Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-10-2017, 08:34 AM #1
User banned

User banned

Default Council faves Muslim boycott of school meals

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...halal-row.html

I support the ban. Britain is generally considered a nation of animal lovers, I know I am, and should not put aside its ideals to appease the religious views of minority groups. We should never bow down to such pressure.

There are always other options for those that don’t want to either eat any meat or eat meat that hasn’t been slaughtered in a certain way. To expect the nation as a whole to accept such cruelty when it generally goes against their own beliefs is unacceptable. Animals have rights too.

I know there will be the usual cries about killing any animals for food is wrong but at least we try to do so in a humane way. We should not abandon that to satisfy the few. I also abhor any sports that cause suffering to animals and would personally ban them so that argument is not applicable here.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
boycott, council, faves, meals, muslim, school