Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 01-09-2015, 09:43 PM #1

Default Nursery nurse who branded children in her care 'w*****s' and 'a*******s' on Facebook

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...ildren-6363602

Quote:
A NURSERY nurse who branded children in her care “ w*****s” and “a*******s” on Facebook has been suspended from her job.

Early years worker Hayley Neeson, 18, took to Facebook to complain about the youngsters - claiming she had been bitten, spat on and headbutted by three-year-olds.

Neeson, a trainee at Forgewood Nursery Centre in Motherwell, said she was ten minutes into her first shift after the summer break when she was faced with a barrage of bad behaviour.

She then took to Facebook on Monday night to vent her anger.

Her first post said: “ First day back at work. Been in the room for at least 10 minutes and already been bitten, spat on, head butted and told to ******* off. Lovely manners of three year old children, bunch ae w******.”

Her post was liked by 16 friends, with one pal telling her “Forgie weans for you” and she responded with: “ Aye... a********,” alongside the emoji of a fist.

But within hours of the posts appearing, outraged parents flooded the North Lanarkshire Council-run nursery with complaints.

Now Neeson, from Airdrie, has been suspended while the local authority investigates.

One angry mum who complained about the post said: “I was lying in bed on Monday night with my little boy when I saw her post and was absolutely disgusted.

“People on her Facebook were outraged as soon as it went up and putting up comments saying they wouldn’t like their children to be at her nursery.

“They are only kids, and for a nursery nurse to be putting things like that up it’s unbelievable.

“Parents of these children pay professionals to look after their wee ones when they have to go to work and this is the person that they are trusting with their kids?

“As soon as the outrage online gathered pace she quickly deleted the comment, but people had already taken a screen shot and shared it.

“I contacted the council via email and the nursery.

“Her attitude is absolutely disgusting and she deserves to be sacked.”

Another concerned mum, who asked not to be named said: “I was so shocked when I saw her post, I couldn’t believe this was someone who worked with young children.

“I felt so strongly I called the nursery to complain.

“The person I spoke to told me that they had received 27 complaints and that Hayley had been suspended.

“I think she should have been sacked for talking about people’s children like that.

“She is supposed to be a professional and is paid to care for the children.”

Last night a Council source confirmed Neeson had been suspended and a full investigation is under way.

A spokesman for North Lanarkshire Council said: “We do not comment on individual personnel matters.”

When approached by The Record, Neeson refused to comment
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:46 PM #2
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Keep it offline the idiot
Old 01-09-2015, 09:46 PM #3

Okay bye at this nurse... but why is a three year old child telling her to ******* off?
Ashley. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:48 PM #4
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

She's horrific but wow at a 3 year old telling her to f off
Old 01-09-2015, 09:51 PM #5

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

She didn't lie about how kids can be horrible little brats, but obviously she shouldn't be in that career if she can't handle it
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:53 PM #6
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

She deserves to be sacked, someone like that shouldn't be working with kids. Anyone who calls a toddler a wanker or an asshole on a social media site is really in the wrong job

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:18 PM #7
jackc1806

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi
jackc1806

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Anyone who calls a toddler a wanker or an asshole on a social media site is really in the wrong job
Old 03-09-2015, 05:37 AM #8
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
She deserves to be sacked, someone like that shouldn't be working with kids. Anyone who calls a toddler a wanker or an asshole on a social media site is really in the wrong job
..or even if she didn't say it on social media, just having that thought process would say to me that she's in the wrong job...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:48 AM #9

she didn't do anything wrong. she puts up with little brats all day, and she needs a place to vent. give this woman a break.

All parents and teachers and anyone who has to deal with kids including nurses feels this way sometimes.

Did she actually hurt a child? did she abuse a child? Did she actually do any harm to anyone?

NO she didn't. so give her a freaking break.

anyone who's ever had to deal with kids for long time and didn't think they were little assholes at some point are the people i would be suspicious off. because kids are annoying.

Last edited by lostalex; 03-09-2015 at 05:51 AM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:54 AM #10
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...most childcare nurseries/schools etc have policies about social media sites though so completely the wrong place to vent and will probably get her sacked...
Old 03-09-2015, 07:03 AM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...most childcare nurseries/schools etc have policies about social media sites though so completely the wrong place to vent and will probably get her sacked...
she probably will get sacked. but people need to stop acting like the internet is real life. no one should have to answer for how they behave on the internet. It's just writing. like writing in a journal or writing a novel. It's not real.

Last edited by lostalex; 03-09-2015 at 07:04 AM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:17 AM #12
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

I can totally understand where she's coming from, having being spat on and punched yesterday at a nursery, but christ, I'm not thick enough to put that on facebook... LOL

The worst I'd call them is little ****s, not anything else. What she called them, esp on social media was unreasonable
Old 03-09-2015, 07:44 AM #13
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I'm sure that a parent knows when their child has difficulties in communicating/frustrations/struggles etc and that they can be challenging..(most of them do..)..and struggle with it every day themselves ...what they don't need is feeling that their child may be prejudiced against for things they can't help and not be given a chance or help that they need etc through nursery and school years...so uggghhh Facebook and stuff like that, so much problems it's caused in our school between parents which is not helping the children at all and such a negative aspect to it....children need help in communication and not criticism for 'the only way they know how to..'...
Old 03-09-2015, 08:00 AM #14
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Urgh, I ****ing hate kids, especially horrid little bratty ones that do stuff like spit and swear. I totally get her frustrations, we all get frustrated with our jobs/clients/cuntomers from time to time (does not mean we are in the wrong job), but she should have not posted them online.

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:11 AM #15

I couldn't help noticing her surname; 'Neeson' --

"I WILL 'care' for your children, and I WILL slag them off on Social Media sites".

Last edited by kirklancaster; 03-09-2015 at 08:12 AM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:36 AM #16
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Urgh, I ****ing hate kids, especially horrid little bratty ones that do stuff like spit and swear. I totally get her frustrations, we all get frustrated with our jobs/clients/cuntomers from time to time (does not mean we are in the wrong job), but she should have not posted them online.
I think if you want to work with kids you have to really love kids and have buckets of patience. Yeah they can drive you up the wall sometimes but to call them those kind of names and to be that stupid/immature to post them for all to see on a social media site suggests to me that she's in the wrong job. I think it's different when you're working in a job that involves looking after the most vulnerable members of society like kids, the elderly or disabled people. You have to be a certain type of person and she most definitely is not imo and I wouldn't let her anywhere near my kids... though tbf I never in my life let my children in a creche or had a stranger as a child minder anyway (thankfully I had the option of having family members watch them when I needed it)

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 03-09-2015, 09:50 AM #17

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
The Voice: Jermain Jackman

Favourites (more):

You can get some mature 18 year olds and immature 18 year olds, she seems immature. I was gaining a qualification in Children and Young Peoples Workforce, i'm 40, i've had my children (they're 14 now) and i consider myself to be a good parent, however for someone like me to try to break into child care has become impossible, nurseries are full of apprentices, on the lowest wage, some of the nurseries i've volunteered at depend almost entirely on apprentices, and when these apprentices are 16+ years old they have no previous knowledge or experience looking after little ones. Children are challenging, full of energy, have a thirst for learning and knowledge, there's more children than ever being diagnosed with additional needs, and i do question whether i would be happy to leave my baby with a 16+ year old, and now the government have bought in the fact that you need GCSE's grade A-C in maths and English, surely lifeskills and knowledge and a positive fun attitude are more important when working with children.

I didn't need any grades to have my children!

I feel sorry for the girl, she was reckless and stupid, but then she's only 18 and will learn from this experience.

Last edited by rubymoo; 03-09-2015 at 09:52 AM.
rubymoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:57 AM #18
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubymoo View Post
You can get some mature 18 year olds and immature 18 year olds, she seems immature. I was gaining a qualification in Children and Young Peoples Workforce, i'm 40, i've had my children (they're 14 now) and i consider myself to be a good parent, however for someone like me to try to break into child care has become impossible, nurseries are full of apprentices, on the lowest wage, some of the nurseries i've volunteered at depend almost entirely on apprentices, and when these apprentices are 16+ years old they have no previous knowledge or experience looking after little ones. Children are challenging, full of energy, have a thirst for learning and knowledge, there's more children than ever being diagnosed with additional needs, and i do question whether i would be happy to leave my baby with a 16+ year old, and now the government have bought in the fact that you need GCSE's grade A-C in maths and English, surely lifeskills and knowledge and a positive fun attitude are more important when working with children.

I didn't need any grades to have my children!

I feel sorry for the girl, she was reckless and stupid, but then she's only 18 and will learn from this experience.
It's crazy that they're overlooking a 40 year old who's raised children in favour of a 16 year old Ruby (and this is not meant to be a slight on 16 year olds) but I know for me personally the older I got raising my own children the more laid back and patient I became. Also,I completely agree with the last part of your post

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 03-09-2015, 10:06 AM #19

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It's crazy that they're overlooking a 40 year old who's raised children in favour of a 16 year old Ruby (and this is not meant to be a slight on 16 year olds) but I know for me personally the older I got raising my own children the more laid back and patient I became. Also,I completely agree with the last part of your post
The government are messing it all up by wanting the academics over knowledge and life experience, they did just this when they got rid of the SEN's in hospitals.

I have a 16 year old niece who has just done her GCSE's she got a D in maths, her mum (my sister) has a 1 year old and a 2 year old, now my niece has helped bring these babies up, which in my opinion does give her experience, she wants to go into childcare, yet can't because of her maths grade.....ridiculous!

And she must really love kids as she's living with babies!
rubymoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:10 AM #20
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubymoo View Post
The government are messing it all up by wanting the academics over knowledge and life experience, they did just this when they got rid of the SEN's in hospitals.

I have a 16 year old niece who has just done her GCSE's she got a D in maths, her mum (my sister) has a 1 year old and a 2 year old, now my niece has helped bring these babies up, which in my opinion does give her experience, she wants to go into childcare, yet can't because of her maths grade.....ridiculous!

And she must really love kids as she's living with babies!
Yeah, like I said in my previous post I really think it's a vocation, working with kids or the most vulnerable members of our society and there should be more thought put into how they rate peoples suitability for those type of jobs. The education system (certainly here in Ireland anyway) is far too focused on academics I think for jobs that should be looking in different areas then Maths or English results

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
branded, care, children, facebook, nurse, nursery, ws