Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 17-05-2022, 10:09 AM #76
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
I got the idea from the video that it was just people who wanted to feel a sense of purpose for the wrong reasons, but still to make themselves feel important about something and were just doing it for attention
There are a lot of people like that who have piggy backed the trans movement with their own misogynistic agenda, this is why women are worried about our spaces

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2022, 10:26 AM #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
There are a lot of people like that who have piggy backed the trans movement with their own misogynistic agenda, this is why women are worried about our spaces
Yeah I get that.

Like you say, it's a shame for those who genuinely are trans
ThomasC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2022, 10:28 AM #78
-

-

Quote:
I do feel bad for genuine transsexuals and I genuinely believe that the way this movement has been hijacked is going to end up effecting actual transsexuals in a negative way.
I'm actually starting to go down the Alf-esque conspiracy theory route with it and would go as far as saying I think it was sparked deliberately. Not that the people who are involved or identify a certain way are doing anything deliberate, but the Identity Zeitgeist in general... ... ... I'm starting to think seems designed to damage the rights of women, trans people and ultimately gay men as well which I said in another thread; when that allyship is no longer needed "for the numbers", gay men will be filed alongside lesbians as "genital fetishists" for being exclusively attracted to male bodies.

The only people who will get to plod on as normal with few personal concerns are straight natal males (and I say that AS one) and that should really say a lot. Who benefits from this battle? It's not women, and it's not the trans community or any other part of LGBT. But there certainly ARE people who benefit from pushing the edges of this bubble until it bursts. Hyperindividualist gender identity politics is the worst thing that's happened to actual LGBT rights since progress started being made at all.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2022, 10:29 AM #79
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yeah I get that.

Like you say, it's a shame for those who genuinely are trans
Yes it is, absolutely

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 17-05-2022, 10:32 AM #80
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I'm actually starting to go down the Alf-esque conspiracy theory route with it and would go as far as saying I think it was sparked deliberately. Not that the people who are involved or identify a certain way are doing anything deliberate, but the Identity Zeitgeist in general... ... ... I'm starting to think seems designed to damage the rights of women, trans people and ultimately gay men as well which I said in another thread; when that allyship is no longer needed "for the numbers", gay men will be filed alongside lesbians as "genital fetishists" for being exclusively attracted to male bodies.

The only people who will get to plod on as normal with few personal concerns are straight natal males (and I say that AS one) and that should really say a lot. Who benefits from this battle? It's not women, and it's not the trans community or any other part of LGBT. But there certainly ARE people who benefit from pushing the edges of this bubble until it bursts. Hyperindividualist gender identity politics is the worst thing that's happened to actual LGBT rights since progress started being made at all.
Yep, yep and yep. I have to say if it wasn't so damaging I'd be impressed by how they've managed to do this as well. It's pretty genius

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 17-05-2022, 10:33 AM #81
-

-

Quote:
It's completely snowballed as well with fetishism being pushed HARD as a valid part of LGBT. I honestly thought it was a joke/just an internet niche thing that wouldn't happen but there are already people declaring themselves furries in my daughter's school. 13/14 year old kids! How can any gay or trans person not find this **** wildly offensive? It reduces all sexuality down to fetishism. It's the SAME thing puritans were saying back in the 50's, that gay rights activists fought so hard to change the perception of and really had only JUST started getting there in the last few decades... now pushed from the opposite angle and it's being welcomed with open arms. Madness.
Old 17-05-2022, 10:34 AM #82
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:

Welcome to the club.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2022, 10:35 AM #83
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It's completely snowballed as well with fetishism being pushed HARD as a valid part of LGBT. I honestly thought it was a joke/just an internet niche thing that wouldn't happen but there are already people declaring themselves furries in my daughter's school. 13/14 year old kids! How can any gay or trans person not find this **** wildly offensive? It reduces all sexuality down to fetishism. It's the SAME thing puritans were saying back in the 50's, that gay rights activists fought so hard to change the perception of and really had only JUST started getting there in the last few decades... now pushed from the opposite angle and it's being welcomed with open arms. Madness.
I can't understand how they're not livid about what's happening either. And don't even get me started on "MAPs"

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Niamh.; 17-05-2022 at 10:36 AM.
Old 17-05-2022, 10:39 AM #84
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
I can't understand how they're not livid about what's happening either. And don't even get me started on "MAPs"
What's MAPs?
Old 17-05-2022, 10:42 AM #85
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
What's MAPs?
It stands for "Minor Attracted Person"

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 17-05-2022, 10:52 AM #86
-

-

Quote:
You'll be accused of "the age old trope of comparing gay people and trans people to paedophiles" for bringing it into the discussion of course, even though it has nothing to do with that. It's not saying that these are the same people; it's saying be very careful about what you allow to be set as legal precedent because people with a very different agenda can then use that precedent to argue their own case with similar arguments.

That's really a big part of it too. I'm all for the maximum rights for the maximum number of people; it's just that changes need to be properly considered before they're made and all angles examined for unintended consequences. One thing that often strikes me is that both women, gay and trans people pushed their rights forward in increments for DECADES and very successfully, making sometimes slow but clearly very real progress.

Then something "new" arrived and declared loudly "I want my rights NOW" and I think that people are inclined to think, well, "fair enough" but the rush is going to cause untold damage and when it all ends up being stripped back, it'll take those properly established rights along with it and set everything back by decades. It's already bloody happening stateside.
Old 17-05-2022, 10:58 AM #87
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
I knew I'd heard of that term before somwhere. I heard it from this paedo defender. Disgusting!

There's a further story to this disturbing character too.

Old 17-05-2022, 10:58 AM #88
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You'll be accused of "the age old trope of comparing gay people and trans people to paedophiles" for bringing it into the discussion of course, even though it has nothing to do with that. It's not saying that these are the same people; it's saying be very careful about what you allow to be set as legal precedent because people with a very different agenda can then use that precedent to argue their own case with similar arguments.

That's really a big part of it too. I'm all for the maximum rights for the maximum number of people; it's just that changes need to be properly considered before they're made and all angles examined for unintended consequences. One thing that often strikes me is that both women, gay and trans people pushed their rights forward in increments for DECADES and very successfully, making sometimes slow but clearly very real progress.

Then something "new" arrived and declared loudly "I want my rights NOW" and I think that people are inclined to think, well, "fair enough" but the rush is going to cause untold damage and when it all ends up being stripped back, it'll take those properly established rights along with it and set everything back by decades. It's already bloody happening stateside.
I mean these people are trying to hop on the LGBTQ+ train, I'm the one saying they're nothing alike so shouldn't be anywhere near it and they should be the ones getting mad that they're trying to associate themselves with that movement, same with furries.

The States are an absolute mess atm from all sides and all angles. Hopefully we''ll learn some lessons on what not to do over this side of the world by watching them

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Niamh.; 17-05-2022 at 10:59 AM.
Old 17-05-2022, 11:01 AM #89
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by alf View Post
i knew i'd heard of that term before somwhere. I heard it from this paedo defender. Disgusting!

There's a further story to this disturbing character too.

Old 17-05-2022, 11:23 AM #90
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
I mean these people are trying to hop on the LGBTQ+ train, I'm the one saying they're nothing alike so shouldn't be anywhere near it and they should be the ones getting mad that they're trying to associate themselves with that movement, same with furries.

The States are an absolute mess atm from all sides and all angles. Hopefully we''ll learn some lessons on what not to do over this side of the world by watching them
Quote:

Quote:
Urgh, I hate it. It's mostly "Queer"' types who support the inclusion of "MAPs", not the standard LGBT.

I think I'm also joining Alf in the conspiracy nut farm, but when "LGBTQWERTY Educators" want to teach children about consent, it feels like they're building up to teaching children that they can consent, if that makes sense.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2022, 01:36 PM #91
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'm not sure as they haven't gone through the full transition. They need support regardless. My view is that if that was how they identified them would it be fair for me to judge?
I am not judging, they can do as they please, but when it affects my rights I will speak up just the same as you would if you were asked to give up any of your rights...I would like for there to be somewhere for abused pre op trans women to get help but not at the expense of abused traumatised women

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2022, 03:07 PM #92

Quote:
Piers gets called the C word on live TV by the trans activist and the womans activist proudly admits that she's transphobic.

The lengths Piers goes to to get viewers.

Yes that Punk was Rude.

Piers gave the Fool time to speak, as well

That Great Lady
is the next guest

Last edited by arista; 17-05-2022 at 03:12 PM.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2022, 10:40 PM #93
Sod orf

Sod orf

They're at it again. This time in Bristol.

Old 19-06-2022, 10:44 PM #94
Sod orf

Sod orf

Old 19-06-2022, 10:47 PM #95
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

"Right side of History"

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 19-06-2022, 10:51 PM #96
Sod orf

Sod orf

Colston was the statue that was pulled down and rolled into the river for those that arne't aware.

I think that is the women who Piers Morgan is interviewing in the OP whom they are saying this to.

Old 19-06-2022, 11:10 PM #97
Sod orf

Sod orf

Old 20-06-2022, 08:23 AM #98
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

what brave misogynists they are with their covered faces ...remove your masks why don't you

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 20-06-2022, 08:48 AM #99
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
what brave misogynists they are with their covered faces ...remove your masks why don't you
I know, don't know why they're hiding their identities considering how they're on the "right side of history" and all

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 20-06-2022, 09:15 AM #100
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I know, don't know why they're hiding their identities considering how they're on the "right side of history" and all
quite bizarre, in any any other context they would be deemed terrorists

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
activis, activists, trans, womens