Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2010 [S7] Series 7 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor, won by Matt Cardle. Runner up was Rebecca Ferguson. Third was One Direction.

Old 26-11-2010, 10:23 AM #1

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):

Default How will Simon spin a Wagner win?

There is no way Simon could possibly spin it into a positive like he does every year and its going to ruin any shred of credibility the show has left and will have a knock on effect on the USA show. I don't believe the rumours that he's in the top half of voting because he was last announced through last week and usually last through ends up in the bottom 2 the following week. I think the stories have been put out there to have the "I won't vote because everyone else is" effect but it could also have the adverse effect and people voting more to seal his win. So in such a situation, how could Simon spin it into a positive and will it signal the end of the show?

I actually hope he wins. Firstly so Louis has another winning act and secondly to see Simon & Cheryl's faces. It would be one of those epic TV gold moments where you know its going to go down in history, but would also signal X Factor becoming a victim of its own success.

Last edited by Tom; 26-11-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 10:26 AM #2
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I don't know what he could say tbh It will make the show look like a big joke and it will be Simons own fault for allowing him to be in the live shows in favour of actual talent.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 10:36 AM #3

He'd only have himself to blame. This is why sending through these joke acts isn't always the 'entertaining' thing to do. People start to give them support when their favourites go out and it's wrong to be quite frank. Fair enough, on SCD, the celebrities have their money, they're getting paid to be on their... if they win or lose isn't really going to effect their lives greatly. But on the X factor normal everyday people are actually trying to break away from their lives and have a career, doing something that they want to do. They might do a little bit after the show but it's pretty much guaranteed that if you don't win the X Factor, you're going to be forgotten about within 2 years. It's unfair that Wagner is still in the competition over people that have worked their whole lives to achieve their dreams and actually have a natural talent. I don't even want to imagine Wagner coming back onto the show next year with his debut album and single... even him just releasing the X Factor winning single is a horrid idea. Please get rid of him now

Last edited by Lewis.; 26-11-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Lewis. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 11:19 AM #4
V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

It wouldn't be the end of X Factor.

X Factor has another few series to go up to 2014.
But they'd just become stricter with who they pick.
Old 26-11-2010, 12:11 PM #5
User tanned

Favourites:
BB11: Corin
X Factor 2010: Rebecca Ferguson

User tanned

Favourites:

I don't see how any true XF fan would want him to win. Its like you want to sabotage the show.

But its obvious that you don't need to win XF to be a big success so it's not so crucial anymore. If he won he'd still flop musically. The winner just gets a load of expectations on them and maybe less freedom to do their own thing....although Alexandra always claims she got everything she wanted on her album.

Simon can very easily detach himself from the winner. He doesnt have to justify it because the voters chose him. All Simon owes him is a chance to record an album and an appearance on the next XF. Beyond that he can put little effort into Wagner if he likes.

Simon will be more interested in One direction whatever position they finish.
Zippy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 12:23 PM #6

Favourites (more):
BB11: Josie
CBB7: Alex

Favourites (more):
BB11: Josie
CBB7: Alex

oh they will do the winners single with a LOT of tuning and sound engineering, it is possible that they will find a niche for him , obviously the winners single is always mediocre rubbish anyway, but if they manage to produce one memorable hit comedy video/single wagner could be quite popular....a few good club remixes should help . it could become fairly cool to like him in an ironic way for a month or two. then a couple of years of turning up on cheap tv shows niki graeme style....then forgotten...oh he will get a coke problem and get into fights in night clubs and be news of the world fodder for a while too......it's inevitable, in fact that will happen anyway trust me.

Last edited by Jamietwo; 26-11-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Jamietwo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 12:37 PM #7
Banned

Favourites (more):
UBB: Nikki
BB11: Mario

Banned

Favourites (more):
UBB: Nikki
BB11: Mario

He won't let Wagner win.
Stacey. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 12:57 PM #8

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey.x View Post
He won't let Wagner win.
Ultimately its up to the public and most of Wagner's votes are coming from protest votes so regardless of the order he performs in, the song he does or the way he's portrayed in his VT, he's going to get votes.
Old 26-11-2010, 01:02 PM #9
User tanned

Favourites:

User tanned

Favourites:

The judges slagging him off will only get him more votes. I hope they now realise that.

And plz stop pretending he's funny. Ann whiddecombe is funny to watch but he certainly is not.
Zippy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 01:35 PM #10
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):
BB17: Chelsea
I'maCeleb2015: Jorgie Porter

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):
BB17: Chelsea
I'maCeleb2015: Jorgie Porter

Wagner ftw

Sig stretching forum, fix it.
Legend killer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 01:51 PM #11

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Maybe it would be best for Simon to take the public vote away from the public all together,as all they seem to want to do is get 'one up' on Simon every year,it is now boring and childish,people are blaming the judges,yet it is the public who are voting to keep Wagner in,what a total farce they are making of this show,LOL and they think all this will 'hurt' Simon,will it hell,more controversy,more publicity,Simon will not lose out by Wagner winning but the public might.It maybe best with a panel of judges voting at some point during the show.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 02:04 PM #12

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazanne View Post
Maybe it would be best for Simon to take the public vote away from the public all together,as all they seem to want to do is get 'one up' on Simon every year,it is now boring and childish,people are blaming the judges,yet it is the public who are voting to keep Wagner in,what a total farce they are making of this show,LOL and they think all this will 'hurt' Simon,will it hell,more controversy,more publicity,Simon will not lose out by Wagner winning but the public might.It maybe best with a panel of judges voting at some point during the show.
Simon knows what he's doing when these novelty acts go through but by week 6/7 they're gone but now we're 2 weeks away from the final and he's still in. Obviously as I said the newspaper reports could just be a red herring to ensure he's out this weekend but on the off chance they're not, it will teach Simon a valuable lesson to not have any novelty acts making the live shows next year. Louis could have easily chosen Elisha as his wildcard and if its a genuine singing competition he would have. I have the feeling that Shirlena was meant to be this years novelty act but she couldn't get past the shrinks and her replacement is pretty much Wagner.

The novelty act is something we have every year but it seems this year Simon might have lost control of it.

Last edited by Tom; 26-11-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 26-11-2010, 03:45 PM #13
Stoned Member

Stoned Member

It'll go something like this:

You are what this competition is all about. You know, if someone told me four months ago that you'd be the winner I'd've told them they were mad. But absolutely the right person won. Well done. *shows big white teeth and claps* I'd just like to say, for all those doubting you, you know *looks back at audience*... you come here every week, you smile, and you give it your all. And the public saw something special in you. *runs away to America*

In a closed society where everybody's guilty,
the only crime is getting caught.
In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.

-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Dr.Gonzo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 03:54 PM #14
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post

You are what this competition is all about. You know, if someone told me four months ago that you'd be the winner I'd've told them they were mad. But absolutely the right person won. Well done. *shows big white teeth and claps* I'd just like to say, for all those doubting you, you know *looks back at audience*... you come here every week, you smile, and you give it your all. And the public saw something special in you. *runs away to America*
that post is so true.

I'm a sick bitch.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 04:39 PM #15
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB14: Charlie
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB14: Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post

yes, and back in reality Wagner would probably really have won because the public don't like Simon anymore!!! or at least they are tired of him fiddling things

Last edited by fruit_cake; 26-11-2010 at 04:40 PM.
fruit_cake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 04:42 PM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
There is no way Simon could possibly spin it into a positive like he does every year and its going to ruin any shred of credibility the show has left and will have a knock on effect on the USA show. I don't believe the rumours that he's in the top half of voting because he was last announced through last week and usually last through ends up in the bottom 2 the following week. I think the stories have been put out there to have the "I won't vote because everyone else is" effect but it could also have the adverse effect and people voting more to seal his win. So in such a situation, how could Simon spin it into a positive and will it signal the end of the show?

I actually hope he wins. Firstly so Louis has another winning act and secondly to see Simon & Cheryl's faces. It would be one of those epic TV gold moments where you know its going to go down in history, but would also signal X Factor becoming a victim of its own success.
I agree with you Tom.

Wagner to win!!
Beastie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 04:43 PM #17
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

I think if Wagner made it to the final week, he'd be in an unfortunate accident during rehearsals and be unable to perform

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 04:45 PM #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamhxo View Post
I don't know what he could say tbh It will make the show look like a big joke and it will be Simons own fault for allowing him to be in the live shows in favour of actual talent.
I agree. There was a woman in Louis's category who actually was a good singer and they didn't put through!

It will be Simon's fault. They think they can make a joke out of people who are not talented and also get their own way for hoping to get a decent winner too!

Can't get the best of both worlds. It is Wagner's ONLY chance to secure a record deal.

Matt and Rebecca, if they don't win they are still sure of securing a record deal.

Matt is better than Simon Cowell's label anyway. He will end up releasing some trash if he is signed by Cowell.
Old 26-11-2010, 04:47 PM #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis. View Post
He'd only have himself to blame. This is why sending through these joke acts isn't always the 'entertaining' thing to do. People start to give them support when their favourites go out and it's wrong to be quite frank. Fair enough, on SCD, the celebrities have their money, they're getting paid to be on their... if they win or lose isn't really going to effect their lives greatly. But on the X factor normal everyday people are actually trying to break away from their lives and have a career, doing something that they want to do. They might do a little bit after the show but it's pretty much guaranteed that if you don't win the X Factor, you're going to be forgotten about within 2 years. It's unfair that Wagner is still in the competition over people that have worked their whole lives to achieve their dreams and actually have a natural talent. I don't even want to imagine Wagner coming back onto the show next year with his debut album and single... even him just releasing the X Factor winning single is a horrid idea. Please get rid of him now
No. If people are ACTUALLY good enough they will get signed. Look at Olly Murs, look at Diana Vickers, look at Stacey Soloman on IAC.

The wrong winner tends to win the X Factor most years anyway.

Wagner won't be any worse than forgettable Steve and Leon.
Old 26-11-2010, 04:50 PM #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
The judges slagging him off will only get him more votes. I hope they now realise that.

And plz stop pretending he's funny. Ann whiddecombe is funny to watch but he certainly is not.
I am not much of a Wagner fan. I am still pissed off that Nicolo went out first in the first week

I just think it would be funny if Wagner won. I do like The X Factor. But the good decent singers like Matt would do better than being with Simon Cowell's record label.
Old 26-11-2010, 04:54 PM #21

Quote:
Simon knows what he's doing when these novelty acts go through but by week 6/7 they're gone but now we're 2 weeks away from the final and he's still in. Obviously as I said the newspaper reports could just be a red herring to ensure he's out this weekend but on the off chance they're not, it will teach Simon a valuable lesson to not have any novelty acts making the live shows next year. Louis could have easily chosen Elisha as his wildcard and if its a genuine singing competition he would have. I have the feeling that Shirlena was meant to be this years novelty act but she couldn't get past the shrinks and her replacement is pretty much Wagner.

The novelty act is something we have every year but it seems this year Simon might have lost control of it.
This. That Elisha was the best singer and should have made the top 3 of Louis's choices. However she was a good singer but didn't have much of a "connection". A bit like Treyc.
Yeah Simon has lost control. Him and the judges would expect for Wagner to just make the halfway point.
However maybe Simon doesn't care? I mean he saved Jedward over Lucie Jones? He probably does think the public will make the RIGHT decision. However with the power of facebook and protesters against the show, Wagner COULD secure a win!

However is there only 30 thousand people on that facebook campaign? I think Wagner will need a lot more fans to secure a win!!

Also.. to be honest.. I do think Wagner will come 4th or 5th. Don't think he will make the final but would be funny if he did.
Old 26-11-2010, 04:56 PM #22

Quote:
Ultimately its up to the public and most of Wagner's votes are coming from protest votes so regardless of the order he performs in, the song he does or the way he's portrayed in his VT, he's going to get votes.
Wagner has to stay out of the bottom 3 or else he is gone. Cowell normally gets what he wants. You could put a 'supergroup' of black artists from this year who have been rejected by Cowell, for no other reason that he wants to back Cheryl's choices to the hilt (Rebecca obviously is the exception). Treyc, John, Paige, and not forgetting Gamu and all the other perfectly good black singers that were rejected out of sight during auditions. This is not a 'race' rant'. It is fact. So if Wagner upsets the applecart, so be it.
robb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 04:57 PM #23

Quote:
Wagner has to stay out of the bottom 3 or else he is gone. Cowell normally gets what he wants. You could put a 'supergroup' of black artists from this year who have been rejected by Cowell, for no other reason that he wants to back Cheryl's choices to the hilt (Rebecca obviously is the exception).LETS CALL THEM THE DISPOSABLES..... Treyc, John, Paige, and not forgetting Gamu and all the other perfectly good black singers that were rejected out of sight during auditions. This is not a 'race' rant'. It is fact. So if Wagner upsets the applecart, so be it.
robb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
simon, spin, wagner, win