Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-05-2020, 12:01 PM   #376
bitontheslide
self-oscillating
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 22,309

Favourites:
BB19: Sian


Default

when everyone says **** the lock down and **** social distancing it will be because Boris hasn't acted on Cummings

Last edited by bitontheslide; 25-05-2020 at 12:01 PM.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 12:24 PM   #377
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 127,020

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
when everyone says **** the lock down and **** social distancing it will be because Boris hasn't acted on Cummings
And honestly what can they say about it? You can't stand up there telling everyone what they can and can't do and then turn around and do the opposite yourself, you lead by example. The "do as i say not as i do" kind of mentality will only breed resentment in people
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 25-05-2020 at 12:26 PM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 12:27 PM   #378
Toy Soldier
Suing Discord
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 21,586
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
when everyone says **** the lock down and **** social distancing it will be because Boris hasn't acted on Cummings
Tbf I still don't think this is true; people who are serious about it will keep doing it for as long as they feel necessary, people who are inclined to get bored of it and say "**** the lockdown" will do that when their patience runs out. I don't personally think that's linked to public figures or what anyone else is doing. They may use it as the excuse / justification, but they'd have done it anyway with a different reasoning.
__________________
___________________________________
Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves
And burn your fingers once again
___________________________________




Last edited by Toy Soldier; 25-05-2020 at 12:27 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 12:43 PM   #379
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 44,550
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Tbf I still don't think this is true; people who are serious about it will keep doing it for as long as they feel necessary, people who are inclined to get bored of it and say "**** the lockdown" will do that when their patience runs out. I don't personally think that's linked to public figures or what anyone else is doing. They may use it as the excuse / justification, but they'd have done it anyway with a different reasoning.
Agree with that as well, people are not visiting their vulnerable relatives that they care about because they know how contagious the virus is and how deadly it is, not particularly because Boris told them to, there is no magic wand and once lockdown is lifted they will have to continue to distance to protect them unfortunately, no matter what other people are doing we will have to risk assess our own lives unless a cure is found
__________________
So practice what you preach!
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 12:46 PM   #380
Liam-
Senior Member
 
Liam-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cardiff.
Posts: 18,868

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Deborah


Default

The government are removing posts from their website of the rules they set out that Dominic broke, to try and rewrite history and make him right, they keep rolling in the **** they’re producing
__________________
Liam- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 01:16 PM   #381
The Slim Reaper
Rule the place with jokes
 
The Slim Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: In MS Paint on your desktop
Posts: 4,866
Default

The co-prime minister will be giving a press conference later, which is in itself a ridiculous thing for an advisor to do, but it shows how much power he wields.
__________________


Spoiler:



Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I think he was one of the best members we ever had here. Funny, intelligent and frustrating and really very kind. I hope he comes back.
The Slim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 01:28 PM   #382
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 44,550
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
The co-prime minister will be giving a press conference later, which is in itself a ridiculous thing for an advisor to do, but it shows how much power he wields.
I think he should face the press, what time is this on.
__________________
So practice what you preach!
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 01:29 PM   #383
Liam-
Senior Member
 
Liam-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cardiff.
Posts: 18,868

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Deborah


Default

Can’t wait for the woe is me victim routine he’s going to play, either that or he’s gonna just tell us we’re all idiots for not doing what he did
__________________
Liam- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 01:29 PM   #384
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 44,550
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
The government are removing posts from their website of the rules they set out that Dominic broke, to try and rewrite history and make him right, they keep rolling in the **** theyíre producing
It will have been screenshot..and Grant Shapps read it out twice that I know of so there is no hiding :
__________________
So practice what you preach!
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 01:30 PM   #385
rusticgal
Senior Member
 
rusticgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
The co-prime minister will be giving a press conference later, which is in itself a ridiculous thing for an advisor to do, but it shows how much power he wields.

Letís see if he answers the questions and doesnít keep repeating himself and going off at tangents....
The people that are going to question him need to keep asking until he gives them an answer.
rusticgal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 01:33 PM   #386
Liam-
Senior Member
 
Liam-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cardiff.
Posts: 18,868

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Deborah


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Letís see if he answers the questions and doesnít keep repeating himself and going off at tangents....
The people that are going to question him need to keep asking until he gives them an answer.
They should ship Piers in
__________________
Liam- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 01:34 PM   #387
rusticgal
Senior Member
 
rusticgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
I think he should face the press, what time is this on.

No time confirmed yet..
rusticgal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 01:40 PM   #388
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 44,550
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
No time confirmed yet..
Cheers Rusti x
__________________
So practice what you preach!
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 01:42 PM   #389
rusticgal
Senior Member
 
rusticgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
They should ship Piers in


Well at least he presses for the answer to his question...I get so frustrated when someone asks a direct questions and doesnít press it when an answer isnít given.
rusticgal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 01:42 PM   #390
rusticgal
Senior Member
 
rusticgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Cheers Rusti x
rusticgal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 01:52 PM   #391
Toy Soldier
Suing Discord
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 21,586
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
The government are removing posts from their website of the rules they set out that Dominic broke, to try and rewrite history and make him right, they keep rolling in the **** theyíre producing
"Quick, delete it from the Internet!"

It'll just make it worse because people will have screenshots and will now do side-by-side images of them changing it which makes them look ridiculous.
__________________
___________________________________
Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves
And burn your fingers once again
___________________________________



Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 01:52 PM   #392
LeatherTrumpet
The Don
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 67,266


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
when everyone says **** the lock down and **** social distancing it will be because Boris hasn't acted on Cummings
What rubbish.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 01:53 PM   #393
parmnion
What!
 
parmnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ESSEX via scotland
Posts: 29,064

Favourites:
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie
BB4: Cameron


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Canít wait for the woe is me victim routine heís going to play, either that or heís gonna just tell us weíre all idiots for not doing what he did
He wont be wrong then
parmnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 01:56 PM   #394
Toy Soldier
Suing Discord
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 21,586
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
The co-prime minister will be giving a press conference later, which is in itself a ridiculous thing for an advisor to do, but it shows how much power he wields.
I actually think he might be potentially genuinely dangerous and I'm fascinated to see where the press sticking the boot into the hornet's nest goes with this one. The government, certainly, is desperate for them to drop it.

My prediction is that he's going absolutely nowhere even though it'll tank Boris' approval, and that is frankly bizarre.
__________________
___________________________________
Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves
And burn your fingers once again
___________________________________



Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 01:59 PM   #395
Liam-
Senior Member
 
Liam-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cardiff.
Posts: 18,868

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Deborah


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Well at least he presses for the answer to his question...I get so frustrated when someone asks a direct questions and doesn’t press it when an answer isn’t given.
Exactly, a situation like this calls for someone who won’t back down when being brushed off
__________________

Last edited by Liam-; 25-05-2020 at 02:04 PM.
Liam- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 02:03 PM   #396
Toy Soldier
Suing Discord
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 21,586
Blog Entries: 1


Default

How long until Boris starts thinking he's Trump and refuses to do press? Thankfully, while he does have his groupies, he just doesn't have the cult-like following that Trump has and it won't work.
__________________
___________________________________
Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves
And burn your fingers once again
___________________________________



Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 02:05 PM   #397
LeatherTrumpet
The Don
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 67,266


Default

I expect the forum to show him no mercy, like they did for Kinnocks son when he broke the lockdown or that other county Durham lab MP who went to a constituent birthday party...


LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 02:05 PM   #398
Liam-
Senior Member
 
Liam-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cardiff.
Posts: 18,868

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Deborah


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
How long until Boris starts thinking he's Trump and refuses to do press? Thankfully, while he does have his groupies, he just doesn't have the cult-like following that Trump has and it won't work.
I wouldnít be too sure about that
__________________
Liam- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 02:06 PM   #399
The Slim Reaper
Rule the place with jokes
 
The Slim Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: In MS Paint on your desktop
Posts: 4,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I actually think he might be potentially genuinely dangerous and I'm fascinated to see where the press sticking the boot into the hornet's nest goes with this one. The government, certainly, is desperate for them to drop it.

My prediction is that he's going absolutely nowhere even though it'll tank Boris' approval, and that is frankly bizarre.
The fact they're wheeling him out today after the Boris debacle yesterday shows how desperate he is to keep him in gov. I think they're desperate to ride it out. He'll come out and apologise today and try and play into the familial sympathies of middle England.

I was desperate/afraid/worried....

I understand why it's upset so many of you...

My family...

Cummings knows what's in the Russia report, and has been working with Russians to aid and benefit brexit/boris, so I'm not surprised Boris is desperate to stay on his good side.
He isn't a tory and has no loyalty, so I reckon he's prepared to show everyone where the bodes are buried if he has to.
__________________


Spoiler:



Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I think he was one of the best members we ever had here. Funny, intelligent and frustrating and really very kind. I hope he comes back.
The Slim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 02:07 PM   #400
The Slim Reaper
Rule the place with jokes
 
The Slim Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: In MS Paint on your desktop
Posts: 4,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
I expect the forum to show him no mercy, like they did for Kinnocks son when he broke the lockdown or that other county Durham lab MP who went to a constituent birthday party...


I expect you can back this up with the forum defending these people?
__________________


Spoiler:



Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I think he was one of the best members we ever had here. Funny, intelligent and frustrating and really very kind. I hope he comes back.
The Slim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
adviser, broke, cummings, Dominic, lockdown, parents, pmís, rules, symptoms, times, top, visited

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:29 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts