Notices

CBB13 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB13) shown January 2014 was won by Jim Davidson.

Discuss here.

Old 18-01-2014, 07:46 PM #101
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Chipping is the strongest part of my game, it is putting that lets me down most the time, too many two putts on those tricky little five footers though I am only a very fair weather golfer
I will give you a tip and it works. Next time you go to putt, breath all the way out, loosen your grip and putt for a hole 12 inches past the one you are going for on the same break line, ie hit it harder.

You never hit a putt you stroke it. That's why its called a stroke 4 or stroke 4 index.

Another thing that amateurs do wrong is they take the head back too far. 5 footers are easy if you take the head back no further than 6 inches and play through the ball.

Also to help you not have to chip so often, if you cant make the shot 8 times out of 10 in your head, don't go for it, take a club less, choke down and relax through the impact zone.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 07:47 PM #102

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
But most of those are not married to someone famous & if Jim has actually admitted to hitting her (as well as her hitting him) why did she not press charges??
You'll have to ask her.

Fact is, a significant amount go unreported.

http://www.standingtogether.org.uk/f...Gov_survey.pdf
MrWong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 07:48 PM #103

Favourites:
CBB15: Perez Hilton

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWong View Post
What are you on about?

A poster asked if Jim had been convicted of a violent offence and i replied that he hadn't, he'd admitted to violence in his book.
Sorry Mr. Wong.. only the first part was in response to your comments about wife-beating. The rest was just a general comment on the various issues which have been raised in this thread by other posters. I should have put it into a new paragraph and made my meaning more clear.
Seraphim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 07:49 PM #104
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You'll have to ask her.

Are we talking about the same woman that got her brother to put a contract out on Jim after she didn't get enough money out of him and admitted herself to punching Jim when he made her mad.
Old 18-01-2014, 07:50 PM #105
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Quote:
You'll have to ask her.

Exactly, you cannot judge & neither can I
Old 18-01-2014, 08:05 PM #106
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
I will give you a tip and it works. Next time you go to putt, breath all the way out, loosen your grip and putt for a hole 12 inches past the one you are going for on the same break line, ie hit it harder.

You never hit a putt you stroke it. That's why its called a stroke 4 or stroke 4 index.

Another thing that amateurs do wrong is they take the head back too far. 5 footers are easy if you take the head back no further than 6 inches and play through the ball.

Also to help you not have to chip so often, if you cant make the shot 8 times out of 10 in your head, don't go for it, take a club less, choke down and relax through the impact zone.
Hmm interesting, thanks, will bear it in mind on my next round (which'll probably be in about 4 months)
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 08:08 PM #107

Favourites (more):
BB16: Marc
BB15: Chris

Favourites (more):
BB16: Marc
BB15: Chris

So now being a thief is more noble than defending a friend who has had money taken from him.

No one here is saying Jim is perfect and maybe the Linda fans on here would have dealt with the thieving git in a different way (sit him down and educate the thief that stealing is wrong then give him a hug and a warm bowl of soup) but he was sticking up for a close friend who was wronged.

Linda constantly attacks Jim in the house and yet it's Jim who is in the wrong, Jim dares to talk back at Luisa when she was in one of her self righteous rants and insults to older HM's and it's Jim in the wrong , Jim defends an old friend who had cash stolen from him (not to meantion charity money stolen) and somehow it's Jim in the wrong.

Linda/Luisa fans on here have a strange sense of right and wrong I must say.
Videostar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 08:12 PM #108

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Are we talking about the same woman that got her brother to put a contract out on Jim after she didn't get enough money out of him and admitted herself to punching Jim when he made her mad.
Not quite son..

Quote:
The TV boss who married Jim Davidson’s ex-wife Alison Holloway has sensationally admitted taking out a contract on the top comic’s life. Burt Kearns met hitmen after being enraged by Davidson’s account of his 18-month marriage to the sexy newsgirl. The American executive claimed the 45-year-old Generation Game host had tried to make excuses for beating up Alison by claiming she was equally to blame. Kearns stormed: “I hired some guys to break his ****ing knees.” He added: “I was going to kill him.”
Naughty naughty. That's how rumours start

Where did you get that it was Alison that took out the contract?
Old 18-01-2014, 08:31 PM #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Walking away and ignoring anger is not the best way to deal with it as the anger becomes bottled up. Sooner or later the person will explode, do something inappropriate or once again turn to drink or drugs to cope with destructive emotions.
Twaddle. Waling away is a crucial step in anger management and the thing people with anger management difficulties struggle with the most. Having an alternative outlet for your emotion is also crucial, and Jim seems able to offfload his frustration amongst his peers, which is healthy. Humour is also a mature defence mechanism and he uses this a great deal. If he stood around screaming you'd have said he should have walked away, when he walks away you state walking away is wrong. Gott in Himmel!
optimisticcynic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 08:32 PM #110
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Not quite son..

Naughty naughty. That's how rumours start

Where did you get that it was Alison that took out the contract?
First of all stop baiting me by calling me son, I am twice your age. Secondly I worded it wrong, it was her that chose her brother or whatever, she was in the middle of it.

The end result is the same so stop deflecting and trying to patronise everyone that posts against you. Please do me a favour and refrain from insulting me, you have enough of my scalps on your belt.
Old 18-01-2014, 08:34 PM #111
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
Is there a legal precedence for this yet? If not, then nothing is certain. In France, the legality is that people in reality TV shows are employees
This isn't France. I have some experience with this area of the law and I am 99% certain that CBB contracts would be contacts for services rather than contracts of service.

If they are employees, BB would normally have to deduct income tax and national insurance contributions from whatever is paid to contestants. I think we can be reasonably confident that they don't!
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 08:37 PM #112

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
First of all stop baiting me by calling me son, I am twice your age. Secondly I worded it wrong, it was her that chose her brother or whatever, she was in the middle of it.

The end result is the same so stop deflecting and trying to patronise everyone that posts against you. Please do me a favour and refrain from insulting me, you have enough of my scalps on your belt.
So nothing about Alison taking out the contact then. Thought as much.
Old 18-01-2014, 08:40 PM #113
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
So nothing about Alison taking out the contact then. Thought as much.
Night night folks, the forum is loosing its fun with baiters like this constasntly sitting there pissing everyone off. I cant afford anymore infractions, maybe see you all next week.
Old 18-01-2014, 09:08 PM #114

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard View Post
This isn't France. I have some experience with this area of the law and I am 99% certain that CBB contracts would be contacts for services rather than contracts of service.

If they are employees, BB would normally have to deduct income tax and national insurance contributions from whatever is paid to contestants. I think we can be reasonably confident that they don't!
I understand how our tax & nat. ins / tax/self-esystem works. I was, however, wondering if the working conditions of reality TV participants has been established in court, via a legal precedent. I gave the example of France as a country in which this has now happened. They have a similar system to ours, but the legal precedent has been established that reality TV participants' conditions of work should be the same as any employee.

Last edited by Seraphim; 18-01-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Old 18-01-2014, 09:10 PM #115
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I have never seen him asking her quietly when they were alone and not having a spat, but it's possible I missed it. If that happened then could you tell me the details?
He has never asked when they were alone not having a spat.
They seem to be rarely ever alone but he has asked at least 3 times where I have seen.
He asked if they could talk and she refused quite early wehshe indicated they didn't get on, again on the night in question when it was kicking off he asked if she would talk to him.

Then on the morning he apologised, he said when she was ready,then apologised but she never went to talk to him on their own.He ended that moment with the statement that he wished he knew why she hated him so much.

She has never said she was willing to talk to him on any issue related to their apparant dislike of each other.He has made approaches and been knocked back everytime.
She will only engage in conversation when she is surrounded with the other women which with them butting in would make it even more unlikely that they would ever reach any compromise or understanding.

After all these issues have bene there from the start and maybe when they were handcuffed was the time they may have got somewhere but during all that time,she was never expressing this hatred she has for him then.
In fact in the diary room chat she had only the other night she admitted that when they were cuffed together, he was really good with her and looked after her.

I think now it is way too late to sort anything out, she has said far too much against him to the others now and really all he has said is that he doesn;t know why she really hates him as much as she proclaims to.
As I say, he has indicated and asked at elast 3 times to talk to her about things alone, she has rejected every one of such approaches.

Even on the spaceship task, after she had got huffy over some cushions and had him pulled up by the others along with herself for upsetting her.
Jim asked to talk to her then, she never did.
In the spaceship, he then asked Luisa if she could possibly find out what he was supposed to have done to upset her after he clearly felt then Linda would not have it out alone,preferring to have her audience' so to speak.

Why he even bothers is beyond me but equally so, why when he is talking to others I cannot get why she jumps in on anything he says.
Such as his question to Luisa the other night that started this off.
Linda waded in getting at him for asking such a question, it was not a nasty question, it was a pesonal one.
However if anyone should have expresed offence at it, it was Luisa who was the one asked the question by him but until Linda waded in, Luisa was quite happy engaging in answering it and discussing her time with her child with Jim too.

She will never talk to him alone I doubt, I myself,rightly or wrongly,believe she has an agenda to really make him blow hits top and look extremely bad in the house.
My hope is he does what he has done these last 2 weeks and not give her that satisfaction.

Last edited by joeysteele; 18-01-2014 at 09:33 PM.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 09:26 PM #116

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimisticcynic View Post
Twaddle. Walking away is a crucial step in anger management and the thing people with anger management difficulties struggle with the most. Having an alternative outlet for your emotion is also crucial, and Jim seems able to offfload his frustration amongst his peers, which is healthy. Humour is also a mature defence mechanism and he uses this a great deal. If he stood around screaming you'd have said he should have walked away, when he walks away you state walking away is wrong. Gott in Himmel!
Great post.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
beat, carson, davidson, frank, husband’, jim, linda, nolan’s, ‘threatened