Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB8 Celebrity Big Brother 8 shown on Channel 5 from 2011.
Discuss Channel 5 Celebrity Big Brother won by Paddy Doherty.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:16 PM #1

Default Hidden messages in logo

Was this serious? Did the producers actually tell everyone that there were messages in the BB7 logo or was it more Daily Star bull****?

Last edited by Marsh.; 26-04-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:37 PM #2
BB9UK - Legendary Series.

Favourites (more):
UBB: Chantelle
BB11: Corin

Favourites (more):

It was serious. Davina mentioned it and it was obvious anyway, basically the twisted eye represented that the series would be full of twists and turns (which it was.) And from then on each Eye had a obvious meaning/hint behind it
BB8 - Lots of different sections which were all different colours which represented/hinted that there would be loads of different charcters with different personalites (which there were.)
BB9 - The shattered Eye represented/hinted that the housemates would be put through pain and BB would be evil, the red part in the Eye represented/hinted that the housemates would have bloodshot eyes and be worn out and tired. Also, the Eye looked like glass which had been smashed which represented/hinted that the housemates would argue and would crack under the pressure (all of what has been mentioned happened.)
BB10 - The Eye was a thumb print which represents DNA and in the adverts it scanned over each line in the thumb print which represented/hinted that all of the housemates would have their own indetity and be individual (which sort of happened but the housemates were overall pretty crap.)
BB11 - The Eye was made of a reef which represented/hinted the end/funeral as normally the dead person's name is made out of a reef, so the Eye represented the end of BB on C4.

Hope that clears it all up for you It took forever to type out!

Last edited by georgehudson; 10-04-2011 at 07:38 PM.
georgehudson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:47 PM #3
User tanned

Favourites:
X Factor 2010: Rebecca Ferguson

User tanned

Favourites:
X Factor 2010: Rebecca Ferguson

you know youre a nerdy geek when you actually even care about stuff like that

those descripts above look either very vague or very obvious. Nonsense.
Zippy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:55 PM #4
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgehudson View Post
It was serious. Davina mentioned it and it was obvious anyway, basically the twisted eye represented that the series would be full of twists and turns (which it was.) And from then on each Eye had a obvious meaning/hint behind it
BB8 - Lots of different sections which were all different colours which represented/hinted that there would be loads of different charcters with different personalites (which there were.)
BB9 - The shattered Eye represented/hinted that the housemates would be put through pain and BB would be evil, the red part in the Eye represented/hinted that the housemates would have bloodshot eyes and be worn out and tired. Also, the Eye looked like glass which had been smashed which represented/hinted that the housemates would argue and would crack under the pressure (all of what has been mentioned happened.)
BB10 - The Eye was a thumb print which represents DNA and in the adverts it scanned over each line in the thumb print which represented/hinted that all of the housemates would have their own indetity and be individual (which sort of happened but the housemates were overall pretty crap.)
BB11 - The Eye was made of a reef which represented/hinted the end/funeral as normally the dead person's name is made out of a reef, so the Eye represented the end of BB on C4.

Ever thought of writing horoscopes for a living, you would do brilliantly given those in depth observations that actually reveal nada.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:16 PM #5

So according to georgehudson each eye represented:
- different people
- all individuals
- with different personalities
God, who'd have thought that putting 16 strangers in a house and you'd end up with differences?

By the way, it's "wreath" not "reef".

Unless you were referring to a:
Old 10-04-2011, 08:19 PM #6
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:

Complete horsecrap.

None of the eyes bar series 5 and series 11 had a conscious meaning behind them that Daniel Eatock was instructed to put it. Series 5 was created to reflect the new harsh Big Brother and series 11 was obviously to represent the end of Big Brother. Everything in between is nothing but half baked fan speculation that is absoloutely baseless in claim.

The series 7 eye had no meaning either. A certain print version of it that appeared in the promotion [the one where it blended into a massive yellow/black spiral backround] had a sentence in it as part of the promotion but that's it. I think it just said something like 'Big Brother is watching' or something.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:22 PM #7

Quote:
Hinted at loads of different characters? On Big Brother? Get away.

That was intended to include all the colours of the rainbow after the Shilpa and Jade race row.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:27 PM #8
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

I always thought the BB9 eye was meant to represent a black dude walking though a glass window and getting a bit of blood on the corner of his hand.

It was designed to represent B Bro's malevolence or something.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:32 PM #9
V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

V.I.P

Favourites (more):

George you're looking well too far into it.

The BB9 Eye simply meant what the house looked like, with the traiangles and stuff.

The BB8 Eye was gay and camp just like the series.

The BB7 Eye was Swirly like Willy Wonka and was Gold - hence the golden tickets.

The BB5 Eye was Sharp and Evil like the House and Series.

That's it really.

The BB10 Eye had nothing to do with the series, The BB11 Eye was obviously a funeral one yeah.
But other than that, there's nothing more to it.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:36 PM #10
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

You have a point on the BB7 one. It was gold in the adverts although it was yellow everywhere else.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:46 PM #11
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:

BB10 had the best HMs (for entertainment value) of all the series imo

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:51 PM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
BB6 was the best line up for me. Even the considered dull housemates (Vanessa and Eugene) had something to contribute.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:53 PM #13
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08marsh View Post
BB6 was the best line up for me. Even the considered dull housemates (Vanessa and Eugene) had something to contribute.
yeah, 6 was very good as well actually, also 5

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 10-04-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:20 PM #14
GreenGrookey

GreenGrookey

I think there was definitely meaning behind the BB9 eye, I heard someone on the show speaking about it (I forget who... maybe Davina, I'm not sure...)
But apparently the black is meant to represent peace and order, and the red splinter is meant to be war and chaos (or the other way round...!)
And the smashed effect --> sharp edges and points --> bad things! Simple geometric symbolism, as with BB5.
There were obviously links with the house design too as Patrick has mentioned, most noticeably with the wall design on the Hell side of the house (triangles), the kitchen (red and triangles), the garden walls (irregular shapes with harsh corners as opposed to rounded), and the frequent use of the red splinter motif, for example on the B-Block bedroom floor and on doors.
All things considered, and this is just for one series, I think the logos are a far cry from having no meaning. Whether the meaning behind it is more or less obvious - they wouldn't just have a random logo just because it looked 'nice'.
MusicMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:28 PM #15
BBUK4 Advance Ad-min

BBUK4 Advance Ad-min

Yep, there was surely a meaning behind BB9, I loved that eye and house. The BB9 was supposed to represent the "zero-tolerance" BB theme that year and the triangles in the house.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:33 PM #16
Blue Waffle ¬_¬

Blue Waffle ¬_¬

BB1 - an all seeing eye, basic
BB2 - I think I read t was supposed to represent cabin fever which would relate to the house having lots of bright colours and wood work
BB3 - erm?
BB4 - ooh?
BB5 - obviously evil
Panto - what it says on the tin
BB6 - supposed to be shattered but I think BB9 was more like that
BB7 - it was twisted
BB8 - multicultural esp after CBB5
Celebrity Hijack - E4 takeover, youthful
BB9 - shattering - kinda relates to the intended zero tolerance
BB10 - identity because of that 1 week of reflecting on 10 years of BB
CBB7 - obvious hell theme
BB11 - wreath to symbolise death and kinda related to the carnival theme
Old 10-04-2011, 11:27 PM #17
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
I think there was definitely meaning behind the BB9 eye, I heard someone on the show speaking about it (I forget who... maybe Davina, I'm not sure...)
But apparently the black is meant to represent peace and order, and the red splinter is meant to be war and chaos (or the other way round...!)
And the smashed effect --> sharp edges and points --> bad things! Simple geometric symbolism, as with BB5.
There were obviously links with the house design too as Patrick has mentioned, most noticeably with the wall design on the Hell side of the house (triangles), the kitchen (red and triangles), the garden walls (irregular shapes with harsh corners as opposed to rounded), and the frequent use of the red splinter motif, for example on the B-Block bedroom floor and on doors.
All things considered, and this is just for one series, I think the logos are a far cry from having no meaning. Whether the meaning behind it is more or less obvious - they wouldn't just have a random logo just because it looked 'nice'.
Well of course the graphics will tie in with the house. That's just common sense and building a visual identity. It still doesn't mean the eyes have meaning beyond that though. The logos are a far cry from having meaning. The vast majority of them are just cool designs. It goes to show how good they are that they make people insist they have some sort of underlying subtext when they usually don't.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:04 PM #18

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08marsh View Post
So according to georgehudson each eye represented:
- different people
- all individuals
- with different personalities
God, who'd have thought that putting 16 strangers in a house and you'd end up with differences?

By the way, it's "wreath" not "reef".

Unless you were referring to a:
Well either way the meanings were real, but thanks for being so ungreatful. T***.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:05 PM #19

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
George you're looking well too far into it.

The BB9 Eye simply meant what the house looked like, with the traiangles and stuff.

The BB8 Eye was gay and camp just like the series.

The BB7 Eye was Swirly like Willy Wonka and was Gold - hence the golden tickets.

The BB5 Eye was Sharp and Evil like the House and Series.

That's it really.

The BB10 Eye had nothing to do with the series, The BB11 Eye was obviously a funeral one yeah.
But other than that, there's nothing more to it.
I'm not. They are thinking about all of what I mentioned when designing the eye.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:08 PM #20

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Rubbish.

It was a rubbish series and had rubbish housemates. BB9 had the best housemates for sure.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:12 PM #21

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Well of course the graphics will tie in with the house. That's just common sense and building a visual identity. It still doesn't mean the eyes have meaning beyond that though. The logos are a far cry from having meaning. The vast majority of them are just cool designs. It goes to show how good they are that they make people insist they have some sort of underlying subtext when they usually don't.
Dont be stupid. Of course they do.

Last edited by georgehudson; 11-04-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:12 PM #22
V.I.P

Favourites (more):

V.I.P

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'm not. They are thinking about all of what I mentioned when designing the eye.
Daniel Eatock designs the eye[s] months ahead before the series begins, before the producers even know what housemates are going into the series.

So how exactly was the BB10 or BB8 Eyes designed to represent the housemates when Daniel Eatock had no clue of who was going in, nor did the producers?
Old 11-04-2011, 07:13 PM #23

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Daniel Eatock designs the eye[s] months ahead before the series begins, before the producers even know what housemates are going into the series.

So how exactly was the BB10 or BB8 Eyes designed to represent the housemates when Daniel Eatock had no clue of who was going in, nor did the producers?
They know the outline of what they want when they are designing the eye.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:17 PM #24
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Come on admit it George ... you can't find your arse with both your hands.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:23 PM #25
It's lacroix darling

Favourites (more):
BB12: Heaven
UBB: Makosi

It's lacroix darling

Favourites (more):
BB12: Heaven
UBB: Makosi

Quote: