Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2022, 02:38 PM #1

Default Customer Service...

About 3 months ago I went to my Bank to pay in a cheque of a decent sum that was inheritance from my late uncle. The Bank Clerk looked at the cheque and her face lit up and she said "wow...thats a nice amount..are you going to treat yourself?"....I became very conscious of the fact the 2 people behind me in the queue were now aware I was paying in a cheque of some value and I felt that something very private had been shared with strangers. I found her comment unacceptable...but decided not to say anything.
Today I went in to pay in another cheque from HMRC...another nice amount and the same girl served me...she took the Cheque and then asked me "Did you know you had this coming or did it just drop onto your doormat????...WTF I told her I knew it was coming but she gave me no reason for her bizarre question...and I really should have asked. Instead I asked the lady at the Front Desk if I could have a quiet word with the Manager...she said she was the Manager. I told her of the interaction from the young lady from my previous encounter and now this one and that I found it very inappropriate. She defended her saying she is just trying to build a rapport... I said you build a Rapport by asking about the weather etc...but her comments were intrusive to the point of breaking confidentiality... The Manager said she saw no problem with her comments
So I took her name and just made a complaint to Head Office..

Do you think her comments were acceptable?...more so on the first occassion but even the second one, although harmless, was really none of her business.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
customer, service