Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Big Brother 2023 - ITV2 Big Brother UK (BB20) started October 8th 2023 on ITV2 and ITVX.

Old 04-11-2023, 11:17 AM #26

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
Trish is who she is though

She’s going to help someone out ( as she has done time after time )

She doesn’t calculate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I wasn’t referring to Trish here, but to people who make vindictive comments or provoke arguments for the sake of it. Or those that argue over trivial things that are not worth arguing over.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 11:30 AM #27
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
I’m in absolute agreement with all you say here.

Regarding Paul, he was mainly throwing rolled up cling film. Yes, he was very unpleasant to Noky and I cannot condone that. It was unnecessary and a little bit intimidating.

I have to agree with your view of Noky, though, and it seemed to me during her conversation on live feed that she was trying to garner back support from Olivia by distancing herself from Trish. It did make me wonder why she hadn’t chosen Olivia to join her in the task, considering she shares a bed with her, which suggests a greater closeness. And, until the fall-out from the killer noms task, we had barely seen Noky with Trish and the upstairs crowd, choosing Olivia and that group instead.

Part of me does wonder whether Noky is playing a very clever game in order to ensure her path to the final.
Noky was always a bit of a floater though and didn't want to be attached to either group in particular. She even said herself that that is often seen as 'game playing' but in fact it's a terrible way to play the game because you get targeted by both sides as we saw by her getting nominations early from the likes of Jordan and Yinrun but also being treated really badly by Paul. So I don't think it's a game tbh

As for the choice for the secret task I thought it would be between Trish and Olivia but I wasn't surprised by Trish because she does trust her a lot more. We did see Noky and her together before that, they'd referred to this 'big sister' relationship a couple of times and Noky was the one comforting Trish when she was upset in the ant task.
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 11:31 AM #28
Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruit_cake View Post
When Paul and Olivia were chatting, they were right - Noky uses Trish to fight her battles for her. A real friend of Trish would have seen her getting emotional and stopped her from engaging with Paul.. which led to her accusing him of Bullying which for me is a step too far.

Noky left Trish to fend for herself, running away to the DR

And regarding Paul being a bully....
was Paul being a dickhead yes
Being an absolute twit yes
Bullying? no I don't think so. Bullying is a word that is way over used and to call that bullying detracts from real situations where people find themselves in desperate situations
Rest. He is a bully. "What are you looking at?" is a bully's favorite line. Exercising their perceived authority when they know what the fook the person is looking at. Giving it large I hope he cried in the hotel talmbout "nobody likes me "
Old 04-11-2023, 11:34 AM #29

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Noky isn’t using Trish, Trish is just very happy and willing to stand up for herself and her friends if she thinks they’re being wronged, there is nothing wrong with that in the slightest
Old 04-11-2023, 11:44 AM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Trish asked Noky what had been said then took it on herself to engage with Paul, Noky is not responsible for how Trish conducts herself, Noky had already responded to Paul, Trish loves to get involved in everything, she took it upon herself to speak to Jordan when Henry is perfectly capable of speaking to Jordan himself

I dont know if you watch L&L Fruity but Trish did clarify to Paul in a clip that she spoke out of turn and should have said he 'was acting like a bully' rather than that he was a bully

Hmmm I kind of disagree to an extent...yes Trish did ask Noky what Paul had said to her as she saw her upset....I personally would like to have seen Noky say to Trish just leave it.... I thought it was a bit weak of Noky to leave the whole situation and just leave Trish to it. Its not the first time she has sat back and let Trish fight her battle.
Also Trish asked Henry if he wanted her to speak to Jordan and he said yes...she didnt just do it off her own back.

I like Trish but she's either going to keep gaining popularity by being vocal or it could go against her if she fights everyones battles.
Noky...lovely dignified lady but she needs to get a bit of backbone, Shes quite opinionated but when people bite back she becomes a blubbering mess.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 11:53 AM #31

Quote:
I absolutely agree with you regarding Trish, Zizu. I don’t believe she is calculated in the least. To me, Trish is led by passion and principle and is willing to defend those who can’t, or don’t, defend themselves. I truly admire that about her, as well as a long list of other positive qualities she possesses. This is real and she is genuine.

I think that was why, after seeing Noky had been crying over the Paul situation, she felt the need to protect and defend her, hence standing by her principles.

And I’m sorry, Zizu, as I know you love her, so please don’t detest me for this, but I don’t quite trust or believe in Noky, in the same way as I do Trish.

It’s fine

I don’t love Noky at all .. I just think she’s a delicate soul who’s probably never had to deal with repulsive indifference like Paul , Tom , Jenkin Olivia before

Or if she’s come across one she would have been able to ignore or walk away from them

She’s been bullied, antagonised and unsettled in there and had no way of getting away from them

Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 11:53 AM #32

Quote:
I’m in absolute agreement with all you say here.

Regarding Paul, he was mainly throwing rolled up cling film. Yes, he was very unpleasant to Noky and I cannot condone that. It was unnecessary and a little bit intimidating.

I have to agree with your view of Noky, though, and it seemed to me during her conversation on live feed that she was trying to garner back support from Olivia by distancing herself from Trish. It did make me wonder why she hadn’t chosen Olivia to join her in the task, considering she shares a bed with her, which suggests a greater closeness. And, until the fall-out from the killer noms task, we had barely seen Noky with Trish and the upstairs crowd, choosing Olivia and that group instead.

Part of me does wonder whether Noky is playing a very clever game in order to ensure her path to the final.

I also found it a little disturbing when I saw Olivia and Noky chatting and what they were saying.
It seems Noky took herself off to the Upstairs gang with Trish because she did not like being around Paul...it seems now Paul has gone she is going to start aligning herself back with Olivia and her vile crew...shes playing a very clever and dangerous game.
Old 04-11-2023, 11:58 AM #33
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

I know I've done it plenty times in the past, if i see someone suffer what i believe is an injustice, i step in and say something. I consider it the right way to behave. I only ever came a cropper once and got a punch in the face for it
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 12:01 PM #34

Favourites:
BB2023: Henry

Favourites:
BB2023: Henry

It’s the “oh you’re just strange, you’re weird” comments for me… you were the adult man just throwing a strop over not getting invited to a party yh? I see you ! clown
jones89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 12:03 PM #35
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithinkiloveyoutoo View Post
Rest. He is a bully. "What are you looking at?" is a bully's favorite line. Exercising their perceived authority when they know what the fook the person is looking at. Giving it large I hope he cried in the hotel talmbout "nobody likes me "
…I agree with CeeCee…Paul displayed bullying behaviour and not just as a one time thing…/…he’s obviously not the only one as there was a pack mentality with regards to Chanelle for talking to the ‘the can’t talk to them group’…so she had to be ‘punished’ and iced out…that’s a typical playground bullying thing…as is…(…as CeeCee has said…)…’what/who you looking at…’…it’s diverting and trying to assume a power position over someone who is felt to be ‘ a weaker’ …bullying behaviour comes in many layers, it’s not a one size all specific thing …and Paul was displaying some of those layers…even with the sneak peek vid yesterday, the title referred to behaviour as bullying…and maybe possibly also why the live feed was cut, while it was all being looked into ….

…so far as Noky choosing Trish for the task as opposed to Olivia, for instance…?…I’m not sure how long she would have had to choose a ‘possessed’…(..I would think…)…that she would also think of who she felt would be best for a task partner …but also, whatever reason…she was choosing for a task, she didn’t know what the task was…she didn’t know anything that it would lead to in terms of any hostility …she just chose the person she felt would do the task well with her so that they passed, surely….
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 12:05 PM #36

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
I also found it a little disturbing when I saw Olivia and Noky chatting and what they were saying.
It seems Noky took herself off to the Upstairs gang with Trish because she did not like being around Paul...it seems now Paul has gone she is going to start aligning herself back with Olivia and her vile crew...shes playing a very clever and dangerous game.
rusticgirl! I’m glad I’m not the only one who got that impression!

I think she might choose to keep a foot in both camps, and doing so will either take her to the final or get her evicted. And I don’t even mind if she is playing a game, and manipulating others, but I’d just like her to be upfront with the audience about it.

She’s going to have to play things very carefully though, as the week before killer noms, she had received 3 votes, strangely from Chanelle, Henry and from one of the evicted housemates. By last week, it was clear that mistrust had formed in other housemates from both sides of the divide. The question is can she turn that around before the next set of noms?
Old 04-11-2023, 12:08 PM #37

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
I know I've done it plenty times in the past, if i see someone suffer what i believe is an injustice, i step in and say something. I consider it the right way to behave. I only ever came a cropper once and got a punch in the face for it
I admire you for this, bots, and would do the same. I think it’s almost an instinctive thing. Sorry to hear you got punched for trying to do the right thing!
Old 04-11-2023, 12:15 PM #38
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones89 View Post
It’s the “oh you’re just strange, you’re weird” comments for me… you were the adult man just throwing a strop over not getting invited to a party yh? I see you ! clown
Yeah that's also quite typical bullying behaviour, trying to isolate someone for being 'weird' and making them doubt themself

Also Paul had literally spent all night staring at the others from upstairs yet Noky looking at him being a dickhead is 'weird behaviour'
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 12:19 PM #39

Quote:

Hopefully just trying to build bridges and maybe rekindle their friendship

Old 04-11-2023, 12:24 PM #40

Default playing devil's advocate on the paul situation..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Yeah that's also quite typical bullying behaviour, trying to isolate someone for being 'weird' and making them doubt themself

Also Paul had literally spent all night staring at the others from upstairs yet Noky looking at him being a dickhead is 'weird behaviour'

Just before the Live Feed stopped last night

This is a rough transcript

Noky tried to explain to the festering four that she had spent more time with the upstairs lot this week because she felt like she had to stay away from Paul - for her own safety and well being

It did highlight that good old Paul had been getting at Noky for quite some time and her choices were to hide away from Paul or walk !

That’s bullying in my view !!

Last edited by Zizu; 04-11-2023 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-11-2023, 01:14 PM #41
another vice

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Jordan
another vice

Favourites (more):

It's not even devil's advocate imo lol it's common sense.

Calling someone a bully here is ridiculous, it's a word which gets thrown around pointlessly now. Paul barely even acknowledges Noky Saying he thinks she's fake isn't bullying her, it's his opinion and the others have had the same thoughts (Jordan/Henry), the only difference is that they didn't say it to her. And if you notice, Noky always takes a backseat in any confrontation, just like when Trish/Dylan were arguing and SHE was actually the one who nominated him not Trish but she didn't speak up, she just let them go at it and stayed out of it.

Last edited by caprimint; 04-11-2023 at 01:15 PM.
caprimint is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 01:16 PM #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Noky isn’t using Trish, Trish is just very happy and willing to stand up for herself and her friends if she thinks they’re being wronged, there is nothing wrong with that in the slightest

Exactly

She should be applauded

Sadly our society is broken

Old 04-11-2023, 01:19 PM #43

Default playing devil's advocate on the paul situation..

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprimint View Post

Calling someone a bully here is ridiculous, it's a word which gets thrown around pointlessly now. Paul barely even acknowledges Noky Saying he thinks she's fake isn't bullying her, it's his opinion and the others have had the same thoughts (Jordan/Henry), the only difference is that they didn't say it to her. And if you notice, Noky always takes a backseat in any confrontation, just like when Trish/Dylan were arguing and SHE was actually the one who nominated him not Trish but she didn't speak up, she just let them go at it and stayed out of it.

Repeatedly calling Noky fake when the whole idea of the program is to convince viewers to like, trust and vote for you is definitely bullying

He couldn’t say anything more damaging to her reputation

Also staying out of arguments is not a fault / flaw and getting involved and defending other people is also not a fault / flaw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro loo

Last edited by Zizu; 04-11-2023 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-11-2023, 01:29 PM #44
another vice

Favourites (more):
another vice

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
Repeatedly calling Noky fake when the whole idea of the program is to convince viewers to like, trust and vote for you is definitely bullying

He couldn’t say anything more damaging to her reputation

Repeatedly? Twice at most, but regardless the number of times doesn't make it bullying. He wasn't actively spending time with/around her, he avoided her as much as possible. He's allowed to give his opinion without being called a "bully" just because Noky cries at everything.

It's funny you say that because she clearly didn't give a **** about his reputation when she was attempting to influence the public by making him look bad for writing Olivia's name down did she?

Last edited by caprimint; 04-11-2023 at 01:30 PM.
caprimint is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 01:31 PM #45
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB14: Charlie
75% Trish

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Hmmm I kind of disagree to an extent...yes Trish did ask Noky what Paul had said to her as she saw her upset....I personally would like to have seen Noky say to Trish just leave it.... I thought it was a bit weak of Noky to leave the whole situation and just leave Trish to it. Its not the first time she has sat back and let Trish fight her battle.
Also Trish asked Henry if he wanted her to speak to Jordan and he said yes...she didnt just do it off her own back.

I like Trish but she's either going to keep gaining popularity by being vocal or it could go against her if she fights everyones battles.
Noky...lovely dignified lady but she needs to get a bit of backbone, Shes quite opinionated but when people bite back she becomes a blubbering mess.
yes I agree with this 100%, in particular the part I bolded. I don't think Noky is a bad sort either but if I were Trish I would keep her at arms length, which is ironically probably exactly what Trish won't do, being Trish
fruit_cake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 01:32 PM #46
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
75% Trish

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprimint View Post

then we're agreeing again on our roller coaster agreement disagreement
Old 04-11-2023, 01:34 PM #47
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
75% Trish

Favourites (more):

Quote:
rusticgirl! I’m glad I’m not the only one who got that impression!

I think she might choose to keep a foot in both camps, and doing so will either take her to the final or get her evicted. And I don’t even mind if she is playing a game, and manipulating others, but I’d just like her to be upfront with the audience about it.

She’s going to have to play things very carefully though, as the week before killer noms, she had received 3 votes, strangely from Chanelle, Henry and from one of the evicted housemates. By last week, it was clear that mistrust had formed in other housemates from both sides of the divide. The question is can she turn that around before the next set of noms?
Noky seems to talk a very empathetic game but her actions suggest something very different. Her constant sobbing/wincing is also getting rather grating, in particular the faces she pulled when the evictions were announced. Not saying you agree with me but the girl needs to get a grip I'd feel like I were walking on eggshells around her
Old 04-11-2023, 01:37 PM #48
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
75% Trish

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
…I agree with CeeCee…Paul displayed bullying behaviour and not just as a one time thing…/…he’s obviously not the only one as there was a pack mentality with regards to Chanelle for talking to the ‘the can’t talk to them group’…so she had to be ‘punished’ and iced out…that’s a typical playground bullying thing…as is…(…as CeeCee has said…)…’what/who you looking at…’…it’s diverting and trying to assume a power position over someone who is felt to be ‘ a weaker’ …bullying behaviour comes in many layers, it’s not a one size all specific thing …and Paul was displaying some of those layers…even with the sneak peek vid yesterday, the title referred to behaviour as bullying…and maybe possibly also why the live feed was cut, while it was all being looked into ….

…so far as Noky choosing Trish for the task as opposed to Olivia, for instance…?…I’m not sure how long she would have had to choose a ‘possessed’…(..I would think…)…that she would also think of who she felt would be best for a task partner …but also, whatever reason…she was choosing for a task, she didn’t know what the task was…she didn’t know anything that it would lead to in terms of any hostility …she just chose the person she felt would do the task well with her so that they passed, surely….
while I totally respect what you've written Ammi I don't feel I can cross the line to label Paul's behaviour as bullying, perhaps there is a pattern, and there is also a stretched out history of aggression in the direction of Noky, but for me I don't think there was enough in that particular incedent.

I totally agree in that Paul was definitely dsiplaying many of those layers though
Old 04-11-2023, 01:38 PM #49
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruit_cake View Post
Noky seems to talk a very empathetic game but her actions suggest something very different. Her constant sobbing/wincing is also getting rather grating, in particular the faces she pulled when the evictions were announced. Not saying you agree with me but the girl needs to get a grip I'd feel like I were walking on eggshells around her
Not all people are hard faced robots. Some people are naturally emotional, and are just as valid as anyone else. It was the first time she had been up for eviction after a traumatic week. Really, some people should give their head a wobble
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 01:39 PM #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
I'm the same...

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
advocate, devil, paul, playing, situation