|Article contains spoilers from tonight's (Monday 12th January) Highlights show.
Here are the details of what happened in the house yesterday...
· Today is the first shopping task and the Housemates must work as a team to raise money for Big Brother’s charity, Shopping Aid. The first fundraising mission is a cycle marathon. An exercise bike has been set up in the garden and the Housemates must take it in turns to cycle, for the duration of the task. Calum is the first Housemate to cycle. In the garden, Perez suggests that they should swap every five minutes, despite other Housemates disagreeing.
· In the garden, Michelle tells Katie that when she first saw her she thought “this is going to be bad” but was quick to realise that Katie “takes the pi*s out of everything” Katie jokes, “Alicia has got a ‘stop being so thick’ bomb coming her way!” but Michelle observes that some people can’t help it.
· In the Diary Room, Alicia tells Big Brother that she likes Katie but can see them falling out. She suggests that Katie feels “superior” to everyone and underestimates people around her, writing them off for not being on the same level. Discussing the other Housemates, Alicia observes that there are “a lot of egos” in the House. She says that she sees Perez grating on Katie, adding that he “deeply wants to be liked” and that it’s “very hard” to see the real Perez.
· Perez tells Nadia that he thinks Keith wants to win by playing a game. Nadia explains that Keith is “a national treasure” and that he would see him differently if he’d grown up with him.
· For the next part of today’s shopping task, singing sensations Alexander and Kavana must write a charity single, which they will perform later as part of a super group.
· In the living room, Calum talks to Patsy about his youth and reveals that he once turned down an opportunity to train with Portsmouth football club, in favour of modelling in Milan. The conversation moves on to his father and he admits that he didn’t teach him much about football, and that “a lot of the times he would kick a ball to me, it was set up for pictures” He goes on to talk about his father’s drinking, admitting his death never changed his opinion towards alcohol before adding, “for every great story, there’s a dark side that comes with it”
· In the kitchen, Patsy remarks that she loves Alexander and wants him to take her to Crenshaw. Perez explains that some people may find her comments offensive as it suggests that Alexander can take her “to the hood”, but Patsy maintains that her comments stem from an earlier conversation with Alexander and her love of hip-hop music.
· Following her conversation in the kitchen, Patsy comes to speak to Big Brother. She describes it as her “worst nightmare” and explains that “it would really break my heart” if people took her comments badly.
· In the garden, Michelle advises Perez that he needs to let other people get involved more and questions why he always has to be the centre of attention. Perez admits that he’s used to being in control and a lot of what he does “is out of fear” Katie suggests that he should listen when people tell him that he’s being a “tw*t”
· In the bedroom, a tearful Patsy talks to Alexander about her earlier conversation with Perez. Alexander reassures her that she hasn’t done anything wrong.
· Patsy describes her ideal Sunday with her family, while walking around the garden. Ken makes various comments from the side-lines, which annoy her. After one comment too many, Patsy turns to Ken and says, “I’m here, man! I train sometimes with a punch bag…you’re a di*k…I’m meditating. ***** off!”
· For the next part of today’s shopping task, the Housemates lay down the vocals to their charity single. In order to pass this part of the shopping task, at least 50% of viewers will have to like the music video online.
· As part of this week’s shopping task, Housemates will receive calls from a member of the public, asking them to do something for charity. The first call is for Michelle, who is asked to put on an item of clothing from every member of the House, in 60 seconds. Chaos ensues as the Housemates scramble to find items for Michelle to wear.
· Nadia steps in to ask Ken if he thinks he’s done anything wrong in the House and he suggests that they have been bought together for “psychological warfare” Ken then leaves the conversation to take over cycling from Alicia.
· Nadia follows Ken into the garden to continue her conversation with him. When pressed on his comments about looking at women’s arses in the House, Ken responds saying, “What is wrong with a man looking at the best looking arses in the world?” Nadia loses her cool and says that she wants to call the police to have him removed from the House.
· In the kitchen, Nadia is still reeling about Ken’s comments. She admits that in real life, she would walk away from him within seconds, but thought it right to hear his side of the story. Perez pipes in and says, “He’s not a man, he’s a pig!” In the garden, Keith notes that when you leave Ken alone, he just does his own thing and doesn’t cause anyone a problem.
· Perez speaks to Ken and says if he was him that he would “feel afraid” for his safety when he leaves the House. Perez is then called to the Diary Room and told that his comments could be perceived as threatening and potentially offensive.
· Big Brother gathers the Housemates to reveal the results of today’s shopping task. They are just short of the maximum on the totaliser. Kavana then reveals that 68% of viewers liked their charity single video, meaning they have passed the shopping task.
· Later that night, Perez asks Nadia what she would advise friends looking to join the show and she says, “Run! I had the time of my life but be prepared for it to be ten thousand times more stressful than you think you could have coped with” Perez says “It’s like Vegas… you can have the experience you expect or you can have a Ken”
· In the bedroom, Alexander advises Chloe that she needs to be careful about where she gets changed in the House, because she has exposed herself. He says he is looking out for her because he cares and looks at her like a daughter.