|Celebrity Big Brother #CBB Daily Update: Day 24
Shown: Tonight, Friday 29th January, at 9pm and 10:30pm on Channel 5
On tonight’s show: Housemates must answer ringing phones for this week’s shopping task with the chance of talking to a loved one and Tiffany, Stephanie and Jeremy face eviction
Also, on tonight’s Celebrity Big Brother’s Bit On The Side at 11.05pm on Channel 5, guests include: Nina Wadia, Sam Bailey and Jessica Wright
Key highlights and quotes from tonight’s show:
· For this week’s shopping task, Big Brother has filled the house with hundreds of telephones. The housemates, who are fast asleep, get woken up by the sound of them all ringing.
· Last night, Tiffany, Jeremy and Stephanie found out they would be facing eviction. Danniella tells Tiffany that she scares her when she starts shouting.
· After losing her temper last night, Big Brother has called Stephanie to the Diary Room to remind her of the rules of acceptable behaviour in the house. Stephanie apologies, “I’m very sorry Big Brother, it won’t happen again. I was out of order.” Big Brother asks Stephanie if she’s feeling calm enough to return to the house, to which she replies “Yeah, I’m just not going to speak to Danniella Westbrook because she’s an absolute carrot.”
· Big Brother assigns the housemates this week’s shopping task. Big Brother has installed phones within the house. Housemates should make sure not to miss any calls because the callers will often be friends or family. The phones could ring at any time and housemates must identify the caller by asking yes or no questions.
Once the caller has been identified, they can then speak to their loved one. However, housemates have a limited amount of talk time to use for their calls. Talk time will be deducted from the moment the phone starts ringing and until it is hung up. If the housemates run out of talk time, they will fail the task and receive no more calls.
· Excited about the task, Gemma tells the other housemates “I really want to win this for everyone here, because this is torture. But we’re gonna get through this and I swear to God I want everyone to have a phone call. I don’t want to mess this up for any of you.”
· Gillian McKeith is the first caller, but John puts the phone down. She rings back and tells Scotty T, “don’t you dare hang up on me.” But he does.
· Stephanie tells Jeremy that she thinks the task is going to be tough. He says, “if it’s Sam, you have to speak to him on the outside anyway. Just be like you’re sorry.”
· In the Diary Room, Big Brother asks Danniella if she has spoken to Stephanie today. Danniella says, “no, I’ve spoke to her in passing about the task, but I’ve not spoken to her. I’m upset about the situation with Steph. I’m gutted, but I’m alright with it because I know what it’s like to feel under attack and vulnerable so I don’t hate her or anything. I don’t feel any dislike towards her; I love her to bits still.”
· One of the phones starts to ring and Jeremy has to identify the unknown caller. He correctly guesses that it’s Darren’s wife and they get to speak.
· Darren is tearful in the bedroom after speaking to his wife. Tiffany comments to herself, “if my wife was calling, I would still be on the phone. He has amazing self-control.”
· Scotty T answers a ringing phone and successfully identifies that Bobby Norris from TOWIE is calling for Gemma.
· Stephanie then correctly guesses that Jeremy’s friend is calling for him.
· Geordie Shore’s Vicky Pattison is Scotty T’s unknown caller. She tells him, “you’re smashing it babe” and asks “are you missing Megan?”
· Evicted housemate Christopher is the next person to ring, but Gemma tells Danniella to put the phone down saying “in the nicest possible way, it ain’t important.”
· Jeremy answers the phone to Gillian McKeith. She tells him that she can get them more talk time if they successfully meet the goals she has set for them - eating clean, avoiding smoking and no swearing.
· Stephanie and Jeremy are in the garden smoking and Darren tells John that he “thinks it’s out of order.” Darren reminds them of Gillian’s rules in order to win more talk time, but they don’t seem bothered. Jeremy says “we’ve got loads of time.” Scotty T goes into the garden and tells them “it’s a bit selfish like.”
· Gemma is talking to Tiffany in the bedroom. She tells her, “this was like waiting to get the call from TOWIE that I’d got the gig. It’s weird though, because I still don’t feel famous. I forget that I’m famous sometimes, I really do. I’ve still kept grounded; I’ve not craved the celeb life. Some days I think oh I’d really like a Bentley, but then I think nah you don’t need it Gem.
Tiffany then says, “but the thing is, Bentley or not, you look famous. The way you dress, you blink, like I would know that you are somebody. The way you carry yourself, your aura.”
· Darren answers the next ringing phone and guesses correctly that it’s John’s sister on the line. He breaks down in tears whilst talking to her. Danniella tells him, “you never cry.”
· Danniella and Tiffany are in the garden talking about Stephanie and Jeremy. Danniella says, “I might sleep in the lounge just to man the phones. I can’t sleep with all that shenanigans.”
Tiffany tells her “that makes me uncomfortable now. It wasn’t bothering me until now. You know what it is; it’s the sounds of kissing. Because I’m not gonna lie to you, when I was hearing the sounds of kissing, I was becoming quite moist. It’s throwing me off my game.”
· Stephanie answers one of the phones and it’s Gillian again. She tells Stephanie that most of the housemates made an effort to abide by her rules and she was very impressed and will reward them with more talk time.
· Jeremy tells Tiffany that Scotty T is “starving for a bit of sex.” He then asks if Tiffany would have sex in the house and she says “we’re not smashed enough and my vagina is quite tight and everybody would hear me getting it open.”
· Stephanie is in the Diary Room and confides to Big Brother that she’s worried nobody wants to give her a phone call because she’s not “done them proud.” She then goes on to say “I’m scared, because I don’t know what to expect and I don’t know if what I’ve done is right or wrong. In the end I’ve just had to follow my heart.”
· A phone rings and Gemma answers. She successfully guesses that it’s Tiffany’s mum.
· Most of the housemates are asleep. Jeremy and Stephanie are in bed together.
· Tiffany is in the Diary Room talking about tomorrow night’s eviction. Big Brother asks if Stephanie went home, what effect it would have on Jeremy. She says, “when the goose is away, the hen will play. If Steph were to go home, I would have to say of course there’s going to be more opportunities to have fun with this beautiful young boy. If I can’t take it anymore, something is going to happen in this house. I’m definitely in the mood, I need a good sticking.”
· Stephanie and Jeremy are keeping some of the other housemates awake. Gemma and Danniella go into the kitchen. Danniella says “all I can hear is them getting it on, I’m so embarrassed. I don’t want to take my fingers out of me ears. I couldn’t do it could you on the telly? Don’t take her foot off the gas does she, it’s one thing after another. It’s just a level of disrespect for everyone in that room.” Gemma replies, “I cannot believe it.”
· Stephanie tells Jeremy, “I think I’m falling really badly in love with you Jez.”