PDA

View Full Version : Talk Football Here... - Part 1

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

BigSister
14-08-2007, 02:40 PM
their defenders just cling onto strikers, not that the ref notices.

hahaha i would like to see that

Dan_
15-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Good win for us tonight against Histon.1st half we were a bit disjointed and carried on how we played against Crawley but we actually were solid at the back and managed to grab a goal from Morison.2nd half we played some lovely one touch passing football but failed to get the 2nd goal and Histon managed to score with their first real chance of the half.We got a deserved winner though after Arber headed in Miller's corner.

On the downside Bramble and Cole went off injured and with Molesley and McMahon injured and Damian Batt still not match fit we are down to about 17 players already as 2 went out on loan yesterday :puzzled:.

BigSister
15-08-2007, 12:26 PM
glad you won Dan we lost 1-0 but we hit the post twice and they scored in the first 4 minutes so we didnt dicrace outselves and even though it was a cup im glad we are out then we can concentrate on the league

Dan_
15-08-2007, 04:35 PM
I heard a Leicester fan on the radio last night saying how lucky they were against you.

BigSister
15-08-2007, 06:11 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Well in that case.......... im annoyed though on local tv they showed all the highlights except ours:mad:

Dan_
15-08-2007, 07:03 PM
They only show the highlights of our games if we are in the FA Cup or semi/final of the FA Trophy :rolleyes:.

BigSister
15-08-2007, 08:16 PM
that sucks
They only show us if we win:joker:

BigSister
17-08-2007, 10:19 PM
Ill give a report on the match tommorow for anybody that is intrested

BigSister
18-08-2007, 05:16 PM
:cloud: I hate the darlington fans dan you were right they say we live in a cow shed well maybe thats true but still :mad: :mad: mad:
First goal maybe keeper could have got it but 2nd 1 he couldnt it was a good goal and 3rd was a clear penality was lucky not to have been sent off as well im not mad about the result im mad about the fans

InTheHood
24-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Dan_
Mido should do alright alongside Aliadere(sp?) but could this mean that Yakubu is on his way out?

Sunderland seem the best equipped of the new sides and will probably finish mid-table.Birmingham were quite good going forward but poor at the back.

I thought Liverpool outplayed Villa for much of the game.Petrov did get the ball but he was all over Gerrard in the process lol.

Crawley will be a difficult game, their defenders just cling onto strikers, not that the ref notices.Madjo and Pittman are quite lively upfront.

Yak is off to Everton and Boro want Afonso Alves who says he wants to join. We've signed his replacement - Matusiak of Palermo who was wanted by Villa last summer. Paulo Sergio a young Brazilian has also joined and Sulejmani is meant to be the best up and coming youngster in the Eredvisie (he's a Serb) We drew our 1st game 0-0 at home to Willem II without Afonso, so we are desperate now for a striker

The 3 that came up all look useless. Sunderland getting whipped by Wigan 3-0 and signing Andy Cole does not instill confidence. They'll have to make the Stadium of sh*te a fortress as they won't get much on the road. Birmingham look like Arsenal rejects and Derby look worse than last years Watford.

England missed Gerrard, at least his dives v Germany. Netherlands lost to Switzerland 2-1 :sad::joker:

Crawley were pants and we won easy. York game was 1-1 on Monday. Droylsden away Saturday and Weymouth at home Monday. 4 points at least hopefully!

Stevenage 2-0 up at Kidderminster in injury time, so looks like 3 points for you tonight

Red Moon
25-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Glad to see at last Southend have managed a win. It is about time.

Lets hope we can stay in division 1 this year and for a few years to come until we get our new ground.

BigSister
08-09-2007, 05:24 PM
We won today 4-1 and i went to the match and I saw david Dunn there too for anybody who is intrested

Harry!
08-09-2007, 05:27 PM
FOOTBALL IS BORING AND RUBBISH!

BigSister
08-09-2007, 05:31 PM
well dont post in here then if you dont like it

Harry!
08-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by BigSister
well dont post in here then if you dont like it

im just telling you:cloud:

gracie24
08-09-2007, 05:34 PM
You have already started a thread where people can state their opinions on football.
From the title of this is, it is for people who want to talk about football, ie. matches, players, it's not really for stating your opinion on football as a sport, more so for, i am assuming, who you support, the matches they have played, international matches, etc.

BigSister
08-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Yeah thats true Gracie its for the teams you support and to discuss results and rivarlies

Harry!
08-09-2007, 05:43 PM
yer

Dan_
08-09-2007, 07:47 PM
You don't see me posting about how rubbish and boring other things are, so just leave people to talk who wish to talk about football in peace.

England did well today, much better performance than in recent games, certainly not the boring football we have become accustomed too with England.Heskey did well upfront and it obviously benefited Owen who scored a cracking goal.Wright-Phillips and Richards could be the future down the right hand side, great performances from the pair of them.Barry did a good job in midfield and all.

I see Accrington got a good win today then Becca, that was much needed after recent results.

We don't play until monday night, home to Stafford which hopefully will be another win and we could possibly go top if Torquay fail to beat Burton.

Harry!
08-09-2007, 07:50 PM
ok no more me on this fourm anymore bye!:hello::cheer::hello:

James
08-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Euro qualifiers results

Scotland 3 - 1 Lithuania
England 3-0 Israel
Latvia 1-0 Northern Ireland

Germany are 2-0 against Wales, Republic of Ireland 2-1 against Slovakia latest.

KKBL
08-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Ireland - 2
Slovikia - 1

wooow!!:cheer::cheer2:

Captain.Remy
08-09-2007, 07:58 PM
And France against Italy 0-0 so far.
I really can't choose which team I do support as they are my nationalities lol

BigSister
08-09-2007, 08:57 PM
ouch remy thats tough
I agree Dan we needed that up to 15th now but more tough matches ahead
oooh I hope you go top *crosses fingers*

Captain.Remy
08-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Italy-France Final results 0-0
At least we didn't lost like in the world cup finale...

Dan_
10-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Top of the league after beating Stafford 3-0 tonight :dance2:.

BigSister
10-09-2007, 11:04 PM
:cheer2: Yay ^_^ *dances around*

Dan_
15-09-2007, 05:03 PM
We stay top of the league after winning 2-0 away to York.2nd half goals from Steve Morison and Daryl McMahon.8 games unbeaten and 7 games without conceding, we are one game away from equalling the conference record for clean sheets.

BigSister
15-09-2007, 05:05 PM
ooh hope you get it we lost 2-0 to shrewsbury but I was expecting that

Red Moon
15-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Southend Utd managed another win against Oldham even though we had one player sent off we held onto a 1 goal lead to win the match.

Well done Boys keep up the good work!

Dan_
18-09-2007, 10:20 PM
I thought we were excellent tonight, especially in the 2nd half where we just played at a pace that Farsley could not handle.All the goals were classy efforts.Good work by Miller for the first, lovely ball into Morsion who took it past the last defender before striking it left footed into the bottom corner from the just inside the penalty area.For the 2nd we moved the ball from one side of the pitch to the other with McMahon, Molesley, Lewis and Miller all involved, Miller worked hard to slide the cross in for Morison to tap-in.The 3rd goal was just pure brilliance from Dobson, picked the ball up on the half way line and just ran before unleashing an unstoppable drive from 25 yards.Good team work for the 4th goal with Bramble winning a Spudd on and after a few passes, Dobson passed to Lewis who finished well.It could have been 7/8 in truth but for some good saves and a couple of poor finishes.

Farsley actually looked a decent side going forward, caused us quite a few problems and Julian had to make some good saves.

Hard to pick out a man of the match tonight but I'd probably go for Daryl McMahon who really did deserve a goal, so many skilful touches and terrorised the Farsley right back, he's such a changed player this season.Barry Fuller's turned into probably a great full-back, his attacking play has improved so much and he seems to have gained a yard of pace.I though Mark Molesley was great on his debut, came on at half time for the injured John Martin and looked a class act, really added an extra dimension to our forward play and could have got a goal, don't think he misplaced a pass.

9 unbeaten, top of the league and playing great football.That equalled the conference record for consecutive clean sheets and all, 8 in total now.

BigSister
18-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Yay woop woop ^_^
I really hope you get promoted this season just hope we are still there too

Dan_
18-09-2007, 11:42 PM
Hopefully we can play each other in league 2 next season :tongue:

BigSister
19-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Yeah but "hopefully" is the right word Dan not on your part though more on mine

Dan_
19-09-2007, 12:38 PM
It's a long old season, at this stage last year, Oxford were starting to pull away at the top but then ended up messing up.

I can see there being 2 teams worse than Accy come the end of the season, always seem to be two long term league sides who struggle.Wrexham and Mansfield are my tips to go down.

BigSister
19-09-2007, 12:44 PM
lol I hope your right about Mansfield we are playing them on Saturday at home. Grimbsy might struggle too they didnt play well when we played them 2 weeks ago and i dont think they have won yet they keep drawing

Dan_
19-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Jose Mourinho is rumoured to have quit as manager of Chelsea.

James
20-09-2007, 05:14 AM
Manager Mourinho leaves Chelsea

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has sensationally left Stamford Bridge by mutual consent, the club has confirmed.

The news comes just 24 hours after the disappointing Champions League draw against Rosenborg.

BBC Radio 5live football correspondent Jonathan Legard understands Mourinho texted senior players, including skipper John Terry, with the news.....

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7003912.stm

gracie24
20-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Chelsea will fall apart now.

Dan_
20-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Chelsea have confirmed that Avram Grant has replaced Jose Mourinho as the new manager at Stamford Bridge.

The Israeli, who was the club's director of football, will take charge alongside Steve Clarke.

"The club is delighted that in Avram we have an experienced man who can come in at a difficult time," said the club.

BBC Sport revealed the news on Thursday morning as Mourinho spent time saying goodbye to players at the club's training ground in Cobham, Surrey.

Mourinho was then seen driving away shortly before the statement confirmed his successor.

The statement added: "In Steve we have a Chelsea man and he will be a crucial part of the management team going forward. Avram and Steve have our full confidence and support."

Grant is due to be revealed at a news conference at Friday lunchtime and it is understood that his appointment is for the foreseeable future.

But former Chelsea player Pat Nevin believes it will only be a short-term option.

"It's an absolute certainty to be a short-term measure because they can't get the man they want," he told BBC 5Live.

"And the man I'm sure they want is (Russia manager) Guus Hiddink. He's not going to be available until Russia are out of the competition at the Euros in 2008.

Grant, 52, is a close friend of Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich and his summer arrival at the club came after opposition from Mourinho.

The Portuguese told Grant not to interfere with team affairs but the Israeli's position was strengthened with a seat on the board.

Leicester City chairman Milan Mandaric, who worked with Grant at Portsmouth where he was a technical director, said he faced a huge task at Chelsea.

"I don't think there are too many people who can step into Jose's shoes, but if people chose Avam, he deserves a chance to see what he can demonstrate," Mandaric told BBC 5Live.

"He's a very good man, deals properly with the people and knows football, so given the chance, you never know."

Another former Chelsea player Gavin Peacock agreed with Nevin and said Grant would need to work hard to maintain team morale.

"If you're bringing in someone like Guus Hiddink, then you're bringing in someone of great repute, as for Grant, I don't know," he told BBC 5Live.

"I think the heart of the team will be affected by Mourinho's departure. It will be very difficult to get the team spirit that Mourinho managed to manufacture very quickly at Chelsea."

Before his arrival at Portsmouth, Grant guided Israel to the brink of World Cup qualification in 2006, having also coached Israeli sides Maccabi Tel-Aviv and Maccabi Haifa.

Avi Cohen, the chairman of the Israeli Football Association and friend of Grant, backed the move, although he too said it came as a surprise.

"Avram Grant is very successful in Israel. He won the championship with several teams and he knows football," he said.

"Even so it is a shock that he was chosen. He had said that he had a very good position at Chelsea. He is a very good friend of Abramovich and he believes in him.

"I'm not sure that he won't be successful more than anyone else. If he has the ability he can be successful."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7004083.stm

BigSister
22-09-2007, 10:35 PM
*gives evils to cambridge*

We won 1-0 today but according to my uncle in the 2nd half we played poorily and mansfield were lucky not to equalise. But w4e still won ^_^

Red Moon
22-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Southend Utd have managed to move up the table again and find we ourselves in 5th place from our win. At half time it didn't look we would get a win but we turned it round. That's 3 wins in a row.

I'm not sure it would be good for us to go up again until we get a new ground but to be in the play offs at the end of the session would be good. We don't have the ground of a Championship team and the money though the gate to support the side.

Dan_
22-09-2007, 11:27 PM
It just was not our day today, squad was stretched to the limit with a centre back playing at left back, Lawrie Wilson coming in for his full debut as John Martin was injured and Mark Molesley was ill and Dobbo was up all night being sick but still started.We were simply overpowered by a big Cambridge side.After we went 2-0 down we started playing our normal game but Moro missed a decent chance all of his own making, then he had to go off injured to be replaced by a half fit Tes Bramble.Got given a penalty and after it was given, Stuart Lewis stupidly reacted and headbutted a Cambridge defender, straight red card for him.Miller dispatched the penalty but we were now down to 10 and just decided to go for it with Ollie Allen coming on for Dobbo and Mitchell Cole came on for Wilson, Cole weren't expected to be back for another couple of weeks but we had no choice.He caused problems and set up Miller for a great chance but he headed just wide.

We just weren't up to our normal standard today but it's understandable with all the injury troubles.Onto Forest Green away on tuesday and hopefully we can get back on track,think we may well have to bring back some of the lads out on loan as we might not be able to make up a bench at the moment,spudd typical we have so many players out at the wrong time.Big crowd of over 4,500 today, just a shame we couldn't give a better performance.

Good to see Accy win, I thought they would :dance:

BigSister
23-09-2007, 09:27 AM
oh well you should beat forest green ^_^
We have bury next away im not sure about that 1 though

Dan_
23-09-2007, 12:04 PM
I predict you'll win again :tongue:.

I know Forest Green aren't doing too well at the moment but they have some dangerous players and we've got so many injuries at the moment so it's going to be tough, we might even have to put youth teamers on the bench or bring back players out on loan.

BigSister
23-09-2007, 12:06 PM
heh. Ill keep my fingers crossed for you too

BigSister
02-10-2007, 09:10 PM
well you were wrong Dan about bury
We beat Bradford tonight 3-0 away and ahve wrexham at home on friday and we are 12th in the table at moment

cujo-man
02-10-2007, 09:11 PM
If anyone is interested Falkirk is doing awful.

Really bad start to the season . . . really bad.#

Wasn't at the game, but we got beat 4-1 by Inverness I believe.

Red Moon
02-10-2007, 11:00 PM
Well done to the boys at Southend Utd for staying in 3rd in division 1 after an away game. Shame all those direct shoots at goal didn't make it in. It looks on paper like we should have won the game hands down.

Guess it will teach us not to give away penalties.

James
02-10-2007, 11:04 PM
Lyon 0 - Rangers 3. Woot. Didn't expect that. :shocked: :hugesmile:

The Champs League results for you...

UEFA Champions League
CSKA Moscow 2-2 Fenerbahce
Dynamo Kiev 1-2 Sporting
Inter Milan 2-0 PSV
Lyon 0-3 Rangers
Man Utd 1-0 Roma
Sevilla 4-2 Slavia Prague
Steaua Bucharest 0-1 Arsenal
VfB Stuttgart 0-2 Barcelona

BigSister
02-10-2007, 11:06 PM
wooop well done Rangers ^_^

Red Moon
02-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by James
Lyon 0 - Rangers 3. Woot. Didn't expect that. :shocked: :hugesmile:

Well done to Rangers and to Scotland :thumbs:

Dan_
03-10-2007, 10:05 PM
What a numpty that AC Milan keeper Dida is!

http://i24.tinypic.com/2dhd93s.gif

Z
04-10-2007, 07:27 PM
:D:D:D:D ABERDEEN ARE THROUGH TO THE GROUP STAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

InTheHood
04-10-2007, 09:53 PM
It's been a while....

Helsingborgs 5-1 Heerenveen :cloud:

Score goals, concede more.

Terrible start to the season, Afonso goes missing, now he's back and he's pants :laugh:

Exeter City - Play well, play bad - Both instances in every match.

To make it worse, Torquay are winning.

I don't get much time to post here these days, I hope all your sides are doing well for you all.

Dan_
04-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by InTheHood
It's been a while....

Helsingborgs 5-1 Heerenveen :cloud:

Score goals, concede more.

Terrible start to the season, Afonso goes missing, now he's back and he's pants :laugh:

Exeter City - Play well, play bad - Both instances in every match.

To make it worse, Torquay are winning.

I don't get much time to post here these days, I hope all your sides are doing well for you all.

Crikey, that's an awful score.How are you doing in the league?

Exeter seem very inconsistent and they are starting to trail behind the top sides now.

We've been pretty good this season but injuries and suspensions have hit us hard over the last couple of weeks, resulting in a couple of defeats but we got back on track away to Grays on Saturday.We play the top 2 in the next two weeks so it's going to be a tough test.

InTheHood
04-10-2007, 10:34 PM

Exeter seem very inconsistent and they are starting to trail behind the top sides now.

We've been pretty good this season but injuries and suspensions have hit us hard over the last couple of weeks, resulting in a couple of defeats but we got back on track away to Grays on Saturday.We play the top 2 in the next two weeks so it's going to be a tough test.

12th of 18, played 6 won 1 drawn 2 lost 3 scored 11 conceded 14

The defence is the problem, not the lack of Afonso, who played his 1st 45 mins of the season at the weekend.

All over the shop defensively and now out of Europe (won leg 1 4-2, so 7-5 on agg)

The one bright spot has been Sulejmani - this guy is going to be massive. Big clubs in Italy, Spain and England have been looking and he will be gone in the summer, if not January.

Home to Heracles on Sunday, which on paper is home win 3-0+. But likely to be 2-3!

Exeter have been very inconsistent. Playing like Brazil one half and then San Marino the next. Exaggeration, but you get the point.

On the season so far, the title is between Torquay, Stevenage and Cambridge. I think Aldershot & Burton are punching above their weight. Oxford struggling!

Until the past couple of weeks, it had all been very predictable, but some funny results lately. Poor Northwich and Droylsden!

Next 2 games are at home - Grays on Saturday and Salisbury on Tuesday - here's hoping for 6 points!

You have 5 home games in the next 7 before you come down to St James'.

Just make sure you don't leave Torquay empty handed! :dance2:

BigSister
04-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Wrexham tommorow Dan although our 1 keeper is now out with a broken leg win we go into the play off positions. i wont be around though to comment as my friend is coming to stay for the weekend
And *whistles* we have our old friends a week on sunday dagenham but at their place not at home if it was at home i would have gone because of that keeper

Dan_
04-10-2007, 10:57 PM

12th of 18, played 6 won 1 drawn 2 lost 3 scored 11 conceded 14

The defence is the problem, not the lack of Afonso, who played his 1st 45 mins of the season at the weekend.

All over the shop defensively and now out of Europe (won leg 1 4-2, so 7-5 on agg)

The one bright spot has been Sulejmani - this guy is going to be massive. Big clubs in Italy, Spain and England have been looking and he will be gone in the summer, if not January.

Home to Heracles on Sunday, which on paper is home win 3-0+. But likely to be 2-3!

Exeter have been very inconsistent. Playing like Brazil one half and then San Marino the next. Exaggeration, but you get the point.

On the season so far, the title is between Torquay, Stevenage and Cambridge. I think Aldershot & Burton are punching above their weight. Oxford struggling!

Until the past couple of weeks, it had all been very predictable, but some funny results lately. Poor Northwich and Droylsden!

Next 2 games are at home - Grays on Saturday and Salisbury on Tuesday - here's hoping for 6 points!

You have 5 home games in the next 7 before you come down to St James'.

Just make sure you don't leave Torquay empty handed! :dance2:

Has your defence changed much over the summer then? Possibly lacking an organiser? Heracles always seem a poor side so you should get a win from that one.

I did see Exeter play Oxford and that pretty much emphasises your point about them having one great half and one poor half, not really sure on the formation really.

Oxford seem to be pretty much the same as Exeter but Jim Smith changing the team every single game don't help, think he's trying to rival Rafa in the tinkering stakes.

Cambridge are a big physical side that caught us amidst an injury crisis but they were quite impressive nonetheless and should be up there

Aldershot seem to have the mentality of we will score more than you and it's paid off so far but a couple of injuries to strikers could see them have a bit of a tough time.

Burton make progress year on year and have a good, hard-working side and may sustain that play-off place but it's a small squad.

Torquay seem to have to edge over other sides in terms of fitness, just how many times have they managed to score goals in the last ten minutes of games? Nearly every game it seems.

As for us, well the defence seems to have improved so much since last season, we've always been capable of scoring under Stimson but always seemed to leak goals.We don't have any good cover in the fullback positions though and that cost us in our two recent defeats, having our two first choice central midfielders out didn't do much to help either.I do worry though if Morison is out injured for any great length of time the other strikers won't be able to chip in with enough goals.Bramble's never been a goalscorer and seems lazy.Ollie Allen did well pre-season but has not made the desired impression so far.Hakim has done well on loan to Woking but is more of a support striker and Jerome Anderson is just a kid.I wouldn't mind seeing one replaced in January with a more proven scorer.

Northwich and Droylsden seem unbelievably poor, might as well send them down already lol.Altrincham and Stafford aren't a great deal better, could be four northern sides down this season.

Grays aren't a bad side, just lack much threat up front, they had quite a bit of possession against us in the 2nd half last week but they couldn't capitalise on any of it and we got a goal on the break to wrap up the victory.Salisbury are another long ball side, they've Luke Oliver on loan from us and they aim all set pieces at him or the big lumbering striker Robbie Matthews and try to play the ball over the top for the pacey pair of Marvin Brown and Matt Tubbs to try and get onto.

Our record at Exeter hasn't been too bad really, couple of wins and a couple of draws in recent years.It could all change with the FA Cup 2nd round being on that day though.

The Torquay game is on my birthday so I'm hoping for a present of 3 points from that one.

InTheHood
05-10-2007, 12:19 AM

Has your defence changed much over the summer then? Possibly lacking an organiser? Heracles always seem a poor side so you should get a win from that one.

I did see Exeter play Oxford and that pretty much emphasises your point about them having one great half and one poor half, not really sure on the formation really.

Oxford seem to be pretty much the same as Exeter but Jim Smith changing the team every single game don't help, think he's trying to rival Rafa in the tinkering stakes.

Cambridge are a big physical side that caught us amidst an injury crisis but they were quite impressive nonetheless and should be up there

Aldershot seem to have the mentality of we will score more than you and it's paid off so far but a couple of injuries to strikers could see them have a bit of a tough time.

Burton make progress year on year and have a good, hard-working side and may sustain that play-off place but it's a small squad.

Torquay seem to have to edge over other sides in terms of fitness, just how many times have they managed to score goals in the last ten minutes of games? Nearly every game it seems.

As for us, well the defence seems to have improved so much since last season, we've always been capable of scoring under Stimson but always seemed to leak goals.We don't have any good cover in the fullback positions though and that cost us in our two recent defeats, having our two first choice central midfielders out didn't do much to help either.I do worry though if Morison is out injured for any great length of time the other strikers won't be able to chip in with enough goals.Bramble's never been a goalscorer and seems lazy.Ollie Allen did well pre-season but has not made the desired impression so far.Hakim has done well on loan to Woking but is more of a support striker and Jerome Anderson is just a kid.I wouldn't mind seeing one replaced in January with a more proven scorer.

Northwich and Droylsden seem unbelievably poor, might as well send them down already lol.Altrincham and Stafford aren't a great deal better, could be four northern sides down this season.

Grays aren't a bad side, just lack much threat up front, they had quite a bit of possession against us in the 2nd half last week but they couldn't capitalise on any of it and we got a goal on the break to wrap up the victory.Salisbury are another long ball side, they've Luke Oliver on loan from us and they aim all set pieces at him or the big lumbering striker Robbie Matthews and try to play the ball over the top for the pacey pair of Marvin Brown and Matt Tubbs to try and get onto.

Our record at Exeter hasn't been too bad really, couple of wins and a couple of draws in recent years.It could all change with the FA Cup 2nd round being on that day though.

The Torquay game is on my birthday so I'm hoping for a present of 3 points from that one.

Lost Petter Hansson the main rock. Other than that, no change. Do play very attacking football though.

We've had some poor results this year

0-0 H v Willem II
1-4 A v Ajax
3-3 H v Sparta Rotterdam
5-2 A v Excelsior
5-3 H v Helsingborgs (Not 4-2 as I said earlier - not sure how I got that wrong)
2-3 H v Utrecht
0-2 A v Feyenoord
1-5 A v Helsingborgs

Here's to Sunday!

Yeah, can't get no consistency at all at Exeter. It's not even half to half, it's up and down every few minutes! Jamie MAckie has been really good this season

Oxford are a funny side. I remember last year they blew it. Maybe this year they'll do the opposite.

Cambridge will stay in the playoffs I think. Burton and Aldershot will slowly drop, but they could nick a playoff spot.

Torquay is basically a new squad - maybe when the winter hits they may get injuries/ suspensions etc - Chris Zebroski was rubbish for Oxford, but is doing well at Torquay.

You'll be right up there. Maybe you'll finish just ahead of Torquay and deny them like they denied you years ago :joker: If Stimson stays - rumours say Port Vale and Gillingham?

Would be good to see those bottom sides competitive. Especially Droyslden as they are new. Could be a South West division - Exeter, Torquay, Weymouth, Salisbury, Forest Green :joker:

With regards to Grays, do they still have that bald chap in midfield? Thurgood was it? Head of a 70 year old, face of a 7 year old. I can't talk too much, being bald, but it suits me :joker: I don't look like George Daws :joker:

Oh yeah......FA Cup.........Man U Part Deux? :dance2:

Oh yes, must have 3 points on B'day - i'll be celebrating with you if you manage that.

A B'day drink in Wetherspoons in 'Old Town' :joker: (Don't know if I mentioned, I went to a wedding in Stevenage and stayed in this hotel in 'Old Town' just next too Wetherspoons :joker:)

Captain.Remy
05-10-2007, 06:00 AM
Marseille, my own city has beaten Liverpool !! :cheer2:
Sorry but Marseille are the bosses !

BigSister
05-10-2007, 09:23 AM
oh wow remy i didnt know you came from marselle thats quite cool your own town beating liverpool
Im hoping for a good cup run this year *crosses fingers* we havent had one for a while

Dan_
05-10-2007, 11:44 AM
Wrexham tommorow Dan although our 1 keeper is now out with a broken leg win we go into the play off positions. i wont be around though to comment as my friend is coming to stay for the weekend
And *whistles* we have our old friends a week on sunday dagenham but at their place not at home if it was at home i would have gone because of that keeper

You should beat them, they're very poor this season.I did read about your keeper, at least you've got a decent back-up keeper in Dunbavin.

Dagenham should be a good game, shame you cannot go to shout abuse at that keeper.I'll miss doing that this season,unless we get them in the cup.

Dan_
05-10-2007, 12:06 PM

Lost Petter Hansson the main rock. Other than that, no change. Do play very attacking football though.

We've had some poor results this year

0-0 H v Willem II
1-4 A v Ajax
3-3 H v Sparta Rotterdam
5-2 A v Excelsior
5-3 H v Helsingborgs (Not 4-2 as I said earlier - not sure how I got that wrong)
2-3 H v Utrecht
0-2 A v Feyenoord
1-5 A v Helsingborgs

Here's to Sunday!

Yeah, can't get no consistency at all at Exeter. It's not even half to half, it's up and down every few minutes! Jamie MAckie has been really good this season

Oxford are a funny side. I remember last year they blew it. Maybe this year they'll do the opposite.

Cambridge will stay in the playoffs I think. Burton and Aldershot will slowly drop, but they could nick a playoff spot.

Torquay is basically a new squad - maybe when the winter hits they may get injuries/ suspensions etc - Chris Zebroski was rubbish for Oxford, but is doing well at Torquay.

You'll be right up there. Maybe you'll finish just ahead of Torquay and deny them like they denied you years ago :joker: If Stimson stays - rumours say Port Vale and Gillingham?

Would be good to see those bottom sides competitive. Especially Droyslden as they are new. Could be a South West division - Exeter, Torquay, Weymouth, Salisbury, Forest Green :joker:

With regards to Grays, do they still have that bald chap in midfield? Thurgood was it? Head of a 70 year old, face of a 7 year old. I can't talk too much, being bald, but it suits me :joker: I don't look like George Daws :joker:

Oh yeah......FA Cup.........Man U Part Deux? :dance2:

Oh yes, must have 3 points on B'day - i'll be celebrating with you if you manage that.

A B'day drink in Wetherspoons in 'Old Town' :joker: (Don't know if I mentioned, I went to a wedding in Stevenage and stayed in this hotel in 'Old Town' just next too Wetherspoons :joker:)

That's the risk with playing attacking football.You need a strong central midfield, makes sense to play a holding player.

Mackie's always impressed me but seems to suit playing out wide more than upfront as he's not the most potent in front of goal.Exeter should come good sooner or later.

I just don't think Oxford have it in them to challenge for the title this season, probably a good late surge for the play-offs though.They all seem to think Jim Smith has lost the plot.Judging by the way he walks he could be drunk all the time lol.

I'm not sure Torquay are that good defensivly but they're really decent going forward.Zebroski has been a bit of a surprise, even managed to score a penalty :laugh2:.

Stimson will stay.Gillingham and Vale have politely been told to sod off as we've no interest in letting him go.He's got a fairly lengthy contract so the balls in our court.

It's funny the quality seems to be so poor with sides coming up from the North, none seem to have what it takes.4 from the North will certainly go down and with York and Farsley just hovering about the relegation zone and Halifax the highest of them all in 15th.Kettering will probably come up next season and they're not even in the midlands lol.If AFC Telford come up and all it will only be 3 true northern sides left!

The George Dawes lookalike is still around at Grays, he's the captain lol.See the vice-captain has been arrested!

Another tie with Man U would be very welcome for your lot lol.We've not had a good cup run in a while, been nearly 10 years since the Newcastle game, I'd love to play them again.

Oh yes the Wetherspoons, a mate of mine works in there and most seem to go there, Aldershot fans have said they're going to go tomorrow as we've banned them from our clubhouse :laugh:.The 'Old Town' is ideal for anyone going on a bar crawl.

Dan_
06-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Well that was every bit the game that I was expecting, just total end to end stuff with both teams playing attractive football.Aldershot started the brighter of the two sides and had two shots cleared off the line before we did a usual counter attack after Molesley won the ball in the middle of the park and passed it out wide to McMahon who ran to the edge of the box and put the ball in which deflected off Winfield for 1-0 Boro.Just before half time John Martin played a lovely through ball to Mitchell Cole who outpaced the defence before being knocked to the ground, looked a bit of a harsh penalty to be honest.Arber stepped up and sent the keeper the wrong way for 2-0 and that was half time.

2nd half and we started with a goal pretty much straight away, Santos knocked a ball down the channel for McMahon who played a great through ball to Mitchell Cole who had again outpaced the defence and he sent a ball forward and across for Dobson to tap in.Moments later a cross from Louis Soares ended up in Molesley fouling Elvins and penalty given,yet again it looked harsh.Rhys Day sent Julian the wrong way for 3-1.After that it was just end to end stuff with us looking like scoring every single time we went foward.The through balls to Mitchell Cole just kept on causing havoc and he missed three one on one's.Other chances fell to Morison who linked up well with Dobson before sending his driven shot wide and Barry Fuller who ran all the way from his own penalty area into theirs before having a shot blocked.We got given another penalty after Cole robbed the keeper of the ball and was then wrestled to the ground.Arber stepped up and went the same way but the keeper was equal to it this time.A couple of shots were cleared off the line later on in the game but Aldershot pressed forward and caused us problems but were restricted to several shots from distance that were either straight at Julian or wide.Jonny Dixon has the best chance when put clear through but Julian blocked well.

Overall a great game but we could and probably should have had about 5/6 in the end.Class performances from everyone really but Morison and Cole were excellent but the hard work and endeavour of John Martin made him man of the match for me, we've really missed him! Hard to drop anyone after today really but with Miller, Lewis and Nutter still to come back.

InTheHood
07-10-2007, 03:35 PM
I''ll respond to everything else later but...........#

SC Heerenveen 9-0 Heracles :thumbs: :joker:

Afonso Alves scored 7 :joker:

BigSister
07-10-2007, 06:46 PM
What was that Dan.........
At least we only fell 2 places. Well done stevange though

James
07-10-2007, 11:32 PM
I''ll respond to everything else later but...........#

SC Heerenveen 9-0 Heracles :thumbs: :joker:

Afonso Alves scored 7 :joker:

They mentioned that on BBC's 'Score' today.

James
13-10-2007, 06:49 PM
European Championship Qualifying results

Azerbaijan 0 - 2 Portugal
Armenia 0 - 0 Serbia
Faroe Islands 0 - 6 France
Scotland 3 - 1 Ukraine
Hungary 2 - 0 Malta
Cyprus 3 - 1 Wales
Slovakia 7 - 0 San Marino
England 3 - 0 Estonia
Iceland 2 - 4 Latvia
Belarus 0 - 1 Luxembourg

KKBL
13-10-2007, 06:50 PM
i hope Ireland beat Germany!!

James
13-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Scotland 3 - 1 Ukraine (staying top in group with France and Italy)

Sporting performance of the weekend. :whistle:

Dan_
13-10-2007, 10:43 PM
Simple victory for England today but the second half was so boring, was as if we just weren't too bothered with getting another goal.

Dan_
17-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Manager Mark Stimson presented his written resignation to the Club this morning, opening the door to a number of applications for the vacant position.

Chairman Phil Wallace said "Mark has resigned today and he's told us that he took legal advise before he made that decision. We don't know where he's going but he obviously feels that this action is in the best interests of his future career and only history will show whether he was right or wrong"

"I think it's been clear to everyone over the past few weeks that events outside the Club have been the major contributor in his decision to resign, but we will have to wait and see what happens now. Scott hasn't resigned and will therefore take the game tomorrow night in the normal way"

He continued "At this moment I don't have any further details but as soon as I have any more information I will let the fans know. We are already receiving applications for the position, as it's obviously a fantastic opportunity for the right person"

"The message to our fans at this moment is that the Board are just as determined to bring Football League status to the town as the day we hired Mark and, just as importantly, to continue with the style of play that we've shown this year. This squad of players have been signed because they can play in a certain way and that will be the single most important factor when we're looking at applications for the Managers position"

Shaun
17-10-2007, 12:57 PM
When is the England-Russia game?

Dan_
17-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Shaun
When is the England-Russia game?

Today at 4.

Shaun
17-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Cheers Dan!

LargeAndInCharge
17-10-2007, 01:49 PM
highlight on bbc at 10 summin

Shaun
17-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Oh crap...we're losing 2-1 with only 5 minutes left.

Shaun
17-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Bloody useless team.

Dan_
17-10-2007, 07:23 PM
What a sham! Qualification now is out of our hands.Why was Joleon Lescott even playing at left back? If they wanted a back up left back, they only had to look at Lescott's team-mate-Leighton Baines.

James
17-10-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm not sure any of the home nations are going to qualify now.

J.C.
17-10-2007, 09:07 PM
It's been 14 years since we missed out on a big Tournament and I can assure everyone that it's pretty depressing when it comes around and we have no one to cheer on.

I can't see anyway that Israel,with nothing to play for, are going to beat Russia who have everything to play for.
The only reason we won the last game was because one went through the goalkeepers legs and the other two were deflected own goals. lmao.

we will be out. :mad: and the only good thing is that we won't have someone as mediocre as Mclaren to take us to the next world cup.

BigSister
19-10-2007, 09:51 PM
on better news accrington won tonight 3-2

2 good goals at 2-0 to us then we gave away a penality which wasnt a penality then they scored straight after then dsane scored it was at the other end of the ground so i couldnt see but apparently he kneeled down and headed it in lol i didnt know if it was a goal or not but it was. Then cavanagh kicked one off the line it was an eventful game to say the least but it was a good game. Oh and dsane scored first and mullin scored 2nd

Red Moon
20-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Another great win by the boys in Blue.

Southend Utd beat Walsall by 2 goals to nil at Walsall today. It keeps us in the play off places in League One and moves us closer to the the top of the table.

Correction - we are second in league 1 and one point away from the leaders. :hello::hello::hello:

Dan_
21-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Top quality half time team talk from Neil Warnock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQtWVcFpvHg

In other news we have nobody in charge of our team at the moment as the caretaker manager has decided to leave.

BigSister
21-10-2007, 10:45 PM
who is in charge then dan if the caretaker isnt in charge

Dan_
21-10-2007, 10:50 PM
who is in charge then dan if the caretaker isnt in charge

As I said, nobody is :laugh:

BigSister
21-10-2007, 10:51 PM
Lol somebody must be in charge surely:tongue:

Dan_
22-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Lol somebody must be in charge surely:tongue:

One of the players took charge of training today :rolleyes:

BigSister
22-10-2007, 02:38 PM
your joking! maybe nobody is in charge then im sorry to hear that Dan...

Dan_
22-10-2007, 03:04 PM
your joking! maybe nobody is in charge then Im sorry to hear that Dan...

I wish I was joking but nobody else was around to take charge so the oldest player decided to take charge for a short session.Something needs to be done quickly as we've got a tough FA Cup game on Saturday, this must be demoralising for the players.

BigSister
22-10-2007, 03:36 PM
ill keep my fingers crossed for you this is awful after such a great start to the season

Dan_
25-10-2007, 09:39 AM
Stevenage chairman Phil Wallace admitted defeat in his race to sign a new Manager before this Saturday's FA Cup game at Salisbury, telling Webnews

"We've done everything we possibly could to make an appointment before Wednesday but it wasn't to be and we'll now go into the 3 day pre-match preparation for the FA Cup match with Scott Barrett taking the team and Bob Makin covering the managerial role for this one game.

"Bob had 10 years as a 1st Team Manager, knows all our lads well and had 17 years as a player, so he's quite capable of stepping in at short notice for one match. With the technology we have available to us this season he's able to watch every Boro player's individual performance in every game since July, as well as detailed analysis on the opposition which has been prepared this week. Scott will continue in his normal role, just as he did against Burton last Thursday.

"We've got a short list now, which will get even shorter next week, and I fully expect that some of those on it will be at Saturday's game watching the team's performance for future reference."

It's all looking a bit more settled now :thumbs2:

BigSister
25-10-2007, 10:10 AM
oh thats good news ill keep my fingers crossed for saturday

Dan_
25-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Thanks Becca, I reckon we will end up getting a draw.

Who have Accy got this weekend?

BigSister
25-10-2007, 10:44 AM
well if you draw at least you will be in the draw
We have Barnet away not feeling very hopeful looking more forward to the FA cup draw dunno who i want though a conf club or lower or a league 1 club i DONT want a league 2 club as we will prob go out like we did last year against mansfield

Dan_
25-10-2007, 11:58 AM
well if you draw at least you will be in the draw
We have Barnet away not feeling very hopeful looking more forward to the FA cup draw dunno who i want though a conf club or lower or a league 1 club i DONT want a league 2 club as we will prob go out like we did last year against mansfield

You can have a good cup run this season if you're pretty much safe in the league.Barnet are doing well this season.

If we go through all I want is to play someone we don't normally play.We had Forest Green at this stage last season and then we lost to Wrexham.

BigSister
25-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Yeah i know but we are playing well so im not sure. I hope we have a good cup run ww have done awful in the fa cup since our good run in 03/04 season we lost in 4th qualifing round to leigh then we lost to a non league team in season after then we lost to mansfield last season in first round
You might get us:tongue: but yeah i want somebody we dont normaly play like in league 1

Dan_
25-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Yeah i know but we are playing well so Im not sure. I hope we have a good cup run ww have done awful in the fa cup since our good run in 03/04 season we lost in 4th qualifing round to leigh then we lost to a non league team in season after then we lost to mansfield last season in first round
You might get us:tongue: but yeah i want somebody we dont normaly play like in league 1

We've not really done too well in the FA Cup in recent years either, think we got to round 3 and lost to Swansea back in 2003 but before that it was all the way back in 1997/98 that we got to the 5th round and lost in a replay to Newcastle.

I wanted one of the little crap teams this round, if we go through I'll take the winner of Ware v Tonbridge Angels and you can have the winner of Chippenham v Horsham :laugh:

BigSister
25-10-2007, 12:17 PM
lol im always unsure about the smaller teams because we lost against a smaller tesm in the first round 2 years ago and then they got huddesfield and then huddesfield got chelsea at chelsea so i was really annoyed

GiRTh
27-10-2007, 02:13 PM
What do you all think to Martin Jol sacking?

GiRTh
27-10-2007, 02:17 PM

In other news we have nobody in charge of our team at the moment as the caretaker manager has decided to leave. LOL

I'm surprised the players weren't crying by the end of that.

Dan_
27-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by GiRTh

In other news we have nobody in charge of our team at the moment as the caretaker manager has decided to leave. LOL

I'm surprised the players weren't crying by the end of that.

Must be a bit of a nightmare having him as a manager, ah well at least he's passionate :laugh:

GiRTh
27-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Apparently, Sir Alex can be just as bad. I like managers like that.

Dan_
27-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Same here,some other managers can seem right passionless bores.

Dan_
27-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Salisbury 0-0 Stevenage FT.Given all that's happened this week that's a good result and sounded a decent performance and we came close to winning on a number of occasions.credit to James Russell keeping a clean sheet on his debut, one great save towards the end and would've got to the penalty had it not gone wide.

At least we are in the draw and got a replay at home.Sod knows what that will bring.Proud of the players today.

BigSister
27-10-2007, 03:56 PM
at least you are in the draw we drew 2-2 with barnet

Dan_
27-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Decent away point there Becca.

Draw in 10 minutes :bigsmile:

BigSister
27-10-2007, 04:01 PM
i know ahhhhhhhh
and yeah we were 2-1 down after taking lead but dsane scored again

Dan_
27-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Good player is D'Sane.He had a terrible time with injuries that messed up his career for a couple of years but he's back on track now, great to see.

BigSister
27-10-2007, 04:06 PM
i know ^_^

Dan_
27-10-2007, 04:10 PM
You still want a lower league team then?

I wouldn't mind one, either that or someone like Leeds.

BigSister
27-10-2007, 04:11 PM
i dunno lo just not barrow

BigSister
27-10-2007, 04:13 PM
lol i cant beileve the irony huddesfield who we beat in first round 4 years ago we have got

Gemmer-x
27-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Nttm Forest FTW! :P

pB
27-10-2007, 04:15 PM
haha is foot the one wer u kik the circle fing in da bag

Dan_
27-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Exeter away, another rubbish draw.

BigSister
27-10-2007, 04:21 PM
aww i know
i just wish we got an away draw and a team we havent nplayed before but hopefully its a good sign at least we are at home

DANi-OX
27-10-2007, 04:21 PM
chelsea fan til the very end ttve

Lauren
27-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Fulham 1 - 1 Sunderland

A 10-man Sunderland score a last minute headed goal to bring the score 1-1 after a largely poorly played game at Stadium of Light.

Dan_
30-10-2007, 09:57 PM
We won in our FA Cup replay.Was an incredibly dull first half, only lit up by a great passing move which ended in Craig Dobson hitting the post, prior to that James Russell made a smart save.

Second half was a lot better with us having a 5/6 very good chances but we only took one, a lovely finish from Mark Molesley.John Nutter had a penalty saved with about 10 minutes left.

BigSister
30-10-2007, 10:02 PM
woop yay hope you get to the 2nd round

Dan_
31-10-2007, 11:54 AM
woop yay hope you get to the 2nd round

Hopefully you'll beat Huddersfield :thumbs:.

We've still not got a new manager but they've said a new one should be in place before Saturday.

BigSister
31-10-2007, 12:06 PM
thats good and yeah im crossing fingers and then if we both win and meet in 2nd round at least 1 of us will get to the third round then

DreadPirate
04-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Watched two matches yesterday.

Arsenal v Man U. Not too bad, took a while to get going, but it was always fast paced and tense. Second half was best when Arsenal tried to play a bit and Utd were on the counter. Not the best game Ive seen from these two but worth watching.

Blackburn v Liverpool. OK match. Had some good moments in for both teams, Dunn nearly scored a peach in the first half, Kuyt shouldve got a couple in the second half, Blackburn shouldve had a pen when Carragher hand balled, probably a draw was a fair result.

Mark
06-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Liverpool 8 - 0 Besiktas

Amazing! :dog:

Shaun
06-11-2007, 08:43 PM
I think that's a world record for the best victory in a Champions League game. Well I was reading that it WAS 7-0, before the games :tongue:

BigSister
06-11-2007, 09:57 PM
woop accrington won 1-0 against morcambe back up to 10th:colour:

Dan_
06-11-2007, 10:21 PM
I kinda got the feeling that Liverpool would end up winning very easily, obviously not by eight but easy nonetheless, as soon as it got to half time.I just felt they were showing a huge amount of urgency and incisive passing that would tear Besiktas apart.The amount of space for Arberloa and Benayoun was unbelievable.

Shaun
17-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Scotland are currently drawing 1-1 with Italy...

and Israel are currently beating Russia 1-0!

So both good results for the Home Nations so far :bigsmile:

GiRTh
17-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Kenny Miller has just missed a sitter.:shocked:

GiRTh
17-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Kenny Miller has just missed a sitter.:shocked:

James
17-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Aargh, gutted. Last min goal to Italy.

Lauren
17-11-2007, 06:27 PM
:sad: Absolutely gutted ....

Captain.Remy
17-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Come on Italy !!!!!!! 2 out of my 3 countries have passed the first round ! Italy and France !!! :thumbs2:

James
17-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Shouldn't have been a free-kick that led to their goal. But we can't complain too much on that score cause the linesman ruled out a goal that would have put Italy 2-0 up.

We needed to win anyway, I think.

Shaun
17-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Poor Scots :sad:

Israel have won! Or at least there's some mins of injury time left...but BBC News is behind...

Shaun
17-11-2007, 06:57 PM
England need a draw on Wednesday to qualify :bigsmile:

Gemmer-x
17-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Wooop Go Israel! :banana:

Dan_
17-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Israel seemed to be under so much pressure 2nd half and were shattered but go and get a winner on the counter attack, we've got lucky lol.We best not **** it up against Croatia now.

J.C.
17-11-2007, 09:53 PM
That was tragic for Scotland :bawling:

As far as Israel winning is concerned, well what can I say..... I'l eat my hat !!

Come on England , let's do it.

Dan_
17-11-2007, 10:05 PM
I see that Macedonia beat Croatia, that's a turn up for the books.

Loukas
17-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by J.C.
That was tragic for Scotland :bawling:

As far as Israel winning is concerned, well what can I say..... I'l eat my hat !!

Come on England , let's do it.

yeah

COME ON ENGLAND

DreadPirate
18-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Wow what a result for England! Only thing now is to sack McClaren before 2008

Dan_
18-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by DreadPirate
Wow what a result for England! Only thing now is to sack McClaren before 2008

Who would you have takeover from him?

DreadPirate
18-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Anyone and his dog. lol

Probably just put Venebles in full charge.

BigSister
18-11-2007, 02:56 PM
lol i agree with you dan we will probably mess it up i hope not though
And as for scotland i was so upset poor scotland

Red Moon
06-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Well Done to Southend Utd last night for a fantastic 4-1 win over a bunch of sore losers. One loser was so sore that he stamped on a Southend player at the end of the game. His name is Frank Sinclair (below) and I hope they throw the book at him. It's players like that the game can do without.

Red Moon
07-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Looking at the FA website it would seem Frank Sinclair has been given a four match ban. At least the Huddersfield Town haven't appealed against the ban.

Dan_
07-12-2007, 02:08 PM
They wont do, most likely they saw the video replay of the incident and knew there was no point.

Dan_
14-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Our youth team went out of the FA Youth cup last night after losing 1-0 to Chelsea in the 3rd round.Video and report up here http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/TheFAYouthCup/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/FAYC_ChelseaStevenage.htm

InTheHood
02-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Just popping in to say hello :hello: Will try and be around in 2008 more, however I will NOT be watching Big Brother! :spin: It's run it's course for me.

The Fantasy League - I have forgotten all about it until coming back here.......I must be bottom by now, just like the other 4 I am in which I have also forgotten about until now :tongue:

Anyway, Exeter beat Torquay on boxing day but lost to them yesterday :rolleyes: We still have hopes of sneaking the playoffs.

Heerenveen are selling Afonso Alves to another Dutch club - AZ Alkmaar! The fee - 18m Euros :thumbs2: Sad to lose him, but 18m Euros is madness!

Hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year!

Dan_
02-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Just popping in to say hello :hello: Will try and be around in 2008 more, however I will NOT be watching Big Brother! :spin: It's run it's course for me.

The Fantasy League - I have forgotten all about it until coming back here.......I must be bottom by now, just like the other 4 I am in which I have also forgotten about until now :tongue:

Anyway, Exeter beat Torquay on boxing day but lost to them yesterday :rolleyes: We still have hopes of sneaking the playoffs.

Heerenveen are selling Afonso Alves to another Dutch club - AZ Alkmaar! The fee - 18m Euros :thumbs2: Sad to lose him, but 18m Euros is madness!

Hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year!

Afternoon ITH and a happy new year to you.

You actually aren't bottom of the fantasy league, down in 10th out of the 15 players, not too bad considering you've not been around to update the team.

I saw the game on boxing day, was on Setanta.Very entertaining game and a good performance from Exeter but it did get a bit nervy towards the end there lol.Exeter have continued to be inconsistent this season, at times they really look like a very good side for this division.Jamie Mackie has matured into a very good player, wonder if he will end up moving on.

Where on earth did AZ find that sort of money from? Bit of and odd move for Alves really, you'd have thought he'd have gone to a bigger club.

It's been fairly mad at Stevenage since we last spoke.Stimson leaving caused a right old disruption to the team, players wanted out and performances suffered.The assistant manager and the fitness coach went to Gillingham with Stimson and he signed two of our best players for £65,000.Santos Gaia also left for Grays, got £10,000 for him.

Peter Taylor surprisingly took over as manager and had to get 3 players in on loan to cover those who went and try and deal with a group of unhappy players.We seem to have 8 players unavailable all the time so we had to bring in two lower league players who were on non-contract terms as cover.Despite all that we've managed to stay 3rd in the league and gone 4 points clear of 4th placed Cambridge.We have been crap in the cup competitions though.

3 players already joined on the first couple of days of the transfer window.2 left backs, as we had none and another centre back to replace Gaia.2 of the players on loan went back and the other one's going soon.Taylor still wants to sign 2 strikers and another midfielder.

InTheHood
06-01-2008, 09:41 PM

You actually aren't bottom of the fantasy league, down in 10th out of the 15 players, not too bad considering you've not been around to update the team.

I saw the game on boxing day, was on Setanta.Very entertaining game and a good performance from Exeter but it did get a bit nervy towards the end there lol.Exeter have continued to be inconsistent this season, at times they really look like a very good side for this division.Jamie Mackie has matured into a very good player, wonder if he will end up moving on.

Where on earth did AZ find that sort of money from? Bit of and odd move for Alves really, you'd have thought he'd have gone to a bigger club.

It's been fairly mad at Stevenage since we last spoke.Stimson leaving caused a right old disruption to the team, players wanted out and performances suffered.The assistant manager and the fitness coach went to Gillingham with Stimson and he signed two of our best players for £65,000.Santos Gaia also left for Grays, got £10,000 for him.

Peter Taylor surprisingly took over as manager and had to get 3 players in on loan to cover those who went and try and deal with a group of unhappy players.We seem to have 8 players unavailable all the time so we had to bring in two lower league players who were on non-contract terms as cover.Despite all that we've managed to stay 3rd in the league and gone 4 points clear of 4th placed Cambridge.We have been c**p in the cup competitions though.

3 players already joined on the first couple of days of the transfer window.2 left backs, as we had none and another centre back to replace Gaia.2 of the players on loan went back and the other one's going soon.Taylor still wants to sign 2 strikers and another midfielder.

Not bottom....Well, that's a good thing. I'll have to make sure to do the Euro 2008 one as it's International and as the World Champion.....:joker: Plus I'll be cheering on the Dutch whilst you Brits/Irish will be cheering on England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.....hang on, there's something wrong with that statement :shrug::puzzled::laugh::joker:

Yeah, Exeter are very inconsistent. Would have won comfortably bar the red card, but 3 points is 3 points. Hopefully sneak a playoff place. Mackie has done well but Logan has probably been the best player this season.

Alves - AZ seems to be dead now! Alves heard of interest from Middlesbrough and pulled out of the move. Now Man City have reportedly offered 20million Euros! Hey, the more money the better!

Stevenage have been having a busy time! Peter Taylor could be a could hire though. As for you being crap in the cups.......what was the cup score v Exeter again? :joker: Then we go and lose to Bury though, so no big loss to you :joker:

You had no left backs? Not to worry, I sometimes wonder if we have a back four at all :joker: Maybe you could snap up Afonso Alves whilst he's undecided :dance2: You'll be in the playoffs I think. I don't mind who goes up.....as long as it's not Torquay :laugh2:

Dan_
06-01-2008, 10:42 PM

Peter Taylor surprisingly took over as manager and had to get 3 players in on loan to cover those who went and try and deal with a group of unhappy players.We seem to have 8 players unavailable all the time so we had to bring in two lower league players who were on non-contract terms as cover.Despite all that we've managed to stay 3rd in the league and gone 4 points clear of 4th placed Cambridge.We have been c**p in the cup competitions though.

Not bottom....Well, that's a good thing. I'll have to make sure to do the Euro 2008 one as it's International and as the World Champion.....:joker: Plus I'll be cheering on the Dutch whilst you Brits/Irish will be cheering on England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.....hang on, there's something wrong with that statement :shrug::puzzled::laugh::joker:

Yeah, Exeter are very inconsistent. Would have won comfortably bar the red card, but 3 points is 3 points. Hopefully sneak a playoff place. Mackie has done well but Logan has probably been the best player this season.

Alves - AZ seems to be dead now! Alves heard of interest from Middlesbrough and pulled out of the move. Now Man City have reportedly offered 20million Euros! Hey, the more money the better!

Stevenage have been having a busy time! Peter Taylor could be a could hire though. As for you being c**p in the cups.......what was the cup score v Exeter again? :joker: Then we go and lose to Bury though, so no big loss to you :joker:

You had no left backs? Not to worry, I sometimes wonder if we have a back four at all :joker: Maybe you could snap up Afonso Alves whilst he's undecided :dance2: You'll be in the playoffs I think. I don't mind who goes up.....as long as it's not Torquay :laugh2:

The Euro 2008 one will be a bit easier to follow, just about a month of checking on your side lol.Its going to be so odd watching a major tournament without England to cheer on.I'll probably pick Spain or Holland.

I notice that Logan doesn't always start, bit odd seeing as he's your top scorer.I've rated him as a good player for a while now.You're about 5 points off the play-offs, that's not too many to make up but you just need a couple new faces and not to lose players.

Alves would be better off going to City.They are on the up and they just need a striker or two to make the difference.

Taylor done pretty well but the football's more effective than entertaining.Don't remind me of that FA Cup game lol, was the worst we've played all season by the sounds of it.Our centre back kept playing stupid back passes that led to two of your goals.

Yeah, no left backs at all lol.Nutter was our only one and he was sold almost as soon as Taylor became manager.For once we seem secure in the play-off positions, it's normally us either chasing to get in them or desperate to hang onto that 5th place.Do Exeter fans call Torquay the chipnickers? lol

GiRTh
09-01-2008, 05:53 PM
Big Sam has left Newcastle. Those Geordies haven't got a clue.:rolleyes:

Original Article (http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=541048)

no1bigbrofan
09-01-2008, 06:21 PM
YESSSS newcastle play UNITED at weekend so that should give us an even easeir 3 points!!!

Dan_
09-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Big Sam has left Newcastle. Those Geordies haven't got a clue.:rolleyes:

Original Article (http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=541048)

They could have bought a top player with all the money they are spending on paying off sacked managers.Don't the realise that it takes time to sort a club out.

GiRTh
11-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Absolutely. If they gave Sam time he'd turn it around. His record is impeccable. I kind of hope they get sucked into the relegation battle.

GiRTh
16-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Newcastle have appointed Kevin Keegan as manager. These Geordies truly haven't got a clue.:laugh:

Original Article (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/16012008/58/premier-league-newcastle-appoint-keegan.html)

Dan_
16-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Is he going to be in charge tonight? I'm just waiting for another one of his crazy speeches.At least they will play attacking football again.

Shaun
19-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Adebayor on fine form again today so far, scored twice.

Dan_
19-01-2008, 07:46 PM
We beat Droylsden 5-0 today, what an enjoyable afternoon's entertainment that was!

SmileBabes-x
19-01-2008, 07:48 PM
we beat birmingham today 1-0 :whistle:

GiRTh
21-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Is he going to be in charge tonight? I'm just waiting for another one of his crazy speeches.At least they will play attacking football again. They started off with a 0-0 draw and ll the fans got excited. Big sam would have been booed after a 0-0 draw. LOL

Dan_
21-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Is he going to be in charge tonight? I'm just waiting for another one of his crazy speeches.At least they will play attacking football again. They started off with a 0-0 draw and ll the fans got excited. Big sam would have been booed after a 0-0 draw. LOL

I thought Keegan played attacking football :laugh:

InTheHood
28-01-2008, 09:09 PM
The Euro 2008 one will be a bit easier to follow, just about a month of checking on your side lol.Its going to be so odd watching a major tournament without England to cheer on.I'll probably pick Spain or Holland.

I notice that Logan doesn't always start, bit odd seeing as he's your top scorer.I've rated him as a good player for a while now.You're about 5 points off the play-offs, that's not too many to make up but you just need a couple new faces and not to lose players.

Alves would be better off going to City.They are on the up and they just need a striker or two to make the difference.

Taylor done pretty well but the football's more effective than entertaining.Don't remind me of that FA Cup game lol, was the worst we've played all season by the sounds of it.Our centre back kept playing stupid back passes that led to two of your goals.

Yeah, no left backs at all lol.Nutter was our only one and he was sold almost as soon as Taylor became manager.For once we seem secure in the play-off positions, it's normally us either chasing to get in them or desperate to hang onto that 5th place.Do Exeter fans call Torquay the chipnickers? lol

Yes, 9 months of a football season totally loses me :joker: No-one put any money on Holland - what a group we got :joker:

Well, we've lost Mackie, although the money is nice for our level :dance:

Alves, the man of 46 contracts - 3 days for any move to materialise. Fat loss of use he is for us if he doesn't go as he won't play. Anyway, when you're flying like we are without him, who needs him! The latest players to be linked away from us is Bradley to Everton and Sulejmani to everyone in Italy!

Taylor sounds like Sven :joker: I won't mention the cup thrashing again, or that you lost or that you were dumped out the cup by a team below you....well maybe once or twice :joker:

I'm hoping you or Aldershot beat Torquay to the title - Torquay won tonight 1-0 at home to Histon :mad:

Chipnickers and Torgay :joker: That's what the filth are known as :joker:

I'm hoping my sig is going to be okay - says not more than 550 pixels wide and it's not, I just hope it's not too tall :blush2:

Dan_
28-01-2008, 09:35 PM

Yes, 9 months of a football season totally loses me :joker: No-one put any money on Holland - what a group we got :joker:

Well, we've lost Mackie, although the money is nice for our level :dance:

Alves, the man of 46 contracts - 3 days for any move to materialise. Fat loss of use he is for us if he doesn't go as he won't play. Anyway, when you're flying like we are without him, who needs him! The latest players to be linked away from us is Bradley to Everton and Sulejmani to everyone in Italy!

Taylor sounds like Sven :joker: I won't mention the cup thrashing again, or that you lost or that you were dumped out the cup by a team below you....well maybe once or twice :joker:

I'm hoping you or Aldershot beat Torquay to the title - Torquay won tonight 1-0 at home to Histon :mad:

Chipnickers and Torgay :joker: That's what the filth are known as :joker:

I'm hoping my sig is going to be okay - says not more than 550 pixels wide and it's not, I just hope it's not too tall :blush2:

It's certainly a very tough group for the Dutch.France and Italy seem to find good form in the big tournaments but you might scrape through,just getting through to the quarters will feel like a massive victory.

You did pretty well with the fee for Mackie.He's only really developed into a regular goalscorer this season.I reckon the step-up might be a bit much for him.Richard Logan wrote on one of our players facebook that he wants to leave you! Who said footballers were dumb? :joker:

We should be playing your lot at the weekend, that's if Alfreton vs Farsley went ahead and Farsley won lol.

We sold 2 more of our best players yesterday, again Gillingham the destination.I've never known so many changes to a team in the January transfer window.I can barely keep up with who plays for lol.Some midfielder from Ipswich joined a couple hours ago and we're trying to sign yet another striker.It's like having two different teams in just one season :rolleyes:.

I watched some of the chipnickers game tonight, almost slammed the remote through the television when they nabbed that goal.

BigSister
28-01-2008, 09:40 PM
lol Dan i hope you go up too ^_^

InTheHood
28-01-2008, 09:53 PM
It's certainly a very tough group for the Dutch.France and Italy seem to find good form in the big tournaments but you might scrape through,just getting through to the quarters will feel like a massive victory.

You did pretty well with the fee for Mackie.He's only really developed into a regular goalscorer this season.I reckon the step-up might be a bit much for him.Richard Logan wrote on one of our players facebook that he wants to leave you! Who said footballers were dumb? :joker:

We should be playing your lot at the weekend, that's if Alfreton vs Farsley went ahead and Farsley won lol.

We sold 2 more of our best players yesterday, again Gillingham the destination.I've never known so many changes to a team in the January transfer window.I can barely keep up with who plays for lol.Some midfielder from Ipswich joined a couple hours ago and we're trying to sign yet another striker.It's like having two different teams in just one season :rolleyes:.

I watched some of the chipnickers game tonight, almost slammed the remote through the television when they nabbed that goal.

Well, if we can get to the Quarters, it will mean that at least one of France or Italy will be out, which will be a great feeling in itself :joker:

:joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker: @ Logan :joker::joker::joker::joker: From the Beckham school of intelligence :joker::joker::joker::joker:

When are Alfreton and Farsley meant to be playing?

:joker: You'll turn up next game and have a new starting XI - Is that Kaka? Is that Ronaldo? :joker:

I too nearly smashed the TV up when the filth scored. Jammy gits and their tinpot ground. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

BigSister
28-01-2008, 10:02 PM
lol if you think Torquiay have a rubbish ground you wanna ant to hear what some idiots call our ground:mad:

Dan_
28-01-2008, 10:28 PM

Well, if we can get to the Quarters, it will mean that at least one of France or Italy will be out, which will be a great feeling in itself :joker:

:joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker: @ Logan :joker::joker::joker::joker: From the Beckham school of intelligence :joker::joker::joker::joker:

When are Alfreton and Farsley meant to be playing?

:joker: You'll turn up next game and have a new starting XI - Is that Kaka? Is that Ronaldo? :joker:

I too nearly smashed the TV up when the filth scored. Jammy gits and their tinpot ground. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

It will be crazy to not have one out of the three making the quarters.

The Farsley game was meant to be tonight as far as I know.It's in one of them tinpot cups so hard to find the result lol.

I turned up to our last game and out of the 16 players in the squad we had 7 I'd never seen before.

I thought Histon were outplaying them! Torquay's ground is odd, that little old stand with the purple seats.Looks like lego! lol.Then there's some massive building behind it, looks like an ASDA.

BigSister
28-01-2008, 10:34 PM
lol my stepgrandad lives near the ground and i think it might be the swimming pool as i remeber last time i went down we went swimming and the ground was near there. Cant remember an asda unless its moved lol

Dan_
28-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Lol,it most likely is a swimming pool but it does look quite similar to the back of my local ASDA.It's a strange old ground though.Ours is pretty much just has roads and woodlands around it.When the circus and fair come they use the show ground just opposite, so in the middle of the game you'll see the big top or loads or rides and music blaring out lol.

BigSister
28-01-2008, 10:49 PM
lol ours is just round a big dirt track so when you come out you have to tramp through mud lol its near a lot of houses though

BigSister
29-01-2008, 07:56 PM
I asked my dad Dan and he thinks it could be an school or a bunch of houses he said it could be a swimming pool too

Dan_
29-01-2008, 09:59 PM
Oh right, it certainly looks like just one big white building.

I see Accrington lost tonight to Darlington, goal after about 30 seconds :rolleyes:

BigSister
29-01-2008, 10:06 PM
oh i know lol i said im really angry and my dad said i thought it was about 5-0 after the last debatle:nono:

InTheHood
29-01-2008, 10:25 PM

The Farsley game was meant to be tonight as far as I know.It's in one of them tinpot cups so hard to find the result lol.

I turned up to our last game and out of the 16 players in the squad we had 7 I'd never seen before.

I thought Histon were outplaying them! Torquay's ground is odd, that little old stand with the purple seats.Looks like lego! lol.Then there's some massive building behind it, looks like an ASDA.

Well, one has too at least :joker: But for one of them to not make it, will make reaching the Quarters even more sweeter!

Farsley won 2-0 @ Alfreton tonight. Halifax won the other game 4-1

Exeter won 1-0 @ Cambridge :dance: Very nice result :thumbs:

It's only gonna get worse for you I fear - another 12 in/out/ before close of business on Thursday :joker:

That's a swimming pool behind Torquay's ground. It's called........wait for it.........Plainmoor Swimming Pool :laugh:

Afonso Alves in the Middlesbrough crowd tonight having passed his medical. The amount of chances they have made in the last 3 league games, scoring just 3 mind, will be eye opening for Afonso :laugh:

BigSister
29-01-2008, 10:27 PM
aha i was right thanks for that ITH:thumbs:

Dan_
29-01-2008, 10:34 PM

Well, one has too at least :joker: But for one of them to not make it, will make reaching the Quarters even more sweeter!

Farsley won 2-0 @ Alfreton tonight. Halifax won the other game 4-1

Exeter won 1-0 @ Cambridge :dance: Very nice result :thumbs:

It's only going to get worse for you I fear - another 12 in/out/ before close of business on Thursday :joker:

That's a swimming pool behind Torquay's ground. It's called........wait for it.........Plainmoor Swimming Pool :laugh:

Afonso Alves in the Middlesbrough crowd tonight having passed his medical. The amount of chances they have made in the last 3 league games, scoring just 3 mind, will be eye opening for Afonso :laugh:

Looks like we wont be having another free Saturday then, should be a good game between us.Probably have yet another new player by then lol.

I'm glad you beat Cambridge, keeps them further behind us and I really don't like them anyway lol.

I'm surprised at Middlesbrough shelling out so much on a player.It'll be interesting to see how Alves does in the prem.

GiRTh
31-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Capello's first England squad. He seems to like Villa players. I thought he had more taste.

Cappelo's First England Squad (http://www.goal.com/en-india/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=568897)

Dan_
31-01-2008, 09:26 PM
What does Robert Green have to do to get picked?

BigSister
31-01-2008, 09:29 PM
oh i know Dan i was pretty surprised by that i thought he would have been picked instead of carson or kirkland

GiRTh
01-02-2008, 03:23 PM
No Beckham either. I think it's quite mean to deny Becks his 100th cap.

Mike
02-02-2008, 12:37 AM

That's what I was thinking, IMO he should have been chosen over Kirkland, both good keepers but for me Green has been brilliant for West Ham and fully deserves a chance.

As for the Beckham situation, I think he should have been chosen, it's a friendly and would have been nice for him to get his 100th cap infront of a packed wembley stadium.

Dan_
02-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Mike

That's what I was thinking, IMO he should have been chosen over Kirkland, both good keepers but for me Green has been brilliant for West Ham and fully deserves a chance.

As for the Beckham situation, I think he should have been chosen, it's a friendly and would have been nice for him to get his 100th cap infront of a packed wembley stadium.

I'd have Green as first choice keeper, he's been in great form and he's a the right age to be number one for quite a few years.

Dan_
06-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Expected England starting line-up for tonight's friendly with Switzerland:

Goalkeeper-David James

Right Back-Wes Brown
Centre Backs-Matt Upson & Rio Ferdinand
Left Back-Ashley Cole

Right Wing-David Bentley
Central Midfield-Steven Gerrard & Owen Hargreaves,
Left Wing-Ashley Young

Forwards-Joe Cole & Wayne Rooney

InTheHood
06-02-2008, 09:36 PM

[Looks like we wont be having another free Saturday then, should be a good game between us.Probably have yet another new player by then lol.

I'm glad you beat Cambridge, keeps them further behind us and I really don't like them anyway lol.

I'm surprised at Middlesbrough shelling out so much on a player.It'll be interesting to see how Alves does in the prem.

4-0 Sorry :blush:

Was a good day as Heerenveen won 7-0 as well. Had we not started so badly, would be league leaders. Michael Bradley and Muralem Sulejmani won't be in Holland for long if they carry on like they are.

:joker: @ not liking Cambridge. We sniff the playoffs now.

Boro have made enough chances to win a whole season of games since Christmas, so if they carry that on, Alves will think it's Netherlands all over again :joker:

InTheHood
06-02-2008, 09:37 PM
England won 2-1 :blush2:

BUT, more importantly, we did what England couldn't......beat Croatia! 3-0 in Croatia :banana:

Easy if you have a decent team :wink:

Dan_
06-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Decent performance from England tonight, glad to see us playing a patient passing game rather than just the predictable and normally ineffective long ball game.

Bentley was man of the match for me.Some lovely defence splitting passes.

Lawro and Motty were as irritating as usual, in particular the 'geek' comment.

Dan_
06-02-2008, 09:56 PM

[Looks like we wont be having another free Saturday then, should be a good game between us.Probably have yet another new player by then lol.

4-0 Sorry :blush:

Was a good day as Heerenveen won 7-0 as well. Had we not started so badly, would be league leaders. Michael Bradley and Muralem Sulejmani won't be in Holland for long if they carry on like they are.

:joker: @ not liking Cambridge. We sniff the playoffs now.

Boro have made enough chances to win a whole season of games since Christmas, so if they carry that on, Alves will think it's Netherlands all over again :joker:

No better than the FA Cup game.Things are worse with the team than I imagined.Let's just say there's a fair few things that I'd do differently to Taylor at the moment.Never playing Junior Lewis again would be a fine start.

Who did Heereneveen thrash this time? lol.

When's Alves actually going to get cleared to play? There's been a right old saga over that transfer :rolleyes:

GiRTh
10-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Newcastle are hoverrng over the relegations zone. It looks like King Kev hasn't got a clue. I read Keegan says he needs five players to compete. FIVE. Has he seen his squad. They should be in the top eight at least. He's got Owen, Martins, N'Zogbia, Emre, Barton, Duff, Smith, Geremi, Cacapa. There's nothing wrong with the squad.

Shaun
10-03-2008, 08:11 PM
It's more treacherous being an Arsenal fan lately, trust me :tongue:

We're cocking up everywhere apart from Europe.

James
10-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Newcastle are hoverrng over the relegations zone. It looks like King Kev hasn't got a clue. I read Keegan says he needs five players to compete. FIVE. Has he seen his squad. They should be in the top eight at least. He's got Owen, Martins, N'Zogbia, Emre, Barton, Duff, Smith, Geremi, Cacapa. There's nothing wrong with the squad.

Newcastle Utd... sponsored by Northern Rock. Says it all. :spin2:

GiRTh
10-03-2008, 09:14 PM

Newcastle Utd... sponsored by Northern Rock. Says it all. :spin2: LOL

YEs it is quite poignant.

James
12-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Noticed this list today... 50 highest-paid footballers in the world, in salary. Darren Bent, the world's 19th-highest paid footballer? :conf:

1 euro = 0.75 pounds.

The 50 Best Paid Footballers in the World
By: Daryl | February 28th, 2008

Prepare to be jealous. And if you’re Darren Bent then prepare to be embarrassed. A Portuguese finance website recently released a list (below) of the 50 highest earning footballers in the world, and the exact amounts they pocket for playing (in €uros.) No video game or hair gel endorsements are included, just the annual amount each player receives in salary.

Top earner is Ricky Kaka, who pulls in nine million euros a year from Milan. Because he’s worth it. Ronaldinho comes a close second, getting just over eight and half million euros. He used to be worth every penny. There are one or two shocks too, and one or two players who aren’t exactly earning their money. Does Darren Bent really deserve to be the 19th best paid footballer in the world?

1. Ricardo Kaka (AC Milan) 9.000.000 €
2. Ronaldinho Gaucho (FC Barcelona) 8.520.000 €
3. Frank Lampard (Chelsea FC) 8.160.000 €
4. John Terry (Chelsea FC) 8.160.000 €
5. Fernando Torres (Liverpool FC) 7.920.000 €
6. Andriy Shevchenko (Chelsea FC) 7.800.000 €
7. Michael Ballack (Chelsea FC) 7.800.000 €
8. Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester Utd) 7.680.000 €
9. Thierry Henry (FC Barcelona) 7.680.000 €
10. Steven Gerrard (Liverpool FC) 7.680.000 €
11. Didier Drogba (Chelsea FC) 7.380.000 €
12. Wayne Rooney (Manchester Utd) 7.320.000 €
13. Iker Casillas (CF Real Madrid) 7.200.000 €
14. Michael Owen (Newcastle Utd) 6.720.000 €
15. Sol Campbell (Portsmouth) 6.600.000 €
16. Raul Gonzalez (CF Real Madrid) 6.420.000 €
17. Ruud Van Nistelrooy (CF Real Madrid) 6.420.000 €
18. Rio Ferdinand (Manchester Utd) 6.060.000 €
19. Darren Bent (Tottenham Hotspur) 5.940.000 €
20. Carlos Tevez (Manchester Utd) 5.880.000 €
21. Fabio Cannavaro (CF Real Madrid) 5.880.000 €
22. Luca Toni (Bayern Munich) 5.520.000 €
23. Robinho (CF Real Madrid) 5.520.000 €
24. Francesco Totti (AS Roma) 5.460.000 €
25. Arjen Robben (CF Real Madrid) 5.340.000
26. Ryan Giggs (Manchester Utd) 5.220.000 €
27. Michael Essien (Chelsea FC) 5.040.000 €
28. Adriano Lima (Internazionale) 5.004.000 €
29. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Internazionale) 5.004.000 €
30. Patrick Vieira (Internazionale) 5.004.000 €
31. Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus FC) 5.004.000 €
32. Samuel Eto’o (FC Barcelona) 5.004.000 €
33. Carles Puyol (FC Barcelona) 5.004.000 €
34. Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid) 5.004.000 €
35. Oliver Kahn (Bayern Munich) 4.944.000 €
36. Edwin Van der Sar (Manchester Utd) 4.860.000 €
37. Fernando Morientes (Valκncia) 4.860.000 €
38. Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus FC) 4.800.000 €
39. Harry Kewell (Liverpool FC) 4.800.000 €
40. Djibril Cisse (O.Marseille) 4.800.000 €
41. Joe Cole (Chelsea FC) 4.680.000 €
42. Pedro Pauleta (Paris SG) 4.608.000 €
43. Juninho Pernanbucano (O.Lyon) 4.560.000 €
44. David Beckham (LA Galaxy) 4.500.000 €
45. David Trezeguet (Juventus FC) 4.500.000 €
46. Sidney Govou (O.Lyon) 4.500.000 €
47. Deco (FC Barcelona) 4.500.000 €
48. Gianluca Zambrotta (FC Barcelona) 4.500.000 €
49. Petr Cech (Chelsea FC) 4.320.000 €
50. Antonio Cassano (Sampdoria) 4.200.000 €

Inara over at Lyon Offside spotted this first and she also worked out how many players each club has in the top 50:

Chelsea (8 players), Real Madrid (6 players), Barcelona (6 players), Manchester United (6 players), Liverpool (3 players), Inter (3 players), Juventus (3 players), Bayern Munich (2 players), Lyon (2 players), AC Milan (1 player), Portsmouth (1 player), Newcastle (1 player), Spurs (1 player), Roma (1 player), Atletico Madrid (1 player), Valencia (1 player), Marseille (1 player), PSG (1 player), LA Galaxy (1 player), Sampdoria (1 player)

The top 50 highest salaries are spread amongst just twenty clubs, and all but LA Galaxy are European. And 26 of these players (over half) play for just four clubs - Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United.

The list really brings home just how much cash Chelsea are splashing out (especially on a waster like Andriy Shevchenko) and how much Premier League clubs are frittering away in general. The likes of Spurs, Liverpool and Newcastle must have regrets about how much they’re paying Darren Bent, Harry Kewell and Michael Owen versus what they’re getting in return. And despite all the Premier League salaries in this top fifty, one club is noticeable by its absence. And right now that club is three points clear at the top.

http://www.theoffside.com/world-football/the-50-best-paid-footballers-in-the-world.html

Dan_
12-03-2008, 10:18 PM
:laugh: is Bent really on that much?

Shaun
12-03-2008, 10:22 PM
No Arsenal players? Interesting...

James
13-03-2008, 10:04 AM
It was a surprise to me also that Portsmouth can afford to pay Sol Campbell that.

Gretna could go out of business today. This could really affect the Scottish Premier League title race depending on what they do with the points already scored in the table against Gretna by other teams...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/gretna/7291519.stm

Jay
24-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Crawley 0-1 Aldershot

Goal from Lewis Chalmers and i think thats us going up into league two now were 14 points clear.

Dan_
24-03-2008, 04:18 PM
I think you're nearly there now mate, cannot see anyone catching you.

Not a good result for us away at Oxford today, 2-1 defeat.Went behind after about half an hour when Anaclet tricked our defence and crossed for Trainer to head in.We got ourselves back level when John Martin's shot from long distance deflected in.We switched off moments later and a long throw from Day found Green, who turned easily and shot into the bottom corner.

With a win we could've gone 2nd a win but with a defeat we slip down to 5th.The game with Salisbury on thursday is vital now to keep us in the play-off places.We might only have one striker fit for the Salisbury game,so it's best we take advantage of the loan window and get someone else in.

Jay
24-03-2008, 04:21 PM

Not a good result for us away at Oxford today, 2-1 defeat.Went behind after about half an hour when Anaclet tricked our defence and crossed for Trainer to head in.We got ourselves back level when John Martin's shot from long distance deflected in.We switched off moments later and a long throw from Day found Green, who turned easily and shot into the bottom corner.

With a win we could've gone 2nd a win but with a defeat we slip down to 5th.The game with Salisbury on thursday is vital now to keep us in the play-off places.We might only have one striker fit for the Salisbury game,so it's best we take advantage of the loan window and get someone else in.

Im sure you will make it into the play-offs come the end of the season, you have the quality to do it just need another striker now that Morison looks to be side lined for a while.

BigSister
24-03-2008, 04:33 PM
well done aldershot.Hopefully you will be playing us next season

Dan_
24-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Jay

Im sure you will make it into the play-offs come the end of the season, you have the quality to do it just need another striker now that Morison looks to be side lined for a while.

Yeah, our defence has been solid since we signed Tommy Smith on loan from Ipswich.This was the first game we had conceded more than 1 goal with him in the team.

We've just been really unlucky with injuries all season, today was just one game too many for players just back from injury, so we rotated the side and things didn't work out.I just hope Morison isn't out too long as we've just not got anyone else to rely on.Ideally you need two consistent strikers, we've only had one all season.

Jay
24-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Jay

Yeah, our defence has been solid since we signed Tommy Smith on loan from Ipswich.This was the first game we had conceded more than 1 goal with him in the team.

We've just been really unlucky with injuries all season, today was just one game too many for players just back from injury, so we rotated the side and things didn't work out.I just hope Morison isn't out too long as we've just not got anyone else to rely on.Ideally you need two consistent strikers, we've only had one all season.

Exactly, you just look at Arsenal they had 2 good strikers then Eduardo broke his leg now they only have the one and there almost out of the title race.

Dan_
24-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Jay
Originally posted by Jay

Exactly, you just look at Arsenal they had 2 good strikers then Eduardo broke his leg now they only have the one and there almost out of the title race.

It really is the difference, one week you might have a striker having a bad game but then the other will score or the 3rd striker off the bench will get one but we just haven't got that at the moment.

Dan_
27-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Anyone see the England game last night? I missed it but it sounds as though we served up the same crap as usual.

Stevenage have signed Scott Mitchell on loan from Peterborough, he's a central midfielder who can also play at right back.We've had offers rejected for three strikers currently at clubs in the same league as us.We are still trying to get a striker in by tonight's deadline.

Jay
27-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Anyone see the England game last night? I missed it but it sounds as though we served up the same c**p as usual.

Stevenage have signed Scott Mitchell on loan from Peterborough, he's a central midfielder who can also play at right back.We've had offers rejected for three strikers currently at clubs in the same league as us.We are still trying to get a striker in by tonight's deadline.

Yeah i saw it, didn't play well but France didn't really cause us to much trouble apart from the penalty.

Playing Rooney up top on his own doesn't work he was coming to deep because he wasn't getting the ball that much, when Owen and Crouch came on nothing changed really still didn't do enough to trouble France.

Dan_
27-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Jay
Anyone see the England game last night? I missed it but it sounds as though we served up the same c**p as usual.

Yeah i saw it, didn't play well but France didn't really cause us to much trouble apart from the penalty.

Playing Rooney up top on his own doesn't work he was coming to deep because he wasn't getting the ball that much, when Owen and Crouch came on nothing changed really still didn't do enough to trouble France.

Rooney's not the type to play alone upfront, at least have some attacking wide players to support him like he's had at Man United.

It doesn't look like Stevenage managed to get a striker in on loan but Morison starts tonight.

Dan_
27-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Salisbury 1-0 Stevenage.

That was a steaming pile of dog muck peformance, even worse than away to Farsley.

Why did we persist playing with Morison as the lone striker? There was just no sense behind the way we played, dull, tepid crap.

Vicenti was very poor, not enough effort or composure.

What as Westwood thinking with that back pass? Then the terrible swing at the ball that gifted them the winner.Oh deary me!

I'm so pissed off now, if we carry on playing like this for the rest of the season we've no chance of a play-off place.

Jay
27-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Droylesdon 2-2 Aldershot

I was very surprised by Droylesdon performance they dominated in every area in the first half and got a well deserved goal.

Second half we played alot better and drew level threw Mendes then, 3 minutes later Droylesdon took the lead again, then Davies was harshly sent off for a two footed lunge but a yellow card i thought would of been fair as he won the ball. Then they had a bloke sent off we pulled level 10 minutes from time thanks to an own goal.

I guess its a point gained but really based on positions we should have won easily.

Dan_
27-03-2008, 09:07 PM
A surprising result there mate, had you down for an easy win and yet another 3 points.Full credit to Droylsden, despite looking pretty much down they keep fighting hard in every game and have perhas been unfortunate of late to not get a few more points on the board.

Jay
27-03-2008, 09:11 PM
A surprising result there mate, had you down for an easy win and yet another 3 points.Full credit to Droylsden, despite looking pretty much down they keep fighting hard in every game and have perhas been unfortunate of late to not get a few more points on the board.

Your right, it was a story of 2 halfs really so if either team had got a winner i don't think it would have been deserved. Droylesdon came up to early i think in a couple of years they will be ready, but i can't fault there effort they gave it all tonight and deserved the point.

Dan_
27-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Jay

Your right, it was a story of 2 halfs really so if either team had got a winner i don't think it would have been deserved. Droylesdon came up to early i think in a couple of years they will be ready, but i can't fault there effort they gave it all tonight and deserved the point.

It was always going to be hard for them, they haven't got a load of money to improve the squad so had to stick with players who are well and truly unproven at this level and they paid the price for it.

They've got a few more decent players in and perhaps are starting to gel as a team now,if they can keep this team together they might well come straight back up next time, then they can have a better stab at staying up.

BigSister
27-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Sorry to hear over stevenage Dan hopefully it was just an off performance and next match should be ok

Dan_
27-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Trouble is that's two very poor performances in a row and there's been plenty of others in the same vein of late.

BigSister
27-03-2008, 11:22 PM
Thats not good:mad:
Hopefully one good result will turn the corner

Dan_
27-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Well I thought we were going to go on a good run of form after a few wins but then we go and lose to Oxford.There's just no consistency and the style of play is just tedious.

Dan_
28-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Stevenage Borough completed yesterday the emergency loan signing of Anthony Mason. The 19 year old highly regarded striker has been with Championship side Plymouth Argyle.

Not exactly what I expected but shall have to see how he does but at least we've got someone else in.

BigSister
28-03-2008, 11:55 AM
yeah you never know he might do well. With the younger champiosnhip lonees some are really good and some dont work out

Dan_
28-03-2008, 12:07 PM
yeah you never know he might do well. With the younger champiosnhip lonees some are really good and some dont work out

Exactly they are always a bit of a gamble, some just don't respond well to playing in a more physical league.The Plymouth website describes him as a tireless striker with an eye for goal. He has the stamina and commitment to forge a long career in the game.

BigSister
28-03-2008, 12:26 PM
sounds promising *nods*. Hope he does well. Like we got thomas from charlton on loan and hes been great. We just kept him till end of the season which im pleased with. We have my 2 favourite teams next as well(rolls eyes) Maccasfield then the dancing keeper team:laugh:

Dan_
28-03-2008, 12:39 PM
sounds promising *nods*. Hope he does well. Like we got thomas from charlton on loan and hes been great. We just kept him till end of the season which Im pleased with. We have my 2 favourite teams next as well(rolls eyes) Maccasfield then the dancing keeper team:laugh:

Mason's the second young player we've signed on loan from Plymouth, our manager must be mates with their one lol.

I heard Thomas has been doing well for you, you've had a few loanee's from Charlton over the last few years, haven't you?

Couple of teams below you in the league next then, good chance of a win but I suppose they will be tough games as they're both needing points to stay up.

Do you think you're safe from relegation yet?

BigSister
28-03-2008, 01:14 PM
no lol my dad thinks so but i think 2 more wins and we be ok. I keep working out though from bottom 2 what gap is i think its 12-13 at mo so if we do lose tommorow but those 2 lose too then theres only 15 points to play for so by next weekend we should be safe

Yeah we have ellis is on bench for charlton a lot now well he was against west brom anyway when they played them

Dan_
28-03-2008, 04:32 PM
I think 2 more wins should be enough.Mansfield and Wrexham still have a couple games in hand, so you just need those 2 wins to make sure.

Speaking of Mansfield, their new owner is proposing that they change the name of the club to Harchester United after the club on sky one drama, dream team.To be honest it's one of the most stupid ideas I've heard in a while.I feel sorry for any Mansfield fans, having a chairman that's a no good lunactic.

Another piece of news.Kevin James has left Crawley, after he was racially abused by his own fans, so he's refused to play for them ever again.It's a disgrace that this sort of thing still goes on!

BigSister
28-03-2008, 05:55 PM
that is bad i feel sorry for him
lol you might have 2 named changed teams in the conference next season then
Yeah 2 more wins and we will be ok. I hope we beat maccasfield and dagenham as i cannot stand them and it would be nice to do the double on both of them. Beating Dagenham will be sweet as well, I might not be able to go which im gutted because i wanted to give abuse to you know who:laugh:

GiRTh
28-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Another piece of news.Kevin James has left Crawley, after he was racially abused by his own fans, so he's refused to play for them ever again.It's a disgrace that this sort of thing still goes on! Many football fans are idiots so this doesn't really surprise me.

Dan_
28-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Another piece of news.Kevin James has left Crawley, after he was racially abused by his own fans, so he's refused to play for them ever again.It's a disgrace that this sort of thing still goes on! Many football fans are idiots so this doesn't really surprise me.

There are a fair few idiots who support Crawley, they've damaged our ground, tried to cause fights and ran onto the pitch.I was listening to the game in which the racial abuse happened and the lad was getting abuse the whole game.

Dan_
01-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Stevenage 3-2 York.

A vital win for us tonight in our bid for a play-off place.We started brightly but an injury to Fred Murray seemed to effect us and allowed for York to take control.A good passing move by York allowed for them to take the lead with Nicky Wroe finishing from Brodie's assist.It only took 2 minutes for us to equalise though,Ronnie Henry cross at the second attempt found Gavin Grant in space to fire in from 6 yards out.We were back behind again within 2 minutes.York broke away, Richard Brodie was found in the penalty area but his first shot was blocked, as he tried scoring the rebound he was pulled back by Westwood and a penalty was given.Nicky Wroe easily beat Julian from 12 yards.2-1 down at half time.

We started the second half very brighly and drew level after only a minute of the 2nd half.Laird swung in the corner and Westwood headed in from 6 yards out.We finally managed to take the lead after some sustained pressure, Henry with another usefull cross into the box and at the second time of asking Mitchell Cole finally shot into the back of the net.Only minutes after taking the lead it looked as though we were going to lose it.York were awarded another penalty, rather harshly.Wroe looked to complete his hat-trick but Julian saved his spot kick.We hung on under a fair bit of pressure from the York attack and looked the counter attack whenever possible.A very valuable win :)

BigSister
04-04-2008, 08:44 PM
^_^ we beat dagenham Dan 1-0. Sounded like a good performance although we did get richingson sent off for 2 yellows one was for time wasting. Is the goalkeeper called roberts the one who dances

Dan_
04-04-2008, 10:37 PM
Aye, that old tosser.

I think you're safe now :banana:

BigSister
04-04-2008, 11:18 PM
lol i thought it was him i kinda recognised the name

If mansfield get beat today i think we will be i think 1 more win as we are a point off getting enough points as there are only 12 points we can get and we are 11 off mansfield at the moment

Dan_
05-04-2008, 11:45 AM
50 points has always been enough to stay up but I don't think that many will even be needed this season.

Who are your remaining fixtures against?

BigSister
05-04-2008, 04:05 PM
*scowls* mansfield won

We have notts county away barnet home wrexham away and bury home

Dan_
05-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Mansfield drew 2-2.

BigSister
05-04-2008, 09:30 PM
*dances* yipppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

hehe sorry about that the other team(gone numb blank) must have scored really late on i knew wrexham had drew but i recon they are gonners. Thanks ^_^

Dan_
05-04-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm think the current bottom 2 will go down and all.Notts County hardly ever seem to score goals though, it might come down to the last day of the season for them.

We lost to 1-0 against Exeter this evening, only our 3rd home defeat of the season.We were very poor in the first half and just played aimless long balls and pretty much caused no problems to Exeter.Their goal was fairly lucky, an awful free-kick managed to find it's way to Logan who headed into the path of Basham, he scored with ease.

We made two changes at half time which allowed us to be much more attack minded and for the first 15 mins of the half we pretty much dominated but just couldn't find a goal.Then Exeter went and got a penalty,to me it was a pretty harsh decision.Julian saved the penalty, only for the ref to say it had to be retaken.Julian went and saved again! During and just after the penalty incident the ref was giving out more cards than what he does at christmas, cue loads of abuse from our fans.

We carried on trying to force an equaliser but most of the shots were blocked, one of the best efforts was from Willock who turned and shot from 20 yards and it went agonisingly close to going in.In the last minute of added time we got a corner, which was swung in by Mitchell Cole for the big man Luke Oliver and his header was cleared off the line,watching the replays I'm still not sure if it didn't actually cross the line before being cleared.

Overall the performance just wasn't upto the standard needed to get a result against a side like Exeter.It now leaves us in a tougher posistion in terms of qualifying for the play-offs.I think Woking's away on tuesday has now become a must win game.

BigSister
05-04-2008, 11:17 PM
aww hope you win tuesday and against woking too *scowls*. I might be a bit late reading back as im going away tuesday but ill read back when i get home though
And it was Barnet who were playing mansfield

Dan_
05-04-2008, 11:22 PM
I think Barnet must have come from 2 goals down to get a point in that one, they keep trying depsite their season being pretty much over.

BigSister
05-04-2008, 11:44 PM
yeah as much as i dislike them lol (not as much as 4th officalls getting into peoples business) im glad they drew

Callum
06-04-2008, 05:45 PM
OMG CARDIFF CITY WON AGAINST BARNSLEY WOOOOOO YESSSS!

Dan_
06-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Well done to Cardiff, who would've thought they would make the final a few months ago.

BigSister
06-04-2008, 08:52 PM
yeah i know well done cardif:cheer:

Red Moon
06-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Callum
OMG CARDIFF CITY WON AGAINST BARNSLEY WOOOOOO YESSSS!

Although I agree that it's great that Cardiff beat Barnley... Please remember it's against the rules to post with the caps lock key on.

Red

James
10-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Uefa Cup Quarter Final - Sporting 0 (0) - Rangers 2 (2) :colour:

Red Moon
10-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Uefa Cup Quarter Final - Sporting 0 (0) - Rangers 2 (2) :colour:

Well done to Rangers....that's wonderful :thumbs:

BigSister
11-04-2008, 03:11 PM
yay well done rangers and well done boro as well dan ^_^

Dan_
11-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Yeah, good win for us the other night :).

Big game tomorrow afternoon against Torquay for us.I'll be going to that one.

BigSister
11-04-2008, 10:00 PM
ooh toughy for me but ill support you lol
Ill keep eye on score