PDA

View Full Version : Talk Football Here... - Part 4

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Novo
10-08-2009, 03:53 PM
10.54 Gillingham boss Mark Stimson insists he will not agree to a swap deal which would see Simeon Jackson join Charlton and Chris Dickson head in the opposite direction.

Novo
10-08-2009, 03:55 PM
15.33 Jonas Gutierrez has admitted he would love the chance to move to Greek champions Olympiakos.

Johann
10-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by .Andy.
Baines will be able to handle walcott

Lescott will handle RVP and Eduardo

Yobo will keep an eye out for Arshavin

The midfield will run rings round fabregas and Saha and Jo will score the goals needed

...to make the final scoreline look a bit more respectable for the Toffees.

4-2 Arsenal - can't wait. :spin:

Novo
10-08-2009, 05:39 PM
:cloud:

30stone
10-08-2009, 07:35 PM
LOL

Arshavin 2. Yobo cant keep up with Arshavin.

RVP 1 from a free kick.

And Eduardo 1 just coz hes quality..

We have some well fast players when i think about it lol.

Novo
10-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Yobo could beat arshavin in a race

Yobo Runs like the wind

30stone
10-08-2009, 07:53 PM
LOL

Yobo beat Arshavin?? ahahahh

Johann
10-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Yea, no way can Yobo outrun Arshavin. Arshavin is faster than I thought - perfect example was him catching up to that ball and scoring against Athletico a couple weeks ago. Oh, and let's not forget his surging 90min run up the pitch to score his 4th against Liverpool. He caught up with Walcott ffs!! :shocked: No easy feat! :bigsmile:

Novo
10-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Arshavin is fat and stumpy

Novo
10-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Emile heskey could outrun him

30stone
10-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Heskey lol..

Walcott
Arshavin
Clichy
Rosicky
Eduardo

All very fast..

Novo
10-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Fast until yobo does a crunching tackle on them

30stone
10-08-2009, 10:03 PM
And gets red carded leaving a space in your defence for one of them to run through..

Johann
10-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Actually, looking at Everton's injury list, theyre missing a lot of key players. Fellaini, Yakubu, Arteta, Jagielka, Jo, Anichebe. They're there for the taking in all honesty. Having said that, we may still yet get more injuries thanks to the ****ing internationals right before the new season.

30stone
10-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Yeh i know that will be annoying

Vermaelen will be back for everton which is good.

Nasri and Rosicky is annoying though 2 key players.

Nasri will be back in 4 weeks apparently though..

Locke.
10-08-2009, 10:45 PM
I just know that one of our key players are going to be injured playing for their country this week :bored:

Novo
10-08-2009, 10:50 PM
If Jo is injured for the arsenal game then our squad will be

-----------------Howard-------------

Hibbert----Lescott-----Yobo--------Baines

------------------Neville---------------------

-------Gosling------Osman--------Pienaar-------

------------Saha-----------Cahill-------------------

30stone
10-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Wouldnt cahill play behind saha, like gerrard behind torres?

and Yes same david, i can see a 6 week to 3 month injury...

Novo
10-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Cahill played upfront with fellani for 3/4 weeks last season So i think he would just go straight up front with saha

Novo
10-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Cahill can ou tjump every arsenal defender so having him upfront is a great idea

Novo
10-08-2009, 11:00 PM
8 everton players in action this week for there International teams

Great.....

Tuesday 11 August:

Jack Rodwell (England Under-21s)
Friendly: Holland Under-21s v England Under-21s, Groningen, 7.30pm

James Vaughan (England Under-21s)
Friendly: Holland Under-21s v England Under-21s, Groningen, 7.30pm

Wednesday 12 August:

Tim Cahill (Australia),
Friendly: Republic of Ireland v Australia, Limerick, 7.45pm

Joleon Lescott (England),
Friendly: Holland v England, Amsterdam, 7.45pm

Marouane Fellaini (Belgium),
Friendly: Czech Republic v Belgium, Prague, 4.20pm

Shane Duffy (Northern Ireland Under-21s)
Portugal Under 21s V Republic of Ireland Under-21s, Guarda, 6.15pm

Tim Howard (USA),
World Cup Qualifyer: USA v Mexico, Mexico City, 9pm

Steven Pienaar (South Africa),
Friendly: South Africa v Serbia, Pretoria, 6pm

30stone
10-08-2009, 11:03 PM
My bet is...

Rodwell for an injury.

Max out 4 weeks.

How much do i win if i get it right andy?

30stone
10-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Cahill played upfront with fellani for 3/4 weeks last season So i think he would just go straight up front with saha
Didnt realise that though he just played behind making forward runs to keep the midfield tight.

Locke.
10-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Baxter will start and put a hattrick past Almunia

Novo
10-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by David
Baxter will start and put a hattrick past Almunia

Baxter will make Walcott look slow

30stone
10-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Lol!

so he will make torres look like an average striker to i guess?

Novo
10-08-2009, 11:11 PM
EVERTON have rejected a bid from Stoke City to sign James Vaughan

Ambitious Stoke are aiming to cement their place in the Premier League and had targeted the 21-year-old.

The Potters offered a down payment of £2million with the fee rising to £5m depending on Vaughan’s appearances and progress.

Johann
10-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Credit to Moyes for staying true to his word (so far) about not letting any players leave.

Novo
10-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Moyes tells other teams where to stick it :hello::hello:

Locke.
10-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Manchester City Will Sign Joleon Lescott Within 36 Hours - Report

British media outlet Sportsmail has reported that Manchester City have been encouraged to continue their pursuit of Joleon Lescott from Everton - and that the deal could well be over within the next 36 hours.

It is understood that, despite the deal being declared all but dead at the weekend, the Citizens were told to follow up their previous inquiries regarding the player who is tipped to be sold at £20 million plus add-ons.

Mark Hughes has already spent in excess of £95 million this year strengthening his squad and the Welshman believes that Lescott is the perfect player to pair Kolo Toure in a left-foot, right-foot partnership at the centre of City's defence.

If Hughes is successful in signing Lescott, it is expected that the defender will feature in City's first Premier League game against Blackburn.

Novo
10-08-2009, 11:20 PM
Hughes will fail

Lescott will be starting against arsenal

30stone
10-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Moyes has said hes a bit worried over the lack of action in the transfer market..

Novo
10-08-2009, 11:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmamRtCTqYA

Jose the special one

30stone
11-08-2009, 12:13 AM
I don't see the point in this advert...

He says the premiership is no longer the best league in the world, and now hes doing this, which pretty much shows premiership games...

He wants to be manager at utd after ferguson.. they will continue to dominate if he does.

Fergie is looking relly old and tired at the moment come to think of it..

Novo
11-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Mourinho as manager off man utd

that would be immense

Novo
11-08-2009, 12:23 AM
BLUES MADE DE ROSSI BID - ROMA

Roma official Bruno Conti claims he was approached by Chelsea regarding the availability of Daniele De Rossi.

The Blues have been strongly linked with a host of players during the summer transfer window as Carlo Ancelotti looks to piece together a side capable of wrestling the Premier League title from the clutches of Manchester United.

The Italian coach is believed to have cast his eye over a number of those plying their trade in his homeland, with employees of former club AC Milan dominating the headlines.

However, it appears that Roma midfielder De Rossi has also fallen under his radar, with a big-money approach reported to have been lodged.

"I've personally had a call from Ancelotti to take the player to Chelsea. But Daniele is untouchable," Conti told Radio Radio.

"The offer was of a lot of money, but it has been refused."

Roma president Rosella Sensi has also moved to distance the club from any suggestion that they would be prepared to part with the Italy international.

"De Rossi isn't and won't be for sale. He remains with us", she said.

Sensi also admitted that the decision to offload Alberto Aquilani to Liverpool was a tough call to make.

"It was a difficult choice. But he deserved a big club," added the club supremo.

Novo
11-08-2009, 12:24 AM
WENGER: NO IMMINENT SIGNINGS

Arsene Wenger admits he could well now head into the first game of the Barclays Premier League campaign with the squad he has now - and will "trust" his men to deliver.

The Gunners completed their build-up at Valencia on Saturday night, losing 2-0 in the Mestalla which was the only defeat of pre-season.

With the majority of the first-team squad now set to be away on international duty - including Theo Walcott with England and youngster Jack Wilshere in the Under-21s - Wenger is keeping his fingers crossed he will have no fresh injury concerns when the players return ahead of Saturday's trip to Everton, which is set to be closely followed by the first leg of the Champions League qualifier against Celtic in Glasgow.

Moves for former captain Patrick Vieira and Bordeaux's £12million-rated Morocco striker Marouane Chamakh appear no further forwards, while Arsenal have also been linked with St Etienne midfielder Blaise Matuidi.

Defender Philippe Senderos is expected to join Everton, if a fee can be agreed, although the club will not entertain any interest in captain Cesc Fabregas, who has, not for the first time this summer, been linked with a transfer to Barcelona.

Wenger has complete faith in the men already at Emirates Stadium.

"Not at the moment, no," said Wenger when asked if there was any imminent news on the transfer front.

"We work always, but it would be pretentious to say that we signed anybody now before the season starts."

He told Arsenal TV Online: "I am very optimistic about the season and I am very positive about this team.

"We always have to listen to peoples' opinions, but you also have to trust what you see in the games and in training.

"Overall it was very positive preparation, and I believe we have shown quality in every game.

Novo
11-08-2009, 12:24 AM
NO ENVY FROM ROONEY

Wayne Rooney is not interested in casting envious glances at Real Madrid or Manchester City with the England forward confident Manchester United already have the quality at their disposal to land the major prizes.

The entire football world has been staggered at the enormous amounts of money shelled out by the men controlling the purse strings at the Bernabeu and Eastlands.

It seems like every few days another expensive purchase is being agreed, with Real smashing the world transfer record twice in a single week to land Kaka and then Cristiano Ronaldo.

City have profited at United's expense too by acquiring Carlos Tevez, while Matthew Upson is said to be top of the list of alternatives should Joleon Lescott's capture from Everton prove elusive.

Rooney is interested to see how it works out for the big-spending pair. But he is not jealous, or worried about what it means for United.

"There is no element of jealousy at the money City and Real Madrid have been spending," he said.

"If our manager felt he needed to spend he would.

"But I don't believe we need too many changes. We have won the league for the last three seasons and reached the Champions League final twice in a row, so why would we need five or six players?

"I think the manager has probably got it right."

Sir Alex Ferguson would almost certainly have bought another experienced striker if the summer prices had not been so prohibitive.

An offer was made to Lyon for Karim Benzema, only for Ferguson to pull out when the price went over £30million, leaving the French international to join the Real Madrid throng.

There is interest in Atletico Madrid's young Argentina forward Sergei Aguero, only for United to be faced with a £50million fee which they are not willing to pay.

So, for all the promise of Federico Macheda, the Red Devils do appear to be a striker short which, after losing a player who has contributed an average goal tally in excess of 30 a year for the last three seasons, raises inevitable questions, which Rooney is content will be answered.

"Cristiano is the best player in the world," he said.

"If you lose him of course there are going to be questions asked.

"But we have brought Michael Owen and Antonio Valencia in and they have settled in fairly quickly so it is on us to build on that.

"We might need to play a little bit of a different style to try and keep winning games and trying to win trophies but I am confident we will manage it."

There is nothing revolutionary about the new style, merely a return to a couple of orthodox wide players, with one striker dropping behind another.

In theory then, a return to the role Rooney likes best, the one where he has proved so effective for England.

Except the same thing was promised by Ferguson 12 months ago and it did not quite materialise as Ronaldo's increasing reluctance to do any defending left a gap on the wing Rooney was eventually called upon to fill.

"The manager has said I will play a more central role and I have said quite often that it is my preferred position," he smiled.

"I am not sure whether it will happen, whatever the manager says goes. But I was delighted to play there against Chelsea yesterday and I hope to stay there for most of the season.

"Put it this way, if I keep scoring goals from this position it will justify why I have been selected there and then I don't see any reason why he would play me out wide."

Rooney has certainly made a good start judging by his performance against Chelsea in the Community Shield yesterday.

And, for all the furore that surrounds Owen, Dimitar Berbatov would appear to be the man most likely to partner him.

So often a peripheral figure last term, United's £30.75million record signing seems to have a renewed vigour ahead of his second season at Old Trafford.

Rooney can sense it, which is why he is expecting big things of the Bulgarian.

"You can see in training and games during pre-season Dimitar has looked sharper," he said.

"He looks like he is more determined.

"He is tracking back with the full-backs in pre-season and is definitely working harder and trying to impress.

"He is a brilliant player. He has so much quality he has got and we all want him to show it."

Novo
11-08-2009, 12:27 AM
Hull City boss Phil Brown has revealed striker Henri Camara, available on a free transfer after leaving Wigan Athletic, could be close to a move.

Novo
11-08-2009, 12:27 AM
Liverpool are keen on signing Japanese star Keisuke Honda, who is currently playing in Holland for VVV Venlo

30stone
11-08-2009, 12:32 AM
WENGER: NO IMMINENT SIGNINGS

Arsene Wenger admits he could well now head into the first game of the Barclays Premier League campaign with the squad he has now - and will "trust" his men to deliver.

The Gunners completed their build-up at Valencia on Saturday night, losing 2-0 in the Mestalla which was the only defeat of pre-season.

With the majority of the first-team squad now set to be away on international duty - including Theo Walcott with England and youngster Jack Wilshere in the Under-21s - Wenger is keeping his fingers crossed he will have no fresh injury concerns when the players return ahead of Saturday's trip to Everton, which is set to be closely followed by the first leg of the Champions League qualifier against Celtic in Glasgow.

Moves for former captain Patrick Vieira and Bordeaux's £12million-rated Morocco striker Marouane Chamakh appear no further forwards, while Arsenal have also been linked with St Etienne midfielder Blaise Matuidi.

Defender Philippe Senderos is expected to join Everton, if a fee can be agreed, although the club will not entertain any interest in captain Cesc Fabregas, who has, not for the first time this summer, been linked with a transfer to Barcelona.

Wenger has complete faith in the men already at Emirates Stadium.

"Not at the moment, no," said Wenger when asked if there was any imminent news on the transfer front.

"We work always, but it would be pretentious to say that we signed anybody now before the season starts."

He told Arsenal TV Online: "I am very optimistic about the season and I am very positive about this team.

"We always have to listen to peoples' opinions, but you also have to trust what you see in the games and in training.

"Overall it was very positive preparation, and I believe we have shown quality in every game.

This is a couple of days old.

I think we will get Chamakh...

Novo
11-08-2009, 12:35 AM
Chamakh is Jo standard

Not as good as Saha though

Johann
11-08-2009, 12:37 AM
We need a DM and CB - if not then I'm writing off our chances of winning anything this year. He acknowledged what was missing at the end of last season but has so far brought in just the one player. At least there's still 20 days to go in the window but right now it looks rather ominous.

P.S. 30stone, sent u a U2U a few minutes ago. ;)

Novo
11-08-2009, 12:39 AM
Reports suggest Blackburn and West Ham are chasing Real Madrid legend Michel Salgado. The full-back will be available as a free agent.

30stone
11-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Chamah is a good player and knows where the goal is.

With a team like arsenal around him im sure he will be quality.

And yeh i think we definately need at least 1 new player..

I still think we could win Carling or F.A cup though, like we can still beat the best, just has to be the right day, as we proved against united and chelsea in the first half of the season.

King Gizzard
11-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Reports in turkey suggest weve agreed a price for Tuncay, 7million or a cash and harewood deal

I'd take him him, nifty little player who will shine in a better team than Boro

Novo
11-08-2009, 12:44 AM
Greek outfit Iraklis Salonica have taken Napoli midfielder Sam Dalla Bona on a season-long loan.

LOL i remember dalla bona at chelsea

Johann
11-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by 30stone
Chamah is a good player and knows where the goal is.

With a team like arsenal around him im sure he will be quality.

And yeh i think we definately need at least 1 new player..

I still think we could win Carling or F.A cup though, like we can still beat the best, just has to be the right day, as we proved against united and chelsea in the first half of the season.

Consistency is the key for this team - like you say, on our day we can beat absolutely anybody. But it depends if we want to be bothered or not. Sometimes I think we have a different attitude for games against the top 4 as opposed to games against teams such as Hull, Stoke etc. A bit of over-confidence creeps in our game because we think the game is already won -- and look what happened when we played those two last season; 2 losses.

King Gizzard
11-08-2009, 12:49 AM
Milner-- Petrov-- Delph/NRC --Young
-------Tuncay-------------------
----------------Carew------------

sounds good to me

30stone
11-08-2009, 12:49 AM
Yeah it is, and particular players need to keep the consistancy to..
Players like Walcott.. And Van Persie sometimes..

Novo
11-08-2009, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Hewman
Milner-- Petrov-- Delph/NRC --Young
-------Tuncay-------------------
----------------Carew------------

sounds good to me

Not a downing fan?

King Gizzard
11-08-2009, 12:53 AM
hes alright, but hes out till december plus he wont get in ahead of young

Novo
11-08-2009, 12:57 AM
Don't know why aston villa wasted so much money on downing

King Gizzard
11-08-2009, 01:00 AM
I know, it bemused me

can only mean we ll let young leave next season

30stone
11-08-2009, 01:04 AM
- Barca have said that they give up on fabregas for now and will try to sign him next summer. - Sadly if we dont win at least F.A cup i think he's gone

- Hangeland has let his agent deal with everything so he can just focus on playing football. - I think if we make a good offer he would come to us, not sure wenger will now though..

- Patrick Viera is still waiting for a phone call from Wenger and wants to move back to his former club Arsenal - Would be great if he did put in an offer as we need someone to help the youth and he would still be a great player

- Marouane Chamakh has again appealed to current club Bordeaux to make his move to Arsenal much easier as the Moroccan grows desperate over the unending transfer saga. - Im starting to think that he would be a great addition to the Arsenal Squad, Eduardo Chamakh RVP and Arshavin would be great

Johann
11-08-2009, 01:04 AM
Downing is the most overrated player I've ever seen. 12M is a laughable fee tbh. He wasn't even the best player at Boro' (Tuncay is imo).

King Gizzard
11-08-2009, 01:06 AM
I want huth, we would make him into a brilliant german cb..

Downing i didnt want him before he signed but now hes wearing the claret n blue i can only support him

Johann
11-08-2009, 01:07 AM
I know, it bemused me

which would be an extremely stupid move. why on earth would you replace young with downing? the two arent even comparable. give me ashley young any day of the week.

King Gizzard
11-08-2009, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by jt89
I know, it bemused me

which would be an extremely stupid move. why on earth would you replace young with downing? the two arent even comparable. give me ashley young any day of the week.

i agree completely

just dont see why mon would fork out 12 mill for someone who wont play

young is one of the players we should be building our team around

Shaun
11-08-2009, 02:05 AM
First, yay, Torquay won their first game (since returning to the football league) 2-0 :)

Second, bought the Times today, they had an interesting Top 10 pull-out for a number of things (nothing official, just opinions, like Best Teams, Best Goals, Best Players etc.)

Will go and find it now

Shaun
11-08-2009, 02:13 AM
Supposedly:

Top Ten Premier League Goalkeepers [of all time]
1. Peter Schmeichel (ManUtd)
2. Petr Cech (Chelsea)
3. Shay Given (New)
4. David Seaman (Ars)
5. Nigel Martyn (Leeds)
6. 'Pepe' Reina (Liv)
7. Edwin Van-Der-Sar (Ful/ManU)
8. David James (Ports, others)
9. Brad Friedel (Blackburn)
10. Paul Robinson (Tot)

Defenders:
1. Rio Ferdinand
2. Tony Adams
3. John Terry
4. Jaap Stam
5. Ashley Cole
6. Sol Campbell
7. Stuart Pearce
8. Jamie Carragher
9. Gary Neville
10. Lucas Radebe

Midfielders:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo
2. Steven Gerrard
3. Frank Lampard
4. Paul Ince
5. Cesc Fabregas
6. Ryan Giggs
7. Patrick Vieira
8. Roy Keane
9. David Beckham
10. Eyal Berkovic

Forwards:
1. Thierry Henry
2. Alan Shearer
3. Wayne Rooney
4. Fernando Torres
5. Dennis Bergkamp
6. Eric Cantona
7. Robbie Fowler
8. Peter Beardsley
9. Ian Wright
10. Matthew Le Tissier

slightly...interesting lists. Will post more.

Shaun
11-08-2009, 02:17 AM
Players of all-time:
1. Pelé
2. Diego Maradona
3. Afredo di Stefano
4. George Best
5. Johan Cruyff
6. Franz Beckenbauer
7. Michel Platini
8. Garrincha
9. Bobby Moore
10. Paolo Maldini

Managers:
1. Rinus Michels
2. Alex Ferguson
3. Ernst Happel
4. Sir Matt Busby
5. Brian Clough
6. Bill Shankly
7. Bob Paisley
8. Arrigo Sacchi
9. Helenio Herrera
10. Arsene Wenger

Premiership Teams:
1. Arsenal 2001-2004 - The undefeated season
2. Manchester United 2006-present
3. Chelsea 2004-present
4. Manchester United 1995-2001
5. Liverpool 1987-1990
6. Everton 1984-87
7. Manchester United 1992-94
8. Arsenal 1997-99
9. Blackburn Rovers 1994-5
10. Newcastle United 1994-96

Brad.
11-08-2009, 02:22 AM
shaun, where did ya get those from?? (are they your lists)

andyman
11-08-2009, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Shaun
Players of all-time:
1. Pelé
2. Diego Maradona
3. Afredo di Stefano
4. George Best
5. Johan Cruyff
6. Franz Beckenbauer
7. Michel Platini
8. Garrincha
9. Bobby Moore
10. Paolo Maldini

Managers:
1. Rinus Michels
2. Alex Ferguson
3. Ernst Happel
4. Sir Matt Busby
5. Brian Clough
6. Bill Shankly
7. Bob Paisley
8. Arrigo Sacchi
9. Helenio Herrera
10. Arsene Wenger

Premiership Teams:
1. Arsenal 2001-2004 - The undefeated season
2. Manchester United 2006-present
3. Chelsea 2004-present
4. Manchester United 1995-2001
5. Liverpool 1987-1990
6. Everton 1984-87
7. Manchester United 1992-94
8. Arsenal 1997-99
9. Blackburn Rovers 1994-5
10. Newcastle United 1994-96 Wrong!..
The truth is.. 1. Liverpool 1892-present.

Plus Liverpool have got better and better beating everyone since 2001.

Pre-2001-amazing.
Post-2001-world class!

:thumbs:

Novo
11-08-2009, 02:38 AM
Don't know how the treble winning 98/99 man united team is not there

Novo
11-08-2009, 02:40 AM
Cesc fabregas #5 in midfielders

:bored:

andyman
11-08-2009, 02:41 AM
Andy, no1curr about Man Utd..

What the flying muck?! Did i just type that? :yuk:

Novo
11-08-2009, 02:43 AM
Andyman you need to visit the Old wise Ninja

andyman
11-08-2009, 02:44 AM
:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Torres should be number 1.

andyman
11-08-2009, 02:47 AM
Feck that, that old ninja is a drunken fool!.. Don't tell him i said that.:sad:

Novo
11-08-2009, 02:47 AM
Duncan ferguson and Kevin campbell should be there

andyman
11-08-2009, 02:52 AM
105 hours till kick-off.. :bigsmile:
Thats only 6300 mins.:dance2:

andyman
11-08-2009, 02:53 AM
Rodger Miller should be there.

Jayson
11-08-2009, 02:59 AM
MoTD isn't in HD still :sad:

Novo
11-08-2009, 03:02 AM
[quote]Originally posted by andyman
105 hours till kick-off.. :bigsmile:
Thats only 6300 mins.:dance2: [/quote

]:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

andyman
11-08-2009, 03:04 AM
No1curr about HD..

Holy christ i've done it again! :bawling:

There will be reasons why it's not in HD, rights and all that funk.

Locke.
11-08-2009, 03:06 AM
Andyman :nono: Any more of this zeta talk and off with your head!

Jayson
11-08-2009, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by andyman
No1curr about HD..

There will be reasons why it's not in HD, rights and all that funk. IKR, god damn it ILY, TTYN.

Ohay, no1curr about your dilemma's.

:yuk::yuk::yuk:

Brad.
11-08-2009, 03:07 AM
No1curr about HD..

There will be reasons why it's not in HD, rights and all that funk.

:shocked:

you must be ill..

and yeah, just 4 more days until kick off!! :dance2:

Novo
11-08-2009, 03:08 AM
Stop it :nono:

Jayson
11-08-2009, 03:09 AM
I need to wash my... erm... keyboard... out with soap now.

Novo
Yes you do

:yuk:

Jayson
I don't actually know what no1curr means, lol.

Brad.
11-08-2009, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Jayson
I need to wash my... erm... keyboard... out with soap now.

yes, wash your hands too. :yuk:

Brad.
11-08-2009, 03:10 AM

its 'no-one cares'.

Jayson
11-08-2009, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Bradley.

its 'no-one cares'. Well that's stupid, makes no sense.

Brad.
11-08-2009, 03:13 AM

its 'no-one cares'. Well that's stupid, makes no sense.

Its zeta talk, take no notice

Novo
11-08-2009, 03:13 AM
Jayson you were the only person in the carling cup prediction game to get tonights score right

i shall be top after tomorrow though

Brad.
11-08-2009, 03:14 AM
Jayson you were the only person in the carling cup prediction game to get tonights score right

i shall be top after tomorrow though

We shall see about that..

Jayson
11-08-2009, 03:16 AM
Hangeland 'in no rush'
Norwegian defender happy at Fulham

Brede Hangeland is refusing to be distracted by mounting speculation regarding his future.

The Fulham defender continues to be the topic of much debate this summer, with a number of clubs reported to be tracking his progress.

The likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea have all been mentioned, although no formal approach has been made.

Hangeland insists that situation suits him just fine, with the towering centre-half happy to put the issue to the back of his mind until something tangible materialises.

"That is something I will think about if that comes about," he told Sky Sports News from Norway's training camp ahead of their 2010 World Cup qualifier with Scotland on Wednesday.

"Right now I am concentrating on doing a job for Fulham and for Norway in an important game on Wednesday."
Settled

Hangeland believes his form during his time at Craven Cottage has greatly improved the more comfortable he has felt in England and he feels he is starting to show what he is capable of.

"I think when you come to a league like that it takes some time to settle and I think last season I did that," he added.

"I was happy with my performances and those of the team."

Hangeland helped Fulham secure seventh spot in the Premier League last season, earning them a Europa League berth, and he is adamant that he has no desire to leave Roy Hodgson's progressive side.

"I have said all the time that I have had a great 18 months there and it is a great club. I'm in no rush to go anywhere," he said.

Shaun

No, there was a supplement in today's "The Times" (every Monday they do a "The Game" pull-out)

30stone

Wahts the problem hes amazing?

Jayson
I got the score right?! :cheer2:

Shame it's not the Prem game though :tongue:

Brad.
11-08-2009, 03:17 AM

No, there was a supplement in today's "The Times" (every Monday they do a "The Game" pull-out)

Brad.
11-08-2009, 03:18 AM
I got the score right?! :cheer2:

Shame it's not the Prem game though :tongue:

just one score.. :tongue:

Novo
11-08-2009, 03:18 AM

Hardly #5 in the best premierleague midfielders ever though....

Brad.
11-08-2009, 03:19 AM

Hardly #5 in the best premierleague midfielders ever though....

Agreed, definitely not

Jayson
11-08-2009, 03:20 AM
Cesc is a fantastic Midfielder, but it is too hard to do an all time list because football has changed too much over the years.

Brad.
11-08-2009, 03:21 AM
Cesc is a fantastic Midfielder, but it is too hard to do an all time list because football has changed too much over the years.

very true :thumbs:

Novo
11-08-2009, 03:24 AM
Gerrard
Lampard
Viera
Keane
Beckham
Giggs
Scholes
Pires
Ince
Mcmanaman
Parlour
Ginola
Gasgoine!!!!??????

My list

Novo
11-08-2009, 03:26 AM
Eyal Berkovic made the list

and gasgoine didn't

:nono:

andyman
11-08-2009, 03:27 AM
That keeper who worn that silly bobble hat in the Faroe Island v England game should be in the list.

andyman
That keeper who worn that silly bobble hat in the Faroe Island v England game should be in the list.

Jayson
I can't be asked to make a list but I can tell you that Pires is in my top 10.

Brad.
11-08-2009, 03:28 AM

:shocked::shocked:

imo Pires was shiit

Novo
11-08-2009, 03:30 AM
Pires was amazing and still is now

andyman
11-08-2009, 03:30 AM
Liverpool have a new striker, Techno Viking! age unknown but he will put the fear into any defence as he dances round them knocking the goals in.

Jayson
11-08-2009, 03:31 AM
Pires was amazing and still is now This :laugh:

Finally me and Andy agree over something :joker:

Brad.
11-08-2009, 03:32 AM
Classic pires!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spuvWxlnya0

Johann

imo Pires was shiit

Are you having a laugh?

andyman
Pires was... Ok, nothing more.

Brad.
11-08-2009, 03:34 AM

imo Pires was shiit

Are you having a laugh?

I havent heard about him since he left arsenal, so he cant be that special. he wasnt exactly the best at arsenal when he left anyway.....

Jayson
11-08-2009, 03:35 AM
Classic pires!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spuvWxlnya0 The interview afterwards was better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu-fEkHCS6w

Shaun
11-08-2009, 03:36 AM
My Arsenal Dream-Team midfield would have Overmars, Vieira, Fabregas and Ljungberg. Pires was great too but I always liked Overmars for some reason. Probably the name.

Jayson
11-08-2009, 03:38 AM
Overmars was a fave of mine too Shaun, and Bergkamp was an invincible striker.

Ljungberg was good when he had the red bit in his hair, but after he shaved that off he went cold.

Brad.
My Arsenal Dream-Team midfield would have Overmars, Vieira, Fabregas and Ljungberg. Pires was great too but I always liked Overmars for some reason. Probably the name.

didnt even know there was such a player as overmars.. :tongue:

andyman
Pires was just a flash in a pan..
Then again Arsenal need 2nd rate Pires back...

Novo
11-08-2009, 03:41 AM
Marc Overmars
Emmanuel Petit
Gilles Grimandi
Ray Parlour

Jayson
11-08-2009, 03:42 AM
Parlour was a good player too, but lost his magic after 2003.

andyman
11-08-2009, 03:44 AM
Arsenal have been a broken team since Henry left.. Those cracks will never be fixed until the Manager is told to go.. :bigsmile:

30stone

Pires woul dbe my number 1..

Novo
Oleg Luzhny

Great arsenal defender

:bigsmile:

Brad.
11-08-2009, 03:45 AM
Arsenal have been a broken team since Henry left.. Those cracks will never be fixed until the Manager is told to go.. :bigsmile:

a managerial change at both arsenal and man utd wouldnt go amiss at the end of this season

Jayson
LOL, there was a hilarious song for Luzhny, can't remember it though :spin2:

Novo
My #1 would be Ronaldo by some distance

Gerrard Lampard and scholes #2 #3 and #4

Johann

imo Pires was shiit

Are you having a laugh?

I havent heard about him since he left arsenal, so he cant be that special. he wasnt exactly the best at arsenal when he left anyway.....

You hardly ever hear about former Arsenal players bar Thierry Henry of last season because Wenger has a knack of getting rid of players at the right time. When he left Arsenal he was 33; we hardly keep players over 30 but he was an exception because he was still a class act up until he left. Obviously he wasn't the best player there but at 33 you expect to lose that yard of pace, especially in such a demanding league like the Premiership.

But when he was in his prime he was undoubtedly one of the finest wingers to be playing the game -- an integral part of our unbeaten season and FA Cup triumphs. Easily one of Wenger's best ever signings and very much an Arsenal legend.

SUUUUPER SUPER ROB, SUPER ROBERT PIRES! :dance:

Jayson
11-08-2009, 03:46 AM
Ben, you need to take one of your teams out of the Fantasy League.

Shaun
11-08-2009, 03:46 AM
-tries to remember obscure 90s Arsenal players-

John Lukic. Davor Suker. Martin Keown. Nelson Vivas. Christopher Wreh.

Jayson
11-08-2009, 03:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuk0qYxHjQA

Jayson
11-08-2009, 03:48 AM

John Lukic. Davor Suker. Martin Keown. Nelson Vivas. Christopher Wreh. Memories coming back, lol.

Brad.
11-08-2009, 03:49 AM

the only one i remember out of them is Keown lol

Novo
11-08-2009, 03:49 AM

Davor suker was quality i remember him having an amazing world cup (think it was 1998 he was one off the top goalscorers)

andyman
11-08-2009, 03:50 AM
Linderman? Litchmen? Fek sake! Whats his name?
Liverpool player back in mid 90s, around that time?
Not a goal scorer but he was in midfield/winger and set up loads of goals with his playing style, quick thinker on the ball.
From Finland i think..

Yeah he was good.

Johann

We nearly won the league in the same season that he left - his departure was actually good for the rest of the players as we didn't have someone as classy as him to rely on every game. Plus he wasn't the same player -- he had his best years at Arsenal and it was time to move on. We haven't been the same since Vieira left - we don't have the leadership and driving force that propelled us to the 3 league titles and FA Cup wins.

30stone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28S8kFG7hBM

Maes me miss him, Rosicky has taen his place now, if he wasn't injured so much, he would be close to pires quality..

Johann
11-08-2009, 03:51 AM
Not a goal scorer but he was in midfield/winger and set up loads of goals with his playing style, quick thinker on the ball.
From Finland i think..

Yeah he was good.

Jari Litmanen.

Jayson
11-08-2009, 03:52 AM
Oh yeah, Litmanen was a good player for L'pool.

Novo
11-08-2009, 03:52 AM
From Finland i think..

Yeah he was good.

Jari Litmanen?

Jayson
11-08-2009, 03:53 AM
My favourite Liverpool player of all time is Bruce Grobbelaar, fantastic GK, best Liverpool have ever had.

Novo
11-08-2009, 03:54 AM
Oyvind Leonhardsen

Jayson
11-08-2009, 03:54 AM
Who?

Novo
11-08-2009, 03:55 AM
think he played for Villa

I remember him on CM 01/02

Locke.
11-08-2009, 03:55 AM
1. Henry
2. Torres
3. Van Nistelrooy
4. Owen
5. Zola

Johann
11-08-2009, 03:56 AM
Egil Ostenstad - I remember he ripped Man Utd a new one in that 6-3 win with Southampton.

Novo
11-08-2009, 03:57 AM
1. Henry
2. Torres
3. Van Nistelrooy
4. Owen
5. Zola

No room for Francis Jeffers?

Johann
think he played for Villa

I remember him on CM 01/02

He also played for Wimbledon and had a spell with Liverpool and Spurs.

Jayson
I thought that the Yorke and Cole partnership was amazing, that was the only time that I though Utd weren't scum.

Novo
11-08-2009, 03:58 AM
Egil Ostenstad - I remember he ripped Man Utd a new one in that 6-3 win with Southampton.

he was a rangers flop

andyman
1996 was a great year for football, after Euro96 many clubs started to buy players from overseas, even though club were doing it anyway, Euro96 brought many top names into England for them two weeks and many clubs snapped them up..

After that the English league became better and better..

30stone
1. Henry
2. Torres
3. Van Nistelrooy
4. Owen
5. Zola

LOL

I am happy to see that david, having henry first :thumbs:
Not what i expected from a liverpool fan but its good to see.

Locke.
11-08-2009, 03:59 AM
1. Henry
2. Torres
3. Van Nistelrooy
4. Owen
5. Zola

He is number 845

Jayson
11-08-2009, 04:00 AM
Yes, foreign players make the Premier League the best league in the world :spin:

However Man Utd are ruining it with their dominance, it is becoming too predictable.

Johann
11-08-2009, 04:01 AM
Is that a list of the best strikers to every play in the league? If that's the case then surely Shearer has got to be in there - his record his phenomenal.

30stone
11-08-2009, 04:02 AM
Alan Shearer at blackburn.. scoring 34 in the 1994 / 1995 season when they won the premiership

With Robbie fowler to who scored 25 for liverpool that season.

Jayson
11-08-2009, 04:03 AM
Shearer was immense, I worshiped him. Amazing striker.

Jayson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWNCwHNsuuU

30stone
jt89 funny u was saying that as i was typing it..

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:04 AM
Yes, foreign players make the Premier League the best league in the world :spin:

However Man Utd are ruining it with their dominance, it is becoming too predictable.

It aint there fault there great

:spin:

30stone
11-08-2009, 04:04 AM
Blacburn were such a great team, Give it 3 years they will be in the europa league..

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:05 AM
Blacburn were such a great team, Give it 3 years they will be in the europa league..

:joker:

No give it three years and they will be relegated

Shaun
11-08-2009, 04:05 AM
I remember a lot of the Chelsea teams of the 90s too (my dad's a fan), and Zola was amazing. I remember a Petrescu, Gianluca Vialli, Di Matteo, Labeouf, Gullit, Poyet, Flo...

I should probably hate them but I do quite like Chelsea.

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:06 AM
Pompey are in deep **** this season i think

Jayson
11-08-2009, 04:06 AM

It aint there fault there great

:spin: There is no denying that they have been the best team recently, but this year I cannot see them winning, their team is poor compared to last seasons and they only just scraped the title by 4 points last year.

andyman
11-08-2009, 04:07 AM
From Finland i think..

Yeah he was good.

Jari Litmanen. Thats the guy!

:dance:

Jayson
11-08-2009, 04:07 AM
Pompey are in deep **** this season i think It is only a matter of time tbh, they were looking like relegation last season and now they have lost Glenn Johnson it is not looking good.

Jayson
11-08-2009, 04:08 AM
I remember a lot of the Chelsea teams of the 90s too (my dad's a fan), and Zola was amazing. I remember a Petrescu, Gianluca Vialli, Di Matteo, Labeouf, Gullit, Poyet, Flo...

I should probably hate them but I do quite like Chelsea. What about Dennis Wise? :shocked:

Johann
11-08-2009, 04:09 AM
This season will be much closer I think - and for the better too. This may be the most exciting season in a very long time -- fingers crossed!!........that Arsenal are champions come May!! :thumbs2:

Jayson
11-08-2009, 04:09 AM

No give it three years and they will be relegated Yep, they will go down with Pompey.

It is funny when foreign people I meet on my travels still think Blackburn are the best team because they don't follow English football any more :joker:

30stone
11-08-2009, 04:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN4O1JGdBiY

LOOK at the top 5 goals, they are amazing.

#1 against liverpool lol.

I think number 3 was the best. Amazing player would be a god coach at Arsenal in a few years for the youngsters.

Jayson
This season will be much closer I think - and for the better too. This may be the most exciting season in a very long time -- fingers crossed!!........that Arsenal are champions come May!! :thumbs2: Be realistic, lmao.

If Arsenal win the season then I will run around naked in the streets of London. And take pictures.

Novo
Burnley portsmouth and birmingham will go down i reckon

30stone
11-08-2009, 04:11 AM
This season will be much closer I think - and for the better too. This may be the most exciting season in a very long time -- fingers crossed!!........that Arsenal are champions come May!! :thumbs2:

Yes any of the top 4 could take the title this season its so split.

Very close meaning it will be more exciting.

And im the same as you im optimistic that we can do great things this season.

andyman
11-08-2009, 04:11 AM
Who was that Italian guy that went to Middlesboro?
I'm sure he had a gimmick with his shirt when he scored.

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:12 AM
Who was that Italian guy that went to Middlesboro?
I'm sure he had a gimmick with his shirt when he scored.

Fabrizio Ravanelli :joker:

Johann
This season will be much closer I think - and for the better too. This may be the most exciting season in a very long time -- fingers crossed!!........that Arsenal are champions come May!! :thumbs2: Be realistic, lmao.

If Arsenal win the season then I will run around naked in the streets of London. And take pictures.

Yea I would do the same....not London though, Miami. :joker: We gotta be optimistic though.

30stone

Be optimistic.

Don't count us out.

Im sick of Arsenal fans saying that we wont get anythign we ent good eough my dads like that.

30stone
11-08-2009, 04:13 AM
Patrick Burger the most memorable liverpool player for me...

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:13 AM
Man city will be breathing down Arsenals neck this season

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:14 AM
Patrick Burger the most memorable liverpool player for me...

hated that ****

Jayson
I think we should aim for the FA Cup and Champions League, because we play well in Europe.

I am hoping for at the most 2nd in the league.

30stone

Why Arsenals?

Could be anyones.

And i think man city will finish under everton and villa..

Jayson
I think the teams relegated this season will be...

18. Hull
19. Wolves
20. Burnley

andyman
11-08-2009, 04:15 AM
Guy from Sky Sports says Liverpool will win the Prem this season.. The guy is right.

We have power, depth, speed that can destroy any team.. Remember Man Utd and Real Madrid, yep we fk'd em good style, we own them bitches..

30stone
11-08-2009, 04:15 AM
Portsmouth.
Stoke
Burnley
Birmingham
hull
Wolves maybe..

all the ones in danger.

30stone
11-08-2009, 04:16 AM
Guy from Sky Sports says Liverpool will win the Prem this season.. The guy is right.

We have power, depth, speed that can destroy any team.. Remember Man Utd and Real Madrid, yep we fk'd em good style, we own them bitches..

Least depth out of the top 4.
And speed not really other than torres

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:16 AM

18. Hull
19. Wolves
20. Burnley

Hull could be in trouble i think wolves will be safe they have a great team

30stone
11-08-2009, 04:17 AM
Kevin Doyle will save wolves.

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:17 AM

He is wrong

Jayson
11-08-2009, 04:18 AM

18. Hull
19. Wolves
20. Burnley

Hull could be in trouble i think wolves will be safe they have a great team Wolves or Birmingham will go.

I think the three newbies this year are hopeless tbh, I want Nottingham Forest back next year.

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:18 AM

Why Arsenals?

Could be anyones.

And i think man city will finish under everton and villa..

Man city might break into the top four this season i woudn't be suprised if they do

andyman
11-08-2009, 04:19 AM
John Barnes... Legend.
Mexico 86
Italia 90

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:19 AM

18. Hull
19. Wolves
20. Burnley

Hull could be in trouble i think wolves will be safe they have a great team Wolves or Birmingham will go.

I think the three newbies this year are hopeless tbh, I want Nottingham Forest back next year.

Nottingham forest next year and leeds in two years time

that would be great

30stone
11-08-2009, 04:20 AM
Arsenal will stay in the top 4.

I dont see why we are always seen as weakest, if we sort our defence..

Then we are an amazing team..

Novo
John Barnes... Legend.
Mexico 86
Italia 90

Saw him walking out of toys r us last year

It was a suprise

30stone
Leeds
Liecester
& Reading to be in the premiership

With hull burnley and wolves out..

Jayson
11-08-2009, 04:21 AM

18. Hull
19. Wolves
20. Burnley

that would be great And stick Charlton back here with them.

And Newcastle and Boro.

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:21 AM

you have been the weakest out off the top 4 recently
arsenal have a lot to prove this year
the pressure is on

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:22 AM

18. Hull
19. Wolves
20. Burnley

that would be great And stick Charlton back here with them.

And Newcastle and Boro.

And don't forget Sheffield wedensday

Locke.
Nottingham Forest LOL!!!!!!!!!! They only just about survived relegation from the Championship last season, there not coming up until they have a whole new squad.

andyman
I want Burnley to stay up.

Jayson
11-08-2009, 04:23 AM
Burnley ---> Charlton
Birmingham ---> Newcastle
Wolves ---> Forest
Stoke ---> Leeds
Pompey ---> Boro
Hull ---> Southampton

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:23 AM
I want Burnley to stay up.

No they will be the most boring premierleague side ever
they need to go back down

Locke.
11-08-2009, 04:24 AM
Leeds
Liecester

No chance for Reading anymore, most of their best players have left and Hunt will be playing for Hull by saturday.

30stone

the pressure is on

Season before last season we came 3rd?
2 points off chelsea with a better goal difference...

We had a bad season and havent been at our strongest since like 2005.

But we have nothing to prove we are still one of the best.

We shall win somthing this year and finish top 3.

Jayson
I loved Soton but they have turned to dust now.

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:25 AM
Robert Earnshaw will fire nottingham forest into the premierleague

andyman
Sheffield Utd will be in the Prem next season, Reading will be in the play offs again this season.

Jayson
If Reading weren't so shít I'd go and see their games, I live nearby to them now.

30stone
Leeds
Liecester

No chance for Reading anymore, most of their best players have left and Hunt will be playing for Hull by saturday.

We have been playing differently, i know its only our first match..

But we are apparently playing like chelsea, keeping the ball well playing better football, the only thing they need to work on is finishing..

New manager is great.

And i know his son :thumbs2:lol..

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:26 AM

the pressure is on

Arsenal have everything to prove it's been 4 years? since they won something

30stone
11-08-2009, 04:26 AM
Sheffield Utd will be in the Prem next season, Reading will be in the play offs again this season.

:thumbs: Reading wil finish 3rd..

And they will finally go up.

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:27 AM
Reading will be in league one soon

watch this space....

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:27 AM
I loved Soton but they have turned to dust now.

Very true

30stone
11-08-2009, 04:28 AM

the pressure is on

Arsenal have everything to prove it's been 4 years? since they won something

We have to prove that we can win somthing not that we are a weak team that everyone makes us out to be though.

we have been 2nd 3rd and 4th place since last time we won the premiership i think..

I hope we do win somthing this season even if its carling cup..

30stone
11-08-2009, 04:28 AM
Reading will be in league one soon

watch this space....

Stop trying to just wind me up.

You know thats not true..

Locke.
11-08-2009, 04:29 AM
The chamionship will be:

1. West Brom
2. Newcastle
---------------------------------------------
3. Sheff Utd
4. Middlesboro
5. Preston
6. Cardiff

Ipswich could make it if Keane works his magic

Novo
the fans will be on arsene's back sooner then later if this carry's on

Jayson
I think for the Champ...

1. Boro
2. West Brom
3. Sheff. Utd
4. Plymouth Argyle
5. QPR
6. Reading

QPR (hopefully) winning the play-offs.

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:31 AM
The chamionship will be:

1. West Brom
2. Newcastle
3. Sheff Utd
4. Middlesboro
5. Preston
6. Cardiff

Ipswich could make it if Keane works his magic

1. Newcastle
2. Middlesbro
3. West brom
4. Coventry
5. Preston
6. Leicester

30stone
WestBrom
Middlesbrough
---------------------
Cardiff
Reading
Sheffield Utd
Newcastle

With Reading winning play offs.

Jayson
I don't like Cardiff or Preston, I hope they both fail this season.

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:32 AM
Leicester will be back in the premiership next year

30stone
Am off to bed night all :sleep:

Jayson
I think Newcastle have blown it, they wont do well this season and will pull a Leeds in a few seasons time.

Novo

Hate cardiff

mainly because there welsh...

Jayson
Night Ben :wavey:

Jayson
11-08-2009, 04:33 AM

Hate cardiff

mainly because there welsh... :joker:

Novo
Don't really mind swansea though

andyman
Don't forget Doncaster Rovers.. Fantastic club.

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:34 AM
Luton were in the championship 4/5 seasons ago now there in the confrence

Jayson
11-08-2009, 04:34 AM
I want Torquay to win League 2, simply because they are the biggest underdogs.

Jayson
11-08-2009, 04:35 AM
Luton were in the championship 4/5 seasons ago now there in the confrence And they nearly beat Liverpool in the FA Cup a few seasons ago but Alonso scored from his own half and won it for L'pool.

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:37 AM
Luton were in the championship 4/5 seasons ago now there in the confrence And they nearly beat Liverpool in the FA Cup a few seasons ago but Alonso scored from his own half and won it for L'pool.

they were 3-1 up in that game think it ended 5-3 to liverpool

Jayson
11-08-2009, 04:37 AM

they were 3-1 up in that game think it ended 5-3 to liverpool Yup, L'pool came back in the last 10 mins or something.

And Scott Carson gave away a penalty.

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:38 AM
Scott carson what a load of old shite as marcus would say

andyman
11-08-2009, 04:39 AM
David O'Leary for the Newcastle job?

Jayson
11-08-2009, 04:39 AM
@ Andy
Yes, lol.

He was looking promising until he was called up for England a few years ago, then it all went downhill...

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:40 AM
David O'Leary for the Newcastle job?

Hopefully

i think he would do a good job

Jayson
11-08-2009, 04:40 AM
David O'Leary for the Newcastle job? Alan Shearer is useless but David O'Leary?!

Worst Leeds manager of all time.

Although he played for Arsenal, so that earns him some brownie points.

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:41 AM
@ Andy
Yes, lol.

He was looking promising until he was called up for England a few years ago, then it all went downhill...

The croatia game was the final straw

andyman
11-08-2009, 04:42 AM
Moyes has said..
"If we want a run in Europe we need more players, the search goes on and hasn't stopped all summer."

Yep Everton are bricking it.

Jayson
11-08-2009, 04:42 AM
@ Andy
Yes, lol.

The croatia game was the final straw Yep, he completely screwed it all up in that match, and then he moved to West Brom... bad move :bored:

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:43 AM
Everton will bring in some world class players with 1 second to go in the transfer market

and then rafa will be bricking it

Jayson
11-08-2009, 04:44 AM
Moyes has said..
"If we want a run in Europe we need more players, the search goes on and hasn't stopped all summer."

Yep Everton are bricking it. I would love nothing more than an english team to win the Europa, but Everton aren't good in Europe, especially in penalty shootouts ect.

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:46 AM
Moyes has said..

Yep Everton are bricking it. I would love nothing more than an english team to win the Europa, but Everton aren't good in Europe, especially in penalty shootouts ect.

we got to the quarters in 2008 but got knocked out by fiorentina and just to think.. if everton would have won that game

Semi final would have been Rangers v Everton

andyman
11-08-2009, 04:48 AM
England Coach Fabio Capello has hinted that Arsenal youngster Jack Wilshere could be promoted to the England senior squad for the 2010 World Cup Finals.

"He surprised me," said Capello.
"I saw him twice in the Carling Cup last year and he has improved a lot now."

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:48 AM
Capello needs to call up the old wise Ninja he is english

Jayson
11-08-2009, 04:49 AM
The old wise Ninja is the best footballer around.

Jayson
11-08-2009, 04:50 AM
Who would win in a fight between the old wise Ninja and Marcus?

Novo
11-08-2009, 04:51 AM
The old wise Ninja would score 76 goals in 39 games for england