Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 13-05-2016, 01:05 PM #1

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
DOI 2018: Cheryl Baker

Favourites (more):
Default Anxiety

I've suffered with anxiety for years but recently it's become awful i'm getting so anxious and nervous when I even go into my local shop now. Today I went in the shop there was literally only me and the staff in there but i felt really anxious and I found myself shaking when paying for my shopping. What's everyone else's experiences with anxiety?
Jack. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 01:09 PM #2
No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

No filter

Favourites (more):

Having recently been suffering from this I know how horrible and dehabiliting it can be. With me I also get chest discomfort and arm tingling which makes me think I'm having a heart attack which obviously makes me worse too.
The best thing I can say is that you just have to tell yourself that absolutely NOTHING bad is going to happen, it's anxiety, it's harmless. The feelings of panic and dread WILL pass. Valairum Root capsules from Holland and Barrett are supposed to be quite good and you can also get rescue remedy sweets from Boots that you suck on and have four drops of rescue remedy in per sweet.
Chin up Jack - you ain't alone with this. Don't let it beat you
Old 13-05-2016, 01:21 PM #3

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob! View Post
Having recently been suffering from this I know how horrible and dehabiliting it can be. With me I also get chest discomfort and arm tingling which makes me think I'm having a heart attack which obviously makes me worse too.
The best thing I can say is that you just have to tell yourself that absolutely NOTHING bad is going to happen, it's anxiety, it's harmless. The feelings of panic and dread WILL pass. Valairum Root capsules from Holland and Barrett are supposed to be quite good and you can also get rescue remedy sweets from Boots that you suck on and have four drops of rescue remedy in per sweet.
Chin up Jack - you ain't alone with this. Don't let it beat you
It's awful isn't it. I don't have the pains in my chest, I just feel like i can't breath. I find when I'm in a place that i feel really anxious being in I dig my nails into my other hand to stop the shaking, I know I need to go to the doctors but i can't bring myself to go and have to sit around other people while waiting. Next time I go to boots I'll have to have a look for them
Old 13-05-2016, 01:23 PM #4
No filter

Favourites (more):

No filter

Favourites (more):

Honest to god Jack go to the doctors - once you are sat in front of somebody who is able to help you, you will feel so comforted, I promise.
Old 13-05-2016, 01:45 PM #5

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
The Voice: Jermain Jackman

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
The Voice: Jermain Jackman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack. View Post
I've suffered with anxiety for years but recently it's become awful i'm getting so anxious and nervous when I even go into my local shop now. Today I went in the shop there was literally only me and the staff in there but i felt really anxious and I found myself shaking when paying for my shopping. What's everyone else's experiences with anxiety?
I've suffered with anxiety for years, and the things i've found that work for me is meditation, reducing caffeine intake, eating healthily, and walking, deep breathing exercises are also excellent as anxiety and hyperventilation go hand in hand, i suffered health anxiety, medication anxiety and death anxiety, the only way i've managed to come to terms with my anxiety is accepting that one day i will die and there's nothing i can do to stop that so it's better to live life than to dread death, also i'm the same as everyone else, no-one is better than me and i'm no better than anyone else, we all burp, fart, **** and pee, we are all the same so to accept that is who you are, to accept that some things we cannot change. And to not take things too seriously (i'm naturally a deep thinker and therefore quite serious) so to be able to laugh at yourself, and to see the funny side of things, i'm 40 and it's taken me this long to get here and i've still got quite a way to go.

I feel your pain, my anxiety is my state of mind, my lack of confidence and self esteem, a lack of trust in myself and my abilities, i still go red with embarrassment when i'm in an uncomfortable position, but i've learnt to accept that and i try to find out why i felt uncomfortable and to then try again, and i've found that 9 times out of 10 it's because i feel an idiot and inferior but then why do i feel an idiot and inferior? For me it's past situations that have led me to be anxious both as a child and as an adult so i'm trying to combat those feelings. I guess some people are better in social situations than others, try to look at yourself as an outsider looking in and you may get some answers.

Sending you a hug
rubymoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 02:04 PM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubymoo View Post
I've suffered with anxiety for years, and the things i've found that work for me is meditation, reducing caffeine intake, eating healthily, and walking, deep breathing exercises are also excellent as anxiety and hyperventilation go hand in hand, i suffered health anxiety, medication anxiety and death anxiety, the only way i've managed to come to terms with my anxiety is accepting that one day i will die and there's nothing i can do to stop that so it's better to live life than to dread death, also i'm the same as everyone else, no-one is better than me and i'm no better than anyone else, we all burp, fart, **** and pee, we are all the same so to accept that is who you are, to accept that some things we cannot change. And to not take things too seriously (i'm naturally a deep thinker and therefore quite serious) so to be able to laugh at yourself, and to see the funny side of things, i'm 40 and it's taken me this long to get here and i've still got quite a way to go.

I feel your pain, my anxiety is my state of mind, my lack of confidence and self esteem, a lack of trust in myself and my abilities, i still go red with embarrassment when i'm in an uncomfortable position, but i've learnt to accept that and i try to find out why i felt uncomfortable and to then try again, and i've found that 9 times out of 10 it's because i feel an idiot and inferior but then why do i feel an idiot and inferior? For me it's past situations that have led me to be anxious both as a child and as an adult so i'm trying to combat those feelings. I guess some people are better in social situations than others, try to look at yourself as an outsider looking in and you may get some answers.

Sending you a hug
Thank you
Old 13-05-2016, 03:23 PM #7

There's nothing really I can say other than that you need to get yourself to a doctor ASAP. They'll be able to advise you better than any of us can.

rubymoo's post is great though. Speaking of meditation I'd give mindfulness a go if you've heard of it.

Last edited by Redway; 13-05-2016 at 03:24 PM.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 05:31 PM #8

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
There's nothing really I can say other than that you need to get yourself to a doctor ASAP. They'll be able to advise you better than any of us can.

rubymoo's post is great though. Speaking of meditation I'd give mindfulness a go if you've heard of it.
Yeah I think I'll have to go the doctors.
Old 13-05-2016, 05:35 PM #9
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Jack, get to the doc. I put it off when I had Post-Natal Depression, and wish I had went sooner. You don't have to cope with this alone. There's help out there, but you have to go get it..
Old 13-05-2016, 05:42 PM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily. View Post
Jack, get to the doc. I put it off when I had Post-Natal Depression, and wish I had went sooner. You don't have to cope with this alone. There's help out there, but you have to go get it..
Yeah I just don't think i can cope anymore if i'm being honest everything is just getting on top of me. I'll make an appointment to see my gp on Monday.
Old 13-05-2016, 05:50 PM #11
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Good. Do that. And if you have any family members you feel you can talk to, you should do that too. It's horrific suffering alone. You feel like you are the only person in the world who feels that way, even though you know you aren't. As soon as you get help and start feelling better, you'll be glad you did.
Old 13-05-2016, 05:55 PM #12

I've suffered with extreme anxiety and panic attacks for the past decade. It got so bad that I didn't leave my house for over a year, I was a total shell of a person and a recluse.

I still suffer but not as much and I've managed to get a degree since that whole episode, you just have to push yourself and get out there, it's uncomfortable at first but it does get better!

I cannot recommend walking enough, stick headphones in and go for a long walk somewhere! It's great for your body and mind and it gets you "out there", plus you feel great after doing it!

Last edited by LaLaLand; 13-05-2016 at 05:57 PM.
LaLaLand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 05:56 PM #13

I had beta blockers prescribed from my gp for anxiety but honestly they could have given me smarties and told me they would work.....once I took one I calmed down in about 20mins and stopped panicking (because the doc told me that's how long they took to work). As Rob said you have to tell yourself that nothing bad will happen, you won't die etc and breathe properly and deeply and they will pass. I used to feel attacks coming on from my toes (even though that sounds crazy I know). Hope you get it under control but do see your GP as anxiety can really mess your life up. Xx
Old 13-05-2016, 06:01 PM #14

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnii View Post
I've suffered with extreme anxiety and panic attacks for the past decade. It got so bad that I didn't leave my house for over a year, I was a total shell of a person and a recluse.

I still suffer but not as much and I've managed to get a degree since that whole episode, you just have to push yourself and get out there, it's uncomfortable at first but it does get better!

I cannot recommend walking enough, stick headphones in and go for a long walk somewhere! It's great for your body and mind and it gets you "out there", plus you feel great after doing it!
We're both from wrexham there isn't that many nice places to go for a long walk
Old 13-05-2016, 06:03 PM #15

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
I had beta blockers prescribed from my gp for anxiety but honestly they could have given me smarties and told me they would work.....once I took one I calmed down in about 20mins and stopped panicking (because the doc told me that's how long they took to work). As Rob said you have to tell yourself that nothing bad will happen, you won't die etc and breathe properly and deeply and they will pass. I used to feel attacks coming on from my toes (even though that sounds crazy I know). Hope you get it under control but do see your GP as anxiety can really mess your life up. Xx
Yeah I think i've got no choice the only way to get help is to go to the doctors.
Old 13-05-2016, 06:04 PM #16

Quote:
We're both from wrexham there isn't that many nice places to go for a long walk
It's not bad yano! I live near the Aqueduct so it's handy that I can walk to Llangollen along the canal, lovely when it's sunny calming and quiet! Do you live near any parks or anything like that?

Hope your situation improves soon, it takes alot of energy but you can do it!!

Last edited by LaLaLand; 13-05-2016 at 06:05 PM.
LaLaLand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 06:07 PM #17

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnii View Post
It's not bad yano! I live near the Aqueduct so it's handy that I can walk to Llangollen along the canal, lovely when it's sunny calming and quiet! Do you live near any parks or anything like that?

Hope your situation improves soon, it takes alot of energy but you can do it!!
I live near an aqueduct aswell Yeah actually the place i live there is loads of places to go for walks. I'll try going for some long walks and see how i feel then.
Old 13-05-2016, 06:29 PM #18
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Ika
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Ika

I went into hugeeeeee depression 2 summers ago i felt so MUCH anxiety even when i was talking with workers in shops etc then school started i didnt even want to go there it took a lot for me to even produce a sentence but then little by little i felt better. By the end of the year i was social in my class in my unique way because i've accepted my flaws that sent me into this depression.

There are times in our lives we feel horrible and down and not talk with anybody or we might have this anxiety for years.I still feel anxiety talking with people that i am not close to and still trying to come over that. I used to feel very angry at myself whenever i said something stupid but now i know i have to let it go.

I hope you will feel better, i know you will
Old 13-05-2016, 06:36 PM #19

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

When I was suffering from anxiety I found the GP to be no help. She told me that she couldn't give me therapy/medication because I didn't have suicidal feelings. I hope that your GP is more helpful. It's a good job mine was down to a situation instead of it being an actual condition - it managed to get better once I'd left that stage of my life behind me.
Cal. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 06:46 PM #20
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Is She? View Post
When I was suffering from anxiety I found the GP to be no help. She told me that she couldn't give me therapy/medication because I didn't have suicidal feelings. I hope that your GP is more helpful. It's a good job mine was down to a situation instead of it being an actual condition - it managed to get better once I'd left that stage of my life behind me.
That's so ****ty wtf
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2016, 07:00 PM #21

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Just a little update i've started going for long walks as some of you suggested and it is really nice and calming on a nice summers day
Old 31-05-2016, 07:12 PM #22

Favourites (more):
I'maCeleb2014: Kendra Wilkinson
X Factor 2014: Andrea Faustini

Favourites (more):

I have suffered from anxiety all my life but the past 4-5 years it has become just awful. I have gone through a few family & medical problems which have made things much worse too.
Two years ago I finally went to my Doctor who was no help. He told me "All women go a little crazy once a month" & "To get over it".
It made me feel so bad. I just deal with it alone now.
I really don't sleep at all.
I think we all deal with it in different ways.
My friend just told me to do things that you enjoy & that make you happy.
Tarryn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2016, 07:20 PM #23

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarryn View Post
I have suffered from anxiety all my life but the past 4-5 years it has become just awful. I have gone through a few family & medical problems which have made things much worse too.
Two years ago I finally went to my Doctor who was no help. He told me "All women go a little crazy once a month" & "To get over it".
It made me feel so bad. I just deal with it alone now.
I really don't sleep at all.
I think we all deal with it in different ways.
My friend just told me to do things that you enjoy & that make you happy.
Hi Tarryn what i did was i asked my friends and family which doctor they go to and how they treat them. I would advise you doing the same as the doctor you seen sounds like a bit of a dick. Yeah it is true that we all deal with stuff in different ways. Your doctor was wrong to say that all women go a little crazy once a month as it's completely untrue. I'm sorry to hear that you've gone through a hard time in the last few years.
Old 31-05-2016, 07:24 PM #24

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Hi Tarryn what i did was i asked my friends and family which doctor they go to and how they treat them. I would advise you doing the same as the doctor you seen sounds like a bit of a dick. Yeah it is true that we all deal with stuff in different ways. Your doctor was wrong to say that all women go a little crazy once a month as it's completely untrue. I'm sorry to hear that you've gone through a hard time in the last few years.
Thanks. It's so difficult to get a Doctor's appointment here but I will try again.
I have to say that just knowing others are going through this makes me feel less alone.
Some members of my family including my own sister have not been at all understanding & I have felt so isolated about it.
Tarryn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2016, 07:33 PM #25

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarryn View Post
Thanks. It's so difficult to get a Doctor's appointment here but I will try again.
I have to say that just knowing others are going through this makes me feel less alone.
Some members of my family including my own sister have not been at all understanding & I have felt so isolated about it.
Yeah I know the struggle to get a doctors appointment it's awful isn't it. I've been lucky my sister has been the most understanding with me. If you ever want to chat in private just pm me

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
anxiety