|Daily Update: Day 24
Shown: Tonight, Sunday 20th August 9pm on Channel 5
On tonight’s show: Christmas has come early to the Big Brother House but the festive cheer doesn’t last for long.
Tonight on Big Brother’s Bit On The Side on 5STAR at 10pm, singer Lydia Lucy, former BB Housemate Andy West and Dr Rains Singh joins host Rylan Clark-Neal in the BBBOTS studio.
Key highlights and quotes from tonight’s show:
· Housemate wake up to find the House covered in Christmas decorations and Santa in the Living Room. Merry Christmas Everyone plays into the House and some of the Housemates dance.
· Bear is in the Diary Room talking to Big Brother about his Christmas routine. He says that he buys presents for everyone, “for about two pounds each.” Renee also visits the Diary Room. Big Brother asks what was the best Christmas present she ever received. “When my father came home from jail,” she smiles. She says her worst present was finding out “my husband, now ex-husband was having an affair, and that the girl was pregnant.”
· For today’s task Big Brother has split the Housemates into two teams; Katie is the leader of Team Reindeer and will pull Santa’s sleigh with Samantha, Ricky and Bear. Frankie will lead Team Elf and will work in Santa’s workshop with Aubrey, Marnie and Renee. Each team must race to their station whenever their theme tune is played, then perform a dance until they hear a ‘Ho Ho Ho’ from Santa.
· Team Elf are practicing their routine in the ‘Work Shop.’ Bear is watching while making loud noises to distract them. The rest of Team Reindeer are in the Garden, Ricky tells them, “He’s getting in their heads…weapon of mass destruction.”
· Bear joins his fellow Reindeer in the Garden and asks if it would be “cheating” if he were to “grab one of the Elves as they run to their stool.”
· Elves Marnie and Frankie are in the Garden when their music starts to play. They run toward the House and Bear grabs Marnie playfully. They fall to the floor and Frankie grabs Bear and pins him.
· Renee is angry with Bear’s conduct and calls him a “******ing a******.” Bear and Frankie hug it out but Renee says she is done with forgiving and forgetting so quickly. Marnie tells Housemate that she wasn’t bothered by what Bear did, “I don’t really take it personally?
· Ricky and Renee are talking about Frankie. She says that she has exhausted herself defending Frankie and yet, he only gives Bear “a three minute time out.” She adds: “I don’t want anything to upset my immediate circle, that circle just got smaller.”
· Housemates are gathered in the Garden to take part in the next part of today’s Christmas Task. Members of each team must ride a large, bucking Christmas pudding; the team who stay on for the longest time overall will win this part of the task.
· For the next part of the Christmas Task, Housemates take part in a ‘Not So Boring Board Game,’ which has been set up in the Living Area. Members of Team Reindeer and Team Elf must each roll a large dice; if it lands on a red square, they will receive a Festive Challenge, if it lands on a green square, they will have to identify which Housemate is being talked about in a Tweet.
· As the festivities come to a close, Big Brother announces that each team has a present to open, nice for the winner, and booby prize for the losing team. Team Elf and Team Reindeer are stunned when the nomination related prizes are revealed via big boxes in the Garden.
· Katie has come to the Diary Room. She tells Big Brother that Frankie has been acting “really weird, distant, standoffish,” around her. Katie says that she is “turned off” by how hard Frankie is playing the game, “he has a solid game plan… he’s being two-faced about it.”
· Aubrey is in the Diary Room, talking to Big Brother about Christmas. She starts by saying that it’s nice to see Katie enjoying herself as “Katie barely comes out.” Aubrey says that she usually spends Christmas day helping out at a homeless shelter then returns home to her dogs. “I buy them about 20 presents and do their voices, its like Bridget Jones’ Diary but Aubrey’s Diary.” Big Brother asks Aubrey what she would like from Santa, “…my boy, my dogs… get some d**k.”
· Aubrey and Frankie are in the Bathroom talking about Katie. Aubrey thinks Katie has been acting “weird.” Frankie tells her that he believes Katie is “scared” of being nominated “so she’s working.” He adds, “I don’t think she wants to be judged again.”