Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2012, 05:56 PM #1
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Default How do you rate customer service in the UK?

What are your thoughts on good old customer service skills. Good, bad or indifferent. Does the UK need to pull its socks up? I would say an emphatic yes. There are exceptions of course, I'm not tarring ALL businesses with the same brush but the vast majority aren't as good as they should be and some are abysmal.

Share your experiences and opinions below?

Mine -

Supermarket checkout operators - pig ignorant in tescos. Put all the stuff through the till, whilst carrying on a convo with the operator on the next till, don't make eye contact and then hold out their hand for the money while I'm doing my own packing. Shove your change in your hand without a word to you, still chatting away. Grrrrrr.

Local shops. Newsagents etc. Same treatment really. Also they answer their mobile phones while serving and carry on personal convos, barely acknowledging me.

Bus Drivers. Omg don't even get me started on this. I'm convinced being a grumpy nasty bastard is in the job description. Evil.

I'll end on a positive note however and say that Iceland, Marks and Spencers and the nationwide Building Society can't be faulted. All credit to them.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
customer, rate, service, uk