Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TiBB Does The Apprentice Forum-based 'The Apprentice' game.

Old 14-11-2012, 03:29 PM #1126
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Never fear, I shall do the honours

Bear in mind that I expect doing this will work in my favour
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 03:31 PM #1127
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

She said a lovely mod Matt

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 03:33 PM #1128
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Don't make me get Marcus in here
Old 14-11-2012, 03:34 PM #1129
charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Marcus. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 03:37 PM #1130
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 03:39 PM #1131
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

The polls are closed
Old 14-11-2012, 03:40 PM #1132
charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):

charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):

good luck mtvn muchinks roy mars and vanessa and the rest
Old 14-11-2012, 03:59 PM #1133
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

Going to post the Summations now, will just be mine for Team Pioneer and Lord ShuGrrs' as Mollie is not online atm, so hers will be added later

Also, with regard to noms. In the event of a tie, more than two people per team may actually face the boardroom for this task.

Last edited by Kate!; 14-11-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Kate! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 04:06 PM #1134

AHH i don't know who to nominate
Jamie585 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 04:09 PM #1135
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

Sir ShuGrrs' Summation, including the announcement of the winning team for Task 5!

Pioneer: I was looking forward to a chance for you all to submit your own efforts for a task since I believe that some of you have been carried thus far. The biggest surprise of this task, however, was that I feel that the weakest performer was the one who did all the work last time: ukturtle. I found your article, although well-designed and original, to focus too much on the name-calling and hate directed at Perez Hilton and only one of the paragraphs you wrote didn't contain some form of insult about him. It didn't read at all like a PR article, and I think you tried to be too funny and not take it seriously.
I was surprised to see Vanessa storming the public poll, too, since I believe there were two better articles than hers, and whilst her piece was very heavy on emotion and apologies, I felt that it could have been written better - these weren't paragraphs, they were just lines. Overall I think you had one of the easier subjects too, since Kristen Stewart isn't as awful as some of the other potential subjects.
MTVN, I originally picked yours to win because I found it the most positive spin about him, but on reflection it felt more like a blog post from a fan rather than something released by Rick Santorum's press team. The selection of quotes and subtitles you provided also made it quite a piecemeal approach, and took something away from your rhetoric skills, but overall I enjoyed your work.
Salman!, I chose you as the winner because I believe you took the most professional approach to article-writing. Often, stories leaked to the press by a celebrity's PA or publicist won't be so blatantly laden with positive praise, and here you created something relatively convincing and positive about Chris Brown without being so obvious a piece on behalf of Chris Brown's manager if that makes sense. I also enjoyed your creativity with the Daily Mail template, and I believe you had the toughest celebrity to portray in a good light.
Lee, I felt that your writing was more of a review of the Jeremy Kyle Show than a PR piece trying to portray him in a good light. Whilst you were fairly convincing and made a handful of good points, I'd have scored you fourth in your team because some of the writing itself was quite informal and punctuated poorly, and it felt a bit amateurish

Prospect:
The competition in your team, I feel, is a little more tense because I think you're all on a similar level of ability. Therefore I was going to let this task be a decider, in a way, because I think it tested your ability to read the rules properly.
DrunkerThanMoses, I chose yours as my favourite article because I believe it was a clever mix of facts, media representation and personal opinion and was laid out quite nicely. I would have liked maybe a little more objectivity, because you bordered on the personal opinion side of things at times (rather than positive media spin without the journalist's P.O.V.) but all in all I think you did a great job.
Apple, with regret, I have to say I liked your article the least of your team. I felt that it was more a recital of facts and figures about Jessie J and it was just all too factual and unconvincing. It also felt a bit like a "This is Your Life" segment, and what we asked for really was for one article about something good or inspiring that she's done, rather than a mini-bio.
Munchkins, yours was a close 2nd favourite of mine. I would advise in future that you don't bold and make parts of your article double the size of the rest because it makes it a little more difficult to read (although I understand you're trying to emphasise things, and some tabloids do the same with media articles ) Again, I thought it was a bit of a blog about Kristen Stewart, rather than a news story that did something well to put her in a good light, so all in all it didn't quite fit the criteria, but I think you demonstrated good analytical and persuasive techniques.
Much the same with the other candidates I can say for yours, Jamie, as I felt the Jeremy Kyle piece was not terribly well-written, but tugged on the heartstrings in all the right places and made a fairly convincing argument in favour of Jeremy Kyle.
Roy, I felt your piece was a little shorter than the others' and although I enjoyed your writing style a little more than others' because it was freer and less reported, I don't really understand where this would have been published. It could have just been someone on Tumblr, it could have been a leaflet put through people's doors. I didn't think it was very convincing as a newspaper article, and I don't think it would have convinced the public to change their perspective of Mitt Romney - this would have been more suited to a Romney fanclub.

Overall
I think that Prospect had some well-written articles in general, but sadly I think all of them struggled to meet the whole 'PR' side of things. For this reason, I choose Pioneer as the winners, because I think some of their pieces would have looked more at home in journalists' writing and were presented with a neutral rationality, which made it all the more convincing
Old 14-11-2012, 04:10 PM #1136
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

Team Pioneer- Task 5 Summation

By Kate Brady

ukturtle - I loved the style and layout of your piece, it was very eye catching. I found it well written and pacey, although you deviated from what I was expecting in that you did seem to heavily take the piss out of the unfortunate chap, yet I liked the irreverent tongue in cheek style so I can't be too harsh there. You also made yourself available to help a fellow team mate who was having I.T. issues with her finished article, very commendable as you were in direct competition. Brownie points for that

Lee - I found your piece punchy and humorous, it read well (imo humble opinion) and I really enjoyed it. Your warmth for your chosen celebrity was conveyed well, very persuasive and no - nonsense, much like Mr Kyle himself. It could have benefitted from a few frills, bit of colour and a better layout, but was a very good effort indeed.

Vanessa - You demonstrated a great deal of enthusiasm for this task, and you are a consistent hard worker who gives her all in every challenge. As an article your piece was great, it was interesting, and you had clearly researched Kristen well. Highly informative However, the P.R. aspect was somewhat less than I would have preferred, you concentrated more on making it a factual piece with a bit of a "sell" at the end, rather than much actual P.R.

Salman - Your style and layout impressed me no end, clearly a lot of thought and effort went into it, although you did have to be prompted () I also loved your article, it was a good read, grabbed my attention and I liked your approach. You sold your celebrity well, using an element of humour and not trying to re-invent your celeb as a saint. Jolly good show.

MTVN - What I liked about your article was that you used a lot of quotes, which reflected your chosen celebs' good qualities and were a very good selling point. You broke up the article nicely with use of pictures and that made it easy reading, it had a nice flow to it. Again, you "sold" your celeb in an understated manner, and I found the article interesting and informative. You backed up your argument well with the use of statistics. Well researched.

*Also - I must give a couple of Brownie points to MTVN, who very kindly and on his own initiative closed the polls for me at the requested time. Marvellous! Have a lollipop as well.

Last edited by Kate!; 14-11-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 14-11-2012, 04:11 PM #1137
charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):

charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Kate* View Post
Sir ShuGrrs' Summation, including the announcement of the winning team for Task 5!

Pioneer: I was looking forward to a chance for you all to submit your own efforts for a task since I believe that some of you have been carried thus far. The biggest surprise of this task, however, was that I feel that the weakest performer was the one who did all the work last time: ukturtle. I found your article, although well-designed and original, to focus too much on the name-calling and hate directed at Perez Hilton and only one of the paragraphs you wrote didn't contain some form of insult about him. It didn't read at all like a PR article, and I think you tried to be too funny and not take it seriously.
I was surprised to see Vanessa storming the public poll, too, since I believe there were two better articles than hers, and whilst her piece was very heavy on emotion and apologies, I felt that it could have been written better - these weren't paragraphs, they were just lines. Overall I think you had one of the easier subjects too, since Kristen Stewart isn't as awful as some of the other potential subjects.
MTVN, I originally picked yours to win because I found it the most positive spin about him, but on reflection it felt more like a blog post from a fan rather than something released by Rick Santorum's press team. The selection of quotes and subtitles you provided also made it quite a piecemeal approach, and took something away from your rhetoric skills, but overall I enjoyed your work.
Salman!, I chose you as the winner because I believe you took the most professional approach to article-writing. Often, stories leaked to the press by a celebrity's PA or publicist won't be so blatantly laden with positive praise, and here you created something relatively convincing and positive about Chris Brown without being so obvious a piece on behalf of Chris Brown's manager if that makes sense. I also enjoyed your creativity with the Daily Mail template, and I believe you had the toughest celebrity to portray in a good light.
Lee, I felt that your writing was more of a review of the Jeremy Kyle Show than a PR piece trying to portray him in a good light. Whilst you were fairly convincing and made a handful of good points, I'd have scored you fourth in your team because some of the writing itself was quite informal and punctuated poorly, and it felt a bit amateurish

Prospect:
The competition in your team, I feel, is a little more tense because I think you're all on a similar level of ability. Therefore I was going to let this task be a decider, in a way, because I think it tested your ability to read the rules properly.
DrunkerThanMoses, I chose yours as my favourite article because I believe it was a clever mix of facts, media representation and personal opinion and was laid out quite nicely. I would have liked maybe a little more objectivity, because you bordered on the personal opinion side of things at times (rather than positive media spin without the journalist's P.O.V.) but all in all I think you did a great job.
Apple, with regret, I have to say I liked your article the least of your team. I felt that it was more a recital of facts and figures about Jessie J and it was just all too factual and unconvincing. It also felt a bit like a "This is Your Life" segment, and what we asked for really was for one article about something good or inspiring that she's done, rather than a mini-bio.
Munchkins, yours was a close 2nd favourite of mine. I would advise in future that you don't bold and make parts of your article double the size of the rest because it makes it a little more difficult to read (although I understand you're trying to emphasise things, and some tabloids do the same with media articles ) Again, I thought it was a bit of a blog about Kristen Stewart, rather than a news story that did something well to put her in a good light, so all in all it didn't quite fit the criteria, but I think you demonstrated good analytical and persuasive techniques.
Much the same with the other candidates I can say for yours, Jamie, as I felt the Jeremy Kyle piece was not terribly well-written, but tugged on the heartstrings in all the right places and made a fairly convincing argument in favour of Jeremy Kyle.
Roy, I felt your piece was a little shorter than the others' and although I enjoyed your writing style a little more than others' because it was freer and less reported, I don't really understand where this would have been published. It could have just been someone on Tumblr, it could have been a leaflet put through people's doors. I didn't think it was very convincing as a newspaper article, and I don't think it would have convinced the public to change their perspective of Mitt Romney - this would have been more suited to a Romney fanclub.

Overall
I think that Prospect had some well-written articles in general, but sadly I think all of them struggled to meet the whole 'PR' side of things. For this reason, I choose Pioneer as the winners, because I think some of their pieces would have looked more at home in journalists' writing and were presented with a neutral rationality, which made it all the more convincing
wow he dose not hold back
Old 14-11-2012, 04:12 PM #1138

oooh that was brutal haha

well done Pioneer
Old 14-11-2012, 04:13 PM #1139
charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):

charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie585 View Post
oooh that was brutal haha

well done Pioneer
i know wow Sir ShuGrrs

and yeah well done
Old 14-11-2012, 04:18 PM #1140
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Yay! We won the task!
Old 14-11-2012, 04:19 PM #1141
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Sorry if I seemed too harsh people, I just needed to be to kind of distinguish between you all really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Last edited by Shaun; 14-11-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 04:19 PM #1142

Haha, it's your job to grill us
Old 14-11-2012, 04:20 PM #1143
Lee.

Favourites:
UBB: Brian

Lee.

Favourites:

Poorly punctuated?

Omg! -fans face- I have never punctuated poorly before -cries-

I've even gone and checked -breaks down completely- and your right, it is poorly punctuated.

-dies-
Old 14-11-2012, 04:21 PM #1144
Lee.

Favourites:

Lee.

Favourites:

Poorly punctuated?

I've even gone and checked -breaks down completely- and your right, it is poorly punctuated.

-dies-
Old 14-11-2012, 04:23 PM #1145
charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):

charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
Yay! We won the task!
boom well done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Sorry if I seemed too harsh people, I just needed to be to kind of distinguish between you all really
well it what you have to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie585 View Post
Haha, it's your job to grill us
yeah i would not be able to do that
Old 14-11-2012, 04:24 PM #1146
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee. View Post
Poorly punctuated?

-dies-
Nevermind! We won the task !
Old 14-11-2012, 04:28 PM #1147
for those who've fallen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Hazel
BB13: Deana
for those who've fallen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Hazel
BB13: Deana

Oh no I'm ****ed :|

Last edited by Apple202; 14-11-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Apple202 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 04:29 PM #1148
charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):

charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple202 View Post
Oh no I'm ****ed :|
never say that think positive
Old 14-11-2012, 04:38 PM #1149
Take me to the hole!

Favourites (more):
Apprentice 2019: Ryan-Mark
BB18: Raph
Take me to the hole!

Favourites (more):
Apprentice 2019: Ryan-Mark
BB18: Raph

Task 5 Summation - Team Prospect
by Mollie Mountford

Apple202 - Your article showed how much of a successful international musician/pop star Jessie J is, reflecting on her outstanding music career and the public interest she's received worldwide. You showed her in a very good light, and it was a very well written and informative write-up, so good job.

DrunkerThanMoses - Your article was very impressive indeed, showcasing just what an honest successful businessman/television personality Piers Morgan truly is. Leaving aside the hatred for him, and instead showing to us all what a great honest chap he is. A very good write-up, excellent work.

Jamie585 - Your article showed that Jeremy Kyle is in fact a very nice chap indeed, illustrating just some of the ways he has helped make the world a better place. You managed to put across the message that he has helped improve so many people's lives, something we should all be grateful for, as if any one of us end up in that situation, Jeremy will be there to help. Good job.

Munchkins - Your article proved there is a good side to Kirsten Stewart, and how she hasn't deserved the bad press she's received. In turn you proved how she is in fact doing good as well, brushing off all the attention that has been drawn to her in a negative light. You did a very good job writing it up with the time you had and also I liked how you highlighted important positive things, such as the fact she is young and is genuinely sorry for her actions.

Roy Mars III - Your article showed just what a hard-working heroic chap Mitt Romney is. A beautiful write-up that brought a tear to my eye, and just sheer proof how robbed he was from the presidential election. If only you were his campaign manager, he would've surely won the race. Kudos.

Last edited by Maia; 14-11-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Maia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 04:41 PM #1150
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

Now don't panic when you see this

I am only setting it up for later and then I can quote it and edit a bit when I'm ready, will be much easier on my phone. ukturtle won't be online till at least 7pm I imagine (time difference) so Firings will happen later on tonight. We will go with the verdicts of whichever judges are online at the time

Team Prospect:

Munchkins! You received
Spoiler:

nominations

Jamie585! You received
Spoiler:

nominations

Roy Mars III! You received
Spoiler:

nominations

Apple202! you received
Spoiler:

nominations

Therefore.......

Team Pioneer

Vanessa! You received
Spoiler:

nominations

MTVN! You received
Spoiler:

nominations

Salman! You received
Spoiler:

nominations

ukturtle! you received
Spoiler:

nominations

Last edited by Kate!; 14-11-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
applications, apprentice, open, tibb