Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2016, 11:22 PM #11
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Just finished. I'm so glad someone suggested this film

Spoiler:

Well, it was a John Hughes film so you can't really go wrong in that regard, and overall the film lived up to expectations and was very enjoyable. I loved Andie as a character and her relationships with most of the others (her dad, Duckie, Blane (who I found oddly attractive), Iona). I can't really say who my favourite person was but I really liked them all in different ways (except the assholes but obviously we weren't supposed to like them ). Iona was a really fun character, and I loved how quirky and cool she was. Duckie was adorable although I did find him a little weird at the beginning, but then when it was revealed that they were friends for 8 years so their relationship made a lot more sense to me, lmao.

The class-divide being an integral part of the film also came across very Romeo and Juliet, and I'm really pleased that Andie and Blane got a happy ending (). I understand why people would want Duckie and Andie together, but I love them as friends and only friends. Also, what types of people would you call the two sides? Like, is it preppy and alternative, or was there another name for these groups of people? I'm not as much into American sub-culture as I'd like to be.

I kind of wish the mean girls got more of a comeuppance, but oh well. I suppose the main douche's story arc came full circle so that's good enough for me. It was also quite strange that Andie's high-school friend just dissapeared after 30 minutes of the film.

I would give this film a 7, almost an 8. The costuming was a fantastic highlight, very cool and trendy especially on Andie and Iona's behalf (and Duckie at the prom ). I don't think this is as good as The Breakfast Club, but I can definitely see why this film is considered a classic. I definitely need to watch more John Hughes films as I haven't seen Sixteen Candles, St.Elmo's Fire or Weird Science. Actually, after looking up his films there's so many I haven't watch, and I didn't even know he produced Home Alone (I haven't really watched that either ).

Can't wait to see what next film wll be
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
classic, club, movie, tibb