Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 17-10-2020, 06:23 PM #1
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry

Default Your experiences with bullying?

Share your experiences with bullying here. Have you ever been bullied. Or seen someone go through it?

Do you think it stays with you for life or can you 'get over it'?

My experiences with it haven't been pleasant. Was bullied relentlessly at school because I was the tallest girl in the class. Even taller than a lot of the boys. I was 5ft 8 from the age of 12. Looking back there was probably some jealousy involved but because I'm a sensitive soul and reacted badly it just got worse. I hated secondary school. I've also experienced harassment in the workplace and bullying from an ex boyfriend. I don't believe it ever completely leaves you but it can shape you into a better person which I hope I am today. Xx

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Kate! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 06:26 PM #2
You know my methods

You know my methods

no, people knew i would go further than they would..
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 06:43 PM #3
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

I had no problem with it myself.
However, I helped a couple of lads I was at school with against them.

One of them have more or less erased as much as they can of the bullying.
The other still has confidence issues.

I detest bullies, anyone who thinks they're clever trying to make others lives hell, no matter what form they apply it in.

Odious creeps the lot of them.

I know it's even worse now as social media has increased.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 06:43 PM #4
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

What annoyed me too, was the people who should have dealt with it.
Took no notice of the lads bullied until I and another exposed the creeps.

Last edited by joeysteele; 17-10-2020 at 06:47 PM.
Old 17-10-2020, 07:09 PM #5
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

I was at school, not physically but I didn't exactly fit in , had one best friend so we kind of stuck with each other.
I was a bit of a yes person until my late 20s and an abusive relationship, drank a lot for confidence and courage, but that wasn't sustainable so had to kind of grow a pair... Read a lot about toxic relationships and how to recognise manipulation and deal with it. Admitting to myself that I was becoming what I hated most and that I was at times guilty of narcissistic emotional bullying the kids. That was really hard and since I stopped drinking 99% of that has stopped ( ok 95%) At work I've come up against a few characters that have been a challenge, but recognising the patterns of toxic behaviour is helpful in dealing with them effectively.

Last edited by Kizzy; 17-10-2020 at 08:21 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 07:18 PM #6
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

heavily bullied in my early high school years, mostly for my weight as I was chubby. I reacted very badly and tried to stand up for myself and once got hit by a boy a year above me, on the way home from school he slapped me in the back of the head and pushed me over a wall and kicked me while I was on the floor.

My mum got me into weight loss and around year 9 I started to lose weight and the bullying subsided. In year 11 I had lost a lot of weight and began struggling with it and became ill and when I was off school for a while due to that I then went back and got bullied for that too, the worst being someone writing anorexic and slag on our tutor display under a picture of me in the entrance hall. It took my mum ringing the school to get it removed too as my head of year ignored me for 3 days begging to have it removed.

I gained confidence hugely in college though thank god

Last edited by Amy Jade; 17-10-2020 at 07:20 PM.
Amy Jade is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 08:20 PM #7
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
heavily bullied in my early high school years, mostly for my weight as I was chubby. I reacted very badly and tried to stand up for myself and once got hit by a boy a year above me, on the way home from school he slapped me in the back of the head and pushed me over a wall and kicked me while I was on the floor.

My mum got me into weight loss and around year 9 I started to lose weight and the bullying subsided. In year 11 I had lost a lot of weight and began struggling with it and became ill and when I was off school for a while due to that I then went back and got bullied for that too, the worst being someone writing anorexic and slag on our tutor display under a picture of me in the entrance hall. It took my mum ringing the school to get it removed too as my head of year ignored me for 3 days begging to have it removed.

I gained confidence hugely in college though thank god
Wow Amy I'm so sorry to hear that... I really can't imagine that lasting the afternoon now! I'm so pleased that bullying is bring addressed much better in schools over the last couple of years.
Old 17-10-2020, 07:24 PM #8
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Really, thank you Kate, Kizzy and Amy Jade.
Powerful accounts of your nightmare experiences.

It's sad you have been through those awful things and times.
Old 17-10-2020, 07:29 PM #9
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

I've never been bullied, nor especially popular in school. Like I had friends and stuff, but I was always a bit "weird" lol and not overly fitting in. But I've never looked like an "easy victim" or anything like that.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 08:24 PM #10
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

I kept quiet about it for years, I felt like I deserved it because I was fat and ashamed. I should have spoken up so much sooner but I think at that age you think you can just deal with it
Old 17-10-2020, 09:23 PM #11

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Yep. All the chavvy lads in my year and other years used to bully me as I was into performing arts and they would slap me, bully me in PE, pinch my bum in the dinner queue and always call me gay, ironic really

But I dated 3 of the hottest girls in my year so I think a lot of it was jealousy. But the confidence between what I had in primary compared to how low it was in secondry was sad. I still get panicky when Im on the bus and a load of school kids get on
Old 17-10-2020, 09:29 PM #12
-

-

I've never been bullied but I saw plenty of it, somehow in my first couple of years of high school they managed to put about 4 or 5 of the roughest, worst, most aggressive and cruel kids in the year group into one class group (mine) so inevitably, there were another couple of kids in that class who got it quite badly. Not a huge amount of physical bullying but pretty relentless targeting "for humour". Occasionally groups of the rest of us would step in because the bullies would actually back down pretty quickly if challenged, but we were kids like 12/13/14 so to be honest for the most part we really did nothing about it, which is a regret in hindsight.

I know at least two from that class ended up with serious long term mental health problems, obviously no way to know if it's related but they were a mess by the end of school.

That said, one of the girls who was bullying ended up pregnant at 13 and left school, two of the guys ended up junkies, and another (....lol...) I have heard is doing several decades in prison for smuggling guns through Glasgow for Irish Nationalists. So I don't think they had the best of lives either .

It wasn't even a bad school!! Like I said they just somehow managed to place all of the absolute worst kids in one class for the first 2 years of high school.

One of them threw one of the others out of a window when the English teacher left the class . It was ground floor but still.

God I'm having flashbacks, I'd forgotten a lot of this stuff.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 17-10-2020 at 09:30 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 10:39 PM #13

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Nope.
I had a wicked mother that made sure I always fought back.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2020, 12:30 AM #14
Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora

Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora

I was teased a little in school for being gay and camp but nothing on the verge of bullying really, some things out of line and nasty but nothing I’d really call ‘bullying’.

I always gave as good as I got in most instances too, wish I still had the balls I had when I was younger

Last edited by Daniel-X; 18-10-2020 at 12:31 AM.
Daniel-X is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2020, 12:46 AM #15
Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

I am very fortunate to have never been bullied throughout my life. I guess growing up and being at school, I could fit in with pretty much every social group in a way. I was never the most 'popular' but was always included.

On the other hand, I can't say I've seen anyone been on the receiving end either. There's been occasions where people have been really nasty to a person and I've tried to step in (not all the time regrettably) but it's never been out and out bullying.

Last edited by Babayaro.; 18-10-2020 at 12:52 AM.
Babayaro. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2020, 04:56 AM #16
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...it’s really sad to see so many experiences of bullying......Amy especially, you were let down so much by the school who didn’t have that abuse removed immediately, just staggering that it took your mom to take action and contact them directly...the school should have been the ones contacting her to explain what had happened and that it would be dealt with severely, reassuring you and her of the action they would be taking for such abuse against you...I’m so, so sorry that a system let you down after all of those years of bullying behaviour toward you as well......

...I have a very low tolerance for bullying behaviour../...I’ve experienced so much of it with others because of my job and I know the damage it can do which is so far reaching...and can manifest in so many different ways into adulthood...and it’s no consolation or understanding at all to know that the person bullying is often extremely unhappy also and that there is a ‘need to take some kind of control over someone or something’....anyways, you’re all amazing people and I’m sad that you went through those times but you still all shine, despite those horrid experiences......

...I agree with Joey as well, that sadly... because of social media and the vein that ‘online’ can often take...bullying has expanded and stretched so much and from childhood into adulthood...and all too often...(...one time would be too often..)...it can lead to someone taking their own life...)...because there is no escape from, with ‘online’...and especially atm when online is how we’re all living our lives more, there is little choice in that...and obviously all of the ‘under stress’ ingredients are there as well to enable a specific behaviour to be quite prominent...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-10-2020, 01:29 PM #17
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...it’s really sad to see so many experiences of bullying......Amy especially, you were let down so much by the school who didn’t have that abuse removed immediately, just staggering that it took your mom to take action and contact them.
My school was pathetic, it's actually closed now and I think it's being demolished. They never took what happen to me seriously. One time I got my hair pulled so hard going down stairs I just sat down and started crying and I wouldn't move or go to next lesson because I was hurt and humiliated and I gave the name of the girl who did it and I was put in isolation for a week for my 'well being' rather than her being excluded.
Old 21-10-2020, 01:32 PM #18
TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul

Quote:
My school was pathetic, it's actually closed now and I think it's being demolished. They never took what happen to me seriously. One time I got my hair pulled so hard going down stairs I just sat down and started crying and I wouldn't move or go to next lesson because I was hurt and humiliated and I gave the name of the girl who did it and I was put in isolation for a week for my 'well being' rather than her being excluded.
aw sorry to hear that Amy

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.

Spoiler:

Israel we Love You
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-10-2020, 01:39 PM #19
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
It’s the way it works, schools care more for their image than the well being of their students, they can’t have their school known for having an issue with bullying
Quote:
...all schools are legally required to address bullying when any has been reported...the reports will always be investigated by teams outside of the school staff...sadly, that doesn’t mean to say that all school staff will effectively deal with any bullying...but they do have to be seen to be effectively doing so../...if that makes sense...they do have to provide evidence, plus involvement with parents etc...it would be difficult and wrong for me to comment on anything specifically other than that, that might have been considerations in a school I didn’t know...it all does sound so awful though and I do feel so much for you both and your experiences......

Last edited by Ammi; 21-10-2020 at 01:39 PM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2020, 09:26 AM #20
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

No never been bullied really, the closest I got was a woman I worked with as a teenager, she would try to bully most of us that she worked with though, she tried with me a couple of times but it didn't work out too well for her

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2020, 09:31 AM #21
another vice

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
another vice

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh

I've never been bullied. If you think this begins to happen, there are definitely ways of stopping it 99% of the time
caprimint is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2020, 11:47 AM #22
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprimint View Post
I've never been bullied. If you think this begins to happen, there are definitely ways of stopping it 99% of the time
If you think that it's very obvious you've never been bullied
Old 21-10-2020, 12:47 PM #23
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprimint View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
If you think that it's very obvious you've never been bullied
I think there are ways of stopping it effectively, sadly not everyone has access to those means though. To stop it without outside intervention you need to have a vicious streak of your own, which not everyone has. To stop it with intervention you need adults (teachers or parents) who will take it very seriously and attack the source head-on and persistently which, sadly, simply doesn't always happen. I think a sad reality is that in the first case - bullies pick their targets selectively and it's not the kids who can fight back either physically or nastily... and in the second, the places where bullying is at it's worst are in environments with disintersted asults who aren't paying attention in the first place, so are likely to find it "a hassle" when it's reported and half-arse the response or try to sweep it under the carpet.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2020, 12:09 PM #24
Abi :)

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Austin
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Abi :)

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Austin
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

I was bullied a fair bit in my early teens, just cause I was shy, introverted and 'different' from other people, and I had very low self-esteem. Going through a ton of personal stuff while being continuously teased by others for the way I came across certainly wasn't pleasant in my early teens, but I think it was definitely beneficial, since it was an experience to learn and grow from.
Old 21-10-2020, 11:03 AM #25
nope

nope

I was picked on a lot in primary most weeks, being shy really didn't help. In high school I wasn't much apart from the odd thing here and there but most people had that.
Natalie. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bullying, experiences