Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Survivor Discuss all versions of the CBS reality show.

Old 14-05-2020, 03:55 AM #876
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):

We love an iconic set of finalists

Old 14-05-2020, 03:56 AM #877
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Anyway the real winner for me tonight was Sophie <3

Old 14-05-2020, 04:36 AM #878
another vice

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Jordan
another vice

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Jordan

caprimint is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2020, 04:56 AM #879
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

obsessed

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2020, 05:54 AM #880
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2020, 06:13 AM #881
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
Epic

This really was iconic too

Last edited by JerseyWins; 14-05-2020 at 06:13 AM.
JerseyWins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2020, 06:18 AM #882
baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

baddie

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
suddenly I love the monarchy

armand.kay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2020, 07:36 AM #883
Nah

Nah

YESSSSSS!!!!
Thank God he won, he totally deserved it! 12-4-0 that is so good!
Jeremy being the bitter judge is so rubbish and a weak finish for him. I thought Parvati would respect game play, but she was too close to Natalie. Ethan and Tyson are irrelevant.

Tbh the ending was so intense, Natalie scared a lot of us but in the end the jury knew what was up and Tony was the King! I feared for him when Natalie came back and when Sarah delivered a strong speech at tribal council.
So happy of this ending, this season had its flaws (edge, fire tokens) and it's a stretch to call it the best ever, but overall it was a great season!

Last edited by Captain.Remy; 14-05-2020 at 07:39 AM.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2020, 08:23 AM #884
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Jeremy and Natalie are practically family at this point, he’s not bitter for voting for her to win.
Old 14-05-2020, 09:51 AM #885
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
Jeremy and Natalie are practically family at this point, he’s not bitter for voting for her to win.
It still looks weak, Tony protected him and had a bound with him. He's just mad Tony wanted to work more with Ben.
In the end it had no consequences for Tony to win, so it's all good!

I still feel a little bad for Michelle not getting a single vote. She struggled the whole time, I thought Wendell would give his vote to her.
Old 14-05-2020, 09:59 AM #886
Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Siannise

Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):

That was the best finale I've ever seen, the final 3 were perfect

Tony's win was predictable but deserving. I felt SO bad for Michelle, someone could've thrown her a sympathy vote but I guess they didn't wanna get hate on Twitter. She didn't even play a bad game, if anything her and Natalie had the hardest journey's to the final. Tony had it easy the majority of the game, it really shows when he said the worst thing that happened to him was being extorted for 6 fire tokens. But he also had the benefit of being a good talker and making the jury laugh.

Also FUQ Boston Rob, he really came across as an a-hole this season. Tbh Idk what he was like before Island of The Idols but the back handed Natalie comment wasn't necessary.

Why would Natalie have given up her secured spot in final 3 to battle Tony? Just cause Chris did it? She EARNED her spot by winning immunity she shouldn't have to give it up.

I'm also sick of all this talk in the last few seasons of how appreciative they are for the women in the world and how they have mothers and daughters, but it has no real meaning in the end when men have won season after season and sometimes not deservedly so.

And NOT 16 and 17 year old for next season that's just a disaster waiting to happen. They have like no life experience so what the hell will they talk about in their interviews? I don't wanna generalise but like, they're not gonna have many life skills to bring to the game are they? Also unless they come from like poor backgrounds, I find it really hard to imagine they'll be able to cope.

Last edited by Wizard.; 14-05-2020 at 10:00 AM.
Wizard. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2020, 10:12 AM #887
Nah

Nah

In regards to Natalie not giving up her immunity, I was glad she didn't because if she did and won the fire making challenge, she would have won the season. She earned her spot rightfully.
And really S38 was bad enough to crown a dude who spent his life on the Edge to have another winner who followed that path.
Old 14-05-2020, 11:06 AM #888
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
This finale has been VERY GOOD but not because of Tony at all lol like it was the Lacina One Woman Show featuring Ben, Natalie, and Michele. Tony's just been a boring gamebot sorry.
How is he just a gamebot? I know don't you don't like him but credit should be given where credit is due.
He has loads of charisma that made people stick with him, he won the most challenges (how refreshing to have a winner that actually did well in that part of the competition), he had zero votes against him, he still got away with the spy nest despite doing that trick twice before, he called most of the eliminations he attended, made super valid points at the last TC and he saved himself when Natalie was his biggest threat (how funny is it that Natalie thought she was giving them lies from the Edge only to be beat so hardly at the end from the same people on the Edge).
On a personal side, he's a nice funny dude and when he beat Sarah he was really emotional. The true MVP of the season.

And he didn't need to make the finale more entertaining, he only had to stay calm and get it right. Obviously the edit was more focused on Natalie and Michele, but he already did all the necessary work before.
Old 14-05-2020, 03:52 PM #889
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly

like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2020, 04:24 PM #890
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post

I bet we'll get an all-female season one day just so Jeff can say Survivor is a progressive TV show
Though him admitting he's done shady stuff in the past was a nice thing to do. Kudos to Sarah for pointing that out so clearly and getting her point across.
Old 14-05-2020, 04:36 PM #891
Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):

Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Remy View Post

I bet we'll get an all-female season one day just so Jeff can say Survivor is a progressive TV show
Though him admitting he's done shady stuff in the past was a nice thing to do. Kudos to Sarah for pointing that out so clearly and getting her point across.
It kind of seem forced though like she was trying to justify to the jury why she wasn't cutting Tony out
Old 14-05-2020, 05:02 PM #892
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard. View Post
It kind of seem forced though like she was trying to justify to the jury why she wasn't cutting Tony out
She probably wanted to save that for the last tribal council but Natalie coming back and saying all those things to her probably made her change her mind. Had she landed in the final three and delivered that speech, she would have gotten a lot of votes.
But still, a little readjusting when it comes to gender bias is always appreciated.
Old 14-05-2020, 05:18 PM #893
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
How is he just a gamebot? I know don't you don't like him but credit should be given where credit is due.
He has loads of charisma that made people stick with him, he won the most challenges (how refreshing to have a winner that actually did well in that part of the competition), he had zero votes against him, he still got away with the spy nest despite doing that trick twice before, he called most of the eliminations he attended, made super valid points at the last TC and he saved himself when Natalie was his biggest threat (how funny is it that Natalie thought she was giving them lies from the Edge only to be beat so hardly at the end from the same people on the Edge).
On a personal side, he's a nice funny dude and when he beat Sarah he was really emotional. The true MVP of the season.

And he didn't need to make the finale more entertaining, he only had to stay calm and get it right. Obviously the edit was more focused on Natalie and Michele, but he already did all the necessary work before.
Preach
Old 14-05-2020, 06:56 PM #894
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It still looks weak, Tony protected him and had a bound with him. He's just mad Tony wanted to work more with Ben.
In the end it had no consequences for Tony to win, so it's all good!

I still feel a little bad for Michelle not getting a single vote. She struggled the whole time, I thought Wendell would give his vote to her.
Jeremy is *not* obligated to give Tony his vote to win over his closest Survivor friend of all time just because Tony protected him for a round or two before voting him out anyway. Like it's just factually incorrect to say his vote was bitter because he voted for someone who he's had an extremely close bond with since SJDS. The three tightest bonds entering the game were Rob/Amber, Tony/Sarah, and Jeremy/Natalie and there's literally no way any of them wouldn't vote for their partner in the end. It has nothing to do with bitterness, it has to do with relationships.

I think it is very telling about how toxic the fanbase is that they get the desired outcome that they want with a Tony win and are still mad about it because it wasn't a unanimous win. Like, we're at a point where a Juror can't vote for a runner up without receiving any backlash and that's complete bull****. Jeremy and Tyson have external relationships with Natalie, and Parvati and Ethan were never on a tribe with Tony. The votes all make sense, and yet people are making them feel like they have to somehow defend or explain their votes post-show. Tyson said it best, he would love to see a true friend win and enjoy $2,000,000 rather than an acquaintance you barely know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard. View Post
I felt SO bad for Michelle, someone could've thrown her a sympathy vote but I guess they didn't wanna get hate on Twitter.

Also FUQ Boston Rob, he really came across as an a-hole this season. Tbh Idk what he was like before Island of The Idols but the back handed Natalie comment wasn't necessary.

Why would Natalie have given up her secured spot in final 3 to battle Tony? Just cause Chris did it? She EARNED her spot by winning immunity she shouldn't have to give it up.

I'm also sick of all this talk in the last few seasons of how appreciative they are for the women in the world and how they have mothers and daughters, but it has no real meaning in the end when men have won season after season and sometimes not deservedly so.
Ooh lots to unpack here. I'll go in order:

-Michele has said in interviews that Adam, Danni, Nick, and Wendell have all told her post-show that they wanted to vote for her to win but they were afraid that having the vote split between all three of them could've let to a potential Natalie win so they just decided to further back a Tony win I don't know how fact-checked that is, but even if that's true for just one of them then it's just even more evidence that the F3 format is complete garbage and needs to be done away with. It never will, but the integrity of a Jury is ruined when the Jury is afraid to actually cast their personal votes.

-Rob's an ass who was retconned into a position of Survivor loyalty after being gifted an opportunity that no one else has received, and the two seasons that he ran strategically are both unquestionably two of the worst in franchise history! I know correlation does not inherently imply causation, but yeah he sucks.

-I can't even decide what's worse about the Natalie thing, the fact that Big Movez culture has devolved to the point where she's criticized for not giving up Immunity, or the fact that Rob in particular is so unimaginative that he derided her for not replicating Chris Underwood's game

-If Survivor is still a microcosm for the world around us, it's fitting that the show will pat itself on the back for acknowledging that there is a sexism problem while doing **** all to actually eliminate the barriers that repeatedly keep women from succeeding. Like, I think Jeff actually does want a woman to win at this pint because he recognizes that the optics of only have three female winners in the last fifteen seasons is terrible, but he's going about it the entirely wrong way and looking for women who play aggressively rather than eliminating the abundance of twists and advantages that largely help men.

And when we do get the next woman to win, she's surely going to get a coronation edit and be hailed as the best woman to EVER play the game, essentially blaming the women from the 30s for not being good enough Survivor players without actually taking a look at the issues with the show's structure and format. And after she wins, we'll get another string of male winners and everyone will just put their fingers in their ears and loudly proclaim that there's no problem because "see?! Women *can* win the show, men are just better players!!!"

Quote:

I think it's possible to acknowledge that Tony is a good Survivor player while also acknowledging that he's not exactly great television, which is the point I'm trying to make. His edit is overbearing, none of his charisma or social game was actually focused on in Cagayan which is a huge part of what actually led to his win, and he's a bit too much into the whole "ugh, why are people playing the game with emotions??? Why are we watching Sarah have a fashion show and have fun when we could be PLAYING DA GAME?!?!?!" and I don't think any of that is interesting to watch. Like, am I supposed to be entertained with yet another derivative of the spy <shelter> when we've already seen that played out twice before? He played a good game but that doesn't exactly constitute a personality trait.

And he was easily the weak point (after Denise who didn't even exist lmaooooo) in the finale in terms of objective contributions when you factor in Natalie and Michele's unlikely underdog journey to the F3, Ben basically having the arc Spencer wished he had in Cambodia and falling on his sword for Sarah, and literally everything Lacina did.
Old 14-05-2020, 07:00 PM #895
Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):

Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):

I also imagine there's NDA's but surely the jurors tell each other who they voted for and the winner already knows? it's a long time between the final tribal council and the vote reveal.
Old 14-05-2020, 07:16 PM #896
Nah

Nah

I never said Jeremy was obligated to do anything, I'm just saying that regardless of what Tony did, he would have voted for Natalie or whoever else but Tony anyway which does invalidate the process on voting for the best player...that Natalie really wasn't. I really couldn't care less for a unanimous win, and just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm a toxic fan, wtf. And if you prefer external relationships over what happens in the game, that's on you.

You can find whatever you want entertaining and that's on you, no problem with that. But he played well, has a great personality and by the looks of it deserved to win by 12 votes against 4 for his runner-up. He did what worked for him aka the shelter that really nobody thought about clocking him out for it. The edit is not his fault either, go talk to the producers about it

And in terms of contributions, he had the strongest chance of winning on the last episode purely based on everything he did up to that point. He connected with people, made them trust him (charisma that attracts people), won challenges, went searching for idols, was UNTOUCHED the whole time and still went through Natalie's tries at getting him. But I get it, you don't like him and that's fine. Just don't be mad at him for doing stuff the others couldn't do or because he had en edit you don't like. Whatever he did previously doesn't count since they were all on the same level field. He even said it himself that he didn't play like the first time...and clearly that worked very well.
Old 14-05-2020, 07:16 PM #897
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Yeah, usually everyone leaves the FTC with a general understanding of who won. There are a few exceptions, like when Skupin left Philippines and was somehow convinced that he won to the point where he leaked it to spoiler sources
Old 14-05-2020, 07:19 PM #898
Nah

Nah

Overall, it was nice sharing that Survivor season with you all! Always good to see Survivor fans out there and sharing thoughts and debate together!
Old 14-05-2020, 07:23 PM #899
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I never said Jeremy was obligated to do anything, I'm just saying that regardless of what Tony did, he would have voted for Natalie or whoever else but Tony anyway which does invalidate the process on voting for the best player...that Natalie really wasn't. I really couldn't care less for a unanimous win, and just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm a toxic fan, wtf. And if you prefer external relationships over what happens in the game, that's on you.
But who the best player is is entirely subjective and the Jury votes based off of their own experiences and their individual connections and their view of how the finalists played the game. That's why there's a Jury in the first place, because there's no inherent right or wrong answer.

And especially in a season full of returning players who run in the same circle, there's no way to separate personal relationships from the game because they bleed into each other so much and have doing so for twenty years now. Everyone comes in with pregame alliances and many other factors that inevitably affect the direction of the game. It's why Sarah was basically allowed to use her elimination as a preamble to the FTC.

And for the record, I wasn't trying to imply that you are a toxic fan that's more for the people who are proclaiming that they have lost respect for Parvati and are harassing Jeremy and Tyson on social media for not voting for Tony to win.
Old 14-05-2020, 07:24 PM #900
Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Good season, good ending.
Calderyon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic