Audley observes that she only acts in that way when she drinks.
· Lauren talks to Dee by the pool and says she remembers it “kicking off” last night but doesn’t understand why. Lauren recalls George “having a go” at her but Dee questions whether Lauren had said “something horrible” to him. Lauren maintains that she gets things written about her all the time and that it wouldn’t be as harsh for George, as he is a man. Dee then suggests that “When you’ve had a drink; the more you try to explain yourself, the more you dig yourself a hole”
· In the garden, Audley is feeling philosophical and gives himself a pep talk saying, “Life is good. Life is wonderful. Life is what you make it.”
· Gary tells Edele that “the other house guests fear me winning” Edele agrees that he has “a good chance” of winning
· The Housemates start to nominate for the final time:
· Dee, James, George and Gary are in the kitchen. Gary is experiencing some discomfort with his long-standing knee injury. In an effort to re-arrange his leg brace he pulls down his trousers, exposing his naked bottom as he’s not wearing any underwear, and sits down on a chair. James is gobsmacked and when Dee sees what’s happening, she asks James to sort it out. Dee becomes increasingly annoyed but George, who is also in the kitchen, remarks “What can you do? I’m not a professional. I don’t know how to deal with that situation” Gary doesn’t appear to understand what’s wrong and explains that his knee was out so he had to fix it. James reasons, “I wear underpants. I don’t sit on chairs with my bare bottom. That’s not right, Gary. And there’s ladies in here who shouldn’t see your co*k and balls” Gary proceeds to tell James that “you exaggerate so much that a therapist would have a ball with you” Gary then turns to Dee and asks if she was offended and she says she was. Dee reasons, “I’ve never walked into a kitchen and seen someone with his trousers down…if I’d seen a pair of boxer shorts, I probably wouldn’t have been so shocked. I didn’t expect to come in the kitchen and see Gary Busey’s bits!”
· Big Brother calls Gary to the Diary Room to remind him about acceptable standards of behaviour in the House regarding his earlier nudity. Gary says that he apologised and explains that he was dealing with his knee condition, adding that it was “a very scary moment for me” Big Brother suggests that he should ask for assistance in the future.
· On the sofas, Edele asks Gary how he upset people. Gary explains that “Dee came in when I had my pants down putting on a knee pad” and that James got upset and wouldn’t let him talk. In the kitchen, James comments to Dee and George, “If you don’t know right from wrong, you shouldn’t be in this House”
· The Housemates continue to nominate:
· In the garden, James tells the other Housemates about his conversation with Big Brother and not being able to change his reasons for nominating. Dee says people shouldn’t take nominations personally at which point Gary laughs and states he doesn’t. Dee objects and says “You’ve taken them personally every time you’ve been nominated!” Gary tries to settle the argument saying “Time out...I don’t want to argue” but Dee is determined to prove her point. In doing so, she gets frustrated with Gary and shouts at Gary “Stop interrupting me” Gary tries, without luck, to respond and says, “This is a one sided hate affair that’s going nowhere”
· Later in the evening, James tells Lauren that he loves her despite their differences. Lauren says that she would love to see all the Housemates once she leaves, and hugs and kisses James, in a platonic fashion. After an awkward silence, Lauren observes that “there isn’t a bad person in this House”. James, impersonating Gary, says “I’ve been around the world 36 times and I’m telling you that from my heart”. Gary talks to James about his film career and puts his hand out to him to silence James when he interrupts. James gets annoyed and says, “Don’t do that Gary! I’m telling you now…The British Public will get you eventually, they’re not stupid...” Gary accepts this “with love and understanding” and turns to Dee and says that James is “projecting on to me the feelings he has about himself”
· Some of the housemates are making food in the kitchen. Gary approaches Dee and says he’s got good news – he’s not bitter. Dee tells Gary she never said that he was bitter and that it was James, but gets confused and corrects herself that actually Gary said it in the first place. Gary assures her he didn’t and he heard her say it and they start arguing. Dee starts to relay what Gary whispered to her earlier about James and Gary denies talking about him. Dee says “Gary, just leave it because I’m done now” Gary then goes to speak to James and says “To my heart and the truth of my brotherhood with you, I said nothing about you not having a heart or a soul or a mind”. Dee protests but Gary puts his hand to his mouth to silence her. Dee becomes irate and screams, “You’re the most ill mannered person I’ve met in my life, you’re sneaky and bitter and I hope to God James sees half of the stuff...Please do me a massive favour, stay away from me.” Gary tells Dee to “shut up” which causes more outrage as Dee says, “Don’t tell me to shut up you ignorant man. Learn some manners...Who do you think you are? You’re no better than anyone else in this House!” Gary then says to Dee, “Get out my way!” which infuriates her further. Dee is then called to the Diary Room while James talks to Gary and says, “Eventually the British public will see the way you are. We can’t all be wrong…”
· Big Brother calls Dee to the Diary Room to calm down. Dee is reeling and says, “I’m not here for this sh*t, I want to go home” she then asks to speak to her father before becoming emotional and crying.
· Ricci talks to Gary about his behaviour and says that people have been trying to help him in the House. Lauren interjects and tells Ricci not to be “aggressive” Ricci gets annoyed and walks away, leaving Lauren and Gary to talk. Gary says Ricci is “immature and no way to see other people’s feelings”
· Ricci is talking to James about what Lauren said to him and states “I’ve been there for you since day one Lauren. Stop *****ing talking sh*t.” Ricci explains he feels Lauren is making him “look bad” by calling him aggressive but James concludes it is because she has been drinking.
· Edele advises Gary to keep out of Dee’s way and not antagonise her. Meanwhile, Dee explains to Ricci that she wants to leave and questions whether she is in the House for the “right reasons” Ricci advises her to enjoy the rest of her stay in the House and “stop worrying about people who are not going to care about you in the outside world” Gary then comes into the garden but Edele suggests that he shouldn’t sit near Dee tonight. Gary notes that there is a full moon and suggests that it “explains about the energy on the earth tonight”.
· Gary tells Big Brother that Dee is “two faced” and doesn’t “care about the feelings of the person she’s talking to” He questions why people can’t just get along adding that “there are some wild currents in the House right now and I choose not to swim in it, or even put my boat in it.”
· Big Brother gathers the Housemates to reveal the results of today’s nominations. All the Housemates will face the public vote this Wednesday.
· James tells Big Brother that he “felt really sorry for Dee” after she “reached breaking point” with Gary. He goes on to say that Gary always thinks he’s right and “superior” to the rest of the Housemates.
· In the bedroom, Gary and Lauren discuss reaching the final and Gary says they are “like eight racing horses, nose to nose to the finish line”