Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2014, 02:25 PM #16

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
The Voice: Jermain Jackman

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
The Voice: Jermain Jackman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
You've just completely lost any hope of winning this debate with that response alone.

Kids playing violent games isn't an issue, everyone I knew growing up played Mortal Kombat, Duke Nukem, GTA and all sorts and it hasn't affected me or (as far as I know) anyone else I know because we all knew it was fiction and wasn't reflective on real life and that's the same for millions of people like me who were allowed to play violent games and such when they were kids. There's something fundamentally wrong with the psychopaths that commit these crimes and whether or not they played Call of Duty has nothing to do with it because they'd still have that psychological damage even if they never touhed a games console.
There's nothing to win.

An innocent woman was murdered.

Some people are allergic to pennicillin, some.

Some people can't eat gluten, some.

Just maybe some children may be sensitive or have underlying mental health problems/depression that hasn't been picked up and the catalyst for their violent outburst can be related to their violent games, not all children, some.

We don't know as parents what children we have been blessed with, that's why it's important as parents to do our best.

And your argument of violent games were ok for you, they may not be ok for others.

I can eat peanuts, but they could kill my daughter, genetically we are all different, and one rule does not apply for all.
rubymoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ann, boy, killer, maguire, murders, planned