Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2014, 06:22 AM #34
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

I don't see why so many people are getting caught up in semantics (who cares if it's an innate orientation or a perversion? Neither are voluntary).

I do think a lot of taboo sexual attractions are uh... bizarre, but not the monstrosities they're painted out to be. Incest, in particular - obviously the idea of getting jiggy with a relative grosses me out but given the huge variety of family upbringings and weird things that happen to relationships, I don't quite get why it's illegal for, essentially, two consenting adults (yes, emphasis on the consenting) to be together. I understand the genetic repercussions if there's procreation involved, but if it were, in effect, a childless relationship?

I do wonder how society attitudes will change in years to come now that a major alternative sexuality (the homos <3) has been given so much acceptance and equal legislation. I don't compare homosexuality with paedophilia in any other way than they're both involuntary sexual impulses, but I do think the hysteria with which everyone reacts to this subject is ridiculous and counter-productive. If anything, thrusting the words sick, criminal, psychopath at these people from the moment they're aware of their attractions just turns them onto the line of thought that goes "right, if I want to get my rocks off, I'm gonna have to break the law". Accepting you're already a criminal so you might as well, if you will. Therapy is clearly the way forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
19, interview, paedophile, year