Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2019, 08:01 AM #11
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
You are tying yourself up in knots here.. if the big spenders don't want to bet online and the FOBT is capped where are they going to spend their money?

It may not help the economy but i hope it does, should bookies close and the temptation at every turn removed on the high St hopefully those who may have an issue will be able to resist the urge.

I'm aware high staking customers are not all customers, they are however those who are being aided by the regulation here. Again I think regulation is a good thing and store closures are a good thing. Yes theRe are some job losses but ultimately I'd say that's for for the greater good of aiding gambling addicts.
I think it helping the economy is sadly a stretch; a lot of the closures may well actively damage local economies is the sad reality and I'm honestly amazed that the government went ahead with capping the machines, as they are HEAVILY taxed (government has been profiting off of machines addicts quite nicely ).

The benefit to people with gambling addiction though is more than worth it. Especially given that, in my experience, the number of gamblers who have at least a low-level bona-fide addiction is MUCH higher than the industry would like people to believe.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
900, closed, coral, ladbrokes, shops