Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

View Poll Results: Was the Big Man right or wrong to throw the boy off the train?
Right 23 56.10%
Right
23 56.10%
Wrong 18 43.90%
Wrong
18 43.90%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-12-2011, 11:27 PM #101
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
I'm thankful I do - having seen the other clip and stories & clips of late that appear to show those south of Scotland in a far worse light, and being dealt with in a far more nambie pampie, wrap people in cotton wool and allow them to do what they like attitude - yep I'm thankful for living in Scotland.
Do they not have the police in Scotland?
Old 13-12-2011, 11:30 PM #102

Conductors are trained to handle situations like that discreetly without involving any of the public, there was no need at all for any of the other passengers to get involved in that incident, the conductor could have walked away, used his radio to report it and then went about his work without holding up the train and the guy with no ticket would have been dealt with by the proper authorities at the next station, fair enough if you think interfering guy was in the right but to suggest that's the way it's done in Scotland is ridiculous, that makes it sound as if things like than happen here on a daily basis where in most cases that kind of thing would be sorted out through the proper channels.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 11:39 PM #103
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ain-train.html

Seems it was just a misunderstanding
The kid was half asleep and handed him the wrong ticket it seems and **** got way out of hand way too fast
When reading this thread up til this point...I was thinking this might have been what happened. As this has happened to me before (though not half asleep...I was a bit drunk and gave the inspector a ticket that was like a week old )

If some big dickhead who thought they were 20 men had tried to remove me with force...when I knew I had paid, they would have been eating the curb...
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 11:41 PM #104
Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

Locke.

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Paul Danan

Vicky I have a bit of a feeling you are a fellow bunker
Locke. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 11:41 PM #105
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge View Post
Do they not have the police in Scotland?
Why waste public funds .....when a good chuck out suffices?
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 11:43 PM #106
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Why waste public funds .....when a good chuck out suffices?
Because it's not very civil is it...
Old 13-12-2011, 11:44 PM #107
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Nope.

He was asked to leave, he was unable to provide proof of payment for his journey. He was unable to.

He became verbally abusive to an employee of the rail company. He also failed to follow the request of an employee who is there to enforce the conditions of passenger carriage for the rail company. It is therefore fine that he was removed from said train, with force if he refused to leave. That is ALL that happened.

No assault on the yobbo.
Its not the place of some random guy thinking hes hard to do that though. So IMO it WOULD be classed as assault.

It would not be assault if the relevant authorities had done that, but some randomer...its a little different
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 13-12-2011, 11:45 PM #108
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HO~HO~HO~ View Post
Conductors are trained to handle situations like that discreetly without involving any of the public, there was no need at all for any of the other passengers to get involved in that incident, the conductor could have walked away, used his radio to report it and then went about his work without holding up the train and the guy with no ticket would have been dealt with by the proper authorities at the next station, fair enough if you think interfering guy was in the right but to suggest that's the way it's done in Scotland is ridiculous, that makes it sound as if things like than happen here on a daily basis where in most cases that kind of thing would be sorted out through the proper channels.
There's me thinking Scots don't push up with shi*te like this, don't accept youngsters being verbally abusive to someone who is doing their job, that the Scots don't just stand back and let terrorists try to blow up Glasgow airport, andthey don't sit back and give idiots who create FB pages inciting riots & damage to buildings and civil servants just a wee slap on the wrist.

I must have got that wrong then eh?
Old 13-12-2011, 11:48 PM #109
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I wonder if that bloke would have been so happy to intervene if the fare dodger was the same size as him? He came off as an arse and a bully really and I don't know why anyone would clap at seeing a larger man throw around a lad half his size. Says a lot about them.

The lad shouldn't have done what he did but that's not an excuse for some fat bloke in the midst of a mid life crisis to throw his weight about in a bad attempt to show off.
Yes...I highly doubt it somehow
Quote:
Quote:
Old 13-12-2011, 11:50 PM #110
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge View Post
Because it's not very civil is it...
you prefer social etiquette over wasteful use of public fundings then - that's fine, but I disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Its not the place of some random guy thinking hes hard to do that though. So IMO it WOULD be classed as assault.

It would not be assault if the relevant authorities had done that, but some randomer...its a little different
The guy was unable to produce his ticket. He was asked repeatedly - and could not do so. He then proceeded to verbally abuse the conductor.

He was asked, repeatedly to remove himself and get off the train. He refused. His own actions led to him being removed. He created the situation.

I don't see the issue. The guy will no doubt have learned his lesson,
Old 13-12-2011, 11:51 PM #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
But we dont know if the kid was in the wrong at all
If i was him and i bought a ticket and was accused of trying to get a free ride i wouldnt leave, i'd tell the old guy to **** off and stay where i am
For all we know thats what happened and this big ****er thinks its his place to physically throw the kid out and then gets APPLAUDED makes me sick
It could just be a huge misunderstanding and at the end of the day they should of let the proper authorities deal with it
If the kid was at all right, he would have tried explaining himself instead of telling the conductor to f off. He sat there and refused to move after being asked several times. Therefore they had every right to physically remove him. Maybe it was wrong for a random passenger to do the heavy lifting, but he was helping out the older conductor guy.

The conductor had the ticket in his hand and was telling him he had paid one fair and not a return ticket. Pretty simple logic to me.

Last edited by Marsh.; 13-12-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 11:52 PM #112
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Yes...I highly doubt it somehow
Given that many others on the train were voicing the same opinion, and also that another man got up to keep the yobbo off the train and then got off himself: I suspect it if it had not been the man in question, it would have been someone else who would have taken the same action.
Old 13-12-2011, 11:55 PM #113
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HO~HO~HO~ View Post
The guy that interfered was far too rough, yeah the one that never had a ticket was in the wrong but that was between him and the conductor, no one else, just because he never had a ticket doesnt mean the other guy had a right to assault him, the conductor should have done his job properly and kept him on the train then radio through for the police to be waiting at the next station.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasown View Post
Very true and the conductor should also have offered to allow the man to purchase a valid ticket or provide some acceptable form of ID in order for the company to send an invoice for the fare for the youth to pay at a convenient time (Thats part of the provisions Rail compainies must follow imposed when the network was sold off).

The passenger had no right to interfere or to manhandle the youth off the train, thats called vigilantism. Would have been funny if the youth had knocked him on his ass after fat man grabbed him, fat man would have had no comeback.

Even though the act was carried out apparently as a public spirited action, in order to help out the conductor and make sure people werent overly delayed because of the action of one numpty its still illegal.
Yup, exactly...to both.

I fail to see how people can think this idiot (the big bloke) was in the right by throwing his weight around...
Quote:
Quote:
Old 14-12-2011, 12:00 AM #114
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08marsh View Post
If the kid was at all right, he would have tried explaining himself instead of telling the conductor to f off. He sat there and refused to move after being asked several times. Therefore they had every right to physically remove him. Maybe it was wrong for a random passenger to do the heavy lifting, but he was helping out the older conductor guy.

The conductor had the ticket in his hand and was telling him he had paid one fair and not a return ticket. Pretty simple logic to me.
Absolutely in agreement with this. People are getting soft too soft nowadays in my opinion and let the dregs of society rule them in fear of by actually doing something, something may happen back to them in return. We seem to be becoming a nation of pushover's.

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Last edited by Benjamin; 14-12-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 12:00 AM #115

Quote:
There's me thinking Scots don't push up with shi*te like this, don't accept youngsters being verbally abusive to someone who is doing their job, that the Scots don't just stand back and let terrorists try to blow up Glasgow airport, andthey don't sit back and give idiots who create FB pages inciting riots & damage to buildings and civil servants just a wee slap on the wrist.

Terrorists trying to blow up the airport and someone not having a train ticket are on 2 entirely different levels imo.

If the conductor had done his job properly in the first place we wouldnt even be having this discussion, and it's not about putting up with ****e it's about dealing with it properly.

I hope the guy that thought he was a big man gets done with assault.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 12:04 AM #116
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

for those who go on about the laddo should have been allowed to get his bag and his stuff..... look at the clip again.... 1min 40sec.

A red haired person with a blue and white jacket - (check in the reflection in the window when he is being pushed towards the door) - he goes and lifts the laddo's bag, he then turns, follows them to the door & throws a black haversack bag out to the lad.

This is then confirmed by a female voice; when he complains about not having his bag telling him at 1min 55 secs that his back is ''out, it's out''
Old 14-12-2011, 12:04 AM #117
0_o

0_o

Quote:

And scots also champion random assault do they?

This could...and should have been dealt with properly. Without some random thug throwing his weight around (and nearly squishing some poor woman and her kids ) and being applauded for it.

Not too sure how it is in scotland but I would think its the same as here...the conductor will have had his radio...could have called for security/police. But no. People think its ok for some random bloke to remove someone by force.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 14-12-2011, 12:06 AM #118
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G

I don't really see what the fact that he's Scottish has to do with anything, it's just a coincidence, not like Scotland naturally has tougher train conductors or anything
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 12:07 AM #119
0_o

0_o

Quote:

The guy was unable to produce his ticket. He was asked repeatedly - and could not do so. He then proceeded to verbally abuse the conductor.

He was asked, repeatedly to remove himself and get off the train. He refused. His own actions led to him being removed. He created the situation.

I don't see the issue. The guy will no doubt have learned his lesson,
And this has WHAT to do with the big guy?

Ah yeah, nothing. Just a chance to show off. Bravo you thug, bravo.

I dont disagree that he should have been removed (though he DID have a valid ticket, but could not produce...and there was no need for the swearing). It was just handled completely wrong.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 14-12-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old 14-12-2011, 12:09 AM #120
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
And scots also champion random assault do they?

This could...and should have been dealt with properly. Without some random thug throwing his weight around (and nearly squishing some poor woman and her kids ) and being applauded for it.

Not too sure how it is in scotland but I would think its the same as here...the conductor will have had his radio...could have called for security/police. But no. People think its ok for some random bloke to remove someone by force.
I'm quite happy with the way the matter was handled.

I'd far rather see this than having to call the police, to have the train and all it's passengers held up due to the actions of some drunken little twat - for the police to come and do exactly what the 'big man' did.

I see his father is lying in the papers about him not being allowed to get his backback/bag. It's very clearly seen in the video that it was taken and thown out - and even confirmed by another female voice.

Looks like his Daddy believes his lying son - given that the evidence is there for all to see.

What was this to do with teh 'big man'. the fact that he was a paying passenger. The fact that he did not want his journey delayed due to this arsehole? The fact that others on the train were voicing their own opinion that they weren't prepared to wait all night either .......

Last edited by Pyramid*; 14-12-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 14-12-2011, 12:11 AM #121
0_o

0_o

Quote:
I'm quite happy with the way the matter was handled.
Oh well. That makes it all ok then.

Luckily most people dont agree with others being assaulted...its kind of against the law...more so I would imagine...than not having a valid train ticket
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 14-12-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 14-12-2011, 12:14 AM #122
0_o

0_o

Quote:
What was this to do with teh 'big man'. the fact that he was a paying passenger. The fact that he did not want his journey delayed due to this arsehole? The fact that others on the train were voicing their own opinion that they weren't prepared to wait all night either .......
Ahhh...this makes everything fine again then.

I will remember this next time Im in a bar and the person in front of me is taking ****ing ages to find their purse or something...I can just grab em and chuck them out of the door. After all, they are holding me up and others will be pissed off too, they may even be vocal about it. After all, I am a paying customer so I can do what I like

They wouldnt have had to wait all night if the conductor had actually done his job properly and just used his bloody radio
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 14-12-2011 at 12:14 AM.
Old 14-12-2011, 12:14 AM #123
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
Absolutely in agreement with this. People are getting soft too soft nowadays in my opinion and let the dregs of society rule them in fear of by actually doing something, something may happen back to them in return. We seem to be becoming a nation of pushover's.
Totally agree....

As it is it seems some here are happy to allow the drunks to do what the hell they want, be verbally abusive to who they want to, and go around telling lies to make their story sound better (ie: the guy lying that he wasn't allowed to get his backback/bag).
Old 14-12-2011, 12:17 AM #124
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Oh well. That makes it all ok then.

Luckily most people dont agree with others being assaulted...its kind of against the law...more so I would imagine...than not having a valid train ticket
Most people including me, do agree that assault should be punishable.

The boyo wasn't assaulted. he was removed from a train.
Old 14-12-2011, 12:17 AM #125
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

A minor incident that probably happens all the time shouldn't have lead to assault. Is this the society we really want to live in?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
19, dodger, fare, leave, passenger, refusing, thrown, train, year