Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:37 PM #26

Ch4NewsHD
confirmed the 25 year old was Chubby , Dressed in Black
and saying "my lighters .... the Cats.... the Cats"
he may been on Meds or Drugs

Last edited by arista; 05-09-2014 at 11:34 AM.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:52 PM #27
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Pretty scary

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:56 PM #28

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
Good thing i never go in my garden!
:mooriah:
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:08 PM #29
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

It's really scary.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:36 PM #30
-

-

This is clearly horrific but seriously, was there really any need to point out that it's "probably not terrorism"? why would it be terrorism?? Are we, as a nation, now such collectively ****ing thick little sheep that it's expected that people will scream "OH NOES A TERRORISM!!" simply because they've encountered a terrorism-related buzzword?

Actually, no need to answer that. A company-wide memo was sent around at my work stating that any "unidentified packages" noticed anywhere (country wide...) must not be touched, because the threat level has been raised so they might be bombs planted by terrorists. For ****ing ****'s sake. There's got to be a likelihood of something like 0.00000000001%.

MAYBE IT'S A BOMB OOOORRRR probably it's Hovis and a pint of milk.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:41 PM #31
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

^ i think it more has to do with the fact that we are on red alert for terrorism

and then we've already had to deal with two beheadings over the past 2 weeks... people might just link the two.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:51 PM #32
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
This is clearly horrific but seriously, was there really any need to point out that it's "probably not terrorism"? why would it be terrorism?? Are we, as a nation, now such collectively ****ing thick little sheep that it's expected that people will scream "OH NOES A TERRORISM!!" simply because they've encountered a terrorism-related buzzword?

Actually, no need to answer that. A company-wide memo was sent around at my work stating that any "unidentified packages" noticed anywhere (country wide...) must not be touched, because the threat level has been raised so they might be bombs planted by terrorists. For ****ing ****'s sake. There's got to be a likelihood of something like 0.00000000001%.

I saw (through one of my FB friends who commented on it) that 'Britain First' posted this story on their facebook. All the top comments were people saying stuff like "got Muslim all over it" and "smells like the religion of peace" with all of these comments getting hundreds of likes. After the Lee Rigby murder and with what's happening with IS people are now beginning to equate decapitation with Islamic extremism
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:53 PM #33
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

^ Britain First is a horrifically embarrassing group on FB that is just full of small minded racist idiots.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:00 PM #34
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninastar View Post
^ i think it more has to do with the fact that we are on red alert for terrorism

and then we've already had to deal with two beheadings over the past 2 weeks... people might just link the two.
That's how I read it too.
lily. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:20 PM #35
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily. View Post
That's how I read it too.
i thought it was at first. I've been waiting for something like this to happen for a while.

Wouldn't surprise me if it happens again soon.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:28 PM #36
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

He decapitated a cat too

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:38 PM #37
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:

The buzzword being 'decapitation' ?

How many times in recent years have you heard this term and what was it in reference to? Far from being thick or sheep it is a logical conclusion given the growing tension over the last week.
Those memos have circulated around workplaces for years, it it important to remain vigilant especially if your workplace is a possible target.
Whatever the likelihood it costs nothing to keep your eyes and your ears open.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:28 PM #38
User banned

User banned

tragic story ...i cant bear to read the gory details..........
ps never liked london, worst part of the uk
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:09 AM #39
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
The buzzword being 'decapitation' ?

How many times in recent years have you heard this term and what was it in reference to? Far from being thick or sheep it is a logical conclusion given the growing tension over the last week.
Those memos have circulated around workplaces for years, it it important to remain vigilant especially if your workplace is a possible target.
Whatever the likelihood it costs nothing to keep your eyes and your ears open.
OK so because soldiers and war journalists have been decapitated in the middle east by terrorists, it logically follows that an old woman murdered in her garden would also be terrorists? No, it doesn't. The aim of terrorism is to spread illogical and irrational fear... Terror... And hey look, it's working.

My work place is realistically NOT a possible terrorist target. That's my point. The memo is completely and utterly paranoid and stupid. It's stopping people from just getting on with their lives WITHOUT FEAR and giving terrorists absolutely everything that they want.

The next time I see an abandoned Morrison's bag in my workplace, I'm going to film myself opening it. Carelessly. With my face. I am that sure that it won't "be a bomb". Or perhaps the cunning hiding place of a machete wielding Muslim.

As for how many times I've read about decapitation and dismemberments in recent years? Too many. Off the top of my head (excuse the pun) : a head found on a beach, head in a freezer, body cut to pieces in a suitcase, and a poor mentally disabled woman decapitated by two junkies in a flat "for a laugh". It's not common of course but it happens, and it's usually not suspected to be Islamic terrorism, because it OBVIOUSLY ISN'T.

But yeah... Manic paranoia successfully spread. Terrorists 1, stupid British public 0.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:05 AM #40

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Just heard this woman was 82,bless her,how awful.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:23 AM #41

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
The Voice: Jermain Jackman

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
The Voice: Jermain Jackman

The Sun says he was an Islam convert, he's beheaded 2 cats and this poor lady....so so sad
rubymoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:37 AM #42

Old 05-09-2014, 12:03 PM #43
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
OK so because soldiers and war journalists have been decapitated in the middle east by terrorists, it logically follows that an old woman murdered in her garden would also be terrorists? No, it doesn't. The aim of terrorism is to spread illogical and irrational fear... Terror... And hey look, it's working.

My work place is realistically NOT a possible terrorist target. That's my point. The memo is completely and utterly paranoid and stupid. It's stopping people from just getting on with their lives WITHOUT FEAR and giving terrorists absolutely everything that they want.

The next time I see an abandoned Morrison's bag in my workplace, I'm going to film myself opening it. Carelessly. With my face. I am that sure that it won't "be a bomb". Or perhaps the cunning hiding place of a machete wielding Muslim.

As for how many times I've read about decapitation and dismemberments in recent years? Too many. Off the top of my head (excuse the pun) : a head found on a beach, head in a freezer, body cut to pieces in a suitcase, and a poor mentally disabled woman decapitated by two junkies in a flat "for a laugh". It's not common of course but it happens, and it's usually not suspected to be Islamic terrorism, because it OBVIOUSLY ISN'T.

But yeah... Manic paranoia successfully spread. Terrorists 1, stupid British public 0.
I said as the 'buzzword' decapitation had been used it was understandable for some to establish an initial theory is all.
To engage the public and request their support in counter terrorism, industrial espionage and being aware generally of suspicious behaviour has been requested many times as far back as WW1...
Being aware of a potential threat isn't living in fear... being ignorant to the fact there is a threat is scary.
I don't appreciate it being alluded to that those who are vigilant and aware of the threat are 'stupid', radicalisation of homegrown disenfranchised young people is real and the impact on communities and society as a whole immense.

You stick your head in that carrier bag, make sure you remove it from the sand first.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:21 PM #44
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I said as the 'buzzword' decapitation had been used it was understandable for some to establish an initial theory is all.
To engage the public and request their support in counter terrorism, industrial espionage and being aware generally of suspicious behaviour has been requested many times as far back as WW1...
Being aware of a potential threat isn't living in fear... being ignorant to the fact there is a threat is scary.
I don't appreciate it being alluded to that those who are vigilant and aware of the threat are 'stupid', radicalisation of homegrown disenfranchised young people is real and the impact on communities and society as a whole immense.

You stick your head in that carrier bag, make sure you remove it from the sand first.
The intention of terrorism is to create a culture of fear and the constant media undercurrent that wants to link absolutely everything to "Terrorism" or "Radical Islam" plays right into that culture of fear, thereby ensuring the success of terrorism itself. It is "understandable" for some to create that link, but it's only understandable because of the preceeding media chatter surrounding decapitation in warzones. If we hadn't seen these news stories in recent weeks, would many people have heard about this poor woman and immediately started to bleat "teeeerrrrrrrorism!!"? I very much doubt it. Because logically, there is clearly no link, other than perhaps that an already disturbed individual has taken these news events as some sort of twisted inspiration.

The idea that we all need to be extra vigilant and on the lookout for explosives throughout the day is also ludicrous. Like seeing people visibly **** themselves every time they saw a black person sneeze during the "Ebola outbreak". Which is, of course, no more or less contained now than it was two weeks ago, but y'know... It's not too skaywee anymore because it's on page 7 now and beheading and bombs are in the headlines, so that's the scary thing now innit?

Again, it all plays right into that paranoia and fear culture, which all too often then ends up spiraling into xenophobia and casual racism, further alienating individuals and strengthening ACTUAL terrorist rhetoric.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:22 PM #45
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
The intention of terrorism is to create a culture of fear and the constant media undercurrent that wants to link absolutely everything to "Terrorism" or "Radical Islam" plays right into that culture of fear, thereby ensuring the success of terrorism itself. It is "understandable" for some to create that link, but it's only understandable because of the preceeding media chatter surrounding decapitation in warzones. If we hadn't seen these news stories in recent weeks, would many people have heard about this poor woman and immediately started to bleat "teeeerrrrrrrorism!!"? I very much doubt it. Because logically, there is clearly no link, other than perhaps that an already disturbed individual has taken these news events as some sort of twisted inspiration.

The idea that we all need to be extra vigilant and on the lookout for explosives throughout the day is also ludicrous. Like seeing people visibly **** themselves every time they saw a black person sneeze during the "Ebola outbreak". Which is, of course, no more or less contained now than it was two weeks ago, but y'know... It's not too skaywee anymore because it's on page 7 now and beheading and bombs are in the headlines, so that's the scary thing now innit?

Again, it all plays right into that paranoia and fear culture, which all too often then ends up spiraling into xenophobia and casual racism, further alienating individuals and strengthening ACTUAL terrorist rhetoric.
Nobody is bleating, giving a supercilious response to everyone who holds a different view to yourself is more than a little disconcerting.
An already twisted individual, let's look at that how do people get twisted... what is the process.. If terrorism in the guise of radicalisation to extremest ideology isn't an immediate threat how are western British Muslims persuaded to leave, train and return?
I'm going to ignore your section on the Ebola outbreak as it's not relevant here.
Whether or not some uninformed or ignorant people blame all Muslims for the actions of extremists is no reason to not be vigilant and aware that there is a threat, it need not impact on your day to day life... it just asks that you are open to the fact it can and has happened.

Last edited by Kizzy; 05-09-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:53 PM #46

This is horrendous, utterly shocked me to the core. Not saying that where I live is "nicer" than London as everywhere has their problems, but I'm really glad I live somewhere "small" where something like this happening is almost unthinkable. Poor, poor lady. R.I.P.

Last edited by LaLaLand; 05-09-2014 at 03:53 PM.
LaLaLand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:00 PM #47
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

If this beheading had happened at any other time, other than a RED ALERT for terrorism, I'm sure a lot more people would not think it's terrorism.

I don't think it makes the UK stupid for thinking it was a terrorist attack. It's good to be aware that this type of stuff can happen. It would be naive to think that this never happens.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:11 PM #48
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninastar View Post
If this beheading had happened at any other time, other than a RED ALERT for terrorism, I'm sure a lot more people would not think it's terrorism.
But that is exactly my point. People are seeing ghosts in every window, because someone's told them that the castle is haunted. It's the whole purpose of terrorism - to make people fear attack. To see threats and danger at every turn when in reality the chances of being directly affected by such an attack are incredibly low.

I'm not being naive or saying that terrorist attacks don't happen. I'm just saying that it's frankly bizarre that news sources have to point out, in cases like this, that it's "probably not related to the terrorism alert level". That it has to be, pointed out that it's highly unlikely for there to have been a complex, multi-layer terrorist cell plot to murder an old lady and some cats.

This is continuing and perpetuating an illusion of constant danger where there is (effectively) none. You are more likely to crash your car and die driving home, or suffer from random cardiac failure right this very second, than you are to be killed or injured in a terrorist attack. "red alert" or not.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:57 PM #49

Nothing from the Police , yet.

I think he is mental case of a 25 year old
who got inspired by ISIS
could be on meds or drugs.
Not a Terrorist

The Police had to Taser him
Old 05-09-2014, 05:09 PM #50

From ITV1 London News

A man viewed the crazy 25 year old going towards him
he said it was like he was looking through me.
Then the 25 year old ran
as police were chasing him.

Before that 82 year old was hacked to death
he had killed a cat.

The 82 year old run a Local Cafe
every day with others from her family

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
beheaded, garden, london, north, woman