PDA

View Full Version : Talk Football Here... - Part 1

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Mike
14-08-2005, 10:02 PM
A topic dedicated to football - If your a fan get posting and feel free to let us know who you support.:thumbs:

BigSister
14-08-2005, 10:02 PM
we already have 1 for that Mike in football Crazy

Red Moon
14-08-2005, 10:04 PM
Great idea...... I'm a Southend Utd supporter.

Siouxsie
14-08-2005, 10:09 PM
Sunderland haway the lads who got beat yesterday what a greAAT START AND WE HAD ABOUT 3 NEW PLAYERS

Red Moon
14-08-2005, 10:10 PM
So what thread are we going to go with?

Siouxsie
14-08-2005, 10:10 PM
glad the footy is back :dance::colour:

BigSister
14-08-2005, 10:11 PM
I say the first 1

Kore
14-08-2005, 10:17 PM
are we going to make a whole room on sport. i think we should. its gonna entertain us till bb7! please mods!

Red Moon
14-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Kore
are we going to make a whole room on sport. i think we should. its going to entertain us till bb7! please mods!

It's up to Administrators not the Mod's Kore.... why not send the a U2U?

Kore
14-08-2005, 10:19 PM
yeah i will before i go to bed. :wavey:

cheers red

Kanye_West
14-08-2005, 10:33 PM
Ill post this here aswell seen as tho its new footie thing:

QPR 2-1 SHEFF UTD

QPR are going up, bouncing back from admin from last time we were in premiership, Come on You R'S!

ThaGazBoi
14-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Im a arsenal fan!!

Siouxsie
14-08-2005, 11:00 PM
theyre not bad :thumbs:

Kore
i hate arsenal. :bigsmile::mad:

ThaGazBoi
arsenal are the best, and there not bad, there awesome!

CharlotteSometimes
20-08-2005, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by scooby
Sunderland haway the lads who got beat yesterday what a greAAT START AND WE HAD ABOUT 3 NEW PLAYERS

Oh dear, and today you're playing the CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE away, too.

Nero
20-08-2005, 03:49 PM
my mate plays for southampton..who are currently winning one nil...he came on for Kenwyn Jones in the 70th min I think...

Red Moon
20-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Well Southend managed another draw this time against Hudderfield. So we move up one place to 10th. Not a bad start considering we enter the division via the play offs.

Siouxsie
20-08-2005, 09:51 PM
got beat today sunderland 0 liverpool 1 :rolleyes:

ThaGazBoi
20-08-2005, 09:54 PM
got beat yesterday chelsea 2-arsenal 1

and we play them again for the priemership 2morrow.

Siouxsie
20-08-2005, 10:02 PM
luv chelsea blues me

CharlotteSometimes
21-08-2005, 02:49 PM

got beat today sunderland 0 liverpool 1 :rolleyes:

:bouncy:

Siouxsie
21-08-2005, 05:04 PM
whats wrong with sunderland ?

CharlotteSometimes
21-08-2005, 05:46 PM
Very little, when they're prepared to lie down and give us three points so effortlessly. A result in double figures would've been more than fair, but the fact that our lads left the pitch at full time injury free (bar Stevie G) against such a dirty team was okay, too.

cc100
21-08-2005, 06:35 PM
My team, Birmingham have got off to a bad start.

I think we could get into a relegation scrap.

CharlotteSometimes
22-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Any Aston Villa fans here? It seems we've finally accepted their £6.5 million bid for Milan Baros, and he's agreed terms on a deal with a medical due tomorrow (little git - Lyon offered £8 million). The rest of the Premiership must be petrified at the thought of Michael Owen returning to us right now, and it would be fantastic to see him home again, with one of the best midfields in the country behind him. But Benitez mentioned Feyenoord's Dirk Kuyt again today, and admitted he was interested in him. Unless we're going to offload Cisse (who's now cup-tied for Europe) to one of the interested French clubs, then we can't afford two strikers in the £10 million + bracket. We need Owen, the best striker the Premiership has ever seen (other than GOD, a.k.a. Robbie Fowler), back at Anfield where he belongs.

jrc
23-08-2005, 03:58 PM
Agreed Charlotte. Imagine a strike force of Owen, Morientes and Cisse!

CharlotteSometimes
24-08-2005, 11:06 AM
Judging from last night's performance, it wouldn't be very formidable. Morientes was extremely poor, and Cisse not much better. Owen said yesterday that he wants to come back to Anfield, and that if not he'd go to Newcastle, but only on a one year loan. But Newcastle want him to sign on a permanent deal. I don't know why we haven't asked for him on loan, at least.

On my way home from the match last night, I heard Benitez interviewed on local radio. They asked him straight out about Michael Owen, and said 'Will you be making a bid?' He just replied 'We have 6 good strikers here.' I don't agree with the 6 part at all, but at least he didn't say no. And there's still a week until the transfer deadline, too. :bouncy:

skelo4eva
24-08-2005, 11:16 AM
AnyLeeds fans i doubt it but we got off to a flyer pity bout cardiff game!!

Siouxsie
24-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Sunderland are not doing to well got beat again last night:shocked:

Babydoll
24-08-2005, 03:48 PM
my team are glasgow celtic. HOOPY!!!
go on www.comeonthehoops.co.uk

jrc
24-08-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by CharlotteSometimes
Judging from last night's performance, it wouldn't be very formidable. Morientes was extremely poor, and Cisse not much better. Owen said yesterday that he wants to come back to Anfield, and that if not he'd go to Newcastle, but only on a one year loan. But Newcastle want him to sign on a permanent deal. I don't know why we haven't asked for him on loan, at least.

On my way home from the match last night, I heard Benitez interviewed on local radio. They asked him straight out about Michael Owen, and said 'Will you be making a bid?' He just replied 'We have 6 good strikers here.' I don't agree with the 6 part at all, but at least he didn't say no. And there's still a week until the transfer deadline, too. :bouncy: True Charlotte. Losing 1-0 at home isn't exactly the plan, but at least we got to the group stages. :spin:

Siouxsie
24-08-2005, 09:51 PM
football crazy do you think owen will sign for newcastle the mags ?

skelo4eva
24-08-2005, 09:54 PM
2-1 to villareal nooooooooo

skelo4eva
24-08-2005, 09:55 PM
i hope he signs for them rather then back with pool

Siouxsie
24-08-2005, 09:55 PM
come on sunderland

CharlotteSometimes
24-08-2005, 10:39 PM

football crazy do you think owen will sign for newcastle the mags ?

Let's be honest - Michael Owen is (arguably) one of the top ten strikers in world. He doesn't want anything more than a one year loan deal with Newcastle, and they're his third choice ... of three. He's only even considering a loan deal with them in the first place because he wants to guarantee his England place for the World Cup next year. But I can't see him taking such a huge step down in his career. He won't be winning any silverware in a Newcastle shirt.

Siouxsie
25-08-2005, 01:56 PM
he wont maybe he should wear a red and white one S.A.F.C.

CharlotteSometimes
25-08-2005, 04:47 PM
You've already got Anthony Le Tallec on loan - what more do you want? :laugh:

CharlotteSometimes
25-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Congratulations to Stevie Gerrard - voted UEFA's most valuable player, 2004 - 2005 earlier today! :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

jrc
25-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Super Cup tommorow night (Champions League Winners v UEFA Cup Winners). Come on Liverpool!

Siouxsie
25-08-2005, 10:12 PM
mmm not a great fan of liverpool

Siouxsie
25-08-2005, 10:13 PM
jrc do you think you will get owen back ?

ThaGazBoi
26-08-2005, 12:24 AM
I think they will, i dont support liverpool, im an arsenal man

CharlotteSometimes
26-08-2005, 11:56 AM
Newcastle offered £17 million, but Real Madrid were supposedly only asking for £11 million. We sold him to them for £8 million (they still owe us half of that), which I suppose is the problem. It would be strange having to buy a player that you made great in the first place back again, for at least £3 million more than you sold him for. Newcastle must surely be out of the frame now, anyway. Yesterday, they said that if there'd been no deal by midnight then it was off, but now Souness says they're still interested. But they've just bought Luque for £9.5 million, and have they really got £26.5 million available to buy two strikers?

ThaGazBoi
26-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Champions Leauge Groups and Odds

Group A
Bayern Munich [Germany] 14-1
Javentus [Italy] 8-1
Club Brugge 200-1
Rapid Vienna [Austria] 500-1

[b]Group B
ARSENAL [ENGLAND] 11-1
Ajax [Netherlands] 50-1
Sparta Prague [Czech Republic] 200-1
Thun [Switzerland] 400-1

Group C
Barcelona [Spain] 6-1
Panathinakios [Greece] 100-1
Wereder Bremen [Germany] 80-1
Udinese [Italy] 80-1

Group D
MANCHESTER UNITED [ENGLAND] 10-1
Villareal [Spain] 25-1
Lille [France] 125-1
Benfica [Portugal] 100-1

Group E
Ac Milan [Italy] 7-1
PSV Eindhoven [Netherlands] 50-1
Schalake 04 [Germany] 50-1
Fennerbache [Turkey] 100-1

Group F
Real Madrid [Spain] 15-2
Olympique Lyon [France] 25-1
Olympiacos [Greece] 100-1
Rosenburg [Norway] 500-1

Group G
CHELSEA [ENGLAND] 5-1 [FAVE]
LIVERPOOL [ENGLAND] 22-1
Real Betis [Spain] 40-1
Anderlecht 250-1

[b]Group H
Inter Milan [Italy] 14-1
Porto [Portugal] 50-1
RANGERS [SCOTLAND] 80-1
Artmedia Bratislava 600-1

Source: http://www.mirror.co.uk

CharlotteSometimes
26-08-2005, 12:35 PM
Strange odds. I think Barcelona are a better team than Chelski, and they don't play lump-it football, either. Bayern Munich don't deserve such short odds, and nor do Arsenal (still never been past the Quarter Finals) or man'ure nited (spent force).

jrc
26-08-2005, 09:53 PM
3-1 to Liverpool in Super Cup! :elephant:

ThaGazBoi
26-08-2005, 10:01 PM
3-1 to Liverfools you mean :bouncy:

jrc
27-08-2005, 11:51 AM
And who do you support 'Makosi's Husband'?

Dan_
29-08-2005, 07:21 PM
My team Stevenage upto 3rd in the conference after a 2-1 win today at Crawley :thumbs:

BigSister
29-08-2005, 07:24 PM
Well done Dan *curses under breath*. We should have so won but a point is a point after 2 defeats

Dan_
29-08-2005, 08:05 PM
12th at the moment then Rebecca, things can change unlucky today against Scarborough, you let a 2 goal lead slip there. Who was in goal?

BigSister
29-08-2005, 08:10 PM
dunno i never went was away anyway and the report havent come up on the site yet

Dan_
29-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Look at Aldershot, came 4th last season now bottom of the league :shocked:

BigSister
29-08-2005, 08:14 PM
I know im shocked by that:puzzled:

Dan_
29-08-2005, 08:23 PM
Goes to show this league is unpredictable, who would have thought Aldershot would be so low and Alty so high?

BigSister
29-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Yeah I know:dance:

CharlotteSometimes
30-08-2005, 11:40 AM
So, Michael Owen has agreed to join Newcastle on a 4 year deal. The writing was on the wall yesterday, I suppose, when Real Madrid said that they wouldn't let him leave 'on the cheap'. There was no way Liverpool were ever going to match Newcastle's £17 million offer. It would be madness to pay more than double what we sold him for just 12 months ago, and it would've made us the laughing stock of the football world if we had. Neither Newcastle or Real Madrid were interested in a loan deal, so Owen had no choice other than to join them, or spend another year on the bench and kiss his England place goodbye.

Good luck to him, because he will be worshipped as a god at Newcastle. But he must be kicking himself. Had greed not got the better of him just 12 months ago, he'd have a Champions' League winners' medal on his mantelpiece now. With Newcastle, he has no European football to look forward to this year, and he joins a club that hasn't lifted any silverware for 50 years. Such a shame, and such a waste of a massive talent.

Dan_
30-08-2005, 12:03 PM
He really did mess up by leaving Liverpool in the first place, obviously it would have been great to have him back at Liverpool but I am pretty certain that Rafa was not interested in him. I don't like the way that Rafa has treated Cisse, he should have been straight with him and Cisse has clearly been upset by these rumours and afterall he is the best striker at the club at the present time. Morientes is not upto standard and looks a totally different player to the one that did so well at Monaco, Sinama Pongolle is still only young and the same with Mellor and how Crouch does remains to be seen. I think the chairman wanted him but we did not have the funds to buy Owen and also a centre back and right winger and as you say we could not buy back Owen for almost double as we would look foolish.

Owen will be worshipped at Newcastle and it's a really big signing for them but Owen is too big for Newcastle, he may well boost them higher up in the league but with Souness as manager they are going nowhere fast, Owen left Liverpool to further his career and to win more trophies but in the end he won nothing at Real Madrid and has come to a team near the bottom on the table and on the road to nowhere. Great call Micheael :laugh:

CharlotteSometimes
30-08-2005, 02:29 PM
The jury is still out on Cisse as far as the Premiership is concerned. It's a completely different situation to when he was the top striker in the French top flight (2003 - 2004). Time will tell, of course, but when he was substituted against Sofia at Anfield last week, I remained seated and didn't stand to applaud until Pongolle trotted onto the pitch. In all honesty, I'm far more interested in Pongolle and Mellor. Mellor can be everything Alan Smith was always supposed to be, but with a better temperament and the ability to actually find the back of the net. He plays with a passion that has rarely been seen at Anfield since Fowler's departure, and I'd at least have him on the bench at every possible opportunity.

John Aldridge said recently that he could see a possible reason behind Rafa's apparent reluctance to welcome Owen back with open arms. That was to play Crouch on his own up front at away matches, and play with a more defensive midfield that would support on the counter. That's not the Liverpool way at all, but Aldridge certainly knows the game a lot better than any of us.

Still, they made it clear on the news earlier today that Owen has had a clause put in his Newcastle contract. I'd presume that it would be to allow him to leave 'on the cheap' should they fail to secure European football come the end of the season. If they make it, it will be down to nobody else but Owen. If they don't, perhaps he'll show enough at the World Cup Finals next year to secure himself a place in a team that matches his undoubted ability. But that probably won't be Liverpool - the crowd at Anfield on Boxing Day will more than likely put the final nail in the coffin.

Today we've secured the signatures of two new players. Besian Idrizaj, a 17-year-old Austrian winger, and Ramon Calliste, a 19-year-old Welsh striker, released by man'ure nited at the end of last season. Yippee. :bored:

Dan_
30-08-2005, 03:25 PM
I have always been a fan of Cisse since he joined us and if they play to his strength as they did in the super cup then he should score quite a few goals this season but proably not as many as Owen would have brought. Why we persist with Morientes is beyond me, I prefer Mellor and Pongolle, at least they look like doing something in front of goal and Mellor has that goal scorer's instinct.

I go along with what Alridge said about Crouch as I can see us playing Sissoko, Gerrard, Alonso, Zenden and Garcia with Crouch alone up front away from home, just like we did against Middlesborough but it was Morientes instead of Crouch. It would not be my ideal choice but see how it works out.

I really can't see Owen staying at Newcastle if they have a similar season to the previous one. He will proably score 20 goals, have a good world cup then move soon after that. Great signing for a season for Newcastle because he will get them goals that will proably keep Souness in a job :bored:. I am not sure where he would go after Newcastle though?

I have never heard of the two players we signed, they will proably go down the same route as many other players and never play a first team game or just make the bench in the champions league. No news on a centre back or a right winger yet :shocked:, time is running out and we really do need to sign players for both posistions. Daniel Agger from Brondby would be my choice for centre back and for right wing Rafael Van Der Vaart, but he just joined SV Hamburg!

CharlotteSometimes
30-08-2005, 08:07 PM
The idea behind the signing of the young players has been getting a lot of attention here of late. Apparently, Rafa wasn't at all impressed at the lack of talent progressing from the Academy to Melwood, and on to the first team. He has been signing promising youngsters from all of the place. Idrizaj has signed for 2 years, and is Austria's current young player of the year. Calliste is a Wales Under-21 International, and he's signed for a year.

When we signed 17-year-old centre-half Jack Hobbs from Lincoln City (beating off attention from Arsenal & Bolton) on August 18th, it was announced as 'Rafa's seventh summer signing'. There's also Godwin Antwi, another 17-year-old centre-half from Ghana (signed from Real Zaragoza), Antonio Barragan, the 18-year-old right-back we signed from Sevilla, and Miquel Roque, yet another 17-year-old centre-half, signed from Lleida (Spanish second division).

We've apparently made a bid for Parma centre-back Daniele Bonera, but Inter want him too, and they won't sell unless they get an offer between £4.1 and £4.78 million. A bid to take Roma's Philippe Mexes on a one year loan has been rejected. We're still being linked with bringing Woodgate home from Real, and we've rejected an £8 million bid for Cisse from Spurs. I feel like such a bloody trainspotter! :spin:

Siouxsie
30-08-2005, 08:21 PM
so owens signed for the mags then ?

skelo4eva
30-08-2005, 08:24 PM
yeah thats amazinnn

ThaGazBoi
30-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Oh dear what a waste of a good player, Im sorry all you magpie fans but i think that Owen has made a BIG mistake.

Siouxsie
30-08-2005, 08:36 PM
LIVERPOOL DIDNT WANT HIM:nono:

Dan_
30-08-2005, 08:51 PM
The idea behind the signing of the young players has been getting a lot of attention here of late. Apparently, Rafa wasn't at all impressed at the lack of talent progressing from the Academy to Melwood, and on to the first team. He has been signing promising youngsters from all of the place. Idrizaj has signed for 2 years, and is Austria's current young player of the year. Calliste is a Wales Under-21 International, and he's signed for a year.

When we signed 17-year-old centre-half Jack Hobbs from Lincoln City (beating off attention from Arsenal & Bolton) on August 18th, it was announced as 'Rafa's seventh summer signing'. There's also Godwin Antwi, another 17-year-old centre-half from Ghana (signed from Real Zaragoza), Antonio Barragan, the 18-year-old right-back we signed from Sevilla, and Miquel Roque, yet another 17-year-old centre-half, signed from Lleida (Spanish second division).

We've apparently made a bid for Parma centre-back Daniele Bonera, but Inter want him too, and they won't sell unless they get an offer between £4.1 and £4.78 million. A bid to take Roma's Philippe Mexes on a one year loan has been rejected. We're still being linked with bringing Woodgate home from Real, and we've rejected an £8 million bid for Cisse from Spurs. I feel like such a bl***y trainspotter! :spin:

:laugh: you certainly do know your stuff! I like the approach that Rafa has taken to get young players in from abroad, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United have been doing it for the last few years so why not us? Now we just need for some of these lad's to make the step up.

As for the bids, I know about Mexes and all 4 bids we have made have been rejected so nice dice. I have seen Bonera play a few times and he has pace and does look a good player, Woodgate is a player I would like us to sign but with all those injuries I feel it would be a little silly to try and get him.

CharlotteSometimes
31-08-2005, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by BB fernzy

:laugh: you certainly do know your stuff!

LOL! Not really. Most of that came from the official site, local radio news and the Liverpool Echo. :bigsmile:

LIVERPOOL DIDNT WANT HIM:nono:

We wanted him alright, but not at double the price we sold him for 12 months ago.

Dan_
31-08-2005, 09:50 AM
Liverpool have made a bid for Simao the Benfica right winger.

Dan_
31-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Deal fell through :mad:

CharlotteSometimes
31-08-2005, 09:24 PM
From: LiverpoolFC.TV (http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N149858050831-1235.htm)

Rafael Benitez today dismissed talk that he didn't want to bring Michael Owen back home to Anfield. On the day Owen was officially unveiled as a Newcastle player, the Liverpool boss has admitted the Reds wouldn't pay £16 million for a player they sold for half that amount only a year ago and that, in the end, made any deal 'impossible'.

"We tried until the very end to sign Michael. We even made phone calls early yesterday morning. In the end, it was impossible," he said. "When we spoke to Madrid, they only ever talked about £16m. We couldn't spend that much money on a player we sold for £8m. We have to think about the club over any player in this situation. Real Madrid put a lot of pressure on Michael to go to Newcastle because they wanted the money to sign Sergio Ramos. I hoped Michael would say no and then, maybe, we could do something."

Benitez will now put his faith in the club's current crop of strikers, including Djibril Cisse who has also had to read speculation over his future in the past few days.

He added: "Whenever I was asked about Owen I had to respect the strikers we have at the club. We had offers for Cisse, some involving loan deals. We never planned to sell Cisse but when Madrid kept on telling us they wanted £16m, it was a problem and we had to look at different possibilities. We had clubs interested in Djibril, but we made it clear to them we wanted to keep the player. I like Cisse and he is the type of player we need to score a lot of goals and he showed that in the Super Cup final. We didn't want to sell him and that's why we turned down some offers. I thought we could bring Michael to the club because Neil Mellor is out injured for a few more weeks and some clubs are interested in taking him on loan. We need different sorts of strikers at the club and having Michael, Florent Sinama-Pongolle, Fernando Morientes, Peter Crouch and Djibril Cisse would have given us many different options."

Today's Liverpool Echo called Owen's signing 'The most expensive loan deal in football history'. Owen has had several clauses included in his contract, but the most telling is the '£12 million bid' get-out clause. Come the end of the season, Owen can walk away if any club offers £12 million or more - coincidentally the exact figure Liverpool were prepared to pay to bring him home.

Dan_
03-09-2005, 04:11 PM
3rd win in a row for Stevenage now, Elding scoring the only goal against Halifax.

BigSister
03-09-2005, 04:15 PM
2-1 today against Woking:thumbs:

Dan_
03-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Where are Accrington now in the league? We are 3rd!

BigSister
03-09-2005, 04:19 PM
9th but 4 points off top

Dan_
03-09-2005, 04:21 PM
Oh cool, we are 2 points off the top now.

BigSister
03-09-2005, 04:26 PM
yay go Stevenage:thumbs:

Dan_
03-09-2005, 05:19 PM
Next game should be a corker. At home to Hereford.

skelo4eva
03-09-2005, 05:45 PM
england won but wales did well

BigSister
03-09-2005, 05:47 PM
*prays for Stevenage to win"
I cant stand Herford (Sorry to any Herford fans)
Ours are our old friends*rolls eyes* Burton Albun

Dan_
03-09-2005, 05:52 PM
I don't like Hereford either really. I think you will beat Burton.

Siouxsie
03-09-2005, 09:19 PM
my teaM IS doing CRAP SAFC AND WE ARE PLAYING CHELSEA NEXt :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawl ing::bawling::bawling::bawling:what chance do we have i love the blues as well

James
08-09-2005, 06:50 AM
Any comment about yesterday's events of a footballing variety? Well done to Walter's guys winning in Norway, anyway.

Still in with a chance of qualifying although it will probably be another glorious failure!

Dan_
08-09-2005, 11:56 AM
Please don't get me started on the Northen Ireland-England game, I don't think I have seen us play any worse in my lifetime.

skelo4eva
08-09-2005, 05:11 PM
cant believe it ireland lost 2

CharlotteSometimes
08-09-2005, 05:37 PM

Please don't get me started on the Northen Ireland-England game, I don't think I have seen us play any worse in my lifetime.

Do you think Sven should be sacked, BB f? I know it's the first qualifier we've lost under him, but it has to be said that we've got a very strong squad at the moment. That performance last night was akin to Barcelona being taught a lesson by Tranmere Rovers.

Still, congratulations to Northern Ireland.

Dan_
08-09-2005, 05:53 PM

Do you think Sven should be sacked, BB f? I know it's the first qualifier we've lost under him, but it has to be said that we've got a very strong squad at the moment. That performance last night was akin to Barcelona being taught a lesson by Tranmere Rovers.

Still, congratulations to Northern Ireland.

Well we may not have ever lost a qualifier under him till last last night but mainly the teams in our groups are by no means great. When it comes to the Euro's and the World Cup for the money he is on he has totally underperformed and many managers would have done the same job only a heck of a lot less.

I don't see any passion in Sven or any motivation in the team, when things go wrong he has no idea how to change things. Last night taking off Wright-Phillips totally messed up the shape and then to bring Owen Hargreaves on for Lampard summed things up for me. It was embarrasing and I am sick of the dross that England play under Sven so he has to go imo.

CharlotteSometimes
08-09-2005, 06:16 PM
Yeah, I think it's time for him to move on, too. But the severance pay would be massive. Another issue would be that there isn't a good candidate waiting in the wings to replace him. I'm sure that they'd go with Steve Mc.Claren, but there's nothing much to say that he'd be up to the challenge.

Dan_
08-09-2005, 06:35 PM
Sven will never quit so it leaves the FA in a tricky situation because as you say the severance pay would be a large amount.

Replacement wise McClaren would be the obvious choice but I find the way his team's play incredibly dull. Some have said Sam Allardyce but he's the same as McClaren but slightly better. Stuart Pearce would be my choice but then he has not even managed Manchester City for a full season yet. Alan Curbishley is another choice.

Siouxsie
09-09-2005, 08:10 PM
mmmm safc playing chelsea (one of my fave team) not a cat in hells chance score ? erm i dare not even mention it

Siouxsie
09-09-2005, 09:56 PM
:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawl ing::bawling: we will lose

Kore
10-09-2005, 12:32 AM
weyhey, how are you all?:xyxwave:

Siouxsie
10-09-2005, 07:52 AM
fantastic kore

guttridge
10-09-2005, 02:43 PM
There is only one team for me and that is villa

CharlotteSometimes
10-09-2005, 03:02 PM

Some have said Sam Allardyce but he's the same as McClaren but slightly better.

There were quotes from Allardyce on Teletext too, saying that he wants to replace Sven whenever he leaves. That's a bit of a kick in the teeth for Bolton fans though, I think.

guttridge
10-09-2005, 03:27 PM
ROBIN JACK

Dan_
10-09-2005, 05:31 PM

Some have said Sam Allardyce but he's the same as McClaren but slightly better.

There were quotes from Allardyce on Teletext too, saying that he wants to replace Sven whenever he leaves. That's a bit of a kick in the teeth for Bolton fans though, I think.

It would be a real blow for Bolton if he did leave and I can't see anyone doing as well as he had but Sven looks destined to stay :rolleyes:

James
10-09-2005, 06:37 PM
The problem that the England boss has, any boss, is that the hype and expectation level from the press is so great. And there's a million pundits and armchair managers that have their own idea about tactics and team selection.

The names being touted around has possible replacements for Sven-Goran Eriksson are not actually better at management than he is - if you look at their respective records.

Eriksson does get paid too much for the job he is required to do but even that is a result of the excessive press criticism of previous teams' performances and the managers' personal lives being turned into front-page news - no top-coach would take the job for less money.

Siouxsie
11-09-2005, 02:06 PM
SAFC Bottom :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

jrc
11-09-2005, 07:33 PM
lol, unlucky.

BigSister
11-09-2005, 07:50 PM
2-0 yesterday but gutted Stevenage drew next up is Crawley who is next for you Dan?

Dan_
11-09-2005, 07:51 PM
Aldershot for us, they have loads of injuries and lost 5-2 yesterday so we should win.

Well done on the win yesterday, a draw a fair result from our game because we controlled the 1st half and them the 2nd.

BigSister
11-09-2005, 07:52 PM
thanks, you should beat them:colour:

Dan_
11-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Crawley are improving but I think you will win 2-1.

BigSister
11-09-2005, 08:05 PM
that what I think too thats my prediction

Dan_
17-09-2005, 10:01 AM
LDV vans draw:

Northern Section

Rotherham v Accrington Stanley
Mansfield v Hereford
Macclesfield v Chester
Barnsley v Doncaster
Cambridge v Chester
Blackpool v Wrexham
Boston v Huddersfield
Kidderminster v Darlington
Oldham v Carlisle
Grimsby v Morecambe
Halifax v Bury
Tranmere v Lincoln
Scunthorpe v Hartlepool
Rochdale v Stockport

Southern Section

Wycombe v Dagenham
MK Dons v Exeter
Peterborough v Bristol Rovers
Shrewsbury v Cheltenham
Brentford v Oxford
Leyton Orient v Yeovil
Swindon v Stevenage
Torquay v Swansea
Bournemouth v Aldershot
Gillingham v Crawley
Northampton v Notts County
Barnet v Bristol City
Rushden v Southend
Woking v Nottm Forest

guttridge
17-09-2005, 11:22 AM
villa to win 2 1 today cum on villa

Dan_
17-09-2005, 02:53 PM
Stevenage 2-0 Aldershot at half time :dance:

BigSister
17-09-2005, 03:18 PM
1-1 at half time* pulls face*

Dan_
17-09-2005, 03:22 PM
2-1 now :nono:

BigSister
17-09-2005, 03:24 PM
who Dan

BigSister
17-09-2005, 03:25 PM
oh right. 2-1 to us now!:dance:

Dan_
17-09-2005, 03:27 PM
2-1 to us, they scored a free-kick. Need another goal to be safe.

BigSister
17-09-2005, 03:39 PM
2-2 now:rolleyes:

BigSister
17-09-2005, 03:41 PM
3-2 now:laugh::elephant:

Dan_
17-09-2005, 03:52 PM
2-2 :mad:, a game last 90 mins lads :bored:

BigSister
17-09-2005, 03:53 PM
oh no*cries*

BigSister
17-09-2005, 03:59 PM
yay we won 4-2 now.Thank goodness at 2-2 I was getting worried

Dan_
17-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Finished 2-2 and I am really annoyed now. Well done on your win Rebecca, your above us now :laugh:. Exeter next for us and we will proably lose that one.

BigSister
17-09-2005, 04:07 PM
i know im above now we have Aldershot at home on Tuesday but my dad is working lates so I cant go now oh well we will proably draw

sol
17-09-2005, 04:16 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Plymouth 1 Burnley 0

We are out of the relegation zone
and push Burnley into it
he he unlucky Burnley :spin2: :hello: :xyxwave:

BigSister
20-09-2005, 08:58 PM
:bouncy::bouncy: 3-2 to Stanley and 2-0 Stevenage wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol im as happy for Stevenage as for Accrington

Siouxsie
20-09-2005, 09:16 PM
:bored::bored::blush::mad::mad::nono: Sunderland well erm what can i say but crap

Dan_
20-09-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by BigSister
:bouncy::bouncy: 3-2 to Stanley and 2-0 Stevenage wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol I'm as happy for Stevenage as for Accrington

Yay well done to both teams. Hopefully we can win the league and you can go up through the play-offs lol.

I went to the game late, was not even meant to go but I nagged my mum into going got in a taxi and got there sharpish, gave the taxi driver £2 tip and just pegged it to get in! It was well worth the effort to get there as it was the the best game I have seen in ages and we were super, top night's football and the atmosphere was great.

BigSister
20-09-2005, 09:50 PM
pah how rude:laugh:. But yayyyyyyyyyy Exeter needed taking down a peg:mad:

Dan_
20-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Yep, nice to be the 1st team to beat them and do it in style.

guttridge
21-09-2005, 10:49 AM
i think we will put a good show on saturday watch out chelsea

Dan_
21-09-2005, 11:29 AM
I think you will get beaten but at least you will try and attack.

guttridge
21-09-2005, 01:52 PM
yeh we will get beated it will be like the man u match where we lost 1.0

Dan_
24-09-2005, 11:32 AM
Draw for the 3rd round of the Carling Cup.

Doncaster v Gillingham
Bolton v West Ham
Crystal Palace v Liverpool
Manchester United v Barnet
Chelsea v Charlton
Reading v Sheffield United
Fulham v West Brom
Mansfield v Millwall
Sunderland v Arsenal
Everton v Middlesbrough
Wigan v Watford
Grimsby v Newcastle
Aston Villa v Burnley
Blackburn v Leeds
Cardiff v Leicester
Birmingham v Norwich

skelo4eva
24-09-2005, 01:20 PM
leeds vs blackburn kmon leeds!! id say well beat them lol

guttridge
24-09-2005, 02:49 PM
Manchester United v Barnet I may go to that come on villa beat for what they did to us last season

BigSister
25-09-2005, 07:52 AM
2-1 Dan but sorry fot you against Morcambe we will try to beat them for you but I dont think we will

Dan_
25-09-2005, 10:21 AM
Our away form is terrible, few players were rubbish yesterday, Morecambe are very good. Your 2nd though!

BigSister
25-09-2005, 10:27 AM
I know!. But musnt get too over excited

Dan_
26-09-2005, 03:34 PM
Stevenage chairman Phil Wallace has declined an offer for the club by a Bedfordshire-based consortium.

"It was very flattering and they had obviously done their homework, which was reflected in the price offered but I politely declined," said Wallace.

"I have no financial need to sell and I'm still enjoying building the club's infrastructure.

"We're getting the balance right between success on and off the pitch. I believe the club has a great future."

Our manager is meant to be having an interview for the Yeovil job, can't say I would be that annoyed if he went.

Z
26-09-2005, 06:47 PM
My team, Aberdeen, lieing 6th in the table with the potential to overtake Rangers. I never thought I'd see the day... :dance:

Dan_
05-10-2005, 10:01 AM
We are on sky sports 1 tonight :hello:

BigSister
05-10-2005, 10:36 AM
good luck:hello:

Dan_
05-10-2005, 09:29 PM
:dance: 2-1 with us scoring in the last minute, super Georgie Boyd

Mike
05-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Good result for your lot BB fernzy, that George Boyd was pretty impressive and deserved his goal.

Kore
05-10-2005, 10:37 PM
weyhey!

BigSister
06-10-2005, 08:02 AM
yay pah I may not be able to go on Friday though

Dan_
06-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Mike
Good result for your lot BB fernzy, that George Boyd was pretty impressive and deserved his goal.

Yer Boyd is a classy player, came through our youth team and he's only about 19. Did you watch the whole game?

BigSister
06-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Its back on again im going Friday Dan:thumbs:

bbslilspy
06-10-2005, 05:08 PM
good game last night it was funny when stevenage went 1 nil up and it was an own goal and he was claiming it

BigSister
06-10-2005, 05:13 PM
im so glad you beat them though annoying team

Dan_
06-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Haha yer they are pretty annoying the way they play and their manager is a clown.

That was a clear own goal, silly Elding trying to claim it.

BigSister
06-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Their goalkeeper is an idiot too:mad:

BigSister
07-10-2005, 09:03 PM
Dan we won 2-1:dance:

Dan_
08-10-2005, 09:07 AM
Yer I saw nice one, haha Hereford United, all their fans are so arrogant and they thought they were going to win the league. At this rate they won't even make the play-offs.

We are playing Burton today at 2.

BigSister
08-10-2005, 09:10 AM
ooh I bet you win the ref was such a muppet though for their goal they fouled one of our players and he waved play on the linesmen were muppets as well

Dan_
08-10-2005, 10:10 AM
Bit like the clowns we had tuesday :rolleyes:.

Our game is live on the radio :thumbs:

skelo4eva
08-10-2005, 10:11 AM
ireland better win today cyprus r rubbish

BigSister
08-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Typical isnt it Dan:rolleyes:

skelo4eva
08-10-2005, 06:56 PM
Yes we won!!! We were cr** but we just managed to scarp a 1 - 0 exactly like england game!

Z
08-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Scotland 0 Belarus 1.

Kill me now...

BigSister
08-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Did you win Dan?

Dan_
09-10-2005, 11:46 AM
No, our away form is crap but our home form is brilliant.

BigSister
09-10-2005, 06:19 PM
Seems like us is the same I couldnt beileve it when my dad told me *cries*

Siouxsie
09-10-2005, 09:39 PM
whats wrong with beckham lately ???

BigSister
10-10-2005, 01:09 PM
FA cup draw we got Worchester city a Conference North team who did Stevenage get Dan?

Dan_
10-10-2005, 03:49 PM
Exeter away!

BigSister
10-10-2005, 04:15 PM
oh no!. Might be on Sky though

Dan_
10-10-2005, 04:23 PM
Yer it's proably the tie of the round, hopefully we can get a draw have a replay and win that then get someone at home.

BigSister
10-10-2005, 04:41 PM
you better beat them

Dan_
10-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Well our away form's rubbish so I would'nt bet on it.

BigSister
10-10-2005, 08:45 PM
oh well it wouldnt be any loss if you lost against Exeter. But hopefully you will win

Red Moon
12-10-2005, 10:01 PM
All I can say come on Southend.......

A happy man

Siouxsie
15-10-2005, 08:49 PM
think im gtiving up on sunderland:mad::mad::mad:

jrc
15-10-2005, 08:50 PM
Liverpool 1 Blackburn 0. Finally, a win! :spin2:

BigSister
15-10-2005, 08:58 PM
You beat where I live jrc well i live between Blackburn and accrington

Dan_
15-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Stevenage 3-1 Acrrington, sorry just had to mention that Rebecca :laugh:

BigSister
15-10-2005, 09:24 PM
thats ok dan i thought we would lose just had a feeling. Hope we beat grays for you though:thumbs:

Siouxsie
15-10-2005, 09:27 PM
safc crap

jrc
15-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Score?

Siouxsie
15-10-2005, 09:29 PM
got beat again as always

Siouxsie
15-10-2005, 09:29 PM
we need a good striker

jrc
15-10-2005, 09:30 PM
What was the score, though?

Dan_
16-10-2005, 10:19 AM
3-1 to Manchester United. You cannot expect too much of Sunderland against Man U scooby.

Dan_
22-10-2005, 04:35 PM
1st round draw:

Notts Forest vs Weymouth
Bristol City vs Notts County
Southport vs Woking
Canvey/Burnham vs Aldershot
Rochdale vs Brentford
Eastborne Borough vs Oxford United
Merthy Tydfil vs Walsall
Hartlepool United vs Dagenham and Redbridge
Bradford City vs Tranmere Rovers
Barnet vs Southend United
Peterborough United vs Burton Albion
Cheltenham Town vs Carlisle United
Histon vs Hendsford Town
York City vs Grays Athletic
Swindon Town vs Boston United
Blyth Spartans/Chasetown vs Oldham
AFC Bournemouth vs Tamworth
Chester City vs Folkstene Invicta
Kettering Town vs Stevenage Borough
Nuneaton/Tiverton vs Ramsgate
Huddersfield vs Welling United
Cambrige City vs Hereford United/Alfreton Town
Port Vale vs Wrexham
Halifax Town vs Rushden & Diamonds
Barnsley vs Darlington
Torquay United vs Harrogate Town
Doncaster Rovers vs Blackpool
Shrewsbury Town vs Braintree Town
Bury vs Scunthorpe United
Morecambe vs Northwich Victoria
Hucknall/Burscough vs Gillingham
Stockport vs Swansea
Macclesfield Town vs Yeovil Town
Chippenham Town vs Accrington Stanley/Worcester City
Wycombe vs Northampton
Grimsby vs Bristol Rovers
Rotherham United vs Mansfield Town
Colchester vs Leamington
Lincoln City vs MK Dons
Leyton Orient vs Chesterfield.

jrc
22-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Liverpool suck. 2-0 against Fulham. What is it about playing in the league? :mad:

Red Moon
30-10-2005, 11:14 PM
I would just like to thank Bristol City, without you we would be top of the league

A Southend Utd Supporter

Mike
30-10-2005, 11:57 PM
I dont support Southend but..... Theres only one Freddy Eastwood

what a game he had against Bristol City.

Red Moon
31-10-2005, 12:32 AM
And there is only one Steve Tilson and the rest of you can't have him. They were wonderful goals but it a good manager to make a good team.

WB Mike

Siouxsie
31-10-2005, 12:46 PM
got beat again at the weekend safc

BigSister
31-10-2005, 01:51 PM
2-1:thumbs: and we are 3rd at the moment

Dan_
31-10-2005, 02:20 PM
We won 2-0, goals from Jon Nurse and George Boyd, upto 5th in the league.

Mike
31-10-2005, 03:27 PM

How long do you think you will hold on to George Boyd for? apparently theres quite a few teams looking at him.

Dan_
31-10-2005, 03:43 PM

How long do you think you will hold on to George Boyd for? apparently theres quite a few teams looking at him.

He's meant to be signing a new 2 year contract soon, so proably a while longer. We don't seem in any rush to sell and he's happy to stay, unlike Elding :rolleyes:

Tanser_Man
31-10-2005, 05:11 PM
Well Villa Vs Man City tonight in Manchester.

We need the three points to pull us out of the crap at the bottom and then we can start to relax again and play the footie we enjoy.

I can seeing us winning, 3-1 for some reason.

guttridge
31-10-2005, 06:31 PM
come on u villa get man city tonight they are bad come on villa .villa to won 2.1

Red Moon
31-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Well done to the Man City fan. Your turn next time Aston Villa fan.

BigSister
01-11-2005, 03:57 PM
I think they are both Villa fans Red

Tanser_Man
01-11-2005, 04:09 PM
Lost 3-1, i was close.

guttridge
01-11-2005, 06:32 PM
boo hoo our old player score no

Dan_
05-11-2005, 04:57 PM
:hello: through to the 2nd round of the FA CUP after beating Gazza's team Kettering 3-1. Goals from Stamp, Boyd and Elding.

Red Moon
05-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Same here another goal from Super Fred...... saw us beat Barnet !

:hello:

Dan_
05-11-2005, 05:40 PM
:thumbs: let's hope we avoid each other in the 2nd round and both get through to the 3rd round and face a premier league team.

Red Moon
05-11-2005, 06:07 PM
I hope not to BB fernzy we don't want to lose.... :)

Did you see the Colchester result:

Colchester.........9 - 1........Leamington

G Halford 38.....................R Adams 71
W Brown 43
C Iwelumo 47
J Cureton 59
K Watson 62
M Yeates 66
J Cureton 69
N Danns 88
N Danns 90

BigSister
05-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Yay well done dan and BBfernzy

Dan_
05-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Red Moon
I hope not to BB fernzy we don't want to lose.... :)

Did you see the Colchester result:

Colchester.........9 - 1........Leamington

G Halford 38.....................R Adams 71
W Brown 43
C Iwelumo 47
J Cureton 59
K Watson 62
M Yeates 66
J Cureton 69
N Danns 88
N Danns 90

Yer I did see that, sometimes it goes right for the non-leaguers but it looks like the gap in class between those 2 sides was there to see.

Looking forward to the highlights on match of the day tonight.

Siouxsie
05-11-2005, 09:48 PM
sunderland i hate them can we not even draw a game!!!!!

jrc
05-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Come on though, Scoobs. You were at Highbury. Even I wouldn't except anything there, and I support Liverpool!

Z
05-11-2005, 11:09 PM
We drew with Rangers. At Ibrox. This calls for a celebration!!! *parades*

Mike
05-11-2005, 11:43 PM
Good result there Ziola, Rangers are slipping even further behind Celtic and Hearts.

CharlotteSometimes
06-11-2005, 01:55 AM
What would happen if a schoolboy managed to get hold of Gary Neville's mobile phone number, and then gave it to everyone in his school? And then it got round another school, and another? And then Gary Neville started getting lots and lots of prank calls from lots and lots of schoolboys? Somebody might record one of them, and put it online for everyone to hear, perhaps. Like this (http://blogfc.com/neville.mp3). (The recording contains lots of swearing, and a grown man rather pathetically threatening a teenage boy, by the way).

James
06-11-2005, 07:43 AM
Good result there Ziola, Rangers are slipping even further behind Celtic and Hearts.

We can hardly buy a goal at the moment in the league. It's no good.

jrc
06-11-2005, 08:49 AM
2-0 victory for us at Villa Park.

Z
06-11-2005, 10:11 AM
(Lmao Charlotte.)

Yeah, but we're sitting in 7th! *shudder* I mean I was hardly expecting us to be making Europe this season, but we're really poor at the moment! No idea how good this Sven Baas character is!

Kore
06-11-2005, 11:19 AM
cmon united!

like hell are they gonna win this one..lol :/

Z
06-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Which United? Manchester? :conf:

Dan_
07-11-2005, 02:04 PM
Stevenage player up for player of the round:

Five players who were in great form in The FA Cup over the weekend have been nominated for The FA’s Player of the Round award, run in partnership with UMBRO.

One of them - Northwich Victoria’s Paul Brayson - could make FA Cup history by becoming the first player to win The Player of the Round award twice.

Brayson, already in this season’s Team of The FA Cup, has been nominated again after scoring all three goals in Northwich’s shock 3-1 win over Conference side Morecambe.

But he faces stiff opposition from Stevenage Borough’s George Boyd, Weymouth ‘keeper Jason Matthews, Burscough’s captain Karl Bell and Colchester United’s on-loan winger Mark Yeates.

Man-of-the-match Boyd scored one and set up another in Stevenage Borough’s 3-1 win over Paul Gascoigne’s Kettering Town while Jason Matthews made a point blank save to give Weymouth a well-earned replay against twice European Cup winners Nottingham Forest.

Burscough’s Karl Bell scored the first and was the driving force in their giant-killing 3-2 win over Gillingham.

Colchester United’s Mark Yeates was superb as he went face to face with the 3Q Player of the Round, Alex Rodman. Yeates scored a tremendous 25-yard drive and had a hand in four other goals in the 9-1 win over Leamington.

Fans now have seven days to vote in our poll on the homepage before the deadline of 9.00am next Monday, 14 November.

The player with the most votes will become the fifth FA Cup ‘Player of the Round’ this season and will win £1000 worth of UMBRO football kit for a local school, club or organisation. He will also receive an engraved silver salver.

The winning player will automatically join The FA’s Team of The FA Cup, guaranteeing VIP attendance at the 125th FA Cup final at the new Wembley stadium, on 13 May 2006.

vote on www.thefa.com

BigSister
12-11-2005, 09:48 PM
2-1:xyxwave:

Z
12-11-2005, 09:57 PM
:thumbs: Good for you BS! :spin:

skelo4eva
12-11-2005, 11:09 PM
england 3 2 good one

Z
13-11-2005, 09:21 AM
Scotland 1-1 USA.

Hmm... :bored:

Dan_
13-11-2005, 10:44 AM
Stevenage 3-1 Kidderminster.

Well done to Accrington on ending Grays unbeaten run.

BigSister
13-11-2005, 10:46 AM
Thanks Dan:wavey:

sol
13-11-2005, 12:28 PM
did England win! :shocked:

I saw it up to the 2-2 equaliser by Michael Owen, then my mum had a... lets call it a "fit" and switched the TV off, but it was like the 88th minute so i though, o it'll just end 2-2

Who scored the winner!!!!!!!!???? :conf:

sol
13-11-2005, 12:29 PM
sunderland i hate them can we not even draw a game!!!!!

Try, supporting Plymouth, then you'll know the meaning of frustration! :mad: :laugh:

Dan_
13-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Owen scored the winner, Joe Cole did a bit of skill put in a cross and Owen headed it in, it looked as though Crouch pushed him towards it lol.

Kore
13-11-2005, 06:30 PM
aye good game england - argie was

Mike
13-11-2005, 06:31 PM
That was a brilliant result.

Its never a friendly when we play Argentina.

Dan_
17-11-2005, 02:19 PM
32 teams who have qualified for the world cup finals
Angola
Ivory Coast
Togo
Ghana
Tunisia
Japan
Iran
Korea Republic
Saudi Arabia
Germany
Ukraine
The Netherlands
Poland
England
Croatia
Italy
Portugal
Sweden
Serbia & Montenegro
France
Switzerland
Spain
Czech Republic
USA
Mexico
Costa Rica
Trinidad & Tobago
Australia
Argentina
Brazil
Ecuador
Paraguay

CharlotteSometimes
17-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Not the strongest 32 really, is it? You'd expect an average Championship side to cope favourably with roughly half of that lot. Still, depending on the group draws, all the better for us, I suppose. :spin:

Mike
17-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Heres the teams that dont stand a chance - Angola, Togo, Saudi Arabia, Ecuador, Iran, Australia, Ghana, Trinidad & Tobago, Serbia & Montenegro, Ivory Coast, USA, Switzerland and Tunisia.

I've probably missed a couple more teams as well.

BigSister
17-11-2005, 04:53 PM
:thumbs: Turkey arent in

Z
17-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Although I agree Mike, Saudi Arabia could spring a surprise, they've got quite a good team actually! :spin2:

Dan_
17-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Lol Ziola.

Ivory Coast are proably not going to win it but they have a good team, they will suprise a few people.

CharlotteSometimes
18-11-2005, 07:35 AM
I'm not sure about Australia, as I've never seen them play at all. But the Americans seem to have really got their act together recently, and they're not the walkover they used to be.

Dan_
18-11-2005, 02:29 PM
America did make it quite far last time round.

Australia have a few decent players as well.

BigSister
18-11-2005, 03:02 PM
yeah i think they got to the quarters America

BigSister
18-11-2005, 08:51 PM
2-0 yay and top for 24 hours

sol
18-11-2005, 08:58 PM
o god, im not looking forward to our wooping tommorow against QPR, im just gonna have to grin and bare it :devil:
anyway, nite all :thumbs:

Z
18-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Oh lordy, it's Hearts tomorrow.

Still, got the chant ready:

"With a packet of sweets and a cheeky smile; Rix is a paedophiiiile"

:laugh:

James
07-12-2005, 07:56 AM
Rangers through to the last 16 of the Champions League. Yeehaa! :hugesmile:

Dan_
07-12-2005, 09:38 AM
Well done to Rangers. Liverpool and Chelsea also through with Liverpool winning the group :spin:

Mike
07-12-2005, 11:26 AM
Rangers suprised me especially after their form in the SPL of late.

Well done to them.

BigSister
07-12-2005, 11:28 AM
:bigsmile: Thank you Alty for drawing with Grays:bigsmile:

Jay
07-12-2005, 12:05 PM
im surprised they got a apoint against Inter i thought they was gunna score a couple past Rangers but well done to Rangers, just man utds turn tonight to win

Dan_
09-12-2005, 08:42 PM
GROUP A-Germany and Poland to go through
Germany
Costa Rica
Poland
Ecuador

GROUP B-England and Sweden
England
Paraguay
Trinidad & Tobago
Sweden

GROUP C-Argentina and Ivory Coast
Argentina
Ivory Coast
Serbia & Montenegro
Holland

GROUP D-Mexico and Portugal
Mexico
Iran
Angola
Portugal

GROUP E-Italy and Czech Rep
Italy
Ghana
USA
Czech Republic

GROUP F-Brazil and Australia
Brazil
Croatia
Australia
Japan

GROUP G-France and Korea
France
Switzerland
South Korea
Togo

GROUP H-Spain and Ukraine
Spain
Ukraine
Tunisia
Saudi Arabia

Group C is the group of death imo, 4 pretty good teams I cannot decide which two will go through, I'll say Ivory Coast and Argentina though.Group A looks pretty straight forward for Germany and Poland, we should get through group B with Sweden. Portugal and Mexico look as though they will get through group D with ease. Group E is another very close one and hard to pick which 2 will go through but I will go for the European teams. Group F is simple for Brazil but the fight for 2nd place will be close.Group G is between 3 teams and so's Group H.

BigSister
09-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Yeah agree with you there Dan:dance:

ThaGazBoi
09-12-2005, 11:24 PM
I absoulty agree two. There could be some surprises though

Jay
10-12-2005, 01:53 AM
group E is probably the toughest

BigSister
10-12-2005, 08:23 PM
woo hoo 2-0!:colour:

Mike
10-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Chelsea 1 - 0 Wigan
Gillingham 3 - 0 Port Vale

good to see both my teams winning.

Dan_
11-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Same for me Mike, Liverpool 2-0 Middlesborough and Stevenage 2-1 Forest Green Rovers.

Siouxsie
11-12-2005, 12:53 PM
mmmm my team Sunderland still cant win:blush: