Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 14-06-2015, 02:19 PM #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
Jack is just a sheep that just jumps on the bandwagon all the time. I have no sympathy for him.

Bang On Right
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2015, 02:21 PM #52

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
The Voice: Jermain Jackman

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
The Voice: Jermain Jackman

I quite like Jack, he's quite amusing to watch, he brings more entertainment than some of the others in there.
rubymoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2015, 03:22 PM #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
I am too and it's because he's fat

He was disliked going in because everyone rightly assumed he was going to be the Mr Nice Guy series bore, but now that he's had multiplied random aggressive breakdowns which are hilarious, he's still criticised as being this awful housemate when people like Cristian, Danny and Chloe exist. Definitely because of his appearance
His appearance is due to his greed and laziness. Why can't I judge him on that?
ThriceShy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2015, 03:23 PM #54

Favourites:
BB10: Marcus

Favourites:
BB10: Marcus

Don't worry, Helen picking on him for a few days will have him back in favour with the public
JayBlaze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2015, 03:26 PM #55

Quote:
I am disturbed by the amount of negativity towards .....insert fave here
been there.
wendywillow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2015, 03:32 PM #56
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrain View Post
Yes he has a quick temper, yes he makes some wrong choices, yes he really wants a cooked English breakfast but he is no Marc or Helen.

Jack is a young guy who has life lessons to learn but I don't see a bad egg. Look at how he handled the car manipulation. He said no because he knew it was right thing to do.

He does make mistakes granted but compared with Helen or Marc it's a different level. Those are the vile and ugly, the skid marks of a ego centric society based on vain self gratification.

I say moderate your venom to the real dregs in the house and be a bit less antagonist towards Jack.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2015, 03:41 PM #57

Favourites (more):
CBB 12: Courtney Stodden
BB14: Hazel

Favourites (more):
CBB 12: Courtney Stodden
BB14: Hazel

He's getting as much as hate as anyone else who people dont like in the last 15 years of big brother.
Old 14-06-2015, 03:43 PM #58

come on though, lets be honest here. a fat person getting that excited/annoyed about losing/winning a fried breakfast is quite funny

i don't have many thoughts on Jack tbh. he's kind of in the 'meh' category.
cookiemonster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2015, 03:59 PM #59
Big Brother Addict

Favourites (more):
BBUSA18: Paul
BB17: Jason
Big Brother Addict

Favourites (more):
BBUSA18: Paul
BB17: Jason

Jack seems ok to me hes done nothing wrong that I can see.
Razor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2015, 04:04 PM #60
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriceShy View Post
His appearance is due to his greed and laziness. Why can't I judge him on that?
Because his appearance is irrelevant to what he's doing in the house and pretty much anything else. It's just unnecessary to bring someone's appearance into a discussion and it also just highlights how insecure and pathetic the person doing it is.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2015, 04:16 PM #61

Quote:
Because his appearance is irrelevant to what he's doing in the house and pretty much anything else. It's just unnecessary to bring someone's appearance into a discussion and it also just highlights how insecure and pathetic the person doing it is.

Please stick to discussing the housemates rather than other members.

Jack is fat. I don't think anyone is claiming he got that way due to his glands. So we know he eats too much and doesn't exercise. Indeed, we see him sat all day in his dressing gown and we see him irate when they lose a food task.

It is part of who he is and I can judge him on it. And you can call me all the names under the sun for doing so and it won't make a jot of difference, except reflect badly on you.
Old 14-06-2015, 04:41 PM #62
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Please stick to discussing the housemates rather than other members.

Jack is fat. I don't think anyone is claiming he got that way due to his glands. So we know he eats too much and doesn't exercise. Indeed, we see him sat all day in his dressing gown and we see him irate when they lose a food task.

It is part of who he is and I can judge him on it. And you can call me all the names under the sun for doing so and it won't make a jot of difference, except reflect badly on you.
I never mentioned others members. I was stating a hypothetical scenario which applies to anyone who brings appearance into a discussion or argument, be it someone on social media, in real life, regarding Big Brother, regarding a work dispute, wherever, whatever. Who made you a mod though hun?

I never said Jack isn't fat, but him being fat bears no relevance to how good of a housemate he is, or to his actions inside the house.

Everyone knows that those who insult other's appearances are insecure, so I'm afraid it won't reflect badly on me since I'm condemning such criticism, but instead on the people who are making the comments in the first place. Insulting someone's appearance is never acceptable, it applies to Jack being called fat, it applies to people insulting Ashleigh's acne last year, it applies to people attacking Helen's nose, lips and botox, the list goes on. It's unnecessary, irrelevant, nasty, pathetic and shows people up. That is a fact.
Old 14-06-2015, 04:45 PM #63
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

To me, he's the second or third least likeable but I get your point. People act as if he's hitler in a body suit
Old 14-06-2015, 04:51 PM #64

Quote:
I never mentioned others members. I was stating a hypothetical scenario which applies to anyone who brings appearance into a discussion or argument, be it someone on social media, in real life, regarding Big Brother, regarding a work dispute, wherever, whatever. Who made you a mod though hun?

I never said Jack isn't fat, but him being fat bears no relevance to how good of a housemate he is, or to his actions inside the house.

Everyone knows that those who insult other's appearances are insecure, so I'm afraid it won't reflect badly on me since I'm condemning such criticism, but instead on the people who are making the comments in the first place. Insulting someone's appearance is never acceptable, it applies to Jack being called fat, it applies to people insulting Ashleigh's acne last year, it applies to people attacking Helen's nose, lips and botox, the list goes on. It's unnecessary, irrelevant, nasty, pathetic and shows people up. That is a fact.

If we were talking about someone being short or tall or ginger etc then you might have a point.

But we are talking about something self inflicted due to an addiction. Jack has a food addiction alongside his gambling addiction. Why can't I judge him on those things?

I certainly didn't attack Ashleigh's acne as I know that is out of her control but there is nothing wrong with judging someone who has had plastic surgery. It tells you something about them.

And you were indeed trying to personally insult me by suggesting I was insecure etc. If you continue then I will report your posts.
Old 14-06-2015, 05:02 PM #65
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
If we were talking about someone being short or tall or ginger etc then you might have a point.

But we are talking about something self inflicted due to an addiction. Jack has a food addiction alongside his gambling addiction. Why can't I judge him on those things?
Because he isn't gambling in the house and once again, him being fat bears no relevance to how good of a housemate he is. His actions and what he contributes to the show determines that, not the way he looks or how big he is. If this were a health show or one about losing weight, then by all means discuss how fat people are, but it's a reality show, and it isn't relevant. What contestants on reality shows look like isn't relevant. At all. What they do is. Fact.

Quote:
I certainly didn't attack Ashleigh's acne as I know that is out of her control but there is nothing wrong with judging someone who has had plastic surgery. It tells you something about them.
Yes, it tells you that they're insecure, probably had their appearance mocked and thus convinced themselves they needed to do something about it. And then people still insult them, making the problem worse. Funny that, isn't it?

Quote:
And you were indeed trying to personally insult me by suggesting I was insecure etc. If you continue then I will report your posts.
People who mock other's appearances are insecure, it is a well known and established fact, not an opinion or an insult. You haven't actually mocked Jack's appearance yet so I haven't done anything of the sort, but hey...if the shoe fits.

Oh no! Don't report some text on a Big Brother forum on a screen in front of me to some people I'll never meet! How scary! I'm so frightened
Old 14-06-2015, 05:08 PM #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrain View Post
Yes he has a quick temper, yes he makes some wrong choices, yes he really wants a cooked English breakfast but he is no Marc or Helen.

Jack is a young guy who has life lessons to learn but I don't see a bad egg. Look at how he handled the car manipulation. He said no because he knew it was right thing to do.

He does make mistakes granted but compared with Helen or Marc it's a different level. Those are the vile and ugly, the skid marks of a ego centric society based on vain self gratification.

I say moderate your venom to the real dregs in the house and be a bit less antagonist towards Jack.
I totally agree 100%
sosadbbend is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
amount, disturbed, jack, negativity