Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB18 Big Brother 18 UK was shown on Channel 5 in June and July 2017, and was won by Isabelle with Raph second. Discuss the series here.

Old 15-06-2017, 02:24 PM #251

Favourites (more):
BB18: Sukhvinder
BB14: Dexter

Favourites (more):
BB18: Sukhvinder
BB14: Dexter

She's not lying though. Generally in society the view has been adopted that black people, particularly black women are aggressive without it ever really being backed up with proof. Granted Hannah and Deborah could display anger like any other individual, but the fact is they'll be demonised a lot of the time before they've even had their first argument. If you look at comments on YouTube or Facebook from the first week there were people calling them hoodrats, ghetto and even one saying "loud angry and wig wearing"... and this was at a point where the vast majority were saying they'd not even made the highlights shows. The same thing happened to Toya, Adjoa and Natalie. Undoubtedly both Natalie and Toya had big fights and blow ups, but considering their fights were against equally 'aggressive' people like Hughie and Ash, who received cheers and positive receptions off the audience shows the inequality and existing racism within modern british society. People can deny it but it's just illuminated by someone like Adjoa being a first evictee and getting such an awful response whilst male housemates who threatened women manage to make it far and receive praise. I mean I even find myself in situations where a conflict arises and I'll speak up and suddenly told I have "the attitude" as if every black person universally holds some awful aggressive side... Kieran could walk up and shove Deborah, but lord knows if she shoves him back people would be baying for her 'aggressive' race card playing blood.
Old 15-06-2017, 02:29 PM #252
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullens123 View Post
She's not lying though. Generally in society the view has been adopted that black people, particularly black women are aggressive without it ever really being backed up with proof. Granted Hannah and Deborah could display anger like any other individual, but the fact is they'll be demonised a lot of the time before they've even had their first argument. If you look at comments on YouTube or Facebook from the first week there were people calling them hoodrats, ghetto and even one saying "loud angry and wig wearing"... and this was at a point where the vast majority were saying they'd not even made the highlights shows. The same thing happened to Toya, Adjoa and Natalie. Undoubtedly both Natalie and Toya had big fights and blow ups, but considering their fights were against equally 'aggressive' people like Hughie and Ash, who received cheers and positive receptions off the audience shows the inequality and existing racism within modern british society. People can deny it but it's just illuminated by someone like Adjoa being a first evictee and getting such an awful response whilst male housemates who threatened women manage to make it far and receive praise. I mean I even find myself in situations where a conflict arises and I'll speak up and suddenly told I have "the attitude" as if every black person universally holds some awful aggressive side... Kieran could walk up and shove Deborah, but lord knows if she shoves him back people would be baying for her 'aggressive' race card playing blood.
Great post, spot on

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 02:36 PM #253

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Niall
BBUSA20: Haleigh

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Still bitter that Christian didn;t get through tbh. He was my fave by a bloody mile/ I remember when Sara was put through and I was like..wtf shes rubbish compared to others who were turned down. I believe it was the first live show that she changed my mind But I was like that with Diana Vickers too...thought she was a bad pick at judges houses then the first live show she was amazing...
Christian was easily the best singer especially in the male category which was surprisingly weak (though freddy is my fave) and I have know idea how honey g and bratavio got through and he didn't!!!
ethanjames is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 02:36 PM #254
0_o

0_o

Quote:
I think its more sexism than racism tbh. Men get away with stuff far more than women do on BB.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 02:37 PM #255

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
exactly well done!!!!
ethanjames is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 02:37 PM #256
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I think its more sexism than racism tbh. Men get away with stuff far more than women do on BB.
White women do get away with being labelled aggressive as much or as quickly as black women though tbf

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 15-06-2017, 02:40 PM #257
0_o

0_o

Quote:
White women do get away with being labelled aggressive as much or as quickly as black women though tbf
Well yes, BUT, BB have a habit of only casting stereotypical black women. Ones who do actually fit the aggressive angry person slot. **** knows why they do this. Adjoa didn't seem to fit the mould tbf, but I couldn't warm to her because of her constant pussy talks and that (and I wouldn't warm to a guy who spoke that way either)
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 15-06-2017, 02:43 PM #258
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
tell that to Scottish women
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 02:43 PM #259
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
tell that to Scottish women

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 15-06-2017, 02:44 PM #260
another vice

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Jordan
another vice

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Jordan

This girl is ridiculous
caprimint is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 02:44 PM #261
0_o

0_o

Fairly certain I would be labelled aggressive if I was on the show. even when just speaking I tend to be very loud and I am horrendous when in full blown argument mode. And I swear a lot in general too. And would have no issue using the dreaded 'c word' towards someone as I use it often :S

I would be hated within minutes I reckon
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 15-06-2017 at 02:46 PM.
Old 15-06-2017, 03:01 PM #262
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Fairly certain I would be labelled aggressive if I was on the show. even when just speaking I tend to be very loud and I am horrendous when in full blown argument mode. And I swear a lot in general too. And would have no issue using the dreaded 'c word' towards someone as I use it often :S

I would be hated within minutes I reckon
you would be draped all over Lotan in a sickening showmance
Old 15-06-2017, 03:05 PM #263
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Ew no thanks. I don't tend to like 'pretty boys'
Quote:
Quote:
Old 15-06-2017, 04:41 PM #264
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samm View Post
this thread is going to have 10 pages by midday tomorrow

Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 04:43 PM #265
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samm View Post
Sam is a name associated with oracles
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 04:50 PM #266
how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

Some black people grew up in segments of society that interact differently, what is deemed "aggressive" by white people may not be deemed as such in their own community. I don't blame a black woman for refusing to be walked over or disregarded by a white man or woman.
Old 15-06-2017, 04:59 PM #267
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRyan View Post
Some black people grew up in segments of society that interact differently, what is deemed "aggressive" by white people may not be deemed as such in their own community. I don't blame a black woman for refusing to be walked over or disregarded by a white man or woman.
Some black people grew up in segments of society that interact differently

say what?
Old 15-06-2017, 04:59 PM #268
Nah

Nah

Has she watched Helen Wood in BB15?
She was mad extra and aggressive, and wasn't black (unless I missed something?)

She is full of sh!t, she knows she is dry and boring so she creates drama and tries to make herself relevant. I used to like the sisters but now they are abusing.

YES honey, you were hella extra and mad for no reason.
Old 15-06-2017, 06:06 PM #269

Quote:
Are people on here still pretending that Lotan is straight?
ThriceShy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 06:20 PM #270
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post
anyone aggressive black or white gets voted off, no one likes aggressive people no matter what colour they are
Just seen this, skimmed the thread before. Bloody Helen won the show and was possibly the most aggressive housemate we have ever had :/
Quote:
Quote:
Old 15-06-2017, 06:37 PM #271
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Just seen this, skimmed the thread before. Bloody Helen won the show and was possibly the most aggressive housemate we have ever had :/
Helen was just misunderstood ..... ask Brian
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 06:53 PM #272
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Remy View Post
Has she watched Helen Wood in BB15?
She was mad extra and aggressive, and wasn't black (unless I missed something?)

She is full of sh!t, she knows she is dry and boring so she creates drama and tries to make herself relevant. I used to like the sisters but now they are abusing.

YES honey, you were hella extra and mad for no reason.
So? the point was that it takes a lot more for white women to be labelled as aggressive than it does a black woman and Helen was a raving monster

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 15-06-2017, 07:00 PM #273

If " 10 million people telling me I am aggressive" are telling you that ( which I somehow doubt unless you have 10 million friends on Facebook) & while having an argument you are shouting & being aggressive then you probably are coming across as a tad aggressive ? No ? FFS !! Zero to do with skin tone..... it`s being aggressive me thinks she played the race card too early , could have saved it for later in the game.
number37 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 07:25 PM #274

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Kaitlyn
BBUSA19: Jessica

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Kaitlyn
BBUSA19: Jessica

Quote:
So? the point was that it takes a lot more for white women to be labelled as aggressive than it does a black woman and Helen was a raving monster
Didn't Helen have immunity, that kind of helps you keep in the house.

Greats of Big Brother

BBAU9 Estelle [avatar]
BBAU8 Brigitte
BBAU7 Aleisha
BBUS 13 Rachel
BBUK11 - Sunshine
BBUK10 - Marcus
BBUK9 - Stephanie
BBUK7 - Jennie
BBUK6 - Sam
BBUK5 - Victor
BBUK4 - Nush
BBUK3- Jonny (only saw last two weeks)
starry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 07:28 PM #275
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
Didn't Helen have immunity, that kind of helps you keep in the house.
Yeah she would have been out week 1 otherwise, shame

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
card, hannah, race