Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 05-08-2022, 06:14 PM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
Yeah it was not very professional and think you are right to highlight it. It always gets me when they insist on counting any money you are withdrawing loudly too - like everyone in the queue knows exactly what you are withdrawing and what will be on your person as you are walking out.

When my mum passed, her and my dad had a fairly substantial amount of cash in the house which I made him put in the bank and the teller then said something similar to my dad - along the lines of "wow, that's a lot of cash, are you selling all your worldy goods lol" - again just a quip but upset my dad as in a way it was all my mum's wordly goods

Yes it’s all wrong….the training given is clearly really poor.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 10:38 PM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hijaxers View Post
Change banks Rustic , totally out of order, building a rapport !! since when have banks ever done that ~ oh when you pay a lot of money in.
Well it’s in the hands of Head office now who totally agreed with me…let’s see what they come back with…
Old 06-08-2022, 04:02 AM #28

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Yes that was another point...it was in relation to the death of a close relative.
It was very unprofessional.
You must have some strange bank clerks where you live, i've never known or heard of an employee blurting out someone's business for a queue of strangers to hear.

If it was a one to one meeting in their office , then that's a bit different but again still an odd thing to say especially if they know it's a bereavement? or did they not? .

Last edited by GoldHeart; 06-08-2022 at 04:02 AM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 07:10 AM #29
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
You must have some strange bank clerks where you live, i've never known or heard of an employee blurting out someone's business for a queue of strangers to hear.

If it was a one to one meeting in their office , then that's a bit different but again still an odd thing to say especially if they know it's a bereavement? or did they not? .

I don’t think it matters you don’t blurt out private business in a public place whatever the circumstances

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 12:17 PM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post

Well of course she didnt know it was money from a Bereavement...that doesnt mean she should telling everyone in the Bank its a sizeable cheque and she should not be asking me impertinent questions as to how I am going to spend it.
When you work in a Bank and have privy to Customers savings etc you are expected to be discreet under the Data protection Act...just like if you work in any place where you have access to private details. You should also be made aware in training that any monies paid in are sometimes obtained from unfortunate cicumstances so discretion and respect is of the utmost importance.
Old 06-08-2022, 12:24 PM #31
Sod orf

Sod orf

Nosey cow.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 08:14 PM #32
The other Shaun :)

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
CBB22: Ryan Thomas

The other Shaun :)

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
CBB22: Ryan Thomas

If I was in this position I would be a little annoyed tbh. When I was working at Sainsburys we would have to cash out peoples lottery winnings but if it was an amount more than £500 we weren’t able to cash them out, the person would have to go to a post office to collect the winnings.

This happened to me once when we were fairly busy, I put the ticket in the machine and it said the winnings exceeded the amount we were able to cash out. I walked over to the lady and told her to come over to the end till where there wasn’t many people around and then quietly told her the situation and what she needed to do and I instantly told her to sign the ticket on the back so that she was the only one who can claim the winnings.

For me it just seemed like common sense, I wouldn’t want to shout out in front of loads of people that she had potentially a big win because it’s not other peoples business to know that and I certainly wouldn’t be happy if that was done to me.

To me this situation with you Rusti is similar in my eyes and I’m surprised the bank clerk didn’t have the common sense to not say something like that so I would be annoyed about it 100%.

Dogeatdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 08:20 PM #33
Sod orf

Sod orf

Have you ever thought about donating to the Alf society Rusti?

We save little animals and starving children and we like holidays in St Tropez and Monte Carlo
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 08:28 PM #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Have you ever thought about donating to the Alf society Rusti?

We save little animals and starving children and we like holidays in St Tropez and Monte Carlo

….maybe when I win the Lottery Alf..
Old 06-08-2022, 08:35 PM #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogeatdog View Post
If I was in this position I would be a little annoyed tbh. When I was working at Sainsburys we would have to cash out peoples lottery winnings but if it was an amount more than £500 we weren’t able to cash them out, the person would have to go to a post office to collect the winnings.

This happened to me once when we were fairly busy, I put the ticket in the machine and it said the winnings exceeded the amount we were able to cash out. I walked over to the lady and told her to come over to the end till where there wasn’t many people around and then quietly told her the situation and what she needed to do and I instantly told her to sign the ticket on the back so that she was the only one who can claim the winnings.

For me it just seemed like common sense, I wouldn’t want to shout out in front of loads of people that she had potentially a big win because it’s not other peoples business to know that and I certainly wouldn’t be happy if that was done to me.

To me this situation with you Rusti is similar in my eyes and I’m surprised the bank clerk didn’t have the common sense to not say something like that so I would be annoyed about it 100%.

Yes Good you helped that lady
with over £500 win.
Sign the Ticket,
then go to a Big Post Office.

A Great help in that store
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 08:36 PM #36

Thank you all for your comments… sometimes when these things happen to you you do question if you have over reacted. However having worked in Customer Service all of my life I recognise poor behaviour. I guess I was a bit taken aback when the Manager defended her behaviour as being acceptable

Let’s only hope those that condone such behaviour get a taste of it in their lives and don’t overreact
Old 06-08-2022, 09:01 PM #37

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Well of course she didnt know it was money from a Bereavement...that doesnt mean she should telling everyone in the Bank its a sizeable cheque and she should not be asking me impertinent questions as to how I am going to spend it.
When you work in a Bank and have privy to Customers savings etc you are expected to be discreet under the Data protection Act...just like if you work in any place where you have access to private details. You should also be made aware in training that any monies paid in are sometimes obtained from unfortunate cicumstances so discretion and respect is of the utmost importance.

Like I said I've never heard this happen before, if anything I always thought bank clerks would be more discreet ... when it's huge amounts of money.

But no matter what the circumstance or the amount of money, it's unprofessional. I know I wouldn't be happy with this if it happened to me.
Old 06-08-2022, 09:30 PM #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Nah not acceptable given she's in an industry which will handle private and sensitive information, I think that's really unprofessional. Like in your case with the death of a relative, the circumstances of getting the money might be quite difficult and not something to celebrate and think about 'treating yourself' with. And yeah you don't know who's listening
Exactly.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
customer, service