Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB13 Big Brother 13 started June 5th 2012 on Channel 5, and was won by Luke A. Discuss here.

Old 30-07-2012, 08:31 AM #26
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
They just called a random HM to the DR and it was him, no need to get on like that over it. However, I don't think he should of been allowed to compete or something since he picked them.
What are you on about, like I said I didn't realise they just asked one housemate to go to the Diary Room, it's not like I have anything against Adam, he's been one of my favourites in there all series
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 08:34 AM #27
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mockinator View Post
It was kind of like just before Lauren got evicted Conor and Caroline decided who won each task to lead to who got immune, and even worse they showed each other there cards before BB made them announce who they had nominated.
Eh I dunno about that, it was pretty easy to tell who won each task, the only one they did just have to use completely their own judgement was the dancing one which they actually awarded to the Ugly team, they were pretty fair with that

Last edited by MTVN; 30-07-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 30-07-2012, 10:12 AM #28
Very Large Member

Favourites (more):
BB17: Evelyn
BBCanada 4: Tim
Very Large Member

Favourites (more):
BB17: Evelyn
BBCanada 4: Tim

i believe that these 3 adam, deana and luke a will be the three to enter the white room
because they lasted the longest in the box task
ozzyshaggah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 10:15 AM #29
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB12: Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by armand.kay View Post
I think big brother called for a housemate and Adam answerd.
Yes this is what was said, it was random who chose ,as Adam went to diary room ,he chose
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 11:07 AM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
I'm sorry but the way they did that task was ridiculous. First off, why should Adam be the one who gets to decide who gets which prize, hardly fair especially when he's already had tasks before, and secondly it was completely obvious he would win because like he himself said in the Diary Room if someone said to you that if you stand on a box for 12 hours you'll get a 50" TV of course you're gonna do it, while all the others had to wrestle with the fact there's a good chance they'll get a crap prize he could just hang around for a few hours safe in the knowledge he'd get the one thing he wanted which just made the whole thing dumb.

They seemed to think that would be a really good twist having him decide the prizes when really it just made it a pointless contest

Edit - ok so I didnt realise it was random who went in there but I stand by my second point
Hate much?lol
fitz2k2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 11:27 AM #31
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
I am not so sure he would have known, after all didn't Becky last an hour on the exercise bike when many on here thought she wouldn't?

It was a good point The Mockinator made about the task where Conor and Caroline got to chose who won each task that helped lead to their immunity.

a HM was randomly called to the DR...just happened to be Adam.... so what if he knew what was in his box, I thought it made some though provoking TV...Adam is also mega competitive, so even if he didnt know what was in his box I think he would still be the last one standing...and Becky would still be the first to get off even if she knew what was in her box...because she has no stamina for anything.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 11:45 AM #32
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Oh I didn't realise it was just "one housemate come to the DR" but still my second point remains valid.. it just ruins the contest when one housemate knows he just has to last a few hours to get the one prize he really wants, especially when it's actually something pretty valuable like a 50" telly

Would have been better to have an ex housemate decide or something, or at least make it so they're all in the same boat not knowing what's in their box
They did it so they could create drama afterwards by telling everyone Adam chose the prizes, just BB helping to create some story lines really

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 30-07-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 12:08 PM #33
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz2k2 View Post
Hate much?lol
No.. Adams been one of my favourites all series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
They did it so they could create drama afterwards by telling everyone Adam chose the prizes, just BB helping to create some story lines really
Yeah but it's not a very good story because it made the actual task pretty much pointless by doing it and that was what took up a lot of last nights ep, they thought they were being clever by doing it but it'd have been better to have kept the task interesting, plus Asleigh was actually the only one who cared anyway
Old 30-07-2012, 12:14 PM #34
0_o

0_o

Quote:

Yeah but it's not a very good story because it made the actual task pretty much pointless by doing it and that was what took up a lot of last nights ep, they thought they were being clever by doing it but it'd have been better to have kept the task interesting, plus Asleigh was actually the only one who cared anyway
Ashleighs was the only really awful prize wasnt it?

It *could* have been good. If it had been better prizes + booby prizes (such as the bb12 prizes last year, sunday lunch with your mum v a bunch of bananas...or bar of chocolate in this case) but it just seems not much thought went into it at all.

I do agree though that whoever picked the prizes shouldnt have competed for them. But BB likes their drama. Just a shame they have no idea how to actually create it. Like yesterday with the confiseeions task, was the perfect oppurtunity to show some 'sins' on the plasma...but no. They passed them with the piddly confessions they gave
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 12:20 PM #35
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Ashleighs was the only really awful prize wasnt it?

It *could* have been good. If it had been better prizes + booby prizes (such as the bb12 prizes last year, sunday lunch with your mum v a bunch of bananas...or bar of chocolate in this case) but it just seems not much thought went into it at all.

I do agree though that whoever picked the prizes shouldnt have competed for them. But BB likes their drama. Just a shame they have no idea how to actually create it. Like yesterday with the confiseeions task, was the perfect oppurtunity to show some 'sins' on the plasma...but no. They passed them with the piddly confessions they gave
Probably the only bad prize but there were a couple of others that it wasn't really worth staying on there so long for like the coffee machine and the spa day

Yeah I agree not much thought went into it, felt like a bit if a lazy task
Old 30-07-2012, 12:21 PM #36
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
Let's be honest here!
Conor would have been far more selfish with the prize allocations as would any of the Insiders.
Actually, given the choices he made, i don't think anyone would have been fairer and actually made as well thought out decisions as Adam did in this task.
I think possibly Sara would have gone at it with the right attitude but due to her fuzzy brain and indecisiveness she would have taken bloody hours deciding and would have ended up messing it all by worrying about 'certain' housemates reactions to her choices.

So, all in all, i think the house was lucky that Adam was the first housemate to go to the diary room when they asked for someone.
Yeah he definitely would've been quite selfish, which is why it would've gone into meltdown lol
Old 30-07-2012, 12:40 PM #37
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:
BB12: Aaron
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:
BB12: Aaron

Oh come on.

Conor and Co. have gotten away with so much over the last few weeks - it was about time they gave someone else a chance to take control.

Besides, Adam wasn't chosen by BB specifically and I think he was pretty damn fair in choosing prizes for everyone. He certainly ensured that most got something that they would enjoy and appreciate (minus *******igh). You can bet your life if it had been one of the others then it wouldn't have gone as fairly as it did!
Marmalite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 12:45 PM #38

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary

I agree this was not one of BB's better tasks, I do think however, the task has to be seen in its entirety inasmuch as BB had planned all along to reveal to the other HM the prizes the "random HM" chose for the others. The advantage gained by picking the prizes was always going to be offset by the negative feelings the other HM would have once they found out.

I still think though that awarding large prizes to the HM (apart from the Winners Cheque/Fund) for standing on a box like this is outside of the true spirit of BB, and as such I think this was a poor choice by BB
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
adam, joke, task