Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 02:48 PM #101
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Catladies is a mass insult and has been used to insult people on here before. The term causes issues every year and this year it has been worse so is being deleted/infracted. Its basically used to insult anyone who likes a housemate that the forum does not. When an eviction result comes in too...'voters are utter idiots and only thinking with their penises saving X' or something is also against the rules as its a mass insult to people who vote, which includes people on the forum.
Like I said though, people are interpreting it as being used as an insult to people on here, when it's actually being used about the Facebook crowd (at least my use of it is anyway)
Old 01-07-2017, 02:49 PM #102
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
Calling someone scum for actions inside the house is perfectly fine surely (maybe Dezzy or Vicky can confirm?)

Kayleigh was one of my early faves but threatening to kill people is a scummy move and she got dragged for it.

I find men threatening to physically hurt women scummy hence I believe Lotan is scum.
Of course thats fine. Calling voters/members scum is not ok though obviously.

It would only become an issue if the post was nothing but a load of bile filled insults. For example 'Lotan is scum' is fine 'Lotan is a scummy wifebeating twat who deserves to die' is not fine.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:50 PM #103
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
Like I said though, people are interpreting it as being used as an insult to people on here, when it's actually being used about the Facebook crowd (at least my use of it is anyway)
Either way, catladies is not allowed anymore, as members have been told. Many do use it to insult members, and also to be sly about insulting fans of certain housemates. Theres really no need to stereotype a bunch of people anyway tbh, and I don't really see a context in which calling a bunch of people 'catladies' can add anything to any discussion :S if talking about facebook voters, maybe just say facebook voters?
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 01-07-2017 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:51 PM #104
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
All hate seems to be over the smallest thing tbh. For any housemate. So many get sooo into the show and in a way thats good as otherwise this forum would have died ages ago.

I just find the hypocrisy amusing tbh. One of the things we have to do as mods is to see everything the same, if that makes sense. So we notice all hate, all insults, all OTT stuff and so on, no matter which housemate is the target of it. But as members, you do not need to worry about stuff like that so most members seem to only ever see/care when a housemate they like gets hate.

There are exceptions to this of course. Withano, for example seems to notice everything and is willing to point out when a housemate he dislikes is being unfairly targetted or when someone he likes is being praised simply for breathing

This is not an insult btw, before I was made a mod I was exactly the same, I only ever reported stuff that was negative about housemates I liked (Freddie, as it happened) and would not give a **** if someone was OTT about one I couldn't stand (Lisa)
I'm not insulted don't worry you've actually made perfect sense. I guess I do feel more sensitive towards some housemates being insulted than others based on my favour towards them.

That said even if people turned on Ellie and started calling her a slapper I would think it was uncalled for.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:53 PM #105
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

honestly i blame nicky91

The scars on my mind are on replay
Old 01-07-2017, 02:54 PM #106
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
honestly i blame nicky91
Honestly, Nicky and Vanessa would probably be the only members actually left on here if we got as strict as some members appear to want us to be I don't think I have ever seen either post anything that was horrible.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-07-2017, 02:56 PM #107

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

There's nothing wrong with being a cat lady anyway I love cats

Old 01-07-2017, 02:56 PM #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
There's nothing wrong with being a cat lady anyway I love cats

Old 01-07-2017, 02:59 PM #109
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Either way, catladies is not allowed anymore, as members have been told. Many do use it to insult members, and also to be sly about insulting fans of certain housemates. Theres really no need to stereotype a bunch of people anyway tbh, and I don't really see a context in which calling a bunch of people 'catladies' can add anything to any discussion :S if talking about facebook voters, maybe just say facebook voters?
That's fair enough, I just didn't want people telling me that I was using the phrase to insult members when I know I'm not (I've not been infracted or have an issue with this or anything I just wanted to throw in my alternative viewpoint on the matter )
Old 01-07-2017, 03:00 PM #110
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Despite what I was saying the other day, I do actually think this year hasn't been as bad as previous! It's been increasing in vitriol for years but peaked last year, it was so nasty

My issue really only is with the vitriolic posts about housemates appearances, it is just completely unnecessary and really childish, and is a real example of something that sours this forum and makes it a miserable place to frequent. You have to be 13 to sign up to this forum, these types of comments are stuff I'd expect in a playground, not among adults...I just think people need to grow up. I remain adamant that I'm consistent on this too, I found Lateysha overrated and didn't care for her at all but the 'whale', 'fat', 'bad mother' comments were pathetic, as were the comments deriding Jason for being a 'beast' or a 'thug'...I found him overrated too (but preferred him to her). Why can't we just have mature discussions about the housemates characters...you know, what the point of the show actually is? It's not Next Top Model, the housemates are there to be judged on their characters and personalities and what they're like as a housemate. If you think someone's a crap one, fine, but I've never understood the need to insult the way they look or how good a parent they are? What relevance does it have and how do we even know the latter? I just think many Big Brother fans (be it on this forum or even moreso on social media) are far too obsessive, It's Only A Gameshow after all, we watch these people for 48 minutes a night...they're still human and we don't really know them.

Everything else I don't really care about. The trolling and the 'I like this housemate/now I don't' is tiresome but whatever, I don't care about insults regarding fans of housemates or baiting or the like, that's part and parcel of being on a forum...but the personal and over-the-top insults about housemates, that's the one thing that spoils this forum IMO.

Quote:
Catladies is a mass insult and has been used to insult people on here before. The term causes issues every year and this year it has been worse so is being deleted/infracted. Its basically used to insult anyone who likes a housemate that the forum does not. When an eviction result comes in too...'voters are utter idiots and only thinking with their penises saving X' or something is also against the rules as its a mass insult to people who vote, which includes people on the forum.
I've genuinely always considered the 'cat lady' thing to be people on Facebook who have a cat as their profile picture and make OTT all-capitalised comments. It's like catch-all term for a stereotypical Big Brother/X Factor viewer, but I appreciate that it could be interpreted in different ways.

I'm intrigued about the voters thing though, because what if I do genuinely believe that the voters are 'clueless' and continually crown dullards as winners? In the same way I'm sure there's plenty of people who would consider the public crowning people like Helen/Aaron/Jim stupid or immoral. It's just an extension of whatever your preference of housemate is, surely? So where do you draw the line? Do we have to be approving of the public's choice of winner? What can and can't we say? I'm trying to word this as best as possible because I realise it could be misinterpreted, but I genuinely am curious about where the line is, because to size down in this way from 'the voting public' to members of this forum (even if people on this forum will be voters) on the face of it at least seems like it may restrict what we can say about the result. Like for example Labour voters have been chastised as being 'naive' or 'not knowing what they're voting for' which I obviously don't agree with but would defend their right to say it, in the same way I'd hold negative opinions about Tory voters. It's the same sort of thing I would've thought?
Old 01-07-2017, 03:01 PM #111
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-07-2017, 03:02 PM #112
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Old 01-07-2017, 03:03 PM #113
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:

Id also like to teach the world to sing

in, let me hasten to add, in perfect harmony

Old 01-07-2017, 03:04 PM #114
0_o

0_o

The voting thing we obviously tend to let go unless its obviously aimed at members tbh. Its just a bit of a catchall rule like most of our rules and it totally depends on context. Examples I guess would be maybe

'The voters are idiots. Why on earth did they save that bore' is fine
'Everyone who voted for that bore is an absolute idiot' would be bordeline
Replying to someone who said they voted for the bore 'you are an idiot for voting for him and have ruined the show' would be a rulebreak

This is why modding sometimes seems inconsistent tbh. Catch all rules do not always work as context and such has to be considered and sometimes we do get things wrong or misread something.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-07-2017, 03:07 PM #115
Sod orf

Sod orf

One night without Alf's Erection Section and all Hell breaks loose.

Don't worry, It'll be back tonight with it's message of love.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:07 PM #116
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

I thought catlady was about people on facebook with cats as their dp too I never thought it was an insult as such kind of like the eviction crowd are refered to as a mob. I always thought it was very light hearted
Old 01-07-2017, 03:07 PM #117
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The voting thing we obviously tend to let go unless its obviously aimed at members tbh. Its just a bit of a catchall rule like most of our rules and it totally depends on context. Examples I guess would be maybe

'The voters are idiots. Why on earth did they save that bore' is fine
'Everyone who voted for that bore is an absolute idiot' would be bordeline
Replying to someone who said they voted for the bore 'you are an idiot for voting for him and have ruined the show' would be a rulebreak

This is why modding sometimes seems inconsistent tbh. Catch all rules do not always work as context and such has to be considered and sometimes we do get things wrong or misread something.
Oh that's understandable then, that's what I assumed the rules had been previously but just wanted clarification now it had been mentioned
Old 01-07-2017, 03:09 PM #118
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
One night without Alf's Erection Section and all Hell breaks loose.

Don't worry, It'll be back tonight with it's message of love.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:14 PM #119
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Oh that's understandable then, that's what I assumed the rules had been previously but just wanted clarification now it had been mentioned
Rules basically are just..treat other members with respect, do not insult each other and do not go over the top with hating housemates. Make posts that actually contribute to conversations rather than just random 'she is a slag!!!1111' and such. And don't spam.

Its a shame that it all has to be spelled out separately for some (not saying you, just generally) and when its all written down its fairly confusing

A huge problem with on season too I find anyway is being equal with stuff. Like, older members I tend to know their personalities and know when they are just joking, but a new member would see that post and take it seriously and report. Then we have the situation of...if we let it go then the newbies think we are favoring older members and see older members getting away with stuff so copy...then they end up punished as their post does NOT come across as a joke. Then we have 'X did this and got away with it and I did the same and got banned' and that.

****ing minefield really. But I genuinely do not think this year has been anywhere near as bad as it usually is.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-07-2017, 03:18 PM #120
another vice

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Jordan
another vice

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Jordan

I wouldn't care about being called a 'catlady' tbh because cats slay, but it's obvious that some people use it to describe the older women who all support/vote for a particular housemate and I think it's slyly used as digs at people on here but use the 'it's just on fb' as a cover-up

Also @ Vicky for all the explanations

Last edited by caprimint; 01-07-2017 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:26 PM #121
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

I dont think Ive ever used the phrase facebook catladies, but I never saw it as an insult..
I've always found DS to have a more serious demographic, Twitter to have a younger demographic, Tibb to have a camper demographic, and Facebook to have a more older, female demographic.. and each of those four usually tend to have different opinions to one another. I just assumed it was the nickname to describe the typical Facebook point of view...
they appeared to be the majority of Jason fans, whilst tibb preferred Jayne, Twitter preferred Evelyn and DS preferred Andy - with Hughie getting a little bit of love all round, and I have no idea where Jackson got his votes
So when people use the term facebook cat ladies, I assume they mean people who typically prefer Jason-like characters... whereas if somebody mentioned the twitter-crowd, I'd assume they'd be talking about fans of the more model/reality star housemates.
Maybe they need a new nickname but Ive never seen the harm in it personally
Old 01-07-2017, 03:28 PM #122
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

If you want to think that that's fine, but my use of the word is not directed at people on here

Discussions a bit pointless anyway since the words banned from being used now
Old 01-07-2017, 03:28 PM #123
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

From now on Facebook Hags will be the go-to term

Old 01-07-2017, 03:53 PM #124
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

Quote:
Yes this is a big problem too actually.

There was an example of this just last night. One member posted something and was reported by a couple of people within seconds. A few mins later another member posted EXACTLY the same thing and no reports or anything despite the same people that reported the first one replying to the second one
Wow ,its time this was clamped down on and stopped
Old 01-07-2017, 03:53 PM #125

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley. View Post
Ah alright. You're allowed to call young women "slags" and "*****s", because that's how it's always been. It's not on. It's disgusting. You're supposed to be setting an example.
I have not called them slags ,I called them slappers once,and that is because they were acting like slappers, and why should I be setting an example ? I'm not perfect ,nor profess to be, we are all adult well supposed to be so,don't place the blame on me for other peoples reactions, don't come here pretending you are a saint,because you are not.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
forum, happening