Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB21 Celebrity Big Brother January 2018 [CBB 21] (dubbed Year of the Women). Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Courtney Act - here.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:47 PM #51

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceflick View Post
Normally, yes, but not when confronted with things that make her uncomfortable. I've never seen her engage in a debate without fleeing from the room and burying herself under a duvet. That's not how someone who can articulate their feelings behaves.
Its how someone who can articulate deflects the fact they just made a fool of themselves.

Last edited by parmnion; 08-01-2018 at 07:48 PM.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:53 PM #52

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB18: James Whale

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB18: James Whale

India's phobia I think is Horsesh*t.. I have a phobia of spiders I certainly don't walk up to one and hug it!
Old 08-01-2018, 04:55 PM #53
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Is it?...how?
We're talking about it.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:34 PM #54
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie89 View Post
That's true. I think a lot of people took that as being a derogatory comparison, drag queens are the same as clowns, but both do use costumes as part of their entertainment and I think that's what she was getting at with the comparison (I'd also say that there's nothing wrong with being a clown so it's not necessarily an insult if it's not meant in that way but anyway). It's also telling that Courtney doesn't seem to have taken an issue with any of this when I think it's fair to say that he'd probably have had a conversation with her about it if he did, considering he talked to Ann about his issues with her views on gay rights.
...also, drag queens don’t really represent women in how they dress, it’s very exaggerated and OTT glam..so it doesn’t represent India really, does it...(...I’ve done my usual reading a few sites.....and apparently trans women are more likely to be the ones who feel invalidated by drag queens if they think it mocks them and can also feel that it represents ‘being female’ as just a phase’...I’m not sure if India has any feelings herself of where her phobia has arisen from but a phobia of drag queens is something that others seem to experience as well in their lives....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:22 PM #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...also, drag queens don’t really represent women in how they dress, it’s very exaggerated and OTT glam..so it doesn’t represent India really, does it...(...I’ve done my usual reading a few sites.....and apparently trans women are more likely to be the ones who feel invalidated by drag queens if they think it mocks them and can also feel that it represents ‘being female’ as just a phase’...I’m not sure if India has any feelings herself of where her phobia has arisen from but a phobia of drag queens is something that others seem to experience as well in their lives....
Yes a lot of people do, I don't really know what causes it either and I'm just guessing with India but just the amount of comparisons made on here between her and Courtney shows how prevalent it is, but drag queens dressing as women for entertainment is far more comparable to a clown than it is to a transsexual woman who even if other people don't consider her to be woman, considers herself to be one. I don't agree with her feelings towards drag queens but I can see how an aversion would be caused. Out of everyone in society I think transsexual women are the MOST likely people to have a drag phobia.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
drag, indias, made, phobia, queens