Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 12-05-2018, 09:02 AM #151
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I'd say Trump is sort of "doing an ISIS" with a lot of these things to be honest. That is to say... things happen, for a variety of reasons, and Trump takes credit for it (like ISIS taking credit for every small scale terrorist attack when most have nothing to do with ISIS). Trump is really not the major factor that got NK to the negotiating table... but he's very very good at self-promotion, so it's not surprising that he's managed to create the narrative that it's all thanks to him.
Is your inside information going to let us know who was the major factor?
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:10 AM #152
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Is your inside information going to let us know who was the major factor?
My thoughts exactly. It’s easy to say something is not so and elude to another ‘major factor’ but justifying the comment not so much.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:05 AM #153

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

It seems to me that if they don't like someone then people will go to great lengths to discredit them, even when credit is due. There are many things Trump has said and done that I don't agree with but Obama didn't get 'rocket man' to the table nor did he offer to help restructure the country's broken economy. It appears that Trump has achieved this, kudos to him.

And in the news UN gains unprecedented access to North Korea.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44092623

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 12-05-2018 at 11:17 AM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:00 PM #154
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
I'm sorry Dezzy but I do not understand why you have a problem with ANY of my post.

I am not insulting or being personal but merely stating my opinion based on my perception of your posts and I even stated; "In my opinion".

Your posts on Brexit are not only ALWAYS arrogantly dismissive of the viewpoints of any other member where those viewpoints do not align with your own but also dismissive of any facts such members may state in order to support their viewpoint.

You are NOT an authority on Brexit or the EU Dezzy and have no monopoly on what is true or factual ONLY an opinion based on the same information which is out there which anyone can access.

I do not know your age but I would guess that you have not even the benefit of Direct Experience gained by having lived in the UK BEFORE that moralless deceitful liar Ted Heath conned us into the 'Common Market' which became the EU.

In your response to the post of Brillopad, you said:

"Of course it's my opinion, when did I say differently? I'm perfectly entitled to it"

Well, I am similarly entitled.
You're entitled to your opinion but you're not entitled to make snide comments at me when you'd scream the place down if our positions were reversed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
MOST experts - is that so. Maybe you believe that because you only open your ears to those saying what you want to hear. Just a thought!
I see the irony of what you said here is lost on you.

You are closing your ears and writing your own narrative in downplaying the fact that most experts from most fields do not think that Brexit is a good idea, neither back then nor now. You are grasping onto a minority of expert opinions when the majority are saying otherwise. Once again you are guilty of doing the thing that you accuse other people of.

If a majority of experts were on board with brexit then I wouldn't be opposed to it, but people with expertise beyond anyone's here is saying it's going to be a ****show and I'm not arrogant enough to think I know better or disregard the legions of expert minds telling us otherwise.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:03 PM #155
Banned

Banned

Trump has done nothing to warrant praise, his immature teenage-girl-on-Twitter style of presidency has irritated issues more than helped. NK has come to the table because both Koreas are working the diplomatic process. Trump is just trying to snatch credit because he is an ineffective narcissist.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:11 PM #156
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Trump has done nothing to warrant praise, his immature teenage-girl-on-Twitter style of presidency has irritated issues more than helped. NK has come to the table because both Koreas are working the diplomatic process. Trump is just trying to snatch credit because he is an ineffective narcissist.
i agree with this. I would add that I believe China was actually the one that made it happen. NK visited China just before all these developments started to happen, and they have far more influence over NK than the USA will ever have.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:20 PM #157

Quote:
You're entitled to your opinion but you're not entitled to make snide comments at me when you'd scream the place down if our positions were reversed.

I made NO 'snide comments' and any perceived by you is in YOUR head.

You are the one who is continually attempting to introduce 'personal' issues into this debate/discussion.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:58 PM #158
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Oh dear. You write with such AUTHORITY on the EU and Brexit, Dezzy, but in reality, WHAT you write shows an alarming LACK of any REAL knowledge of both - In my opinion.

"It's going to have a negative impact..."

Are you now TIBB's own Psychic, Dezzy? Tibb’s very own Nostradamus or Edgar Cayce?

You speak so DEFINITIVELY of future events that you MUST think that you are. No one KNOWS the future and cloaking your PERSONAL opinion as fact lends it no more legitimacy than any other person's opinion.

"...and placing blame on an imaginary Illuminati is not going to change that (that line honestly feels like you preparing an excuse for when Brexit leaves us in a worse position then we were in) "

This is bordering on dishonesty and mockery.

I clearly qualified my use of the word 'Illuminati' by stating "for want of a better word".

It was a ‘convenience’, an ‘Umbrella’ term for the purpose of BREVITY, to save me having to write lists of the actual Super-Wealthy and Super-Powerful factions who do MOST CERTAINLY have deeply vested interests in ensuring that the UK Remains in the EU, and NONE of these ‘vested interests’ includes the well-being of the ‘Working Classes’ or ‘Poor’, or indeed anyone OUTSIDE of THEIR own ranks and aims.

I have no intention of writing 100 pages to defend myself against your mocking retort – and that number of pages would scarcely be sufficient anyway to FULLY expound why I am right and your response is wrong – but briefly:

The Rich and Powerful & EU Vested Interests Part One:

The House of Lords, EU Pensioners & Traitor Blair

The Lords is heavily riddled with Pro-EU traitors to this country - 374 of whom were STRATEGICALLY placed there by Pro-EU arch-Traitor Tony Blair during 1997 to 2007.

The first of the Lord’s two recent defeats of the Government’s Article 50 Bill was ORGANISED by Blair and his ‘Pet-Peer’ Lord Adonis abetted by Peers who were former EU Commissioners.

The EU pays over Ł500,00 in PENSIONS per year to former EU Officials who now sit in the Lords and this includes seven ex-EU Commissioners such as Blair’s bedfellow ‘Mr IFFY’ Peter Mandelson.

EU officials have to swear a permanent ‘Oath of Allegiance’ to Brussels and their Golden Pensions and other Lifetime ‘Bonuses’ can be withdrawn if those ex- Officials ever fail to ‘ACT IN THE EU’s INTERESTS’, but ‘Lo and Behold’ unlike ANY other situations where Peers may have a ‘Conflict of Interest’ when voting, it has been decreed that these EU Loyalists do NOT have to declare their EU Incomes or any 'Conflict of Interest' when voting.

Incidentally, these Peers 'Golden Pensions' is BRITISH TAX-PAYERS MONEY despite it being paid out by Brussels.

And just LOOK at some of the RATS who have vested in interests in scuppering Brexit and keeping the UK in the EU – whether OFFICIALLY or otherwise by rendering Brexit so ineffective that the ‘status quo’ changes in NAME only.

Lord Kinnock – ex-vice-president of the Commission

(The 'Welsh Windbag' a former British Labour Prime Minister receives a Ł87,000-a-year EU pension. Not bad UNEARNED income when a HUGE portion of the working classes he represented struggle by on around Ł15,000 per year for WORKING.)

Lord Patten - ex-EU Commissioner.
Lord Tugendhat – ex-EU Commissioner.
Lord Mandelson i- ex EU Commissioner.
Baroness Ashton.
Lord Clinton-Davis.
Lord Tugendhat
Lord Richard.
Etc. Etc.

HOW can these RATS SERVE TWO MASTERS?

They CANNOT, and their FIRST allegiance is NOT to the Best Interests of the UK and its people, it is to their Brussels Paymasters and PROTECTING their FAT, TAX-FREE Golden EU LIFETIME Payouts - not forgetting their many EU-based, very lucrative BUSINESS interests which will become endangered and much less lucrative should the UK REALLY Brexit.

The 'Illuminati' may well be a fiction but the above RICH and POWERFUL are REAL and they DO HAVE A VESTED INTEREST IN SCUPPERING BREXIT.

They are also in a STRATEGIC position to do so, and ARE doing just that.

Next - George Soros, The Open Society Foundation, & Gina Miller
If I said those red parts to you or your friends, they would have been presented as me baiting you and the 358382857th Anti-Dezzy thread would have been made.

I must say though, looking briefly at your post, I saw the term 'Pro-EU traitors'......how very diplomatic, anyone that doesn't share your views on brexit is a traitor? You tried to twist my opinion by making out that I was saying it was a fact (when it should be obvious to everyone that is wasn't) but here you are bandying the word traitor about because someone is pro-eu thus trying to deny opinions you dislike.

Last edited by Tom4784; 12-05-2018 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:08 PM #159
User banned

User banned

Quote:
If I said those red parts to you or your friends, they would have been presented as me baiting you and the 358382857th Anti-Dezzy thread would have been made.

I must say though, looking briefly at your post, I saw the term 'Pro-EU traitors'......how very diplomatic, anyone that doesn't share your views on brexit is a traitor? You tried to twist my opinion by making out that I was saying it was a fact (when it should be obvious to everyone that is wasn't) but here you are bandying the word traitor about because someone is pro-eu thus trying to deny opinions you dislike.
It seems blatantly obvious to me that Kirk was not suggesting ANYONE that doesn’t agree with his views on Brexit - a very convenient distortion of the sentiment expressed, and you talk of twisting - is an EU traitor, but an informed account of why many of those voting against Brexit in the Lords have no right doing so as they clearly have a vested personal interest in voting against Brexit that has nothing to do with the best interests of the country or the vast majority of the people in it!

It is without doubt a conflict of interests and should not be allowed - it makes a total joke of the whole downright corrupt nature of the system! Remainers would be screaming blue murder if the boot was on the other foot!

Last edited by Brillopad; 12-05-2018 at 02:35 PM.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:22 PM #160

Quote:

What my 'friends' would do is of no relevance here.

I have NEVER accused you of baiting me, have I?

Again, you UNFAIRLY put me in a position where I CANNOT respond to you without dragging up the past - something I did not want to do.

However, seeing as how it is you who are doing just that;

I objected to the times you used your Mod Status to unjustly remove my response posts to you because you had no answer to the points put forward in them.

I objected to the needless abusive aggression you often used in your responses to my posts.

There - now THAT is out of the way;

he text which you have reproduced in red are NOT 'snide comments' they are legitimate comments based solely on what you wrote in the relevant posts.

I used the term 'Pro-EU Traitors' because in the context of what they are and what they are doing THAT is EXACTLY what they are.

I have NEVER used the term 'Traitor' in respect of any 'Remainer' on here - no matter how extremely fanatical they may be because they have a RIGHT to support remaining in the EU if they want to.

PEERS in the House of Lords who receive BRITISH TAX-PAYERS money of Ł300 per day (often for just turning up to sleep) are another matter altogether because they ARE 'EU-Traitors'.

Instead of voting on a motion for the BEST interests of the UK and its people based on rigorous analysis and contemplation the issues concerning that motion, these bastards have only TWO considerations;

1) Their duty to adhere to the OATH OF LOYALTY which they swore to their EU PAYMASTERS

2) Protecting their personal incomes from those EU Paymasters.

THEY ARE PRO-EU TRAITORS.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 13-05-2018 at 06:58 AM.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:24 PM #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
It seems blatantly obvious to me that Kirk was not suggesting ANYONE that doesn’t agree with his views on Brexit - a very convenient distortion of the sentiment expressed, and you talk of twisting - is an EU traitor, but an informed account of why many of those voting against Brexit in the Lords have no right doing so as they clearly have a vested personal interest in voting against Brexit that has nothing to do with the best interests of the country or the vast majority of the people in it!

It is without doubt a conflict of interests and should not be allowed - it makes a total joke of the whole downright corrupt nature of the system! Remainers would be screaming blue murder if if the boot was on the other foot!
Thank you Brillo.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
believes, jones, majority, owen, represents